Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Barter™
 Cook Book Swap-SPRING 2009 PARTNER LIST POSTED!!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Cook Book Swap-SPRING 2009 PARTNER LIST POSTED!!!! Next Topic
Page: of 18

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
living on Anne of Green Gables land
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2006 :  02:11:01 AM  Show Profile
Hi Jeannie
Funny that you wrote yesterday as I got the cookbook yesterday! I am very happy with it...thank you sooooo much...it really has a great variety, everything a farmgirl could want, oh, and great that it has a seafood section as i am right on the ocean!! Thanks again, hugs, Mella

mellaisbella "I wanna touch the earth, I want to break it in my hands, I want to grow something wild and unruly"
Go to Top of Page

Hideaway Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1553 Posts

Jo
Virginia
USA
1553 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2006 :  04:12:23 AM  Show Profile
Jenny, So glad you liked it, I will look forward to the one you are sending. Get over that cold, no sniffling in the peaches allowed! This is a lot of fun, isn't it?

Jo
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2006 :  2:25:09 PM  Show Profile
Melanie - the mail came and went today, and still no cookbook from Canada! I am glad you got mine, but so far nothing from your "neck of the woods". Will keep you posted.
Jeannie

Peace
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2006 :  5:02:02 PM  Show Profile
Melanie - I am doing the happy dance up the driveway from the mailbox - I got my cookbook today! I love it! I see things I want to try already. I am going to do a wrap recipe I found inside. Can you believe it wandered around the world for almost a month? :)
Jeannie

Thank you!!!!!
Peace

Edited by - jpbluesky on Sep 18 2006 12:27:59 PM
Go to Top of Page

candismom
True Blue Farmgirl

560 Posts

Elizabeth

560 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2006 :  2:53:29 PM  Show Profile
I have a Texas cookbook Does anyone want to trade with me?
Thanks
Elizabeth
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2006 :  4:47:48 PM  Show Profile
Hooray Jeannie!!!! I am sooooo glad that you finally got your cookbook...Enjoy!!!, Mella

mellaisbella "I wanna touch the earth, I want to break it in my hands, I want to grow something wild and unruly"
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2006 :  3:34:12 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Oh My!!!!
I got my package from Jayne!!!! She sent me the neatest cookbook with such yummie looking delights! The girls and I ooood and ahhhhd over it! Then she sent me an apron..it is my first apron ever!!! And it the sweetest! I love it and will treasure it always!! Thank you so very much Jayne!!! And yours is on the way this weekend promise (the store is out of the one I want to send so I have been waiting hoping they get more soon!! They promised they would!) Anyway, it is so wonderful to get such wonderful things from a farmgirl friend! Thank you so much for the lovely letter, apron, and cookbook, they shall be treasured always!!
Hugz!!
Talitha

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"
Go to Top of Page

daffodil dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

805 Posts

Jayne
Hamilton Victoria
Australia
805 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2006 :  7:33:08 PM  Show Profile
Talitha,
You are so, so welcome!!! I'm so glad they arrived safely and so happy you liked them! I had read somewhere here that you didn't have an apron yet, so I figured every Farmgirl needs an apron!! Hope the colours are OK.
Best wishes,
Jayne
Go to Top of Page

Hideaway Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1553 Posts

Jo
Virginia
USA
1553 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2006 :  12:18:26 PM  Show Profile
Aunty Jenny, Thanks so much for the "Cookin' with the Crazy Lady" cookbook - how appropriate for me these days. I also love the hand embroidered tea towel; and it smells awesome! Cannot wait to try these new recipes; thanks for letting me know your favorites.

Again, thanks to Talitha for setting this up...who's up for round three?

Jo
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2006 :  1:48:34 PM  Show Profile
That smell is lavender linen spray from Kay (therusticcottage) isn't it wonderful? I use it on all my ironing (except husband's shirts..he made me stop that) and I am so used to the smell I forget how fun it is to open something ironed with it.
I am so glad you like the book and tea towel.

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2006 :  4:40:13 PM  Show Profile
Jo - you lucky girl to get a tea towel from Aunt Jenny!

Peace
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2006 :  09:45:14 AM  Show Profile
Round Three?! Did I hear ROund Three?!! This is definately for me!! Count me in

Go to Top of Page

daffodil dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

805 Posts

Jayne
Hamilton Victoria
Australia
805 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2006 :  7:32:21 PM  Show Profile
Oh yes, it would be great fun to do another round. I was in the bookshop the other day and a new book has just come out that would be perfect!!
I'm just hoping Georgann got her book as I sent it a week earlier than Talitha's and haven't heard yet. I know she has been very busy, so hopefully it didn't get lost in the mail. I saw that Mella's took quite a while in the travelling.
Best wishes,
Jayne
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2006 :  8:20:59 PM  Show Profile
I am in for sure if there is a round three!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2006 :  8:33:10 PM  Show Profile
if there is a round 3 I'd like to jump on board the fun!

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2006 :  1:09:56 PM  Show Profile
I am in for round three too! What would be the theme this time?

Peace
Go to Top of Page

newheart
True Blue Farmgirl

471 Posts

Margie
Owings Mills Maryland
USA
471 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2006 :  4:07:03 PM  Show Profile
Hello.....I hope I am in on round three also... Collecting cookbooks is one of my favorite things....I read them like one reads a novel......just purchased Paula Deans cookbook..Wow, It's great..........................

newheart.
Go to Top of Page

Jana
True Blue Farmgirl

482 Posts

Jana
Eau Claire Wisconsin
USA
482 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2006 :  4:13:24 PM  Show Profile
Elizabeth and I finally made a connection and are doing a belated round 2 swap right now (sent her package off this morning).

I would LOVE to do another swap! What is the theme going to be???

Jana
Go to Top of Page

candismom
True Blue Farmgirl

560 Posts

Elizabeth

560 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2006 :  09:48:36 AM  Show Profile
Hi Jana.
I got my cookbook and note pad today. Thank you so much. I can't wait to sit down and read it. Yours is on the way. I would love to do a round 3.
Hugs,
Elizabeth
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2006 :  4:52:54 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Oh My How wonderful!! Yes round three would be wonderful! Any sugestions on themes? Should we go for a holiday theme since so many holidays are comming up? I want to hear what you gals would like! I will get a list together and should we close this list on Oct. 2nd to give a little more time for others to join in or maybe the 6th? I promise I will check daily! I have been really busy lately and sorry I have not been on much over the past 2 weeks. But I am up for another swap for sure! Let me know! And Hugz to all!!
Hugz,
Talitha

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"
Go to Top of Page

daffodil dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

805 Posts

Jayne
Hamilton Victoria
Australia
805 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2006 :  8:25:16 PM  Show Profile
Hi Talitha,
I'm up for round three! Holiday themed would be good - I'd have to send a Christmas one as we don't do Halloween or Thanksgiving here.
Does anyone here 'speak' to Aunt George? I still haven't heard from her and I sent my book over a month ago. I'm getting a bit worried about her - she hasn't been on MaryJane's since 11 August. I sent an email four days ago and no reply. I hope everything is OK and she is just busy.
I'll be away next week (until 8th October), but put my name in and even if I don't email my partner straight away, I promise I will when I get back!
Best wishes,
Jayne
P.S. Used your apron yet?!
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2006 :  09:17:31 AM  Show Profile
Hey gals, Christmas themed would be great...so would fall/harvest...would could maybe suggest all three and then when the names are drawn, decide between our partners? Just a thought

Go to Top of Page

KellyA
True Blue Farmgirl

237 Posts

Kelly
Johnsonville NY
USA
237 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2006 :  3:42:59 PM  Show Profile  Send KellyA an AOL message
...been busy and just saw there is a new swap... hope I'm not too late! Count me in again!

Kelly

When a cookbook is in hand, life is good!
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2006 :  6:23:40 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Not at all Kelly!
Ok I will put together a list and close it Monday night the 2nd of October, so make sure to check back then! Jayne, I will put you on the list and we know to wait to hear from you after the 8th! I hope you have a wonderful time! And I LOVE my apron!! Did you get the cookbook yet? Hubby was supposed to have posted it a while ago..let me know when you get it! About Aunt George, I have not heard from her either. I will send up thoughts and prayers for her today.

I think we will just make it a general "Holiday" theme and anything that can go with that (fall, harvest, holiday, thanksgiving, christmas, and more) is fine. You can narrow it down if you like with your partner. I am so excited! I loved my first two cookbooks and look forward to more! I hope everyone is doing well and cooking up a storm!
Hugz!
Talitha

Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2006 :  8:56:36 PM  Show Profile
Holiday theme is perfect for me, too!

Peace
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 18 *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Cook Book Swap-SPRING 2009 PARTNER LIST POSTED!!!! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page