forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2011 :  6:45:58 PM  Show Profile
You are such funny farmgirls! Flaming Inga has moved 3 times since the concrete excursion. She is checking out some ferns as we chat. I remember those gussied up geese! Haven't seen any lately. It made me think of making something special for Inga. I think maybe a monthly change in "fascinator" fashion would be cute. Maybe something gardeny for June. And, then the 4th Of July is coming up...this could be fun. I think I will just surprise DH! Oh, boy..time to dig through the stash.

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2011 :  12:10:23 PM  Show Profile
Judith...you crazy Gal....I like the way you think! lol I've been thinking of getting a statue of some critter to dress up....but I want something that nobody else has....something odd....like a Giraffe....and name her "Gurtie." *giggle*
We had a nice, quick shower this afternoon. My 8 "mingoes" got their bath. They're moseying along the back privacy fence, looking for bugs I 'spose. Sun's out now, so walking thru the wet grass feels good to their 'pegs'.hahaha

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

grammytammy
True Blue Farmgirl

585 Posts

Tamara
Binghamton ny
USA
585 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2011 :  04:36:01 AM  Show Profile
I have had so much fun reading this post!! I have to admit, I am not a flamingo lover... "tacky", but I guess that's the point. Decided to join the fun and got one for my daddy for father's day. He has some dementia and my DH has agreed to move it everyday when he walks their dog. Think daddy will have fun searching for it daily. I'm hoping to get a helium father's day ballon to attach to it for tomorrow morning.

FarmGirl 2495
God loved us so much He gave His only son to die in our stead.
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2011 :  08:58:05 AM  Show Profile
Tammy...you are right about "tacky" being the point...but I will admit they grow on you after awhile! I now have a pink flamingo on my Porch, along with a pink flamingo in my garden and a pink flamingo windchimes. So be careful...or "tacky" will become "adorable"...take my word for it. LOL ~ I think your Father will LOVE finding his very own wandering Flamingo everday. It sure beats another Tie or Mug for
Fathers Day!:+)

blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com
http://pegsmiles7.wordpress.com

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2011 :  11:12:53 AM  Show Profile
I agree with Peg. Flamingoes use to set my teeth on edge...just the sight of them. But since I met my Jimmy Buffet loving husband, I've learned to really enjoy their comical spirits, their bright pink color, and the comments&giggles they bring. They truely are a real "Party-Bird!" We now have, along with the 8 large "mingoes", 3 strings of "mingoe" lights for our patio, 2 "mingoe" windchimes & 3 tall yard, wire "mingoes" that each hold a votive candle. So, ya, they (GROW) on you!! lol Soooo.....
Think Pink!
Happy Flappin' Girls!

PS...those of you that still have your Daddy's...give them a (((HUG))) for me! I'm really missing mine today. It's only been 2 years since he left us, and he's terribly missed! Thanks! Love yuns!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2011 :  5:38:51 PM  Show Profile
Well, ladies...I couldn't find the flamingo anywhere around the yard or woods. Finally found her in a corner in the workshop. Must have gotten too cold for her. We'll see her next Spring I'll bet.

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

YakLady
True Blue Farmgirl

652 Posts

Natalie
Montana
USA
652 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2011 :  6:58:30 PM  Show Profile
I grew up in a ritzy gated community across the street from a world-renowned alternative medicine Doctor. Our families were close, and one day we flamingoed his entire front lawn. 12 flamingos strewn about... it was pretty epic. I'd like to have a plastic peacock or something non-pink to have as random lawn art. My DH is adverse to anything pink.

~Natalie~ Just a farmgirl in Western Montana. http://mtnme.blogspot.com
Starting a family and raising Tibetan Yaks, Nigerian Dwarf Goats, Laying hens, Muscovy ducks, and a few dogs.
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2011 :  7:13:08 PM  Show Profile
So funny! A peacock would be too cool. Can't you just imagine "peacocking" a neighbor's yard. lol. And, it would be pretty!

Go to Top of Page

YakLady
True Blue Farmgirl

652 Posts

Natalie
Montana
USA
652 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2011 :  8:03:59 PM  Show Profile
I hope I can find some plastic/metal peacocks... that would be awesome :) Maybe some different colors. I may have to make some if I can't find them :)

Glad you found your flamingo!

~Natalie~ Just a farmgirl in Western Montana. http://mtnme.blogspot.com
Starting a family and raising Tibetan Yaks, Nigerian Dwarf Goats, Laying hens, Muscovy ducks, and a few dogs.
Go to Top of Page

Melina
True Blue Farmgirl

435 Posts

Melina

USA
435 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2011 :  11:29:15 AM  Show Profile
My daughter (age 44) hates clowns, give her the willies. I've threatened to find various clown figurines and place them around her yard. Only reason I haven't is I don't think I can handle the pay-backs!

The morning breeze has secrets to tell you. Do not go back to sleep.
Rumi
Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2011 :  03:59:37 AM  Show Profile
Similar sort of thing started out years ago when friends of ours had their "flock". It inspired my dad to start his yard/garden art wimsey...most of it in good taste.

Sadly when he and my mom moved into a retirement commumity, they were bound to some pretty stupid and strict bylaws, including those for no lawn art. So what started out as a joke, has esalated into a full out tradition. My dad's office is now covered in pink flamingos----all because he can't express his lawn wimsey in public.

My next move is to find one of those light up Christmas pink flamingoes. Target carried them last year, but I was too late,so somebody keep me posted!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2011 :  09:09:27 AM  Show Profile
Anna...I haven't seen the light up pink flamingoes but our Fred Meyer Stores here are carrying a 6ft Large outdoor Flamingo with a Santa Hat on it. I was afraid to look at the price. But darn it's cute!
Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!
Go to Top of Page

coaloha
True Blue Farmgirl

502 Posts

Pam

USA
502 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2011 :  9:04:26 PM  Show Profile  Send coaloha an AOL message
I just read about your post about the wandering flamingo...Made me smile. Thanks for sharing.

Pam Barnes-Palty
Phoenix, AZ
Farmgirl #1075
Happy member of the Southwest Henhouse

Be distracted by joy
Go to Top of Page

Roe
True Blue Farmgirl

131 Posts

Rosemarie
Tavares Florida
USA
131 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2012 :  01:26:43 AM  Show Profile
Hi girls,

Just had to respond to this I just moved to Florida in January and JUST had to have my 2 pink Flamingos also got them at the dollar tree how fun.

Hugs,
Roe
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Garden Gate: Previous Topic wandering flamingo Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page