Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Barter™
 Cook Book Swap-SPRING 2009 PARTNER LIST POSTED!!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Cook Book Swap-SPRING 2009 PARTNER LIST POSTED!!!! Next Topic
Page: of 18

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
living on Anne of Green Gables land
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2007 :  4:40:16 PM  Show Profile
Happy New Year All!!! Just wondering if there is another cook book swap coming anytime soon? I am going through new cookbook withdrawl!!!!:)

mellaisbella "I wanna touch the earth, I want to break it in my hands, I want to grow something wild and unruly"
Go to Top of Page

brightmeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

2045 Posts

Brenda
Lucas Ohio
USA
2045 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2007 :  4:57:36 PM  Show Profile
Oh, I haven't been keeping up with this topic, did I miss a swap? I'd like to be in the next round too please!

You shall eat the fruit of the labor of your hands - You shall be happy and it shall be well with you. -Psalm 128.2
Visit my blog at http://brightmeadowfarms.blogspot.com ,web site store at http://www.watkinsonline.com/fish or my homepage at http://home.earthlink.net/~brightmeadow
Go to Top of Page

daffodil dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

805 Posts

Jayne
Hamilton Victoria
Australia
805 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2007 :  9:14:59 PM  Show Profile
Hi all,
Jeannie, my cookbook is here! I got back from holidays and it had arrived while I was away. Thanks so much, I will have a good read through it tonight.
As for another swap, Talitha (buttercup) who has been organising these swaps has been offline for a long while for personal reasons, but I'm sure she wouldn't mind if we did another swap. I'm happy to post partners if you like. Just post if you are interested.
Best wishes,
Jayne
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2007 :  9:27:02 PM  Show Profile
I sure miss Talitha, I hope everything is well with her.

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
Go to Top of Page

daffodil dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

805 Posts

Jayne
Hamilton Victoria
Australia
805 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2007 :  10:25:16 PM  Show Profile
I miss Talitha too - I haven't had an email from her since end of October - I sent her a Christmas card but haven't heard anything. It is hard to know whether to email her or not. I hope she is OK.
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2007 :  06:33:25 AM  Show Profile
Jayne - yippee!!!!! It took so long, it was probably a let down to get it! But I am so happy it arrived, and I am so enjoying the one you sent. Yours was much more "elegant"! Anyway, I will do another swap, too! I even picked up a couple of good cookbooks over the holidays as I shopped the local bazaars, etc.

Ephesians 1:17
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2007 :  08:33:11 AM  Show Profile
add my name too please!!

mellaisbella "I wanna touch the earth, I want to break it in my hands, I want to grow something wild and unruly"
Go to Top of Page

brightmeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

2045 Posts

Brenda
Lucas Ohio
USA
2045 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2007 :  4:22:44 PM  Show Profile
Mellasisbella - I got your cookbook today for our "unofficial" swap! It is very nice, I am anxious to sit down and look through it tonight.

The post office marked the enveloped "Received at ZIP **** unsealed" I hope nothing was lost from the envelope!

Thank you so much for the lovely cookbook!

You shall eat the fruit of the labor of your hands - You shall be happy and it shall be well with you. -Psalm 128.2
Visit my blog at http://brightmeadowfarms.blogspot.com ,web site store at http://www.watkinsonline.com/fish or my homepage at http://home.earthlink.net/~brightmeadow
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2007 :  03:45:11 AM  Show Profile
Hey Brenda
Weird??? I am not sure why that happened as I usually put a lot of stickers on my packages.....anyway, In the envelope there was the cookbook and a little note. By the way....got your cookbook...Very cool!!! The write ups on the different restaurants is really neat. I am trying to decide which recipe to make....will decide today and get the ingredients when I am out shopping this week. Thanks again!!

"learn to watch snails" SARK
Go to Top of Page

daffodil dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

805 Posts

Jayne
Hamilton Victoria
Australia
805 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2007 :  11:58:00 PM  Show Profile
Hi Talitha,
Thanks so much for the books that arrived today. They are great - how did you know I was a Gooseberry Patch fan?! I got a few of their Christmas books from amazon when I was feeling like a treat for myself! And the pickling book is great - I didn't even know there were so many different types of Japanese pickles! So thanks again!
Best wishes,
Jayne
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2007 :  6:00:48 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Jayne,
You are so very very welcome and thank you so very much for being so sweet and waiting for SO long! I hope you enjoy them all and I hope they are something you don't have so you can really get use and enjoyment out of them!
Hugz!
Talitha

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2007 :  8:45:51 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Ok everybody ... I'm baaaackkkkk !
Thank you so much for your sweet messages and notes and thoughts through my icky time, it ment so very much! And Jayne thank you for being willing to do a list in my absense! (((Hugs))) to you for that! I wasn't even home for a large part of my absense, but everything is good now!

So who is up for another swap??? any theme ideas? let me know! I will be waiting to hear back from you all!
Hugz Always!
Talitha

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"
Go to Top of Page

Maryjane Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

2195 Posts

Maryjane
CA
USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2007 :  10:37:43 PM  Show Profile
Hi Talitha!

Thanks again for your sweet note and inviting me to the cookbook swap! I would LOVE to be a part of it! Just let me know what I do next! How fun!

FarmGirl Hugs,
Maryjane Lee

A House Is A Home Where Love Dwells
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2007 :  10:50:46 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Maryjane,
So glad to have you! I usually give about a week or so for everyone to get a chance to sign up. I will post a closing date and the date that I will post a partners list. When that list is posted you simply look to see who your partner is, e-mail them and swap your addresses and send that one person a cookbook and they will send one to you as well. I do not know the theme yet but after some imput we will choose one and you would simply send a cookbook that fits into the theme. Does this make sense? I hope so!

So keep watching for the closing date and partners list (should be within the next 2 weeks)!
Hugz!
Talitha

Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2007 :  06:48:10 AM  Show Profile
Oh boy I realized this swap is open again!
Just to be sure one partner and one cookbook, right??
If so, count me in!

My soul magnifies the Lord, And my spirit rejoices in God my Savior. Luke 1:46,47
www.beequilting.blogspot.com
http://beemoosie-picture-diary.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2007 :  08:02:40 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Yes Bonnie,
one partner and one cookbook! So glad to add your name!!
Hugz!
Talitha

Go to Top of Page

KellyA
True Blue Farmgirl

237 Posts

Kelly
Johnsonville NY
USA
237 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2007 :  09:42:18 AM  Show Profile  Send KellyA an AOL message
Okay, count me in again!
KELLY

When a cookbook is in hand, life is good!
Go to Top of Page

EmmJay
True Blue Farmgirl

352 Posts

Mary Jane
Amherst Nova Scotia
Canada
352 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2007 :  09:59:00 AM  Show Profile
ANOTHER cookbook?????
Please, make sure my name is on the list....
I am addicted to cookbooks.
MJ

"Thank GOD I'm a country girl"
http://s119.photobucket.com/albums/o134/EmmJay07/
Go to Top of Page

MBurns
True Blue Farmgirl

1796 Posts

Marlene
Swisher IA
USA
1796 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2007 :  10:39:40 AM  Show Profile
Count me in. Crock pot recipe books would be neat.
Go to Top of Page

Maryjane Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

2195 Posts

Maryjane
CA
USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2007 :  11:36:57 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Buttercup

Maryjane,
So glad to have you! I usually give about a week or so for everyone to get a chance to sign up. I will post a closing date and the date that I will post a partners list. When that list is posted you simply look to see who your partner is, e-mail them and swap your addresses and send that one person a cookbook and they will send one to you as well. I do not know the theme yet but after some imput we will choose one and you would simply send a cookbook that fits into the theme. Does this make sense? I hope so!

So keep watching for the closing date and partners list (should be within the next 2 weeks)!
Hugz!
Talitha

It makes sence to me! Can't wait! Thanks Bunches! Maryjane Lee

A House Is A Home Where Love Dwells
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2007 :  11:37:23 AM  Show Profile
HOORAY!!!! add me to the list pretty please. i have an idea for the swap.how about pickles, jams preserves since that season is aproaching!!! thanks, Melanie

"learn to watch snails" SARK
Go to Top of Page

EmmJay
True Blue Farmgirl

352 Posts

Mary Jane
Amherst Nova Scotia
Canada
352 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2007 :  2:06:11 PM  Show Profile
Yes, yes, I am in favor of Melanie's suggestion.....
MJ

"Thank GOD I'm a country girl"
http://s119.photobucket.com/albums/o134/EmmJay07/
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2007 :  7:04:09 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Yea!! we have a swap going!! Now we have two ideas so far; Jams, Jellies, Preserves, and Pickles, and then Crockpot recipes. I was thinking crockpot/one dish meal recipes would be wonderful, but more suited for the fall..what do you all think? Maybe we could do that for a fall exchange when warm food sounds yummie and just what we want??

I have an idea... let me know what you all think!
Since it is spring ( or supposed to be anyway ) and we are all in the "gardening/yummie food soon to grow" frame of mind, then in summer it is hot and we yearn for something cool and refreshing, then fall comes and the cold rains and blustry days and we want to have something warm and easy as we wrap up the harvest and summer time chores and such. Sooooooo I was thinking....

This swap, jams, jellies, preserves, pickles, etc.
Summer swap, salads and sandwiches and cold dishes
Fall, crockpot and soup/stew recipes

Of course in between and after we can do; Outdoor Entertaining ie Tea Parties or BBQ or Picnics, Cold Drinks or Cold Deserts or Punches, Cookies, Chocolate, Pies, Breads/baking, Regional, and of course a Holiday one

What do you all think? Just throwing ideas out there. Please let me know what appeals to you and what you all would enjoy as I try to guide this along! And thanks for making it so much fun!!

As far as sign ups and a partner list, I will leave it open until I post the partner list Friday morning April the 20th. Does this work for everyone? I sure hope so!

Hugz to All!
Talitha

Go to Top of Page

candismom
True Blue Farmgirl

560 Posts

Elizabeth

560 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2007 :  8:51:26 PM  Show Profile
Add me to the list. I love cook books,
Elizabeth

www.athomewithelizabeth.blogspot.com

May the Lord bless you and keep you.
Go to Top of Page

daffodil dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

805 Posts

Jayne
Hamilton Victoria
Australia
805 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2007 :  11:16:07 PM  Show Profile
Talitha,
I am up for another swap! Jams, jellies sounds great to me - you can never have too many of those books!
Count me in.
Best wishes,
Jayne
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 18 *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Cook Book Swap-SPRING 2009 PARTNER LIST POSTED!!!! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page