Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Barter™
 Cook Book Swap-SPRING 2009 PARTNER LIST POSTED!!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Cook Book Swap-SPRING 2009 PARTNER LIST POSTED!!!! Next Topic
Page: of 18

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2006 :  02:43:02 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Jayne,
Got it!! Thank You!!
Hugz,
Talitha

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"
Go to Top of Page

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
in the Pandhandle of Idaho
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2006 :  2:27:31 PM  Show Profile
Buttercup,

I returned your email yesterday. Was so busy last week that I forgot to open my email. So glad you liked the cookbooks.

Debbie

"You cannot find peace...by avoiding life."
Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2006 :  2:29:27 PM  Show Profile
Brenda,

I'm sending out your cookbooks today. I hope you enjoy them. I tried to find really "local" books by Idahoans. A couple are definitely "used" and I hope you don't mind. I think it adds to the charm.

Debbie

Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2006 :  3:18:47 PM  Show Profile
Melanie - Your cookbook is on it's way. I hope you like it. It is very Floridian. The post office said 4-7 days for delivery.

I look forward to receiving yours - it should arrive any day now!

Peace

Edited by - jpbluesky on Aug 22 2006 04:39:26 AM
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2006 :  8:40:37 PM  Show Profile
what a fun idea .. but oh my goodness .. i dont think i could part with my KENTUCKY cookbooks .. i've been collecting them ever since moving here. i do have TONS (and i do mean TONS) of those wonderful cookbookLETS .. if we ever decide to do a 'general' cook bookLET swap .. i'm sure IN! xo

p.s. if anyone DOES have KENTUCKY cookbooks or cookbookLETS .. i'd love to do a swap of 'general' cookbooklets. xo

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

brightmeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

2045 Posts

Brenda
Lucas Ohio
USA
2045 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2006 :  8:51:12 PM  Show Profile
Debbie -

I got the cookbooks today and they are definitely "charming"!! I love them all but especially the little one about preserving... It has a recipe for 4-berry jelly that calls for youngberries - I thought that was just a made-up kind of berry! My kids (grown up now) had a video from the Hug-a-Bunch doll people where the two little kids had to go looking for youngberries to keep their grandmother from getting old... And here I thought that was just a fantasy!!!!!! Where do the youngberries grow? I could sure use some! I haven't had enough time to look through all of the cookbooks yet but I am sure they are all great! Thanks so much for the cookbooks and the cookie cutter. This was a wonderful swap idea.

Yours will be coming soon - I had a mixup with the lady who is selling one of the cookbooks I want to send and she hasn't gotten it to me yet. Don't fret, it is coming, I promise!

You shall eat the fruit of the labor of your hands - You shall be happy and it shall be well with you. -Psalm 128.2
Visit my blog at http://brightmeadowfarms.blogspot.com, web site store at http://www.watkinsonline.com/fish or my homepage at http://home.earthlink.net/~brightmeadow
Go to Top of Page

daffodil dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

805 Posts

Jayne
Hamilton Victoria
Australia
805 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2006 :  4:32:57 PM  Show Profile
Hi all,
Georgann, I posted your book yesterday - they said it should take 7-10 days. Hope you like it!
Talitha, yours is coming - I hope to send it next week. I'll let you know.
Best wishes,
Jayne
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2006 :  6:23:20 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Brenda,
Those sound so nice!! This is so much fun hearing what everyone gets or has chosen to swap!!

Jayne, no worries, yours is not off yet either! I will be here! Thanks for letting me know though!

Hugz to all and happy swapping!!!
Talitha

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2006 :  6:24:38 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Frannie,
Keep your eyes open..we have talked of doing more swaps with different themes, so check back!!
Hugz!
Talitha

Go to Top of Page

brightmeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

2045 Posts

Brenda
Lucas Ohio
USA
2045 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2006 :  1:25:58 PM  Show Profile
Debbie - a friend of an acquaintance of the lady who promised me the cookbook dropped it off to me today at church! Yours will really "local" as it took half the town to get it to me!! LOL. Now that I got it I looked it over and I see I should have gotten two, there are some interesting recipes in it!

I'll put the package in the mail tomorrow - you should have it by mid-week.

You shall eat the fruit of the labor of your hands - You shall be happy and it shall be well with you. -Psalm 128.2
Visit my blog at http://brightmeadowfarms.blogspot.com, web site store at http://www.watkinsonline.com/fish or my homepage at http://home.earthlink.net/~brightmeadow
Go to Top of Page

Jana
True Blue Farmgirl

482 Posts

Jana
Eau Claire Wisconsin
USA
482 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2006 :  1:48:40 PM  Show Profile
OOOOOH! I haven't been on the Farm Girl site for quite some time and somehow missed this board! It seems you are winding down from a cookbook swap, but if you plan on doing another one, count me in!

Jana
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2006 :  5:43:14 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Jana,
So sorry you missed us the first two times around..and yes we have talked about more swaps, though I am not sure when, so keep checking back because we would love to have you!
Hugz,
Talitha

Go to Top of Page

santa_gertrudis_gal
True Blue Farmgirl

198 Posts

Kim
Groesbeck Texas
USA
198 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2006 :  10:06:54 AM  Show Profile  Send santa_gertrudis_gal a Yahoo! Message
Marlene (aka MBurns)

I've replied to your emails. If you aren't receiving the two I sent via my email address or the message sent through MJ would you let me know. Your spam filter may be cutting them off.

Kim

Heaven is a day at the ranch with my Santa Gertrudis!
Go to Top of Page

KellyA
True Blue Farmgirl

237 Posts

Kelly
Johnsonville NY
USA
237 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2006 :  12:22:16 PM  Show Profile  Send KellyA an AOL message
Talitha,
My thanks for organizing this...I have been blessed both times by some very generous souls in their choice of cookbooks! It has been a treat to anticipate the mail these past weeks! My cookbook loving soul is in heaven!

Kelly

When a cookbook is in hand, life is good!
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2006 :  3:42:13 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Kelly it is my pleasure!! And thank you so much for that sweet and lovely note! I am so glad you have enjoyed it so much!
Hugz!!
Talitha

Go to Top of Page

candismom
True Blue Farmgirl

560 Posts

Elizabeth

560 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2006 :  4:56:42 PM  Show Profile
Does anyone want to trade with me. I am from Texas.
Hugs,
Elizabeth
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2006 :  12:27:23 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Elizabeth,
We are just finishing up a round, but we have talked of more swaps and if not I would love to swap with you..keep checking back!
Hugz,
Talitha

Go to Top of Page

Hideaway Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1553 Posts

Jo
Virginia
USA
1553 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2006 :  12:32:45 PM  Show Profile
Aunty Jenny,

Your cookbook is on the way. I had trouble getting another copy of the one I wanted to send you, but found it today! it's being shipped directly to your address. I'll put the extra little somethings in a separate package and send it out to you as well. Enjoy!

Jo
Go to Top of Page

Jana
True Blue Farmgirl

482 Posts

Jana
Eau Claire Wisconsin
USA
482 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2006 :  6:23:45 PM  Show Profile
Talitha & Elizabeth from TX
I don't know what the procedure is for the swap, but if Elizabeth from TX would still like to swap, I'd be glad to swap with her!

Jana
Go to Top of Page

daffodil dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

805 Posts

Jayne
Hamilton Victoria
Australia
805 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2006 :  6:27:58 PM  Show Profile
Hi Talitha,
I have sent your book today! Here's hoping you enjoy it!
Best wishes,
Jayne
Go to Top of Page

berries
True Blue Farmgirl

475 Posts

gloria g
Florida
USA
475 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2006 :  6:47:06 PM  Show Profile
Elizabeth, what part of Texas? I'm in Richards, which is west of Huntsville, TX.

gloria g. Richards, TX

strawberry fields forever and ever!
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2006 :  6:53:14 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
So sorry it took me a bit to respond...busy weekend, please forgive me!!

Jana, that would be fine and wonderful if you two would like to do that! Please feel free to e-mail Elizabeth directly and find out!!

Jayne, so sorry yours is not off yet, been running like a chicken with out...well you know.... Thank you in advance, I am sure I will love it and I will get yours out soon I promise!!

Hugz to All!!
Talitha

Go to Top of Page

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2006 :  3:51:52 PM  Show Profile
Brenda,

I'm so glad you like the cookbooks!! Got yours yesterday. A nice surprise upon my return from vacation. Thank you so much! They look great. You were very generous. Can't wait to get cooking!!!

Debbie

Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2006 :  6:47:08 PM  Show Profile
Melanie - just wanted to let you know the cookbook you sent to me on the 17th of August is still on it's way. I hope you will let me know if you have received yours yet. I sent it several days after you sent mine. Things going to other countries sometimes take awhile longer than we want them to!
Jeannie

Peace
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2006 :  11:02:32 PM  Show Profile
Hey Jo...the beautiful cookbook you sent (Virginnia farms cookbook) came yesterday..oh my gosh..it is just so wonderful!! I have been skimming through it between canning batches of peaches today..and plan to really dig in and read it tomorrow. I love all the extra info in it and the dairy section is great!
I am so sorry yours isn't to you yet. It went out today. I feel like I have half a brain with this stupid cold!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 18 *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Cook Book Swap-SPRING 2009 PARTNER LIST POSTED!!!! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page