Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Family Matters
 Being pregnant - Arrival update
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Family Matters: Previous Topic Being pregnant - Arrival update Next Topic
Page: of 5

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2011 :  09:29:21 AM  Show Profile
People may think this is funny but I've spent the last 5 years sitting int he back seat so I can be with the kids back there. Our first car was going to be too small when we added another kid to the mix, so literally I was sitting in all the backseats of all the cars/trucks we considered, and would say yea or nay depending on the comfort of the backseat! lol Finally found I love the ford expedition (older version I don't think I liked the newer one as well) the back seat even reclines. Since my husband and I are the only adults, I put the front seat ALL the way to the front (no one could really sit there! haha) and that gives me a lot of leg room, and nice comfy back seat to sit in.

http://www.heathersprairie.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Heartbroken farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

604 Posts

Annette
rio vista Ca
USA
604 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2011 :  12:31:35 PM  Show Profile  Send Heartbroken farmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Heather, when my first was born, I did the same. As my family grew, I had to buy bigger cars too. I drive an 02 Expedition. With myself, my DH, my four little ones, and an honorary 13 year old son, I only have one empty seat. It's the passenger middle row seat, and I just leave it folded up now for back row access. But until the car filled up, I sat in back too, when I wasn't driving. I don't think your crazy at all, lol!

The tears I shed then, watered the flowers I harvest now.

www.broken908.blogspot.com
http://forums.familyfriendpoems.com/broken908

"The aim of education is the knowledge not of facts but of values."-Dean William Ralph Inge
Go to Top of Page

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2011 :  11:12:32 PM  Show Profile
yeah I found it easier to give them what they want that way too! I think ours may be a 02 as well. But, not positive. ;o)

Go to Top of Page

buggysmum
True Blue Farmgirl

110 Posts

Shelly

110 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2011 :  02:46:08 AM  Show Profile
Nah, you're not geriatric OR ancient, Laurie...in previous generations, women had babies WELL into their forties and nobody made the big fuss about it that they do now. It was considered normal and natural! With all this modern-day "medical wisdom" also comes a lot of unnecessary fear-mongering and "name-calling" (when I had DD at 33 my OB put AMA on my chart!).
Shelly

Edited by - buggysmum on Jun 28 2011 02:47:14 AM
Go to Top of Page

Montrose Girl
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm

1360 Posts

Laurie
Montrose CO
1360 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2011 :  06:49:01 AM  Show Profile
Yup, overly worried for sure.

So far my belly button has not "popped". I find that whole process fascinating and have watched as my innie has opened up so I can see to the back of it.

http://www.inntheorchardbnb.com/
Go to Top of Page

Heartbroken farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

604 Posts

Annette
rio vista Ca
USA
604 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2011 :  10:26:53 AM  Show Profile  Send Heartbroken farmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Lol! I've always called my belly button my "turkey thermometer". It's an innie, then its very shallow, then it almost disappears and is flat, and at the very end, out it pops! Turkey's done. My belly button is pierced, and by the second month, I take it out.

"The aim of education is the knowledge not of facts but of values."-Dean William Ralph Inge
Go to Top of Page

Montrose Girl

1360 Posts

Laurie
Montrose CO
1360 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2011 :  10:40:33 AM  Show Profile
I still have my innie and am not sure if it will pop, so one day at a time. Yesterday Junior was doing summersaults. Wow. It is very different feeling the movement with your hand on someone's stomach compared to having your insides doing tricks.

Annette, I loved that thought of the turkey. HA!

Go to Top of Page

CMac
True Blue Farmgirl

1074 Posts

Connie
Ashland City TN
USA
1074 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2011 :  10:53:15 AM  Show Profile
Oh you ladies are making me nostalgic. I am a long way from my last pregnancy! But I so enjoy reading about yours. You all are so positive and joyful it makes me happy. I loved being pregnant and your stories are reminding me of all the little things I had not thought of in years.
Wishing you happy and healthy pregnancies and babies!
Connie

"I have three chairs in my house: one for solitude, two for friendship, three for company."
Author: Henry David Thoreau
Go to Top of Page

LuckyMommyof5
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Suzanne
OH
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2011 :  6:22:20 PM  Show Profile
Congrats on expecting! I have 4 little ones - the youngest just turned a year old yesterday - and carrying each one was a miracle and a blessing. Enjoy your pregnant time - it is such a special gift.

Farmgirl Sister #3243

"The real things haven't changed. It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures; and have courage when things go wrong." - Laura Ingalls Wilder
Go to Top of Page

Montrose Girl

1360 Posts

Laurie
Montrose CO
1360 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2011 :  07:26:48 AM  Show Profile
Ok ladies, how are you dealing with comfort and sleep? I tried the whole pillow between the knees thing and it just doesn't work. My side is tired of being laid on as I was always a belly sleeper before and no am relegated to my right side only, my left has never been comfy, though I do manage a little time on it each night.

Laurie

Go to Top of Page

hawkin_farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

63 Posts

Micah
Austin Texas
USA
63 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2011 :  10:32:21 AM  Show Profile  Send hawkin_farmgirl an AOL message  Send hawkin_farmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Laurie, I'm 33 weeks now and I feel your sleeping pain! If I don't have insomnia (which has started happening to me at least 4 night a week), I can't get comfortable! I start on my right side, with a pillow between my legs and one kinda under my back, but my right hip always starts to hurt before the night is out.

Lately, I've been sleeping pretty much sitting up at a 45 degree angle. I'll pile pillows behind my back and neck and put one between my legs. Its the only way I can sleep without my hips killing me. Not to mention, it helps with the heartburn!

I'm so ready for August to get here... I really think the lack of sleep isn't going to bother me, as long as I can get comfortable again!

*Micah*
Farmgirl Sister #1478
Go to Top of Page

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2011 :  9:56:57 PM  Show Profile
Yeah the hip thing is awful for me too. I'm very small and petite (let's put it this way I'm 4'8 and wear a size 4 shoe and ring), the hip spreading is UHG! Agony! The last pregnancy I was in such agony with my hips and one day I looked at myself in the mirror naked as I was getting out of the tub (just glanced over and seen myself for a second!) and noticed one of my hips was a good 6 inches higher then the other! No the dang wander I was in such pain! I was in shock that one could go that much higher then the other. It was that way for MONTHS! This time I have had some hip pain but not like the last. My mom's a dr and when I showed her my hips after I noticed it, she said maybe I shouldn't have any more children that couldn't be good for my back, and that was really really bad. But, like I said doesn't seem to be doing that this time Thank God!

Edited by - MagnoliaWhisper on Jul 14 2011 9:59:07 PM
Go to Top of Page

Heartbroken farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

604 Posts

Annette
rio vista Ca
USA
604 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2011 :  08:14:58 AM  Show Profile  Send Heartbroken farmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Ouch Heather!! Yes, hip pain is bad, especially when you're laying down trying to sleep.

Go to Top of Page

Montrose Girl

1360 Posts

Laurie
Montrose CO
1360 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2011 :  08:24:08 AM  Show Profile
The doctor has offered up sleepign pills, but I am still staying away from them. Usually between midnight and 1 I can get to sleep, though I still rotate during the night and may have to go potty, but hubby gets up just after 5, so my sleep is very interrupted and that is if he isn't snoring. I may try the 45 degree. I have noticed that helps some, but the twitches come worse when I'm sitting up.

My chiropractor did recommend icing down my hips before I go to bed at least. I'm not always good about remembering. He called it bursitis and did not seem surprised. Another thing I need to add to hubby's help me remember list.

Good luck ladies

Go to Top of Page

LuckyMommyof5
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Suzanne
OH
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2011 :  04:47:12 AM  Show Profile
It's so wonderful that so many Farmgirls are expecting! What a blessing! Laurie, this is your first, right? So exciting! I was wondering what # baby this was for all the expecting mamas here? I love to hear everyone's stories!

Farmgirl Sister #3243

"The real things haven't changed. It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures; and have courage when things go wrong." - Laura Ingalls Wilder
Go to Top of Page

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2011 :  09:20:18 AM  Show Profile
Number five for me......we lost twins two years ago.

Go to Top of Page

LuckyMommyof5
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Suzanne
OH
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2011 :  9:30:14 PM  Show Profile
Heather,
I am so, so sorry for your loss. And so overjoyed for you that you are expecting again. It takes strength, courage, faith, love and hope to carry a child after you have experienced that loss. I know from personal experience. I send you hugs!

Farmgirl Sister #3243

Go to Top of Page

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2011 :  9:45:33 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Suzanne. That means a lot to me! ;o)

Go to Top of Page

KatTylee
True Blue Farmgirl

230 Posts

Katrina
Mitchell Nebraska
USA
230 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2011 :  10:36:47 AM  Show Profile
You ladies remind how much fun I didn't have being pregnant. My DD is 6 months and my DS is 3. I did not enjoy being pregnant. All the cramps, nausea, funny tasting food, heartburn from H.E. double hockey sticks, hip pain, and crazy mood swings were just not fun for me. Granted I would rather all that than losing one. My heart goes out to those of you who have. I can't even imagine. Takes some major courage to get back on that horse.

As far as diapering goes: Do whatever works. My son was mostly disposable with cloth just in case we ran out of diapers at midnight. Now my daughter is almost all cloth. It is soooo much cheaper than disposables and we are finding with the two kiddos cheaper works for us. I've had people look at me funny when they saw me breast feed my son but still have formula on hand for him. (I had to supplement with him because I just couldn't keep up with his needs). Now with my daughter I can't feed formula. She throws up for the next 24 hours if I do. Amazing the difference in two kids.

Enjoy the kiddos once they get here. And enjoy the peace and quiet before they arrive. Each thing is equally precious in completely different ways. I sure enjoyed my time without kids and I'm enjoying having kids even more.

~"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."
— Oscar Wilde~
Go to Top of Page

Montrose Girl

1360 Posts

Laurie
Montrose CO
1360 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2011 :  2:52:10 PM  Show Profile
Yup, this is my first. Having my belly constantly moving is very disconcerting. He's taken to cramming onto the right side so my stomach is lopsided and I mean LOPSIDED!!!! It's definitely been an experience and not one I think I'd want to go through again even if hubby and I hadn't already decided at our age one is plenty. I pretty much knew from the beginning and this has been a long process. Watching younger parents with kids running around and listening to my niece's horror stories makes me nervous enough. Heading home and no more travel for me now (not that I'm complaining after months in hotels the past 6 years). Work has plenty for me to stay in and the boss has been really good about accepting the help I can give.

I did discover that if I overdo it and go to bed with a sore belly sleep is harder. Rubbing it down, resting before and not eating too much has helped my sleep even though I get up to use the bathroom. Now if I could solve the snoring issue. :)

Go to Top of Page

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2011 :  4:25:10 PM  Show Profile
I was scared my first time too cause of the horror stories especially my niece's...she was laid up a looong time after birth. I was out and about shopping three days later! lol haha I had natural birth the first two times, and a emergency C section the third time. The first and third time I was scared out of my wits! However, I really felt no pain with natural birth and had no pain medication either. The C section was painful but not horrible. I just want to say if you do end up "having" to have a C section get up and move ASAP. My DD was in NICU, they literally had me in the room furthest from NICU that you could possibly get! And they had her in the room furthest from the front of NICU that you could get. By the time I reached her in NICU it was equivalent to walking about 2 to 3 blocks! I started walking the night of the C-section using the wheel chair as a "walker", and would sit down on my way as needed, and for sure sit the whole time I was in NICU with her. I also went EVERY feeding except for one over night one, where I would try to catch up on sleep. So I was walking at least 8 times daily to go see her, all that way. By the second day I was able to walk with out the help of the wheel chair and didn't really have much problems. The only real pain was coughing or such. But, no real pain of getting up and down and such as long as I took my tylenol on time. Any way...I noticed I was basically pain free by day three, while the other mom's with C-sections were still making groaning sounds, and the like getting in and out of the wheel chairs they had the nurses/husbands wheel them to NICU in-also to note these women were 10 to 15 years younger then me! My dr had warned me the faster I was up and walking the faster I would feel better. Personally as fast as I pushed myself even the nurses were a little concerned and would say do you really want to be walking all that way, we will push you. And I would say no, I have a 3 year old at home, I have to be at my top of the game by the time I am released with this baby and have to take care of her and my 3 year old by myself at home! So no thank you I will walk. I am so glad I did. Cause like I said the other women I kept seeing day after day were still in a LOT of pain and I felt fine! By day 4 I was at the store shopping fine! My niece 11 years younger then me was laid up for 2 months after her c section!

Edited by - MagnoliaWhisper on Jul 22 2011 4:27:50 PM
Go to Top of Page

Montrose Girl

1360 Posts

Laurie
Montrose CO
1360 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2011 :  09:27:19 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Heather for that. I'm hoping for a natural birth,but good to know about the other too.

Laurie

Go to Top of Page

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2011 :  2:02:18 PM  Show Profile
Natural birth is much easier, at least I think. I really had no problems with it. I was so scared about it. But, really it wasn't anything to be scared about, I found out. ;o) I hope this time to have a VBAC!

Go to Top of Page

sunshine7
Farmgirl in Training

25 Posts

nikki
Northern wyoming
USA
25 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2011 :  07:52:06 AM  Show Profile
Hi,
I have been wanting child #2 for a while. I had my first when I was 26. I am 31 almost 32 and I feel like if I am going to have more joy in my life, let it be soon.
My pregnancy with my first had some complications. I had a natural birth and it went fantastic, but they had to induce. After I delivered my son, the cord to the placenta broke and I had a retained placenta and almost bled to death.
So after all that, my husband is scared to have more kids. It's hard on guys.
But, I was fearful of the birth and the experience. I heard all the horror stories TOO!!
My suggestion to any pregnant woman is to remember that women have been doing this for thousands of years without books, and scarey advice! Keep positive, don't be fearful and surround yourself with love, and good prayers. There is nothing to be afraid of because your body will naturally do what it is supposed to!
And the advice whether to breast feed or not and cloth diapers or not. DO what's right for you. They always will give you advice about your kids, whether your raising a baby or a 5 year old! Enjoy the experience, and its a learning experience, but you will be a fantastic MOM and that's all you have to remember.
OH, and don't forget Eat all the Peanut Butter, and Ice Cream you want NOW... have fun with it!!!~!
Go to Top of Page

buggysmum
True Blue Farmgirl

110 Posts

Shelly

110 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2011 :  01:16:26 AM  Show Profile
Nikki,
Such good advice...and something I needed to read today..."Keep positive, don't be fearful and surround yourself with love, and good prayers. There is nothing to be afraid of because your body will naturally do what it is supposed to!"
That's a great affirmation if I ever heard one!
Thank you.
Shelly
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Family Matters: Previous Topic Being pregnant - Arrival update Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page