Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Barter™
 TWO GLADYS TABER COOKBOOKS
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic TWO GLADYS TABER COOKBOOKS Next Topic  

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2006 :  11:40:37 AM  Show Profile
I have two Gladys Tabor cookbboks for trade. One is called "what cooks at stillmeadow" COPYRIGHT 1958. THE OTHER IS "MY OWN COOKBOOK" from stillmeadow and cape cod, copyright 1972.
NANCY JO

Aunt George
True Blue Farmgirl

1476 Posts

Georgann
Midlothian VA
1476 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2006 :  12:06:17 PM  Show Profile
OK Nancy Jo, What cha want and/or What cha collect? I LOVE old cookbooks....one thing I do collect!! That 1958 one is the same age as me......hhmmmmmm???????
Georgann

http://auntgeorgeshouse.blogspot.com/
Thanks for checking out my apron musings!
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2006 :  12:24:30 PM  Show Profile
Well there you are aunt george!! I have been missing you, but you are out there being our very own Florance Nightingale, I wonder how you really spell that? Anyway I will get them off in the mail for you, and you trade me any ole thing you want, surprise me.
NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page

Aunt George
True Blue Farmgirl

1476 Posts

Georgann
Midlothian VA
1476 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2006 :  1:27:21 PM  Show Profile
OOooooooo Nancy Jo, You don't have to send both of them!! Oh, my, I'm going to have to find something really special and significant for you my dear friend! Yes, I have been soooooooo swamped this past week. Getting the doggies worked out of me. The hospital is such hard, hard work, I come home exhausted and crash about 7pm. This old woman is just not used to running those long hard halls anymore. I'll build up to it eventually. I'm going to have to start walking just to build my endurance.

I can hardly wait to see the cookbooks. I use my old cookbooks. Love to cook out of them! I love the fact that you took your apron to your elderly auntie's house. I hope she visits us here at MJF's!!

Thank you and I will be putting something really special together for you!
Georgann

Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2006 :  2:57:25 PM  Show Profile
HELLO AUNT GEORGE!!!! YOU ALREADY DO WALK, LIKE ALL DAY!! I was a waitress for 32 years, came home took care of the house 3 kids, Richard who works harder then I EVER DID AND NO FUTHER WALKING REQUIRED!! And that means you. What your body is saying, is for heavens sakes will you sit still for a minute, not walk more. You will build up steam with rest and just getting used to being back to work.
Now back to barter land, I will send your books out this week. and you go sew, play with the kids or read a book.
NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page

Aunt George
True Blue Farmgirl

1476 Posts

Georgann
Midlothian VA
1476 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2006 :  6:53:53 PM  Show Profile
Nancy Jo!
The cookbooks came today! They are fabulous!!! The girls and I have already made a small cake out of one of them. It is actually my grandmother's Wacky Cake recipe that I have been searching for for years. I had it a few years ago, then lost it again....so thank you soooooo much. The other is for Dilly Bread. Two all time favorite family recipes.

Now, I am very slow to get to the post office, but here is what I would like to do for you, your choice:
1.) Hand made gorgeous Christmas apron...your choice of colors/patterns....full blown ruffles either short or long. here is a link to what I am talking about: http://store.sewingtoday.com/cgi-bin/butterick/shop.cgi?search=apron&TI=10001&M=&pageSize=9
(if that link doesn't work, then go to www.butterick.com and click on shopping then do a search for aprons...there are three patterns...I have all of the patterns...a retro 50's with ruffles, a retro 1890's and a retro 40's)

2.) A gorgeous hand painted teapot with thrown roses on the pot and lid with a machine quilted wrap around tea cozie, made by me. The tea pot is vintage from the 50's.

3.) Vintage caftan made out of scrumptious cotton batik or an oriental satiny fabric and a coordinating lavender eye compress....newly made by me....I have a wonderful old 60's caftan pattern that I can mini down to your size easily. Strictly something for weekend wear when you don't want to go out of the house! LOL

Let me know if any of those three choices sound good in exchange! Of course I already have a few other goodies ready to go in with your choice of the above!

I really do need to walk more to build my stamina and loose some of this excess weight!! You are so sweet to care that I get more rest. I really do wish I was at home all of the time, but on the other hand, I do enjoy working too. Just wish it wasn't such heavy work anymore! Say my mom was a waitress for a while, so I know you know how to move fast and work hard!!

Hugs and lots of love,
Georgann

Edited by - Aunt George on Jul 24 2006 6:58:45 PM
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2006 :  9:12:18 PM  Show Profile
Aunt George,
It seems you have mistaken the two cookbooks I sent you for a diamond Terra, or the wackey cake you made got to you. Those choices you have given me are way to much. Just find some ole thing around the house and stick it in the mail and surprise me. Just don't get mixed up and send me the cookbooks back. Maybe you should stay away from the wackey cake or you won't have anything in the house left.
my goodness!!
HUGS NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page
  *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic TWO GLADYS TABER COOKBOOKS Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page