Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Barter™
 Cook Book Swap-SPRING 2009 PARTNER LIST POSTED!!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Cook Book Swap-SPRING 2009 PARTNER LIST POSTED!!!! Next Topic
Page: of 18

threebusybees
True Blue Farmgirl

222 Posts

Mandi
Myrtle Beach South Carolina
222 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2007 :  05:28:34 AM  Show Profile
Talitha,
Please add me to the list. I think a jams, jellies, pickles swap sounds lovely. Kinda a preserving the harvest swap! As a side note did you receive your magazine? Our snail mail is a little slower than slow! Mandi
Go to Top of Page

ShawnMarie
Farmgirl in Training

14 Posts

ShawnMarie
Dauphin PA
USA
14 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2007 :  06:09:49 AM  Show Profile  Send ShawnMarie an AOL message
Please add me too!!! Going to have lots from the garden to pickle etc.

Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is. - Oscar Wilde
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2007 :  07:14:01 AM  Show Profile
I want to take part again, too! Please add me!

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

kreativeblonde
True Blue Farmgirl

135 Posts

Amanda
Summerland Ca
USA
135 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2007 :  11:20:09 AM  Show Profile
Would love to be a part of this! Hopelessly addicted to cookbooks. Please add my name to the list.
Amanda.
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2007 :  8:15:22 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
A Big Warm Welcome...
to all that have joined in! Keep your eyes open for the partner list that I will post Friday morning April 20th to find out who your partner is! And we will go with Jams, Jellies, Preserves, n Pickles for this swap!

So happy hunting for that perfect cookbook to swap and watch for the list Friday!!
Hugz to All!
Talitha

Mandi, I sent you an e-mail!

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"
Go to Top of Page

kreativeblonde
True Blue Farmgirl

135 Posts

Amanda
Summerland Ca
USA
135 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2007 :  11:51:39 AM  Show Profile
Being new to this....I was wondering what the criteria is? New? Used?What's the price range, etc. The answer is probably in here somewhere, but it's at 19 pages and once I start reading all of the previous pages I forget what I was doing in the first place :-)
Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

mkmomus
True Blue Farmgirl

248 Posts

Merle
Greensboro NC
248 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2007 :  12:25:45 PM  Show Profile
I would like to do this too. I did not do the other one so I am not sure of the rules. Here's what I think. We each get a partner and we send them a cookbook on jams, jellies, preserves - is that right? I am guessing it does not have to be a new book.
I have lived in Greensboro, NC for 9 years but I am from upstate NY (Utica).
Thanks
Merle
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2007 :  12:31:03 PM  Show Profile
okey dokey..I'm in.
I sent you an email earlier Talitha.
Please add me.
Thanks, Tina

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~

Edited by - Tina Michelle on Apr 15 2007 2:19:58 PM
Go to Top of Page

beckels
True Blue Farmgirl

237 Posts

becky
warrington pa
USA
237 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2007 :  1:33:55 PM  Show Profile
Can you please add me to your list TAlitha!!

beckels

Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2007 :  10:36:52 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
So Sorry to be a bit slow answering questions, am not on much on the weekends!

There are no rules as to price, new or used, and you only swap with one person, so yes, you want to send a cookbook in very good like new condition on Jams, Jellies, Perserves, and Pickles to your partner which will be posted Friday morning (EST) April the 20th 2007 here on this thread. When you find out who your partner is you e-mail them your mailing address, and they should do the same. After this it is mailing time and surprize "oh goodie look what I got in the mail from my farmgirl friend" time!!

This swap list started on page 18 so all information is from page 18 on. Some people choose to swap with more then one person, but that is a personal choice and this swap is not set up that way. You only have to worry about one cookbook being sent to one person!

Hope this helps! If there are any more questions, please don't hesitate to ask here or e-mail me privately ( by clicking on my name at the far left side of my messages which will take you to my profile where you can choose to e-mail me)

Make sure you watch for the partner list Friday!

Hugz to All!
Talitha

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"
Go to Top of Page

EmmJay
True Blue Farmgirl

352 Posts

Mary Jane
Amherst Nova Scotia
Canada
352 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2007 :  4:19:25 PM  Show Profile
Hey Buttercup.......I was out today getting supplies for myself, and I already got a cookbook (one for myself too), and a little extra suprise for my partner. Hubby actually suggested it.
Oooooh, I can't wait......
MJ

"Thank GOD I'm a country girl"
http://s119.photobucket.com/albums/o134/EmmJay07/
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
living on Anne of Green Gables land
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2007 :  04:05:51 AM  Show Profile
Hubby and I were spring cleaning the cellar yesterday and we found dozens of mason jars!!!! I sure am ready to get pickling!!can't wait!

"learn to watch snails" SARK
Go to Top of Page

EmmJay
True Blue Farmgirl

352 Posts

Mary Jane
Amherst Nova Scotia
Canada
352 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2007 :  12:13:25 PM  Show Profile
Good for you Melanie. I was just given two boxes by a friend up the road. She does not do any pickles. I am getting really excited.
MJ

"Thank GOD I'm a country girl"
http://s119.photobucket.com/albums/o134/EmmJay07/
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2007 :  8:04:44 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Too Neat!! I get so excited too with these swaps!! It is so much fun getting together the perfect things and sending them off!!

MJ, That is wonderful!!! Isn't it exciting to do this? Since comming here I am totally hooked on swaps!! I love hunting for things and then waiting with sheer excitement to see if the person likes it and if it brightened their day! It makes me feel like a kid again!! ( Not that I ever really grew up! lol )

Melanie, that is awsome!! I so miss canning!! My canning supplies were too heavy to bring over due to weight limits and such, but one of the first things I am buying when I get back...canning supplies!! ( I gave mine away so they could be used by someone for the years I have been away, so will start from scratch when I get back except for my books, but that will be fun cuz I love to shop too!! ) Can't wait to hear all the yummie things everyone cans!!

Hugz to All!
Talitha

Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
living on Anne of Green Gables land
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2007 :  08:45:25 AM  Show Profile
Hooray!!! Is it time yet? Is it time yet? (I'll be like the child in the back seat.....are we there yet?) HA HAHa

"learn to watch snails" SARK
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2007 :  09:28:35 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Melanie,
You are too cute!! brought a smile to my face!!! Am off to bed ..its so late here...but no we aren't there yet...we will be soon!
Hugz!
Talitha

Go to Top of Page

BackyardTreasures
True Blue Farmgirl

189 Posts

Anne
Connecticut
USA
189 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2007 :  09:35:28 AM  Show Profile
Is it too late to join in? I hope not! I love to make jams and jellies and enter them in our state fair in September. I'd love to try some new recipes, so please add my name to the swap if it's not too late.

Thanks Talitha!

~~Anne

www.homesteadblogger.com/BackyardTreasures
Go to Top of Page

threebusybees
True Blue Farmgirl

222 Posts

Mandi
Myrtle Beach South Carolina
222 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2007 :  09:38:04 AM  Show Profile
Melanie I love Sark. I haven't read anything from her in years though. She trully is inspirational and so funny.

I'm excited about the swap too! I went to today to look for new books. Should we wait and see who our partners are and ask what canning books they already have? Or does that take the fun out of it. My first swap and all. I'm easy I only have one. DH cut me off until I am able to have a garden again our HOA is so strict. Anyway now I get one and no one can stop me!!

Mandi

" Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined. As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler " -Henry David Thoreau
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2007 :  09:44:21 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Anne,
Not at all, we are thrilled to have you and cut off is when I post the partner list Friday morning April 20th, so you are fine!

Mandi,
too cute!! And that is up to you! I know a lot of us shop/search/hunt one down before we know who are partner is, others of us wait and ask questions of our partners before we choose a book, so it is up to you!

Happy Hunting, not so happy waiting (would someone please give Melanie a snack she is getting impatient! ) We are almost there!!
Hugz!
Talitha

Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2007 :  06:40:49 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
WHOO HOOO!!!!!

Its swap partner time!!! IF there are any problems at all please email me privately and I will try to fix whatever it is so everyone can have a wonderful time!!! Remember to e-mail your partner your snail mail address, then .... LET THE SWAPS BEGIN!!!! Have fun!!
Hugz!
Talitha

Maryjane Lee with Buttercup
OhSoBlessed with Jpbluesky
Threebusybees with Beemoosie
ShawnMarie with KellyA
Kreativeblonde with MBurns
Mkmomus with EmmJay
Backyard Treasures with Mellaisbella
Tina Michelle with Daffodil Dreamer
Candismom with Beckels

Thank you all so much for joining in..that is what makes these fun!!! Hugz and Happy Swapping!!!

Go to Top of Page

Maryjane Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

2195 Posts

Maryjane
CA
USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2007 :  12:20:03 PM  Show Profile
Hi Talitha! Thanks so much for putting together this special cookbook swap!!!!! Sent you a email asking a couple questions and thanks for your email! What fun this is!

Hugs,
Maryjane Lee

A House Is A Home Where Love Dwells
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2007 :  5:21:56 PM  Show Profile
ohsoblessed - please email me. My computer will not let me email you! I look forward to swapping with you!
Jeannie

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

cinnamongirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1682 Posts

Carrie

Canada
1682 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2007 :  11:06:54 PM  Show Profile
bUMP
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2007 :  12:22:54 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Carrie,
This is a current list so no need for a bump...did you sign up and I missed you?? Am confused on why the bump... if there is anything you need please let me know!
Hugz!
Talitha

Go to Top of Page

KellyA
True Blue Farmgirl

237 Posts

Kelly
Johnsonville NY
USA
237 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2007 :  12:07:46 PM  Show Profile  Send KellyA an AOL message
Okay, so what the heck is a bump??????

Kelly

When a cookbook is in hand, life is good!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 18 *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Cook Book Swap-SPRING 2009 PARTNER LIST POSTED!!!! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page