Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 Taking charge of my health
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Taking charge of my health Next Topic  

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - May 04 2011 :  7:15:59 PM  Show Profile
I attended an event last night and one of the speakers was an alternative doctor. She said something that still rings in my ears "If you don't take responsibility for your health, no one else is going to do it for you." How true! I've been wanting to take a yoga class so I looked up a wellness center that offers yoga, along with nutrition counseling and other services. At the hospital where I work, I see everyday, people who don't seem to care about their health. And the less they care, the poorer their quality of life. I tell you, it scares me to see how some people treat their bodies. And they often neglect their spiritual/ emotional health along with it. So I've made the resolve to start taking charge of my health, since I know from my work that prevention is the best cure. It really doesn't matter what else you may have in life--a beautiful house, a new car, a high-paying job--if you don't have the health to enjoy it, it doesn't mean much. this isn't meant to be a put-down for those who suffer from disease or illness--just that if you do (and I do), then you know how it can affect your quality of life. I want to enjoy life. And that starts by taking care of my health. Cause when you have your health, you have just about everything.
Cindy

"Vast floods can't quench love, no matter what love did/ Rivers can't drown love, no matter where love's hid"--Sinead O'Connor
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/

SusanScarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

317 Posts

Posted - May 08 2011 :  1:40:08 PM  Show Profile
This is so true. Doctors are so busy now that in their scheduled 10 minutes per appointment there is no way they can really be in charge of your health. We need to be in charge of ourselves. I'd be interested in hearing how you like the yoga class.
Go to Top of Page

french08
True Blue Farmgirl

89 Posts

Kim
Sharon Springs NY
USA
89 Posts

Posted - May 09 2011 :  03:10:18 AM  Show Profile
You make a good point here. I decided a few months back to do exactly that. Take charge and live a healthier lifestyle. Cook healthier foods. Exercise. And enjoy every day, even the simple things like the sun peeking out after days of rain.

~~Kim French~~
Farmgirl Sister #2997
Farmgirl at Heart From The Start
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Taking charge of my health Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page