Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 Bad dreams...making the day rotten, too!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Bad dreams...making the day rotten, too! Next Topic  

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - May 16 2011 :  07:41:18 AM  Show Profile
I don't know what's going on--since mid last week I've been having terrible nightmares and it's making my days really long and sad!!! Last night was the worst--in my dream, I killed a client of ours by smothering him, an elderly man and then worried about being caught through the whole dream. The night before, I dreamt that I caught my husband having an affair.

I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the antihistamine I'm taking at night, that I bought from Target last week. I usually take Benadryl at night, so I can breathe (AND sleep!) but I've never had these types of dreams...in fact, I don't think I dream at all!

Musings from our family in the Bluegrass http://sweetvioletmae.blogspot.com/

BarefootGoatGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1495 Posts

Corrine
North Carolina
USA
1495 Posts

Posted - May 16 2011 :  07:47:57 AM  Show Profile  Send BarefootGoatGirl a Yahoo! Message
i'm so sorry, jonni. a bad dream can mess up the whole day! i certainly hope it is something as simple as changing your nightly allergy meds.

what antihistamine have you been taking, does it include a decongestant? ever since they quit using sudaphededrine as the decongestiant in most allergy medications, this is not uncommon. it's never happened to me, but both of my parents have had trouble with it.

www.barefootfashion.wordpress.com

http://www.corrinemackrell.carbonmade.com
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - May 16 2011 :  07:53:04 AM  Show Profile
It really is, Corinne. I feel anxious and sad at the same time. Thanks. I'm at work, but feeling ver "homesick".

It really could be the Target brand "Benadryl". Very interesting that your parents have had similar experiences--I bought it because it was $2.00 cheaper, and I've also taken the Walgreen brand without any issue, but for $2.00 more, peace of mind is just about priceless. Might go get something else for this evening!

Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - May 16 2011 :  09:51:27 AM  Show Profile
Jonni, that's awful. I have had some crazy dreams too and wonder now if it's because sometimes I take sleeping pills to help sleep. I never thought about that. But I guess it could be. Are you under any stress from anything? Stress can cause crazy problems.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - May 16 2011 :  10:37:30 AM  Show Profile
It could be, Kris. I know when I've taken sleeping pills in the past (when under a lot of stress), I've had CRAZY dreams. These just seem...I don't know, ominous. I'm not a real superstitious person, but I don't like the way I can't shake the feelings, even after I've long started my day.

This morning, I looked into the closet and thought, "I'd just like to stay here and snuggle with my girl."

I felt like I got a lot accomplished over the weekend, and made a lovely Sunday dinner. I'm not stressed about money (for a change) and I'm trying to "let go" of some of the daily stress I keep like all these silly "daily" details and "have to's"...I think I'll start with changing my medicine and see what happens :)

Go to Top of Page

french08
True Blue Farmgirl

89 Posts

Kim
Sharon Springs NY
USA
89 Posts

Posted - May 16 2011 :  12:08:35 PM  Show Profile
Oh my! It does make you wonder if the medication is affecting your dreams. I know I've heard of this issue before, but that was a "quit smoking" medication. Hope you find relief soon!

~~Kim French~~
Farmgirl Sister #2997
Farmgirl at Heart From The Start
Go to Top of Page

coloquilter
True Blue Farmgirl

214 Posts

Susan
Co
USA
214 Posts

Posted - May 16 2011 :  4:40:03 PM  Show Profile  Send coloquilter a Yahoo! Message
Many medications will cause you to have strange dreams.Sometimes it's just something else stressing us too.
I know this is going to sound silly but when I am having a bad dream, somehow I am able to tell myself.."it's only a dream , you can change it" at that point I either wake up or my dream starts down a different path..
I understand how a bad dream affects your day. I once dreamed that my former boss fired me for some dumb thing and the next day I was mad at him all morning .It took me to lunch to figure out why I was mad at him, then I felt silly.
Good luck and remember it's just a dream.
Susan
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - May 16 2011 :  6:15:13 PM  Show Profile
I'm so sorry these horrible dreams are happening to you. Dreams really do mess with your moods. I get horrible, very vivid dreams if I take otc cold medicine. I hope that getting back on your original medicine will end the nasty things *Hugs*

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - May 16 2011 :  7:37:26 PM  Show Profile
I'm sure the meds. could be causing weird dreams. I used to take a prescription med. to help me sleep and it caused really strange dreams and instances of "sleep-talking". I'd call someone on the phone and tell them weird things and then have no memory of it. I even went to the store once in this weird state (I didn't know at the time that it was the meds. causing it). When I have a strange, foreboding type dream, I ask myself: What's the possibility of this ever happening? That usually puts them into perspective. Try not to let the dreams bother you--I know it can be difficult, since some dreams really are important. But they're usually few and far between. I hope you feel better soon.
cindy

"Vast floods can't quench love, no matter what love did/ Rivers can't drown love, no matter where love's hid"--Sinead O'Connor
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - May 16 2011 :  9:49:50 PM  Show Profile
I've had bad dreams with lots of different meds. I think my worst dreams though, were when I was pregnant. They were always absolutely evil then!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - May 18 2011 :  06:47:47 AM  Show Profile
Well, I eliminated the medicine and went back to my benadryl. Have slept much better these last two nights and haven't had any dreams (that I can recall).

I'm hoping that this can be put behind me. There's so much "awful" in our waking world that I certainly don't need any more while I sleep.

Thanks for the advice and comments, girls! And, sweet dreams!!!

Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Bad dreams...making the day rotten, too! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page