Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Barter™
 Cook Book Swap-SPRING 2009 PARTNER LIST POSTED!!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Cook Book Swap-SPRING 2009 PARTNER LIST POSTED!!!! Next Topic
Page: of 18

berries
True Blue Farmgirl

475 Posts

gloria g
Florida
USA
475 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2006 :  6:49:26 PM  Show Profile
That Talitha, I wasn't being picky, just didn't know if we would do something different. I have always collected cookbooks over the years, and like most all of them! I'm just having a great time chatting with everyone! So whatever is fine with me! I enjoyed my last partner, maybe she will join us again too!

Thanks for letting me know! Please don't go out of your way to accomodate me in any way!

Looking forward to meeting new friends and farmgirls!

gloria g. Richards, TX

strawberry fields forever and ever!
Go to Top of Page

berries
True Blue Farmgirl

475 Posts

gloria g
Florida
USA
475 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2006 :  6:50:46 PM  Show Profile
Sorry, I meant to say Thanks Talitha. I just didn't proof my email!

Thanks again for coordinating all this too!

Enjoy, gloria g.

strawberry fields forever and ever!
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2006 :  10:33:24 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Gloria, Lol!! (I wondered about "That Talitha" hmmm...LOL!) no worries!!

Gloria and Everyone,
Not at all!! No special accomodations needed...just fun ideas and many ways to do it!! And at the end of my last post was to everyone, cuz Gloria may not be the only one who would enjoy a different type swap! I honestly am good with anything, specific or non specific, regional or not... so everyone jump in here.... don't be shy!

I will wait to see if any other sugestions/desires are posted. In the meantime, enjoy those cook books!! I will continue to watch for more who wish to join! On Friday the 11th of August I will match everyone again, so watch for you partner then!
Hugz!!

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"

Edited by - Buttercup on Aug 03 2006 10:36:36 PM
Go to Top of Page

Aunt George
True Blue Farmgirl

1476 Posts

Georgann
Midlothian VA
1476 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2006 :  01:49:47 AM  Show Profile
Hey, count me in for round two, too! Anything is okay with me. Georgann

http://auntgeorgeshouse.blogspot.com/
Thanks for checking out my apron musings!
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
living on Anne of Green Gables land
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2006 :  11:27:57 AM  Show Profile
a big sunny hello to you all...... It doesn't matter to me what cook books are exchanged, but if you were looking for some ideas...perhaps season related, fall is coming and harvesting will be upon us... regional is good though as it gives us a glimse of what food is popular with our fellow farm girls oh my cookbooks are great indeed!!! Cheers, Mella
oh ps Patricia, I haven't received your cookbook yet, butI'm sure I will get it sometime this week, I'll let you know, Thanks

"I wanna touch the earth, I want to break it in my hands, I want to grow something wild and unruly"
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2006 :  12:35:50 PM  Show Profile
Hi Talitha,
I'll jump on in here again too. It was alot of fun and I'm game to try it again.
~Tina Michelle

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2006 :  8:06:32 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Georgann and Tina you are on the list!!

And Mella, thank you for the idea! I did not realize there were seasonal cookbooks..but I bet there are and that is a great idea!! Maybe after this next swap we could branch out and do seasonal and themed cookbooks?!?

How many here would be up for more swaps after this one but this time go for themed and seasonal? let me know!!

Hugz to all!!!
Talitha

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2006 :  05:15:52 AM  Show Profile
For future "themes", we could also swap cookbooks that we have found at flea markets, or consignment shops, or anyplace where you can find vintage cookbooks. I also like the organic idea mentioned above, and the church cookbook idea. Also, we could do Junior League cookbooks. Just about every city has one of those published. I am going to go hunting at the local Goodwill, etc. and see if I can find something fun and different to swap!

Peace
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2006 :  05:39:14 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Jeannie,
What neat ideas!! I love them!! Vintage, Junior League, or Church swaps sound wonderful to me!! What fun that would be!!

Anyone else up for these kinds of swaps after we finish this one?

Thanks again Jeannie!
Hugz,
Talitha

Go to Top of Page

MBurns
True Blue Farmgirl

1796 Posts

Marlene
Swisher IA
USA
1796 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2006 :  06:36:49 AM  Show Profile
I would love to me a part of future cookbook swaps. Seasonal is fun as you can get new ideas for fall and the holidays. This is a great idea. Anyone who loves cookbooks should check out the gooseberry cookbook site. I have 7 of them and you can sign up for a catalog.
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2006 :  08:44:49 AM  Show Profile
I love the gooseberry books too..I have ..gosh probably 10 of them. I know three are Christmas ones...I am sort of embarrassed at that now that I think about it. They are so fun and have so many cute ideas mixed in with the recipes. Have been collecting them for awhile.

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

santa_gertrudis_gal
True Blue Farmgirl

198 Posts

Kim
Groesbeck Texas
USA
198 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2006 :  12:06:35 PM  Show Profile  Send santa_gertrudis_gal a Yahoo! Message
Ok, I missed the first because the cookbook I wanted to give I had to order. So count me in on this one.

Kim

Heaven is a day at the ranch with my Santa Gertrudis!
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2006 :  10:31:51 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Kim, So glad you could join!!

Marlene, are you wanting to join in this round? Or are you waiting for a seasonal cookbook swap? Just let me know! And I am off to check out the Gooseberry site!! Thanks for sharing that!

Everyone remember to check back Friday the 11th for your partner!!

Hugz!
Talitha

Go to Top of Page

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
in the Pandhandle of Idaho
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2006 :  10:38:54 AM  Show Profile
Talitha,

OK - I'd like to join in again. Please add me to the list.

PS: Have you received your package yet?

"You cannot find peace...by avoiding life."
Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2006 :  6:21:34 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Debbie,
Ok you are on the list!

And no, I have not recieved it yet, but no worries, I am sure it will be here soon!! I am excited to see it and will let you know right away when I get it!!

Hugz!
Talitha

Go to Top of Page

brightmeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

2045 Posts

Brenda
Lucas Ohio
USA
2045 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2006 :  6:58:33 PM  Show Profile
OK, I will do this again, if it's not too late to join in. It was fun the first time! I feel like I have made a dear new friend with my partner from the first round. And of course it will just as good the second time around. (I am going to have to get new bookshelves for my cookbooks though!)

You shall eat the fruit of the labor of your hands - You shall be happy and it shall be well with you. -Psalm 128.2
Visit my blog at http://brightmeadowfarms.blogspot.com, web site store at http://www.watkinsonline.com/fish or my homepage at http://home.earthlink.net/~brightmeadow
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2006 :  7:10:44 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Brenda,
Glad to have you!! And no you are just fine time wise! Lol on your need of more shelf space..isn't that the point!! I will post partners Friday morning the 11th...look for your partner then!
Hugz!
Talitha

Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2006 :  09:19:28 AM  Show Profile
hi there
this is a wee bit of a side note, but.... the gooseberry site is out of this world!!!! I have been making a list for Santa...oooohhh what nice stuff!!! thanks, Mella

"I wanna touch the earth, I want to break it in my hands, I want to grow something wild and unruly"
Go to Top of Page

daffodil dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

805 Posts

Jayne
Hamilton Victoria
Australia
805 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2006 :  10:10:35 PM  Show Profile
Hi Talitha,
OK you've convinced me - count me in on this exchange! As I said, I had already read this but I didn't want to have any worried about the cost of posting to me in Australia. I think it sounds like so much fun and obviously everyone loved the first round.
Maybe you could also do a specific food - here we have a whole series of little cookbooks that are recipes collected from people about one food ie. lemons, apples, pumpkin, tomatoes. Personally, I have a huge lemon tree and can't collect enough lemon recipes - I also like pumpkin recipes. Just a thought.
I promise I won't send anyone a cookbook with kangaroo in it, although we do eat it!
I love the look of the gooseberry books - I've seen one before but we can't get them here. I love all the little drawings.
Looking foward to the exchange - now I just have to find the quintessential Australian cookbook!
Best wishes and keep dreaming,
Jayne
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2006 :  10:20:30 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Mella...I agree. I went to the website and was just drooling!! They seem so neat!! I have added them to my list!! lol my list is more like a book itself!!

Jayne, So glad to have you!!

As I have said, I will post the partner list Friday morning the 11th.
Hugz to All!!
Talitha

Go to Top of Page

daffodil dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

805 Posts

Jayne
Hamilton Victoria
Australia
805 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2006 :  10:44:22 PM  Show Profile
Hi again Talitha,
I just realised that a cookbook from me would have the weights in kilograms and the liquid measures in litres, requiring conversion when using recipes. If anyone thinks they would find this frustrating, then let Talitha know, I guess. Also, some ingredients we call different names, but once my partner had my email, they could just email to explain anything that they didn't know about.
I want to go to the shops right now and look around, but my little boy is having his afternoon sleep. I've looked through my shelves for some ideas, but I don't seem to have any Australian cookbooks. This will be fun - any excuse to cruise the book shops - I just hope I don't come home with more for me!!
Best wishes and keep dreaming,
Jayne
Go to Top of Page

MBurns
True Blue Farmgirl

1796 Posts

Marlene
Swisher IA
USA
1796 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2006 :  07:49:04 AM  Show Profile
I would like to join, Thanks. Marlene Burns
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2006 :  08:02:46 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Marlene, Great!! I had you on the list but wanted to make sure I understood correctly!! Look for your partner Friday the 11th!
Hugz!

Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2006 :  08:36:37 AM  Show Profile
Hi Buttercup....can't remember if I asked to be included this round, but please do include me. Thanks....Mella

mellaisbella "I wanna touch the earth, I want to break it in my hands, I want to grow something wild and unruly"
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2006 :  7:30:55 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Mella,
Yes you are on the list! Friday is partner day so peek back then!
Hugz!
Talitha

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 18 *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Cook Book Swap-SPRING 2009 PARTNER LIST POSTED!!!! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page