Okie Farm Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

1674 Posts

Mary Beth
McLoud Oklahoma
USA
1674 Posts

Posted - May 26 2011 :  12:29:27 PM  Show Profile
There were quite a number of you who were so kind to encourage me about my "root canal" introduction and who wished me well. Thank you so much.

I decided that I would share that adventure at the blog. If you are wanting to know how truly pathetic I am, you'll get a chuckle. :-) Oh, and I didn't have to have a root canal after all!! Yayy.

Mary Beth

www.OklahomaPastryCloth.com
www.Oklahomapastrycloth.com/blog
The Sovereign Lord is my strength - Habakkuk 3:19

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - May 26 2011 :  1:23:22 PM  Show Profile
LOL! Oh, Mary Beth! You're too funny! And boy did the braces story bring back memories! LOL! I was fortunate enough to get my first pair of eyeglasses at the same time my braces were installed... It was back when silver metal glasses were the rage... Yeah...I looked like a very complicated, shiny - and life-threatening - wiring job when all was said and done. And I remember rubber bands flying out of my mouth just about every time I opened it! LOL! Needless to say, it was a quiet few years in our household... Eghads... And somehow, I managed to get in a date or two! LOL!

I've been avoiding the dentist, too. 'Just asked the kids today where their families go (my son sees a pediatric dentist, but he's ready to switch, too - not cool to be 6'1" in a children's dentist chair!). You've inspired me - I'm just going to hunker down and make the call. I just pray the picture of your hiccuping doesn't come to mind when they're poking around, though! LOL! ('Sorry... but you have to admit, that was a little bit funny!) Kudos to you for your bravery and for trying!

Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

www.papercraftingwithnini.myctmh.com

Go to Top of Page

Okie Farm Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

1674 Posts

Mary Beth
McLoud Oklahoma
USA
1674 Posts

Posted - May 26 2011 :  1:30:43 PM  Show Profile
Oh Nini!! Glasses AND braces. What are parents thinking when they subject their children to such horrors?! :-) I love your description of the complicated metal wiring. How did we EVER survive our teenagership?

If you look under "gentle dentistry" or "sedation dentistry" you'll find this same type of doctor. I'm sold...and I'm a persnickity old broad. :-)

Mary Beth

Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - May 27 2011 :  06:07:31 AM  Show Profile
Mary Beth and Nini,
You two brought back memories that I had tried to bury! I had the same experience...baby teeth removed and braces pounded on. Thank goodness that dentistry has come out of the dark ages. To make matters worse, I had an accident when I was in third grade that smashed out my two front teeth. In the dark ages they put stainless steel crowns on. I was known as "can opener" from 3rd to 8th grade! Children can be so cruel. Then came the porcelain crowns and the braces. I found out that the people that had the old style pound on braces will probably have some tooth loss later in life due to the pounding creating small hairline cracks in the enamel. Neeless to say my teeth started breaking off in my late 30's. It does really help to find a good dentist. Mary Beth, your description is hilarious!

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

Happy to be a "Raggedy Ann" in a Barbie World!

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

Okie Farm Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

1674 Posts

Mary Beth
McLoud Oklahoma
USA
1674 Posts

Posted - May 27 2011 :  06:33:22 AM  Show Profile
Diane, well THAT explains EVERYTHING. Believe it or not, I have hairline fractures in a couple of other teeth. Wow. I think that I can pretty well predict an expensive future!! Glad you enjoyed the post. I really had fun writing it because I could delve into the past and psychologically deal with the resentments that I have obviously been carrying most of my life. (not really - it just sounds good!!) :-)

Mary Beth

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic A Thank You and A Laugh Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page