PicketFence
Farmgirl in Training

13 Posts

Arline
Walla Walla Washington
USA
13 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2011 :  07:33:46 AM  Show Profile
OHHhhh!!! I just LOVE this place! Finally, I don't feel like a weirdo!

I'm in transition with my "fashion". What has been normal (jeans and a tee) is still good, but I've added the Danskos (LOVE them! I have happy feet for the first time in years!) Aprons are becoming a constant and skirts with bloomers and/or poking-out petticoats are my future. I'll keep the jeans and tees... I just want a little more "ME!" thrown into the mix.

And long hair! Oh yes! That one will take a while but I'm going there.
Go to Top of Page

TabithaLenox
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Kim
Gettysburg PA
USA
605 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2011 :  08:19:39 AM  Show Profile
Hi Arline, love your style, it sounds like so much fun! Do you make your bloomers or buy them?

Kim
Farmgirl #184

http://www.tabithalenox.blogspot.com

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning."

-Catherine Aird
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2011 :  7:29:19 PM  Show Profile
Ohhh how fun... I would say I have several styles depending on my mood. What I wear most is like Evageline Lilly from Lost, because I'm working outside.
http://www.zimbio.com/Evangeline+Lilly/articles/62/Evangeline+Lilly+Will+Put+Acting+Career+Hold

My other style is more feminine. Skirts, sandals, or barefoot. Long flowing hair.

Always my garden hat.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bushel n Peck
True Blue Farmgirl

251 Posts

Tracy
Truly MT
USA
251 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2011 :  7:49:28 PM  Show Profile
My style can be called bohemian hobbit!

Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at the testing point.
C. S. Lewis

Go to Top of Page

emtfarmer
True Blue Farmgirl

222 Posts

Darlene
North Carolina
USA
222 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2011 :  8:48:27 PM  Show Profile
Bohemian hobbit. . .hmmm. . .I'm picturing Frodo in tie-dye and dreadlocks!

Pictures would be great but I think I like your style!

I love hearing about individual styles---I'm still working on developing my own.

Darlene

"Support your local fire departments and rescue squads...volunteers making a difference"
Go to Top of Page

Bushel n Peck
True Blue Farmgirl

251 Posts

Tracy
Truly MT
USA
251 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2011 :  3:15:58 PM  Show Profile
No tie dye and dreadlocks, instead I have a pixie short hair-do! I like to wear long skirts and tunics with any kind of ethnic embroidery,( I especially love floral embroidery) sometimes scarves, chandelier earrings, and other glass beaded jewelry.
Absolutely comfy shoes or sandals. I'd go barefoot more, but I have to protect my feet because of diabetes.
Aprons when I am at home, or when I forget to take them off to go to town. I mix and match colors or patterns according to my daily whims. Today I am wearing a blue skirt, chartruse t-shirt and a coral and blue gypsy scarf. My wardrobe is mostly earthy colors with bright accents. Everything comes from Goodwill!
Comfy, loose for gardening and house work, or hiking to Mt. Doom!

Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at the testing point.
C. S. Lewis

Edited by - Bushel n Peck on Jul 23 2011 3:20:15 PM
Go to Top of Page

emtfarmer
True Blue Farmgirl

222 Posts

Darlene
North Carolina
USA
222 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2011 :  6:12:27 PM  Show Profile
I can picture it and htat style is what I like. But like I said in my original post, being overweight is what is preventing me from "being me". I love the comfortable style, love color, and love artisan jewelry---I don't want to wear what everyone else does just because it is the latest fad.

I know, I know. . . I shouldn't think so much about my weight and just do it. I'm just not at that point, yet.

Thank you for sharing!! I enjoy reading all the posts.

Hugs,
Darlene

"Support your local fire departments and rescue squads...volunteers making a difference"
Go to Top of Page

Bushel n Peck
True Blue Farmgirl

251 Posts

Tracy
Truly MT
USA
251 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2011 :  9:19:04 PM  Show Profile
I'm a large gal too, size 22-24.
If the fabric color pleases you and the texture is yummy, go ahead and wear it. Would building your style one piece at a time help? I find that when I am comfortable, that is not squeezed into something too confining, and wearing a color that pleases me, or a unique piece of jewelry, I feel more confident, especially in clothes that are modest and feminine. The best thing to wear is a big smile, that kind that makes your eyes twinkle! Smile at everyone, especially elderly folk and children!
Here's a hug from Montana...now go smile at someone!

C. S. Lewis

Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2011 :  11:31:45 PM  Show Profile
YESS I do have my own style. I used to dress the way my mother wanted me to....I mostly wore skirts, sometimes dressy slacks...jeans were almost not allowed! Mother hated jeans so..I hardly ever wore them. IF I bought a pair of jeans they HAD to be dressy.

Since mother passed...I have developed my own style...yup at 50 yrs old I started wearing jeans lol. I bought more jeans, and yes they still are kinda dressy but that is because I like them that way. I sometimes wear them sporty with a fleece cardy or a warm sweater, sometimes `romantic` with a pretty white or pale pink blouse. I still love to wear skirts when the weather is nice. In winter I sometimes wear....miniskirts with leggings, also something mother hated with a passion. I guess I am rebellious lol.

In Thailand I always buy lovely skirts, pretty slacks etc. and LOVE to wear them. They are way different than what you buy here, and everybody in my village is always anxious to see what I brought with me this time lol and they all say `That is SO you!!'

SO yes, I DO have my own style and it differs from day to day......one day romantic and feminine, the next a little sporty....REBELLIOUS as I said earlier haha.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

http://pinkprincessdecorating.blogspot.com/
Almost daily updates on me, my home and my crafts

Farmgirl sister # 2410
Go to Top of Page

emtfarmer
True Blue Farmgirl

222 Posts

Darlene
North Carolina
USA
222 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2011 :  09:58:33 AM  Show Profile
Tracy, thank you for the "feel good" post and the big Montana hug. I appreciate the uplifting words. I do have some unique jewelry and you're right, I do feel good when I wear it. I also work on my own "beohemian hobitt" style. (I just love that description!)

Marian, thank you for your post; it is also an encouragement. And I hope you are feeling better, too. I'm sending another hug, just in case.

And hugs to all!
Darlene

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Farmgirl Fashion: Previous Topic Individual Style Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page