Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 ***"For Our Four Legged Friends" Swap***
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic ***"For Our Four Legged Friends" Swap*** Next Topic
Page: of 3

Chickadoodle_KM
True Blue Farmgirl

89 Posts

Kate
Babylon Village NY
USA
89 Posts

Posted - May 19 2011 :  7:53:51 PM  Show Profile
Debbie, believe me i hug and kiss those babies as much as i can! and they are such mooshes! they literally hug and kiss my face, cry for me to hold them, and sleep in the nook under my chin!!! i love them to death already and i'll only have had them 3weeks this saturday!

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."-Eleanor Roosevelt

Edited by - Chickadoodle_KM on May 19 2011 7:55:39 PM
Go to Top of Page

batznthebelfry
True Blue Farmgirl

1257 Posts

Michele
Athol Ma
USA
1257 Posts

Posted - May 20 2011 :  01:44:29 AM  Show Profile
oh yes I will join but what in the world would we swap with chickens...lol....anyone have any ideas on that?
I just found a small dog shirt that says "i love my human' on it I am going to cut out the areas where the wings are so I can put it on one of my hens who's back is bare from over happy roosters before she came to me..I had her in a doggie sweater over the winter but now that its warming up I want it to be lighter weight.....I do have those chicken saddles but they are boring & no fun...this way she will be high fashion in her purple get up & won't get sunburned...though I do have baby sunscreen for that ...just in case....michele'

Chickens rule!
The Old Batz Farm
Hen #2622
Go to Top of Page

Chickadoodle_KM
True Blue Farmgirl

89 Posts

Kate
Babylon Village NY
USA
89 Posts

Posted - May 20 2011 :  04:28:04 AM  Show Profile
Michele! Your poor hen that's so sad :( but yes she will by stylin' now! Hahaha! Debbie had said she had ideas for chickens so I'll keep that in mind when pairing partners! Thanks for joining! We're gonna have FUN!

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."-Eleanor Roosevelt

Edited by - Chickadoodle_KM on May 20 2011 04:37:59 AM
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6624 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6624 Posts

Posted - May 20 2011 :  06:37:52 AM  Show Profile
Yep, I have ideas but I must keep them a secret for my swap:-) Michele where is a picture of your chickens please, what about CeeCee.
Diane and Danielle how Blessed you to are, Danielle are you sure you do not own your local zoo:-)
How beautiful and wonderful all our pets are they are a part of our family and we love them like we do our children, I do anyway and I know M does. Tell me ladies what would we do with out all our babies?
Have a beautiful weekend everyone, and whatever you do have fun!
Farmgirl Hugs,
Debbie

www.etsy.com/shop/CollectThisTreasures

http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com

http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

batznthebelfry
True Blue Farmgirl

1257 Posts

Michele
Athol Ma
USA
1257 Posts

Posted - May 20 2011 :  07:11:46 AM  Show Profile
CeeCeeGertie
Michele'

Chickens rule!
The Old Batz Farm
Hen #2622
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6624 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6624 Posts

Posted - May 20 2011 :  07:23:52 AM  Show Profile
Oh, what beauties, thank you so much for sharing M. When I get my cabin in the woods you know I will need one or two of these:-)
Farmgirl Hugs,
Debbie

Go to Top of Page

Oggie
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Ginny
Machias Maine
USA
526 Posts

Posted - May 20 2011 :  6:53:56 PM  Show Profile
Can you still sign up, this sounds fun. I would be happy to join in on the chickens and I'm wondering if I dare include my pet, Oggie. He's an indoor mini-lop rabbit. If I can, sign me up for them both. If not, I'll still do the chickens. This is sure going to test me but in a good way lol!

Ginny
Farmgirl #2343
www.thedewhopinn.com

"I always have a wonderful time, wherever I am, whomever I'm with."
"Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it." Both by Elwood P. Dowd (Jimmy Stewart) in the Movie Harvey
Go to Top of Page

Rejena
True Blue Farmgirl

149 Posts

Rejena
WY
USA
149 Posts

Posted - May 20 2011 :  7:32:30 PM  Show Profile
Ok, we'll play...our list is super long and we'll be happy to swap with anyone: 1 animal or a few. We have QUITE a crowd. Let's see start with who is laying around me right now: 2 cats, Licorice and Zinnia 6 and 4 years old. Totally rule the house from 11pm-6am. Racing around like kittens, stealing babies from my daughters stuffed animals and getting into my yarn. Woke up one morning to the circle around our downstairs completely "decorated" in 4 or 5 balls of yarn. VERY ATTRACTIVE!

Next we'll go oldest to youngest in the dogland we call our home:
Silver is our Weim who is 6 years old and the ruler of the couch. She goes where she wants, when she wants and with whomever she wants. She is quite the character.
Ace is our chocolate lab and "NEW DADDY" of our house who just had puppies with Oceana on May 9th. He is getting a serious talking to by his lady whenever he wants to go near her litter. She really should invite him in because she has her hands full.
Oceana is the chocolate lab Momma with the most-est. She's getting the most-est Love, Food, Respect, and hugs from everyone around here. She has 6 pups (3 males and 3 females...their names are Green, Orange, Pink, Purple, Yellow, and Pink Polka Dot Ribbon). They are incredible and making it hard to truly "try" to sell them. I swear I've probably talked people outta more puppies than I've sold. YIKES!
Princess is our last pup. She is 3 years old and a Black lab. She is adorable and sweet and fun, but has been ill ever since we had her fixed. She contracted a strange illness due to the fixing and hasn't had an easy go of it since. She plays hard and has fun on good days and rests and watches on bad. We sure do love her up though EVERY DAY!
Our son is a budding biologist so he has tanks of critters on the way in and out of our home at all times. Right now there are 6 active tanks that include a stream ecosystem, a gecko lizard, 2 red earred slidder turtles (Tissy and Missy), and several straight with tropical, salt, and a guppy fish.

If we head down to the barn you'd find our barn boys: Alder and Blackie wrapping themselves around your feet as they look to see what eggs or goat's milk you've brought them. These brother cats are something else. They attack without warning, all in good fun and gest: sometimes from Above Your Head- just to give you a kiss on the ear. crazy cats!

We just found a stray Momma cat in our barn this afternoon with three ADORABLE baby kittens. I am not sure where this homeless gal came from, but we'll invite her to stay if need be. I am REALLY surprised those males haven't uninvited her from their abode. They must be mellowing in their older age.

Behind each door you will find a surprise waiting, we've had 5 baby goat kids this week, so behind door #1 you might walk into a family dinner for the triplets or afternoon nap behind door #2, Door #3 holds the bucks and that is always an exciting door to enter. These guys are always happy to be brushed, petted, and loved up. THANK GOODNESS it's not breeding season...can get ripe!
The rest of the Momma's and older kids are out behind Door #5. They are a wild crowd of some love-bugs and human-nay-sayers where it seems us humans can never do anything right with (ok we only have 1 of them left and that's enough)

Exit stage Left and you'll be headed to the Chicken coop: within you'll find three doors, 1 for our khaki ducks 6 at the time, but one Momma is sitting; 26 Buff Orpingtons including Betty who survived last year's raccoon massacre by playing dead, and a new brood of Black .....oh something or other....brain is fried! Anyhow, they are just peeps yet, but there are an AWFUL lot of combs sprouting on their heads....we might be overrun by roosters by August.

Ok, long story short: If I was to choose 1 animal of ours to spoil right now it would be Oceana, because when the packages are going to be arriving is about the time her pups might be leaving. She is a great trained hunting dog that likes to point and fetch and run, run, run. For her, a few "soft mouthing" toys would be best or just special stuff for her whelping area (formally known as the mudroom). She LOVES her bones and treats and does enjoy a good bandana or two. She could probably use a new collar or something to say "SHAZAM! I've been through it and lived to tell about it..."

;o)

Hugs everyone, and I love the photos and stories of all your animals.

Oh, by the way: I'M IN! Here are a few shots, I'll share more when I have more bandwidth allowed. Dang satallite!

www.violetacresfarm.com
"Kid Run Boer Goat Farm"
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6624 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6624 Posts

Posted - May 20 2011 :  8:58:11 PM  Show Profile
Oh Regena, may I come and stay with you for awhile so I can love on all your beautiful animals. I am good at giving out hugs and kisses. Heck I want to visit everyone here and their animals.
Kate thank you so much for doing this swap for us, I think it has turned into more fun than any of us thought, don't you.
So......I want two partners please to swap with if you have extras.
Thank you.
Farmgirl Hugs,
Debbie

Go to Top of Page

Chickadoodle_KM
True Blue Farmgirl

89 Posts

Kate
Babylon Village NY
USA
89 Posts

Posted - May 22 2011 :  07:00:53 AM  Show Profile
okey doke! Ginny, no it is not too late! So welcome to the fun! I have you (Oggie & the chickens) down! Did you want to swap with a particular kind of animal (we now have many to choose from! hahaha) or are you find with any? And also are you willing to swap with someone with more than one animal?

Rejena! Holy Cow! or should I say Holy Goats, Chickens, Roosters...!!! hahaha!!! I think we should all arrange a field trip to your home and visit your petting zoo!!! hahaha!!! That goat is so beautiful! Look at that coat! and those babies oh my goodness!!! Ok so down to business, I have you (Licorice, Zinnia, Silver, Ace, Oceana, Princess, Alder, Blackie, and Betty) down.

Michele, your chickens are beautiful!

And Debbie, YES! I'd have to agree with you!!! hahaha!!!

Alright ladies, let's see if anyone else dares to join the madness!!! hahaha!!!

Edited by - Chickadoodle_KM on May 22 2011 07:01:58 AM
Go to Top of Page

Chickadoodle_KM
True Blue Farmgirl

89 Posts

Kate
Babylon Village NY
USA
89 Posts

Posted - May 24 2011 :  1:05:48 PM  Show Profile
only a few more days to join (May 27th deadline) just incase you're considering joining in on the fun! lemme know!

farmgirl hugs & kisses,
<3 Kate

Go to Top of Page

Rejena
True Blue Farmgirl

149 Posts

Rejena
WY
USA
149 Posts

Posted - May 24 2011 :  7:00:31 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Ladies,
We'd be happy to have you here in Central Pa. We have a creek at the bottom of our farm property where we camp. Come on over!

We've decided to have a Cousin's Camp this summer and invite all the kids (2nds and 3rd cousins included) to come and play for a week at the barn. So many city kids need a good animal hug, lick, and even maybe a kiss and a peck. ;o)

This is gonna be so fun!
Rejean

www.violetacresfarm.com
"Kid Run Boer Goat Farm"
Go to Top of Page

Chickadoodle_KM
True Blue Farmgirl

89 Posts

Kate
Babylon Village NY
USA
89 Posts

Posted - May 25 2011 :  04:22:04 AM  Show Profile
Wow Rejean! That sounds absolutely amazing! It's sure to be a wonderful time!

Edited by - Chickadoodle_KM on May 25 2011 04:23:31 AM
Go to Top of Page

Chickadoodle_KM
True Blue Farmgirl

89 Posts

Kate
Babylon Village NY
USA
89 Posts

Posted - May 27 2011 :  1:36:57 PM  Show Profile
Hello Ladies and our furry and feathered friends! Just a lil' reminder that I will be posting partners tomorrow! Yay! Meow! Ruff! Cluck! Baaa!

Farmgirl hugs & kisses,
<3 Kate

Go to Top of Page

Oggie
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Ginny
Machias Maine
USA
526 Posts

Posted - May 28 2011 :  4:00:23 PM  Show Profile
Kate, I will take any furry friend and folks with many or one, it's up to you. I have 12 girls (chickens) besides Oggie (and 2 cats but I didn't mention them). Sorry it took awhile to get back here. My sis in law fell, broke her ankle in three places. So now both she and my hubby are in "boots" so my brother in law and I have our hands full! Never a dull moment in life!

Ginny
Farmgirl #2343
www.thedewhopinn.com

"Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it." Both by Elwood P. Dowd (Jimmy Stewart) in the Movie Harvey
Go to Top of Page

Oggie
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Ginny
Machias Maine
USA
526 Posts

Posted - May 28 2011 :  4:19:50 PM  Show Profile
I completely forgot to show off my bunny Oggie! My God, I even started a business because of this little dude!

Here he is meeting one of the new girls last summer.

And last, here's one of he and his brother Welkie who has gone to the other side of the Rainbow Bridge.

Ginny
Farmgirl #2343
www.thedewhopinn.com

Go to Top of Page

batznthebelfry
True Blue Farmgirl

1257 Posts

Michele
Athol Ma
USA
1257 Posts

Posted - May 28 2011 :  6:40:16 PM  Show Profile
ohhhh Oggie makes me just want to reach into the picture & just hug him....so cute! Michele'

Chickens rule!
The Old Batz Farm
Hen #2622
Go to Top of Page

Flea Market Diva
True Blue Farmgirl

106 Posts

Kathy
Galt CA
USA
106 Posts

Posted - May 30 2011 :  10:07:37 AM  Show Profile
Man this looks like so much fun I'm just bumbed I cant be part of this,this time. Maybe if all goes well with this swap we can do one closer to Christmas and swap stocking stutters for our four legged friends or a Christmas ornament for them. you girls have fun I'll join the next swap. I love seeing all the pictures.
Have a great time.

Craft On Sisters :)
Go to Top of Page

Chickadoodle_KM
True Blue Farmgirl

89 Posts

Kate
Babylon Village NY
USA
89 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2011 :  05:19:41 AM  Show Profile
Hello Ladies, dogs, cats, chickens, goats, bunnies, fish, toads, mice...hahaha,

Just a friendly reminder that swaps should be sent out June 18th!

Hi Michele,
Sent you an email, hope you got it, lemme know thanks!

Farmgirl hugs & kisses,
<3 Kate

Go to Top of Page

Chickadoodle_KM
True Blue Farmgirl

89 Posts

Kate
Babylon Village NY
USA
89 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2011 :  05:10:36 AM  Show Profile
Hello Ladies!

I just wanted to make sure that everyone has heard from their partners, since packages should go out this Saturday. Also, don't forget to post your thanks and photos of what you've received! Looking forward to seeing all of the wonderful goodies!

Farmgirl hugs & kisses,
<3 Kate

Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2011 :  5:56:29 PM  Show Profile
OH! I didn't see this one...next time I would so LOOVEE to do this one! Sorry I missed it! Great idea.

Hugs,

Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Chapter Leader, Connecticut Simpler Life Sisters

Suburban Farmgirl Blogger
http://sfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org/
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6624 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6624 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2011 :  4:55:19 PM  Show Profile
Hello Ginny, my 4 legged kids say thank you so much for all their treasures, they love everything and of course you sent all their favorites. They really loved the iced cookie lobster so cute and obviously delicious. The rawhides, tennis balls and surf's pup toy all so cute, Gracie (our Golden) will pose later with the goodies (minus the lobsters) as I can not get the doxies to sit still long enough for a picture to often.
Hopefully your kids goodies will arrive soon.
Thank you again.
Farmgirl Hugs,
Debbie

Go to Top of Page

Oggie
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Ginny
Machias Maine
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2011 :  9:32:51 PM  Show Profile
My boys & girls goodies arrived today and they all LOVE the generous treats and toys! I've never seen croissants for bunnies!! Oggie thinks they are amazing! He will probably be sitting under the table every time we eat now for those treats! My cats were playing all night with the balls and while I haven't given them the catnip mice yet I have to say, those mice are darn cute! Even Mom got treats and I can't wait to try the Orange tea! But I have to say, I really loved the card Debbie! It's so on the mark as to what is going on in my life right now! Here's all the goodies they got in the mail today!

Ginny
Farmgirl #2343
www.thedewhopinn.com

Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6624 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6624 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2011 :  07:28:08 AM  Show Profile
Ginny, I was able to get a couple of cute pics of the girls enjoying their raw hides.
So that is Holly the little one with the pink bows right in front, I can not believe she posed for me. Then Bella the black one, Heidi the red on the right then our Gracie girl in the middle of all the little ones.
Farmgirl Hugs,
Debbie

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2011 :  09:07:06 AM  Show Profile
Debbie...it looks like your FourLegged friends Pkg...was a HIT!
Cute Pictures!

Smiles and Hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com
http://pegsmiles7.wordpress.com

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic ***"For Our Four Legged Friends" Swap*** Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page