Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Family Matters
 Being pregnant - Arrival update
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Family Matters: Previous Topic Being pregnant - Arrival update Next Topic
Page: of 5

countrymommy85
True Blue Farmgirl

898 Posts

Krystle
MT
USA
898 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2011 :  7:07:06 PM  Show Profile
Yesterday was just awful! I had the worst heartburn/reflux EVER! I woke up with it and I couldn't do anything, I could hardly care for my own kids it was so bad! I tried everything and nothing worked. . . Found out why last night! All of a sudden the baby rolled and within 5 minutes I had absolutely no heartburn anymore. I could finally eat after ALL day of not eating. Even water made the heartburn worse! Today has been just fine now. It was so random. I think the baby was pushing my stomach so bad it made me have reflux because there wasn't anyplace for any stomach acid to go. Crazyness! Glad it is over though! Hope baby doesn't do that to me again! Not even Tums (my last resort) worked yesterday! Well off to bed I go, have a long weekend coming up so I better get as much rest as I can now!

Mothers are those wonderful people who can get up in the morning before the smell of coffee. ~Author Unknown

http://countryrenaissance.blogspot.com
http://www.etsy.com/shop/SunflowersAndHoney
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13617 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13617 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2011 :  8:07:20 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Boy do I remember the heartburn! Had it with my son, just about all the time in the latter months. Could NOT lay down!!! He didn't have a lot of hair when he was born ( his sister had tons of dark hair when she was born ) and I told folks that I had heartburn so bad so much while pregnant with him that it burned the hair off his head!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

From my Hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Montrose Girl
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm

1360 Posts

Laurie
Montrose CO
1360 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2011 :  08:22:52 AM  Show Profile
Oh Krystie, I haven't had the heartburn so am glad for that. Junior has rolled a few times and sent my head spinning like I just did a flip, but he hasn't found any overly sensitive spots. How far along are you? One of the ladies in my birthing class said when she put a flashlight to her belly the baby moved towards it. If you get heartburn again and think it is the baby's location maybe you could try to move him with the light. Just a thought.

Laurie

http://www.inntheorchardbnb.com/
Go to Top of Page

countrymommy85
True Blue Farmgirl

898 Posts

Krystle
MT
USA
898 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2011 :  08:07:07 AM  Show Profile
I totally forgot that I could get baby to move with a light!!! Thank you so much! Next time baby's bum pushes my stomach up that far I will totally do that!!! Thanks!!! I have been doing some inversions as described on spinningbabies.com and also some yoga stretches for my lower back and that has helped baby reposition herself but goodness I couldn't do anything to get her to move that one day! Sometimes she presses on my stomach and I get heartburn but it hasn't been that bad since then.

Mothers are those wonderful people who can get up in the morning before the smell of coffee. ~Author Unknown

Go to Top of Page

Montrose Girl

1360 Posts

Laurie
Montrose CO
1360 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2011 :  10:21:14 AM  Show Profile
A week away from my due date and my doctor leaves on Friday for vacation. **sigh** We have both been hoping junior would come before she left, but he seems in no rush. She had me go for an ultrasound on Friday and all is looking good. He's looking around 8 lbs. She of course was looking through all the literature but couldn't convince herself to try to induce. I said good as I did not want to be and she was relieved. We have a back up in place, another female doctor in her office, but after all these months she wants to be there.

So trying not to count days and be patient with myself as each day trudges by.

I hope the others due around now are doing well.

Laurie

Go to Top of Page

countrymommy85
True Blue Farmgirl

898 Posts

Krystle
MT
USA
898 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2011 :  1:21:46 PM  Show Profile
34 weeks now and pregnancy is really starting to pick up now. Meaning I really feel pregnant compared to the entire last trimester! I have such a hard time sleeping due to baby's position but I'm not complaining because she hasn't dropped yet which is great because I've been getting a lot of BH contractions. So I've been taking it easy, not over doing it anymore (as of Saturday that is!) and making sure I'm staying hydrated. My next ob check is Friday and I don't care what they say I am not going to let them do an exam because I want to make sure I can have this baby full term and I don't want an exam to stimulate labor. So they can wait until my 36/37 week appointment if they MUST do an exam. But anyhow I wish the baby would turn and face my back to take some pressure off my lower back but so far she hasn't been cooperating.

Laurie, maybe the baby will wait until your doctor gets back? You are almost there!!!

Go to Top of Page

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2011 :  12:09:34 AM  Show Profile
Well I was due on Monday. Came and gone and nothing. Last Thursday I was dilated 1 1/2 centimeters. I go to the dr tomorrow afternoon. Depending on if I have dilated any more, we are going to ask to be induced on Thursday so my husband will have the weekend off work to be at the hospital with me. I was hoping he would come on his own. I really didn't want to do induction, but the dr said he would do a very very slow induction if I wanted one. He told me that last week. I guess we will see.

http://www.heathersprairie.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2011 :  07:46:58 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Wow Heather! Good luck with your baby and the birth! Maybe he will surprise you and things will start progressing!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Montrose Girl

1360 Posts

Laurie
Montrose CO
1360 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2011 :  07:49:01 AM  Show Profile
Best of luck Heather. It's a bit nerve wracking this waiting. I've never been good at waiting.

Krystie, my doctor waited until week 38 for an exam. I don't think there is a rush though part of me wishes it would have encouraged him along. ha. Oh, and I hope he doesn't wait that long! The back-up doctor is just as good and I am comfortable with her too. I hear first babies are a little slower so that would be just the end of next week. This whole guessing due dates thing to me is still humorous as they are good at giving a range too, as of last Friday I was from 38 weeks to 41 weeks!

Mom is back in town now, so I'm good with any day, course I have been for a while now.

Laurie

Go to Top of Page

buggysmum
True Blue Farmgirl

110 Posts

Shelly

110 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2011 :  4:33:20 PM  Show Profile
Best of luck Laurie and Heather! We can't wait to hear the happy news!!!
Go to Top of Page

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2011 :  03:04:20 AM  Show Profile
Thanks gals. And yes the guessing is hilarious Laurie! I asked my dr approx how big he thought RJ was, he laughed and said between 6 and 12 lbs and then said, I am rarely wrong! hahahaha ok. lol haha

I'm usually pretty good at pinpointing exactly when I conceived though. I seem to always know like almost right away. I always have this butterfly fluttery feeling almost instantly, and usually know with in a day or two (even before a test would show it).

This is the first time though I am ready for it to be over. lol I can barely do anything any more. This is the biggest I have EVER been! I can't even put on my own shoes-first time ever! With DD1 I was so not wanting to have her yet and I was 38 weeks, and 40 lbs less then what I am! lol I gained 4 lbs just this week alone! I didn't gain this whole pregnancy and the last few weeks have been gaining like crazy! UHG, I feel huge and can barely move. OTOH, I worry about having a baby so soon......I feel bad about getting pregnant too soon after having DD2, I wanted her to be a baby longer. and I don't know how she will react to another baby. I feel bad about it. So on that hand I wish I could keep him in there another year! lol haha

Go to Top of Page

countrymommy85
True Blue Farmgirl

898 Posts

Krystle
MT
USA
898 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2011 :  09:20:43 AM  Show Profile
Can't wait to hear updates on when you ladies finally got to meet your little ones! I'm so excited because time is flying by and I know I can't wait to meet little baby #3!!!

Go to Top of Page

Montrose Girl

1360 Posts

Laurie
Montrose CO
1360 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2011 :  3:58:09 PM  Show Profile
Like Heather it has been a whirlwind of a week. This is the first time I've had an hour to just sit. It started on the first when I ruptured, but didn't know it. By the time I got to the doctors for my appt on Tuesday, the doctor sent me straight to the hospital (My due date). Unfortunately I was not in labor and the doctor was concerned with infections since it had been so long since the rupture so they induced me at noon on Tuesday. This labor turned into everything I was hoping to avoid.

16 hours later and not dialating past 6 cm, I opted for the epideral (#2 I didn't want), but the pain had just become too much and I was just exhausted. It took the rest of the day for me to reach 10 cm, but I finally did and started to push. 5 hours later he was not coming out and the doctor was becoming highly concerned. C-section (#3 of not wanting). They discovered he was stuck on my pelvis. So Thursday morning my little one was born - a boy.

Unfortunately, things did not go well from there. That afternoon he started having random seizures. Through the night his oxygen level kept dropping. The next morning we got transferred to NICU in Grand Junction, where we are still at. The diagnosis - he had a stroke in utero. To say the least I was a bit shocked and had never heard of such a thing. Not common, but the doctors here had seen it and have been really good. They also consulted with the neo nurologist in Denver. After a week we are now in the pediatric ward, he is seizure free, eating well, and doing all the baby things expected. They are waiting to have him be off the main seizure med for a few days before sending us home, which looks like Sunday at this point.

Overall, the doctors think this should not effect him in the long term. He may need some occupational therapy, but everything they have seen indicates infants bounce back because they have not formed the brain pathways adults have. So the relief has increased as he moves around, cries, poops, and demands more and more food. Emotionally wrung, we spent our first night together since his birth in a very normal way, he was fussy because of the new formula (stress has kept me from producing enough for him him yet) and I was up all night. It was hard, but good because I know he's ok.

My mom and niece have been around full time so I've had good support as hubby handles work.

Exhausted, but happy first time mom,
Laurie

Edited by - Montrose Girl on Oct 14 2011 07:10:21 AM
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2011 :  5:03:52 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Laurie, you and your sweet little boy are in my prayers....I wish I was close enough to come help you...at least sit with you...

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2011 :  6:15:31 PM  Show Profile
Prayer go out to you and your new little one Laurie. I can not imagine the stress that you have endured in the past week. Happy you are starting to develop a sense of normalcy- and praying that all continues well for both of you. Congratulations!!!!
Smiles,

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..
Go to Top of Page

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2011 :  10:08:04 AM  Show Profile
I am so so sorry Laurie. I have heard of that before, thankfully it is unusual.

I am glad he will be ok!

As for breastfeeding, keep on pumping as much as you possibly can, if you want to breastfeed.

I can tell you for DD1 she was in NICU for 3 days I barely got anything to come out with the hospital pump. However, I did it any way in hopes of stimulating it. When I got home the first pump session with a medela double electric it was like the flood gates opened and I had no problems from there on out. With DD2, she was in NICU for a week the whole time nothing with the hospital pump hardly at all (just drops) got home with her and again, flood gates opened. With DS he didn't have to go to nicu and got to stay with me the whole time no problems at all producing the milk. So it is for sure stress. Just drink plenty of water, and keep on pumping as much as you can. And when you get home with DS you will probably be fine! ;o) Try to nurse him as much as they will let you too. That will help him learn to nurse even if you are not producing enough for his entire meal. The more you nurse him the more milk you will get, and the more he will understand nursing.

Go to Top of Page

buggysmum
True Blue Farmgirl

110 Posts

Shelly

110 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2011 :  4:43:37 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations Heather! Enjoy that beautiful baby boy. You are a wealth of information on BFing. Interesting to know about the hospital pump...I always thought that might have been part of the problem for us. I rented a hospital grade one when I had DD.

Has anyone heard from Laurie?
Go to Top of Page

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2011 :  9:33:31 PM  Show Profile
Yeah I have always heard that hospital grade is better, however, for myself I never responded well to them. I responded best to a medela pump using ameda shields/flanges. (I just plugged them into my medela double electric) I often wonder I would of done with a Ameda pump. But, at the time all the store sold by where I lived was Medela and I didn't know much about pumping. I received the Ameda shields from the hospital I had DD1 at. When I went to start using the Medela ones they had a seam in them that left me with blisters, they didn't seem to be as large as the Ameda ones either. So I just looked at the connectors and thought hmmm, I think this could work and that started me just doing that. Worked better for me. I was able to pump for 2 1/2 years for DD1. I pumped for 6 months for DD2 that's when I bottle broke her and only breast fed her. At first they said she was too premature and little to get enough suction to fully be breast fed only.

I think some of it was the hospital grade may of just been too strong for my personal body, and part of it was stress, and part of it was skin to skin. Once home with my babies I held them all the time. While in NICU I was limited to the amount of time they let me hold them, especially skin to skin. So I think once home with a less strong pump, with less stress, and with my baby on me all the time, my body responded much better. My husband was shocked with DD1 when we got home, I immediately pumped and got two full bottles. Meanwhile at the hospital doing every thing I could I was only getting droplets! At the hospital with DD2, my husband just kept saying don't worry when we get home every thing will be fine. I was thinking I'm not so sure, cause it's been almost a week and nothing, but nope husband was right as soon as we got home after a week of NICU and hospital pumps, I got home with a new medela PISA (I had worn out the old one after 2 1/2 years! lol However, I kept the motor cause I have a feeling it just needs a professional cleaning!). Again right away no problems pumping the milk! My husband blames the hospital pumps! lol I just think it was a mixture of all of the three things together. Not the pump for me, stress, and not enough skin to skin.

Again though if I had to buy a new pump I may try the ameda as I really like their parts.

Go to Top of Page

Montrose Girl

1360 Posts

Laurie
Montrose CO
1360 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2011 :  10:43:28 AM  Show Profile
the hospital pumps here are medela and there are a variety of cup sizes, which has been an adventure to find one that was comfortable. I am taking fenugreek now and have had a bit better luck, but still hoping to really do good once we get home which should be tomorrow!!!! yipee!! I think whenever you have to deal with NICU your stress level increases. Here's to going home.

Shelly, I posted an update on page 6.

Laurie

Go to Top of Page

buggysmum
True Blue Farmgirl

110 Posts

Shelly

110 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2011 :  4:45:41 PM  Show Profile
Sorry, Laurie, I don't know how I missed your post!
First of all, congratulations on your sweet baby boy. I was stunned to read about all the trauma and stress you have been through this week and I am praying for your baby's good health. Please keep us posted on how you all are doing when you are able.
Sending hugs.
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13617 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13617 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2011 :  4:59:14 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Oh Laurie, I'm sorry for all the stress and unforseen things. But I'm sooooooooooo glad things are on the upswing. I have been wondering about you, baby and family.
I'll be praying for Wyatt and for you!!!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

through my lens - http://ceejayscamera.shutterfly.com/

from my Hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Rain K
Farmgirl in Training

14 Posts

Rain
Paonia CO
14 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2011 :  10:18:10 PM  Show Profile
Laurie,
Congratulations on the arrival of Wyatt (finally!), and the news that tomorrow will be a homecoming for your family. My heartfelt compassion for all you have been through...I have helped with many, many births over 30 years and honestly I believe that Wyatt will recover and develop just fine. Thank God you had doctors that knew to respond appropriately to safeguard the health of you both. Don't worry about the epidural, or the C-section...there are easy ways to recover for you and the baby, just given some time and rest. I agree with all the advice to keep pumping even without a lot of milk production as being at home will likely bring on the flow, especially when you feel less uncomfortable and stressed. It is truly a blessing that your Mom and niece are local to help you with the details of life with a newborn! Many blessings and profound respect for your courage in the face of a hard road to bring your little one into the world.
Much love,
Rain

Farmgirl #3381
The Ninth Wave
Earth Meat farms
Go to Top of Page

coaloha
True Blue Farmgirl

502 Posts

Pam

USA
502 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2011 :  05:28:48 AM  Show Profile  Send coaloha an AOL message
Laurie,

Congratulations on your beautiful new son! What a joy to hear that your baby has arrived. I hear that your birth experience was intense and full of the unexpected. That can be hard to deal with. Please take things one day at a time, rest as much as you can, and enjoy your sweet baby.

Sending love and prayers.

Pam Barnes-Palty
Phoenix, AZ
Farmgirl #1075
Happy member of the Southwest Henhouse

Be distracted by joy
Go to Top of Page

Penny Wise
True Blue Farmgirl

1903 Posts

Margo
Elyria OH
USA
1903 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2011 :  06:19:21 AM  Show Profile
laurie i am so glad to read that wyatt is here and improving daily! today should be your going home day and it will be wonderful tiring and awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!! take care of you and enjoy every moment with wyatt ...prayers continue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Farmgirl # 2139
proud member of the Farmgirls of the Southwest Henhouse
~*~ counting my pennies and biding my time; my dreams are adding up!~*~
Go to Top of Page

Montrose Girl

1360 Posts

Laurie
Montrose CO
1360 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2011 :  09:52:53 AM  Show Profile
Thanks all for your well wishes. It has been one heck of an experience. Being home is so great and yes, my milk flow is improving. Wyatt is acting like a normal baby, crying and all, and I am figuring out each little cue. Hubby has been great and I came home to lunch all ready. He's been checking on us a lot as he tries to harvest today and bought walkie talkies so I can reach him when he's down in the orchard.

I really appreciate all the words of advice and support through these pages and this whole pregnancy. I'm still learning, but you have all been wonderful.

Laurie

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Family Matters: Previous Topic Being pregnant - Arrival update Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page