Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 How many scrapbookers have we got here?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic How many scrapbookers have we got here? Next Topic  

Whimsy_girl
True Blue Farmgirl

576 Posts

USA
576 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2006 :  11:22:20 AM  Show Profile
I have seen that we do have a couple people here that like to do that.. I liked the idea of a charm square swap, but Hal just got me a car (my very first one thats my own so exciting) So it will be a little while before I can afford my sewing machine (drat) I'll keep watching for a super cheap used one.. In the meantime I can throw together a scrapping project faster than hand stitching a square.. if any of the others of you are in the same boat or just think it would be fun, What do you think of a scrapbooking swap too?

We could each do a full blown page minus the photos, trade die cuts, or stickers, or make a special little tag and swap that.. we could do it by theme or season or leave it up to each individual to decide what they want to do... any takers?

B.

you can be oh so smart, or you can be oh so positive. I wasted a lot of time being smart I prefer being positive.

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2006 :  8:40:36 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Oh I would love too Bobbi!!
Let me know how you want to work it and how to "play" when you get it all figured out and count me in!!!
Thanks for the great idea!!

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"
Go to Top of Page

Whimsy_girl
True Blue Farmgirl

576 Posts

USA
576 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2006 :  10:28:42 PM  Show Profile
Ok then.. I think that once we get the ball rolling I'll have each of you send me your item we are trading, and once I have them all I will send them all off to everyone else, that way no one person is stuck waiting for their item... much like how they are doing it with the charm squares!

I think if each person sends along 1 extra unstuck stamp in the envelope, that would be helpful too.. (with all the mail art I do it seems like it wouldn't be a big deal but I always end up one stamp short and with the tots at the store I keep forgetting to get more so sometimes it takes a weeks for me to get my buns in gear to replenish my stamp stock)

Just as people start to respond let me know what you would like to start swapping first and we can go from there..

Thanks!!

Bobbi

you can be oh so smart, or you can be oh so positive. I wasted a lot of time being smart I prefer being positive.
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2006 :  4:30:47 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Are Bobbi and I the ONLY two scrappers in here? Does anyone else enjoy scrapbooking and would like to swap supplies or pages?

If not Bobbi, I am still more then happy to join you in a swap! I can get you papers and different little embelishments from here in Okinawa, Japan and you could send me scraps that are hard for me to get like old magazines and buttons ect (second hand or bargin shopping stuff) or we could swap a page. Let me know!

Hugz Til Next Time...

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2006 :  6:09:43 PM  Show Profile
I have to say, as much as I love the idea of scrapbooking, the thought of doing it stresses me out!! All that paper and stickers and cutters and pokey-things and brads and buttons - oh my! I just never hopped on that wagon. But what you are planning sounds like a good idea. I know you will have fun with it.

Karin
Go to Top of Page

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
in the Pandhandle of Idaho
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2006 :  10:15:30 AM  Show Profile
You know, I would love to learn how. Sometimes I try and I just sit in the chair for an hour trying to figure out what to do! Then I put the pictures away for another day and go get a cup of coffee or tea!! I guess I need to go to a scrapbooking class or shop and see what people are doing. I have two of Laura Child's scrapbooking mysteries that I'm reading and the scrapbooking sounds like another chance to be creative.

"You cannot find peace...by avoiding life."
Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page

lvg4him
Farmgirl in Training

34 Posts

Colorado
USA
34 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2006 :  10:17:06 AM  Show Profile
Well, I am a scrapper, but I do digital scrapbooking. My pages look so much better (because the kits are cheaper and I can use them over and over and over again - with paper scrapping, I was so frugal that my pages looked like a five year old had put them together). It is safer (Mommy, look, I unstuck all your pictures for you!) not to mention not having scissors all over the place. I can get a layout done SO MUCH FASTER (and time is VERY scarce here with four kids 6 years and under not to mention packing to move). I can print out a copy for each child to put in their own scrapbook (which they LOVE having and looking over and over and OVER again - whenever it is too quiet, I can be pretty sure they are looking at their scrapbook). It is VERY easy to get started and free too!! There are so many digital freebies to make your pictures look so nice. I can colorize a picture, shrink a picture, paint a picture --- all things that would cost bookoo (sp?) bucks but I learned how to do free a free online tutorial at DSP (link below).

You can see my online scrapbook:
http://lvg4him.digitalscrapbookplace.com
if you join, please let them know my username LVG4HIM. Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

Whimsy_girl
True Blue Farmgirl

576 Posts

USA
576 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2006 :  4:12:52 PM  Show Profile
I haven't forgotten about you Buttercup, I am just stalling to see if we have any more hits on this before we set up our individual swap.

Go to Top of Page

happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2006 :  8:53:30 PM  Show Profile
I'm a huge scrapbooker, but just don't have the time/space to do the swap right now, as much as I'd love to. My stuff is in my mil's basement (climate controlled and she has a dehumidifier, thank goodness) and I can't wait to be able to scrap again. You ladies have fun!

Some people search for happiness; others create it.

http://happymama58.typepad.com/my_weblog/
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2006 :  04:49:53 AM  Show Profile
I tried to get this going awhile back with only a one taker I think ( happymama58) who is busy building a house, so I might be interested but I'm confused in the swap, will it work round robin style where a box of goodies is sent to one person at a time to pick out of and send it on or will each of us get a page? Why pay shipping twice if we all send a page to you? Waiting for more details?

www.sageflowerfarm.blogspot.com

www.herbalfarmstead.blogspot.com

www.countrypleasures.motime.com
Go to Top of Page

lawsec03
True Blue Farmgirl

112 Posts

Melissa
Richmond KY
USA
112 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2006 :  06:24:18 AM  Show Profile
I think that scrapbooking would be great. I have never tried it, and don't know how I would be at it. I am so busy as it is, I don't know how I could keep up with it, but I just might have to check it out!

www.kaintuck.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic How many scrapbookers have we got here? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page