LucyLobo511
True Blue Farmgirl

177 Posts

Mari-lyn
Capron IL
USA
177 Posts

Posted - May 25 2011 :  1:09:54 PM  Show Profile
I had to laugh the other day when I realized I wear "Farmgirl Jeans" from Tractor and Supply. They even have a hammer loop. I love the way they fit and they have in between sizes that fit real women.

Insane and Blissfully Happy
Mari-lyn

RedGateGal
True Blue Farmgirl

94 Posts

Danielle
Watertown TN
USA
94 Posts

Posted - May 31 2011 :  03:25:04 AM  Show Profile
I love Tractor Supply Company jeans. I have several pair. I also have to resist buying a new pair of boots everytime we visit!

Farmgirl Sister #2574
www.redgategal.blogspot.com

"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined." ~ Henry David Thoreau

Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - May 31 2011 :  04:23:17 AM  Show Profile
I wear Tractor Supply (Schmidt) jeans too - thought I was the only one!!

Hugs,
Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

FieldsofThyme
Farmgirl Guide & Schoolmarm / Chapter Leader

4928 Posts

USA
4928 Posts

Posted - May 31 2011 :  05:02:00 AM  Show Profile
I don't have the jeans, but I bought a sleeveless western style top, and love it. I will have to look for the jeans now.

Farmgirl #800
http://pioneerwomanatheart.blogspot.com/

http://scrapreusedandrecycledartprojects.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

LucyLobo511
True Blue Farmgirl

177 Posts

Mari-lyn
Capron IL
USA
177 Posts

Posted - May 31 2011 :  05:57:21 AM  Show Profile
HEE-HEE I totally enjoy just walking around our Tractor and Supply store of course I always find something to buy They even carry MJF magazine, plus more magazines that other stores dont have.
During the winter I found Schmidt Jean Jackets for 10 bucks. Have you checked out the Schmidt rose colored overalls I am gonna have to get me some of those in the fall.

Mari-lyn
Go to Top of Page

CMac
True Blue Farmgirl

1074 Posts

Connie
Ashland City TN
USA
1074 Posts

Posted - May 31 2011 :  06:24:41 AM  Show Profile
TSC Is where I found my first MJF magazine! I know what you mean about the boots Danielle. I always admire them when I go. ( I really mean drool over them!)
A few years ago I found christmas lights there that are red and green shotgun shells. We have had so much fun with those. I usually use them on a wreath and always get comments on it. Some folks don't "get it" but they are usually city folks. The country folk always chuckle.
The manager and staff at our TSC are wonderfully helpful and friendly too.
Did you know they can special order some clothing if they don't have your size? My sweetie is a bit of a bean pole and I'm short and thin so they have ordered for us many times.
I'd rather go to TSC than Walmart any day!
Connie

"I have three chairs in my house: one for solitude, two for friendship, three for company."
Author: Henry David Thoreau
Go to Top of Page

Candy C.
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Candy
Mescal AZ
USA
823 Posts

Posted - May 31 2011 :  09:10:25 AM  Show Profile  Send Candy C. a Yahoo! Message
How do the sizes run compared to say Wranglers? I just looked at the TSC website and there are NO stores in Arizona! I would like to order a pair online but don't want to hassle with returns because of size issues.

Candy C.
Farmgirl Sister #977
http://lazyjbarcfarm.blogspot.com/
www.calicocandy.etsy.com
http://stores.countrycents.com/StoreFront.bok?affiliate_no=6
Go confidently in the direction of your dreams.
Go to Top of Page

CMac
True Blue Farmgirl

1074 Posts

Connie
Ashland City TN
USA
1074 Posts

Posted - May 31 2011 :  09:22:45 AM  Show Profile
I don't know about the jeans sizing Candy. I know the shirts run a bit larger. I'm what I think is a small and I have to order xsmall in the things that have xsmall. I will be trying the jeans on my next trip to TSC. I ripped the side of my left leg on a nail in some old lumber this week end. ( Not my skin, just my jeans.) My best jeans are now my work jeans so I need to get some best jeans. : ) The torn jeans are now peddle pushers for not real work wear!
Connie

"I have three chairs in my house: one for solitude, two for friendship, three for company."
Go to Top of Page

LucyLobo511
True Blue Farmgirl

177 Posts

Mari-lyn
Capron IL
USA
177 Posts

Posted - May 31 2011 :  10:19:49 AM  Show Profile
For me 145lbs. 5'4" Tractor Supply Jeans size 9R sit below waist. I wear Levi 8 stretch. There is a little stretch in the Farmgirl jeans but they are more like the old fashion jeans they are a little heavier and stiffer.
They are holding up really well.
I could probley go for size 10 right now after the long winter indoors LOL. But instead I will go work it off in the garden.

Mari-lyn
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - May 31 2011 :  10:30:47 AM  Show Profile
I'm 5'5" and 180 lbs. and I wear their size 14 Schmidt jeans. They are just a little big, but the size 12 is a little too tight. OK - so I know I need to diet, but hope the sizing info helps!!!

Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

CMac
True Blue Farmgirl

1074 Posts

Connie
Ashland City TN
USA
1074 Posts

Posted - May 31 2011 :  10:59:21 AM  Show Profile
You girls are awesome. How often do you see women telling their weight and size?!? Speaks to the love and trust on this forum and the emotional well being of it's members. I love this place!
Connie

Go to Top of Page

Candy C.
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Candy
Mescal AZ
USA
823 Posts

Posted - May 31 2011 :  4:16:12 PM  Show Profile  Send Candy C. a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by CMac

You girls are awesome. How often do you see women telling their weight and size?!? Speaks to the love and trust on this forum and the emotional well being of it's members. I love this place!
Connie

Hear! Hear! Thanks girls for the info! Think I'll try the size 9! I like that they are heavier like the old fashioned jeans we used to be able to get!

Candy C.
Farmgirl Sister #977
http://lazyjbarcfarm.blogspot.com/
www.calicocandy.etsy.com
http://stores.countrycents.com/StoreFront.bok?affiliate_no=6
Go confidently in the direction of your dreams.
Go to Top of Page

traildancer
True Blue Farmgirl

485 Posts

Loyce
Glide OR
USA
485 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2011 :  10:37:38 AM  Show Profile
I love my Carhartt jeans. I have several pairs including the newer lower-rise (since I've lost weight I have to keep pulling them up), almost flared jeans. The latter jeans were quite expensive, I thought, and the fabric felt much thinner than the regular jeans, but they looked good!

Yesterday I had to make an emergency trip to the vet and wouldn't you know it, I had pulled all the trailer mats out of the trailer and hosed them off. So I had to really quick replace them, from the mud (again hosing them off), in the rain, all by myself. Whew. I swear, nothing is more unwieldy than a stall mat. Now one pair has mud and whatnot all over the lower leg. At least the horse is relatively okay. Probably a strained muscle in his stifle.

The trail is the thing.... Louis L'Amour
Go to Top of Page

countrymommy85
True Blue Farmgirl

898 Posts

Krystle
MT
USA
898 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2011 :  1:00:13 PM  Show Profile
I found my first issue of MJF at Tractor Supply too!!! I haven't tried their jeans out yet, and now that I'm pregnant again I will have to wait until after the baby! I just got a pair of flip flops from them. I love their western style shirts, perfect for wearing to the fair and other things this summer :)

Mothers are those wonderful people who can get up in the morning before the smell of coffee. ~Author Unknown

http://countryrenaissance.blogspot.com
http://www.etsy.com/shop/SunflowersAndHoney
Go to Top of Page

farmmilkmama
True Blue Farmgirl

2027 Posts

Amy
Central MN
USA
2027 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2011 :  8:04:06 PM  Show Profile
I adore Tractor Supply - but I have never tried their jeans! I think it is because everytime i'm in there, hubby just wants to get me OUT of there! Next time I can sneak in I will have to try on a pair. It would be nice to have a pair of jeans that LASTS. Thanks for the information, ladies!!

--* FarmMilkMama *--

Be yourself.
Everyone else is already taken.
-Oscar Wilde

www.farmfoodmama.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

batznthebelfry
True Blue Farmgirl

1257 Posts

Michele
Athol Ma
USA
1257 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2011 :  10:30:53 AM  Show Profile
its funny I haven't owned a pair of jeans in 20 yrs...why? cause I am so short waisted...its an inch below my breast & wide hipped (38/30/39)that womans jeans ride up in areas that make it painful to sit...lol....now my husband who used to wear a 36 jeans I would wear...big in the waist but fit the hip area fairly well & with a big old baggy sweater no one knew......but I have alwasy loved the button down jeans but they just don't feel good on me...if they would just make them a bit different I would own a closet full of them......& tractor supply is one of my all time favorites to go to & yes i too found my 1st MJ mag there....Michele'

Chickens rule!
The Old Batz Farm
Hen #2622
Go to Top of Page

BalancingAct
True Blue Farmgirl

297 Posts

Jackie
Hoosierville
USA
297 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2011 :  7:36:09 PM  Show Profile
LOVE my Carhartt winter barn coat from TSC. Riding boots, jeans, socks, hat, shirts. Horse equipment and food. Gardening. When I say I'm going to TSC, my hubby gets nervous. Forget the mall! LOL!

Farmgirl Sister #2851 -"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

LucyLobo511
True Blue Farmgirl

177 Posts

Mari-lyn
Capron IL
USA
177 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2011 :  11:06:05 AM  Show Profile
LOL Jackie
Oh my goodness!!! I was out today picking up our half a cow at the butcher and right down the road was TSC I got all excited till I remembered I had alot of fresh meat in the truck that had to get home to the freezer. We go to TSC when we are traveling on vacation.

Mari-lyn
Go to Top of Page

osagegypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

73 Posts

Marsha
Hominy OK
USA
73 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2011 :  2:07:10 PM  Show Profile
We are getting a Tractor Supply in our little town! I am so excited! The closest one was sixty miles away.

"Though she never shook the stars from their appointed courses; she loved good men and rode good horses." unk.
Go to Top of Page

CMac
True Blue Farmgirl

1074 Posts

Connie
Ashland City TN
USA
1074 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2011 :  3:58:12 PM  Show Profile
Yea for you Marsha! We go to TSC like most folks go to Wal Mart.
Connie

Go to Top of Page

Nana Shirl
True Blue Farmgirl

352 Posts

Shirley
Kit Carson Colorado
USA
352 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2011 :  2:07:35 PM  Show Profile  Send Nana Shirl a Yahoo! Message
Connie...I WOULD much rather go to a TCS than wmt...if only one was within 60miles.....do the jeans you all are talking about fit short n wide...lol just sayin I am n would love to find some that do FIT...love these forums..when I can access internet...it is very touchy where I am.....Shirl

You can't get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me. ~C.S. Lewis
Go to Top of Page

CMac
True Blue Farmgirl

1074 Posts

Connie
Ashland City TN
USA
1074 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2011 :  06:53:59 AM  Show Profile
Not sure about short and wide. They do have short!
Connie

Go to Top of Page

Lorraine Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

158 Posts

lorraine
salt point ny
USA
158 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2011 :  08:21:19 AM  Show Profile
i love tractor supply

LorraineMichelle
Farmgirl #3007

Chickens are like potato chips...
You can't have just one!
Go to Top of Page

sweettea
True Blue Farmgirl

55 Posts

Candace
St Cloud MN
USA
55 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2011 :  10:49:50 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for the tips on the jeans from Tractor Supply Company everyone! I have been having the toughest time finding jeans that fit and yet are affordable. Upon research, I have found two stores within driving distance from our home. One is in my parents hometown. Hubby and I are going to check them out. I think I just found my go-to store for jeans and shirts!

Candy
Farmgirl #3135

"There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Go to Top of Page

mountainmomma
Farmgirl in Training

42 Posts

Miriam
Jonas Pennsylvania
USA
42 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2011 :  07:43:02 AM  Show Profile  Send mountainmomma a Yahoo! Message
We are getting a Tractor Supply Company here soon! After what everyone has said, I can't wait until it opens. I want to check out the local Carhartt too.

Miriam
Go to Top of Page

sissarge
True Blue Farmgirl

502 Posts

Linda
Montgomery Texas
USA
502 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2011 :  6:33:41 PM  Show Profile
Hello all! Just wanted to share that my favorite store is also TSC, matter of fact, today got new t-shirt. it is black with pink outlined animals marching across the from and letters saying e-i-e-i-o..... I love it. and only $9.00 Happy Shopping! Farmgirl #946 Linda
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Farmgirl Fashion: Previous Topic Farmgirl Jeans Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page