Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Family Matters
 Being pregnant - Arrival update
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Family Matters: Previous Topic Being pregnant - Arrival update Next Topic
Page: of 5

Montrose Girl
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm

1360 Posts

Laurie
Montrose CO
1360 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2011 :  07:55:21 AM  Show Profile
The twitches - did/does anyone else get these. I've had restless leg syndrome on and off most of my adult life, but lately the spasms have spread to my entire body. Thank goodness hubby is a heavy sleeper and we have a bed in the other room when I get too bad, but the last few nights have been miserable. I tried more exercise - made it worse. Less, didn't help either. Even my good old standby by when I just had plain old RLS isn't working. Any ideas?

Laurie

http://www.inntheorchardbnb.com/
Go to Top of Page

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2011 :  1:48:04 PM  Show Profile
Yes, it's cause the baby sits kind of on those back nerves that control the legs. It is really bad for me because I also have some screws in those nerves (a mess up by the dr!) and so yup! It will be better instantly after you give birth! At least it always is for me.

http://www.heathersprairie.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Montrose Girl

1360 Posts

Laurie
Montrose CO
1360 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2011 :  5:43:55 PM  Show Profile
Having RLS is nothing like this. That I could manage, but having my whole body spasm, whew. I am so ready for sept. He'll be ripe and can come early. Ha, I'm hopeful anyways. hehe

Go to Top of Page

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2011 :  7:13:03 PM  Show Profile
Yeah with DD1 it was so bad I was scared something had went wrong and I might have to deal with it for the rest of my life! Which was SCARY! I always find the last few months of pregnancy like this though. With my girls though they sat lower so it started sooner, with this one being a boy he seems to be higher up, and it just started last month. I have to make sure I am sitting at just the right angle so he isn't on my legs! I have found a chair pillow (you know the bed pillow with like arms for in bed) with another pillow in front of it and me kind of leaned back to keep my belly completely off my legs, helps some one.

Go to Top of Page

Montrose Girl

1360 Posts

Laurie
Montrose CO
1360 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2011 :  06:40:57 AM  Show Profile
My little man is low and at times I think he is in a rush to come out he's settled so far down. Glad to hear it will go away, because this lack of sleep is getting old.

Go to Top of Page

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2011 :  5:36:50 PM  Show Profile
lol Well he himself is down low, but my uterus is up higher it seems this time. Cause my uterus literally is up by my breast this time! lol Where in the past my belly was always low. lol But, yeah he is always feeling like he is about to fly out any moment too. That never happened with my girls! lol They didn't constantly kick me down low like he does! lol

Go to Top of Page

buggysmum
True Blue Farmgirl

110 Posts

Shelly

110 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2011 :  06:41:29 AM  Show Profile
How's everyone doing? Heather, you're almost in the home stretch! Laurie, when's your little guy due? Nikki, so sorry about what happened when you delivered last time...sending lots of positive thoughts that when you are ready for the next one, everything will go great. Thanks again for you positive thoughts!
Shelly
Go to Top of Page

Montrose Girl

1360 Posts

Laurie
Montrose CO
1360 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2011 :  09:43:31 AM  Show Profile
Down to the last month or so. Due date isn't until Oct 4, but they had me a week early in all the measurements etc. I'm hoping mid-Sept. My niece had two of hers real early 3-4 weeks with no issues and my doc goes on vaca end of Sept, so I keep telling him to make an appearance before then. We'll see if he listens. ha.

My belly button is still an innie though it is getting closer. I'm fascinated by the fact that it pushes out, and really want to see it pop. I have no idea why, but one of those things.

Junior is no longer down low. When he turned he has taken to pushing his butt up into the top of my belly.

Hubby has been absolutely wonderful even when I get frustrated by my lack of ability to do to much. Some days are good, others I sleep or rest most of it. Hats off to all you ladies that have multiple children and manage to take care of them and everything else while pregnant. whew.

A few new symptoms and I found my bathing suit cover to just wrap around me most days. It's been pretty hot, though I know some of you are dealing with even hotter. I've always been colder natured so being this hot is new to me.

What an adventure for both of us. Thanks Shelly for checking in.

Go to Top of Page

DeniseMGM
True Blue Farmgirl

110 Posts

Denise
WI
USA
110 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2011 :  07:16:24 AM  Show Profile
Oh, congrats that new baby is coming soon!! I love newborns, so I'm a little jealous! Except that I'm done having babies and kind of thankful that my family can now do things like skiing together (it took a while to get there).

I want to respond to RLS - for me, RLS is a sign of anemia. During pregnancy especially, I was always low in iron. I haven't read all four pages of this folder, so my apologies if I've missed something, though I just wanted to share what RLS meant for my body.

Good luck as your time gets closer!!

Denise - Farmgirl #1976

www.lionsdaughter.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

countrymommy85
True Blue Farmgirl

898 Posts

Krystle
MT
USA
898 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2011 :  05:29:37 AM  Show Profile
This is my 3rd pregnancy in 3 years and I would go along with Denise and what she said except that for me it wasn't just iron it was also a lack of calcium. This past week I was having an awful time with my legs and I was thinking what changed (besides being 29 weeks now) and then I realized after I went camping I haven't been taking my calcium supplement. Two days after taking my cal/mag/zinc supplement my legs didn't bug me last night!! I too had those hip problems and this time I haven't had as much of a problem YET but I know I will as baby grows and I get farther along into the third trimester. I couldn't believe how far my hips had spread after my first and after my 2nd it was worse but I got these things called Shrinkx Hips and they worked! I stuck with it and 6 months after having #2 I could feel my hips were back to "normal" but I did go to a chiropractor and had my hips adjusted because they were way out of alignment too so I waited to use the Shrinkx Hips until after the chiropractor. Well anyways after 8 months I was wearing my pre pregnancy clothes! Then I got pregnant with #3!!! haha shortlived success :) At least I know there is light at the end of the tunnel as far as after pregnancy goes but I'm really enjoying this pregnancy compared to the other two! I don't have any edema because I've been taking extra vitamin c and I can tell when I need to take more because my legs start to ache if I sit too long or am walking too much. I just take another pack of EmergenC and I'm good to go! Even when I drove 4 hours to go camping I didn't have a problem with edema!

I'd say this pregnancy has been awesome. Morning sickness has come back though but even despite that this is the healthiest pregnancy I've had and the best I've felt being pregnant. Yeah, I get the normal aches and pains from my center of balance being off center! haha but it's for such a short while I can't complain :) I think the baby is going to come early but I secretly hope I go late so the baby is born on 11-11-11!!! Plus with it being our 3rd kid all three numbers would match too! haha

So anyways back to my first comment, sometimes pregnancy symptoms are really bad when you are lacking a vitamin. I'm not telling anyone to go and get vitamins but for me I was low on Calcium and Magnesium plus I needed more vitamin C to help with circulation mainly because of my genetics. Since I found out what I was low on, those horrible pregnancy symptoms I had with my other two I just don't have with this one. But again, that is what helped with me it won't help everyone and everyone needs to do what they feel is best for their baby and their body :) Best of luck to all you other pregnant farmgirls :D

Mothers are those wonderful people who can get up in the morning before the smell of coffee. ~Author Unknown

http://countryrenaissance.blogspot.com
http://www.etsy.com/shop/SunflowersAndHoney
Go to Top of Page

marthajane
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

Anna
Orlando FL
USA
196 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2011 :  11:02:24 AM  Show Profile
OK heres some more 2 cents. By the way I am new to this site, I am glad to be a part of this network. And I have very much enjoyed the comments and quotes from you all. Thanks for sharing and may you all be blessed.
I wanted to say that other peoples opinions should only count as that. You more than anyone else want whats best for yourself and your family and its what you think of to do that is what should be done. I hope that makes sense. People are full of it these days, and I am afraid it will not get better real soon...there is so much information, yet alot of ignorance. I think you are all the best qualified to make the decisions yourselves and are doing a healthy thing to ASK for the advice of others, just to balance the scales.
I would agree there are way too many horror stories and not enough things said like, Being a mom is awesome!! Anyway, it must have been tough on all women who struggle, with our weaknesses to bring forth this miracle of new life...and I wish them all the best.
Definately take vitamins, and eat fruit!! Ill bet I consumed the fruits of an entire full grown cherry tree when I was pregnant...at least most of them. I got them on sale at the Food Lion. They would discount them from 4 dollars a pound, then 2 then 1 dollar. They were still really good. I ate some at every price.....thank God for fruit.
Also, I was lucky enough to have a full sized full memory foam mattress...that was so comfortable. But I spent many a restful night on the long tapestry couch in the living room, because I cannot tolerate SNORING!aaaaaaaa
Blessings on you all...May your lives be blessed..

Happiness IS being a MoM
Go to Top of Page

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2011 :  4:26:54 PM  Show Profile
I eat a lot of fruit too. And love emergenC! If you have a Trader Joe's they sometimes carry their own brand of EmergenC as well in a few more flavors and for slightly cheaper. However, last I went they were selling less and less of their own of it.

Also not saying that extra vitamins don't help, but I've just found that too every single pregnancy seems to be just a bit different.

For me the first baby I lost 10 lbs, and I was wearing prepregnancy clothing when I left the hospital! lol Babies number 2, gained a lot, never did get in my prepregnancy clothes of course I was pregnant with in three months though, pregnancy number 3 I gained more weight and I ended up just having to buy bigger clothes. This pregnancy I am losing weight again! lol So who knows what will happen, when this is over! lol haha My hips do seem to snap back in place right after giving birth though.......but boy the months of pregnancy and stretching can be painful!

Go to Top of Page

Montrose Girl

1360 Posts

Laurie
Montrose CO
1360 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2011 :  6:18:08 PM  Show Profile
Just had a doc visit today and found out my iron numbers were good. yipee. So that is not an area of concern. Calcium maybe as I don't do a lot of dairy, to hubby's chagrin, he's always trying to get me to have more, but his idea is usually ice cream, which I try to keep from. I do enriched soy and cheese and some yogart, but dairy is one of my mild intolerant foods I am supposed to spread out. As for fruit, it's daily, the advantage of living on an orchard. :) I haven't been taking vitamins as the new ones I got, the first day I threw up. Need to get some others and try to get off the sleeping pills. I hate taking them, but it had gotten too bad.

ANd I met my backup doctor today since my is scheduled for vacation on his due date. She too is measuring me a week earlier, so Heather and I are exactly the same along! I'm still hoping for mid-sept though. ha.

Laurie

Go to Top of Page

countrymommy85
True Blue Farmgirl

898 Posts

Krystle
MT
USA
898 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2011 :  10:19:20 AM  Show Profile
Oh my goodness Heather!!! I would LOVE to be wearing pre pregnancy clothes right after having a baby!!! Yes, I totally agree each pregnancy is different, I guess that's why you have to kind of play it by ear and find out what not only works for you but also what works for you "now" (as in whatever pregnancy you're on). Good point! The other two pregnancies I had were very different but my "symptoms" were pretty severe and the same and they started early on in this one and that is how I found out I needed for C and calcium.

Like what Martha said opinions are opinions and everyone needs to find out what works for them and decide what is best for them no matter what other people say :) I used to say when I was pregnant with #2 "Advice is only worth what you pay for it".

A personal note on the vitamins: I noticed that different brands have different results for me and it took a few tries before I found out I can't take store brand vitamins because they don't do anything for me. For me, personally I like Barleans Oils and I take them in the capsule because I hate the taste of oil, especially during pregnancy. I take Trace Minerals Research Cal/Mag/Zinc and of course Emergen-C. But again those are the brands that I found were the best for the money and actually I did notice a difference. But they might not have the same effect on someone else. That's why I say you need to find out what works for you, just because it works for me doesn't mean it will work for someone else.

I still can't believe Heather got back into her pre preg clothes right after #1!!! Wow!!!!

Mothers are those wonderful people who can get up in the morning before the smell of coffee. ~Author Unknown

http://countryrenaissance.blogspot.com
http://www.etsy.com/shop/SunflowersAndHoney
Go to Top of Page

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2011 :  4:01:55 PM  Show Profile
I know even my husband was looking around the ward, and was like ok, you don't even look like you had a baby, and all the other women here still look pregnant, how is that? I was like, I dunno. lol I think it's my genes. My mom said she was the same way.

I think I will be in prepregnancy clothes pretty soon after this one though. However, I will say I was also pregnant again 9 months after having my last baby too. So maybe that's why I needed to buy bigger clothes! I don't know. I am going to work hard though at losing weight after baby comes though. It's not really so much my tummy that gained with pregnancy number three, but my whole body! lol UHG. However, oddly enough people are saying I am looking slimmer, and I am losing weight, but I'm not really working on losing weight during pregnancy. I'm just trying to eat correctly again (I must say I wasn't as vigulent with pregnancy number 3 as I was with my other pregnancies on eating correct amounts, I probably was "over" eating). Any way, I want to be prepregnancy weight that I was before I ever had DD1 by next year. (which believe me, isn't unattainable, what probably is unattainable is post pregnancy weight I had with DD1, I was down 10 lbs that I had never been at that weight before in adulthood, but it was kind of hard to maintain! lol I only maintained it for 2 years. Once I gave up nursing, it was over! lol haha But, just to get back to what I was before I had her, would be happy dance! lol I need to lose about 38 lbs to get there, but since I'm 8 months preggo, maybe that means only 28 or less?).

And yes so right about opinions for sure! lol I take what I can use, and leave the rest.

Go to Top of Page

Montrose Girl

1360 Posts

Laurie
Montrose CO
1360 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2011 :  7:10:18 PM  Show Profile
I can't wait to be able to where normal clothes again. I'm trying to throw a few things in a bag for the hospital trip and am trying to remember what fit me at 6 months. I remember my niece still looking very pregnant, so am trying to go off that. But then she gained more weight than I have been. My biggest is to be able to reach things without the belly getting in the way.

Good luck heather.

Laurie

Go to Top of Page

buggysmum
True Blue Farmgirl

110 Posts

Shelly

110 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2011 :  09:16:26 AM  Show Profile
The funniest thing was me thinking I could get into a regular, although very loose, prepregnancy dress for the ride home from the hospital!!! Well, that didn't work, so I put on the clothes I arrived at the hospital in for the ride home!
Go to Top of Page

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2011 :  12:20:33 PM  Show Profile
lol Shelly.

Laurie, I would take some full term clothes with you too. MOST the women I seen looked almost the same going in as coming out. And even if you do snap back, your tummy area is still funky/weird/sometimes painful feeling. And you don't really want anything too tight on that area (at least I don't) for a little while. I usually live in velour or stretchy type pants for a few weeks, as it just feels sensitive in that area for a bit. At least for me. Last time I packed a velour sweat suit and really happy I did. It didn't look bummy but was comfy to go home in.

Go to Top of Page

Montrose Girl

1360 Posts

Laurie
Montrose CO
1360 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2011 :  5:48:24 PM  Show Profile
thanks Heather.

Go to Top of Page

Montrose Girl

1360 Posts

Laurie
Montrose CO
1360 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2011 :  07:23:08 AM  Show Profile
The days are counting down, at least I am somewhat counting them down, though who knows when junior will appear. My belly button is still an innie, though very tight. Still fascinated by them popping out. He still has not dropped and loves to fold his knees and feet into my chest and moving has become difficult at best. The doctor says he hasn't gotten too big and she was worried because I am now measuring two weeks ahead of schedule.

Won't hurt my feelings if he comes then, other than having to call some guests that booked a room at the end of the month to let them know we will be closing for a bit. I did warn them when they booked. That's the hard part about having a B&B too. Don't want the guests to have to hear a newborn.

Hubby has been saying all along it would get harder and though I heard him, I never quit understood until know. I guess you really don't until you go through it. He still tells me to slow down, though I find that very hard with everything to do and the garden coming on so much, but it means a lot.

On another note, I never really had cravings. Once or twice for a day, but that was it. My niece loves to tell me stories of hers. What about others? Did you have cravings that persisted through your pregnancy or were they one time deals? Please share.

Laurie

Go to Top of Page

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2011 :  08:24:38 AM  Show Profile
Only my first and third pregnancy did I have much cravings, and then this one, only at the beginning. Each pregnancy was for something difference. First-lamb! lol third black beans, especially spicey! lol This time was hummus. Also each time soda, and I don't even like soda otherwise!

As for getting around, it is HARD! Any time now for me too.

Don't worry about a new born making much noise they sleep a lot, and their cries are not very loud. Wait till he's 6 months plus! Especially after one year. Those are loud! lol

Go to Top of Page

peafarm
True Blue Farmgirl

182 Posts

Penny
South Dakota
182 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2011 :  06:41:06 AM  Show Profile
I had incredibly boring pregnancies except for one thing ... they never wanted to come out. I was induced when daughter was 19 days overdue and son was 14 days overdue.

I was happy to be one of those that didn't show much and was a highlight watching my lamaze class buddies' mouths drop as we introduced ourselves and our due date. Of course, they got their paybacks, when they all had their babies and I was still waiting.

I've noticed that I get the look today when I talk about my natural childbirth (20 years earlier). I was surprised that childbirth classes are really treated as not necessary but then they are all planning epidurals. That makes me kind of sad as I truly did appreciate the entire labor and delivery experience.

I had planned on doing the cloth diaper thing. But had forgotten one thing. I really despise doing laundry. I switched in a hurry.

Penny
www.444Farm.com
Go to Top of Page

Montrose Girl

1360 Posts

Laurie
Montrose CO
1360 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2011 :  2:51:09 PM  Show Profile
Penny, that's too funny.Luckily I don't mind laundry. Dishes on the other hand...

Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13617 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13617 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2011 :  3:32:55 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
It's been a very LONG time . . my oldest (daughter)will turn 40 in a couple weeks. She was STUBBORN! A month overdue, weighed 9 pounds and was called the "lady wrestler" by the doctor who delivered her.
My second and last (son, who will be 38 in December) was 2 weeks early, weighed 7 lbs. and I almost had him at home because I didn't believe I was actually in labor and almost sent my hubby to work in our only car. He had the sense to make me call the doctor . . raced to hospital, no time for prep!
Ya' never know!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

From my Hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com

Edited by - ceejay48 on Sep 13 2011 3:35:32 PM
Go to Top of Page

marthajane
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

Anna
Orlando FL
USA
196 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2011 :  9:12:01 PM  Show Profile
Thats funny CeeJay, when my son was born he was kicking and punching, like wiggling trying to get out! He was ready to be born!
Kind of like he thought he had to swim out!

Happiness IS being a MoM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Family Matters: Previous Topic Being pregnant - Arrival update Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page