Author Garden Gate: Previous Topic Pruned Fruit Trees Next Topic  

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2012 :  3:43:28 PM  Show Profile
For the last three days, I have trimmed almost all of the fruit trees. I am working on pruning our lemon tree. There is still fruit on the tree. I have to take off the old fruit first. So far, I have filled nine bags of lemons. The good lemons are going to friends, the old one are gone in the dumpster.
Anyone else pruning fruit trees?
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross

oldbittyhen
True Blue Farmgirl

1511 Posts

tina
quartz hill ca
USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2012 :  3:46:53 PM  Show Profile
way to late here to prune fruit trees, if I did it now, wouldn't have any fruit this year. That being said, I do check the trees for dead wood, which is easier when the buds are starting to swell to see them...

"Knowlege is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad"
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2012 :  6:50:45 PM  Show Profile
You all are so brave - I have 6 fruit assorted fruit trees in desperate need of pruning and have put it off for the last 7(!) years because I'm afraid to take the plunge. I know they can't be any worse off than they are now but I'm still hesitant...

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2012 :  7:02:41 PM  Show Profile
Tina: I had enough lemons this year to last a lifetime! LOL. I did notice there were little tiny blooms on the lemon tree, but last year when I pruned it I saw the same thing.
If there are no lemons this fall, I say good, give the tree and me a break.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Roe
True Blue Farmgirl

131 Posts

Rosemarie
Tavares Florida
USA
131 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2012 :  01:13:39 AM  Show Profile
Hi girls,

Just moved to Florida and have been looking to buy a lemon tree any suggestions on what kind the one that I looked at is about 3 feet tall and has some lemons on it would that work? Would also like to do orange but not sure about all this yet?

Hugs,
Roe
Go to Top of Page
  Garden Gate: Previous Topic Pruned Fruit Trees Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page