Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 Mike and Ike..Oh, No...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Mike and Ike..Oh, No... Next Topic  

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2011 :  08:55:41 AM  Show Profile
I think I have an allergy to something in them. I usually eat pretty healthy. But, get me near a box of Mike and Ike or Dots, and its back off and no one will get hurt. This is the second time of broken out in hives when eating them. Dang! Another vice down the drain.

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2011 :  09:30:54 AM  Show Profile
Oh my gosh - this blasts me back to those long walks up the hill to the drug store with my brother and sister when we were kids!!! LOL! Well, there are always Jolly Ranchers (although they weren't my favorites at all)... I'm actually chocolate girl: Goobers, Sno Caps, Junior Mints, Peanut M&Ms (yu-u-u-U-um!) and Boston Baked Beans... Oh! I know! What about Skittles, Judith? OR Jelly Bellies! Oooh! Try those, Judith! They're even yummier and more addictive than Mike and Ikes!!! Geez...where has time gone!? I have deprived myself of these things for soooo long... I think when I run out to the store today I'm going to pick up a few of these for the Easter basket, though - just for a treat! After all, "good" girls get to be a little "bad" sometimes, too! ;) LOL! Well, thank you for the walk down Memory Lane!!! I wish you the best in your pursuit of a reasonable Mike and Ike substitute! Have a blessed Easter! Hugs - Nini

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Farmgirl Sister #1974
Go to Top of Page

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2011 :  10:09:52 AM  Show Profile
Oh girls~ I do love a good box of ju ju bees, but, like Nini, chocolate is my downfall! Raisinettes, peppermint patties and the supreme - Chunky Bar. I just cann not resist the combination of rasins, nuts and chocolate. Oh dang - I have to go find one now!

~ Elaine
"Be the change you wish to see in the world." - Gandhi

Farmgirl sister #2882
http://embchicken.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

FieldsofThyme
Farmgirl Guide & Schoolmarm / Chapter Leader

4928 Posts

USA
4928 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2011 :  06:50:19 AM  Show Profile
You brought back memories of penny candy. I actually wrote a creative writing piece once on this subject.

As for the reaction, it could be a preservative. That happened to me once eating fresh salmon. My throat swelled up, I couldn't breath etc. I went to the doctor and asked about allergies to fish, and he told me it was most likely a preservative used on that brand of fish. Bummer for me.

Farmgirl #800
http://momzonetakingtimeformom.blogspot.com/

http://scrapreusedandrecycledartprojects.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2011 :  03:45:18 AM  Show Profile
Could it be the gelatin?? See if gummy bears do the same thing

My camdy vice is p-nut M&Ms. Only I work the chocolate off and spit the p-nut out. It's a habit especially when driving alone. I don't smoke any more. SOmetimes I owuld go thorugh a pound a week. These dyas is just when I get the craving.

My favorite penny candy would have to be Jaw Breakers and especially Atomic Fireballs or pop rocks. I am old enough to remember Space Dust and can recall some of the images on the flavors of the packets. And of course Dynamints. Sadly, they don't make these any more.
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Mike and Ike..Oh, No... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page