lawsec03
True Blue Farmgirl

112 Posts

Melissa
Richmond KY
USA
112 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2006 :  4:41:00 PM  Show Profile
I have had a great day! I started my own blog this morning. It is www.kaintuck.blogspot.com. I have never done a blog, and I don't have a gift for writing really interesting stuff, but I thought that it would be fun to have a blog and just get on there and ramble when the mood strikes.
Then, I found a fabric shop today across town that I didn't know was there, so I called them and they give craft classes. I just missed the jewelry class on Saturday. However, they have a basic sewing class on 7/29, where we make our own tote bags! This is reeeally big for me. Now, I can learn to sew a little and make my own tote, and all for $10, material included! That just tickles me to death.
I am also getting things set-up for my part-time Melaleuca business, I have a training call scheduled for tonight, and I am also going to do a little thing with a company called Candle decor and more. I won't make much money there, but what little I make, I can put into the Melaleuca business, or buy myself some craft lessons!
All in all, I guess, as usual, I am taking on too much. I have a tendency for doing that. But there is so much that I want to do, and I get excited and decide to do it all!

www.kaintuck.blogspot.com

cmandle
True Blue Farmgirl

846 Posts

Catherine
Minneapolis MN
846 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2006 :  5:51:56 PM  Show Profile
Way to go, Melissa! I can't wait to keep an eye on your blog. With so many cool Farmgirl Blogs and neat posts here, a girl could spend an entire day just reading on the computer! But there are so many other fun things to do...you're so right, Melissa. My Etsy shop list is multiplying - I'll be sure to send a farmgirl note out when it's ready!

Catherine
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2006 :  12:53:19 PM  Show Profile
Hi Melissa, I tried to leave a comment on your blog but it wouldn't do it, you might have to change some settings? Your blog looks good, I'm interesting in the home business, tell me more?

www.sageflowerfarm.blogspot.com

www.herbalfarmstead.blogspot.com

www.countrypleasures.motime.com
Go to Top of Page

lawsec03
True Blue Farmgirl

112 Posts

Melissa
Richmond KY
USA
112 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2006 :  06:22:56 AM  Show Profile
Sue, you did leave the comment. I have my settings set to be able to moderate the comments. I thought that I would do this, just in case someone decided to be nasty. I don't have much experience with blogs, so I wanted to do this temporarily, just to see if I run up on that problem. I sent you a couple e-mails, and since I have been doind tons of research. If you just want to chat with me first, to get the details, we can do that by e-mail or phone, whichever is easier, or we can do the calls that I mentioned. Just let me know if you are interested.
Catherine, I agree with you about spending all day just reading things from this site alone. I am having that problem. I am trying to get this business started up, adding on a few smaller businesses that might make enough money to fund anything extra I do with the main one, researching all this stuff, keeping up with e-mail, and making sure that I come here, because I love it here so much, whew! not enough time!

www.kaintuck.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2006 :  11:53:21 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Melissa, I got both emails and will read them here shortly! I understand why you would want to moderate your comments, but I have had nothing but good comments on mine, people are really ok in cyberland! lol I'll be emailing you soon.

www.sageflowerfarm.blogspot.com

www.herbalfarmstead.blogspot.com

www.countrypleasures.motime.com
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Craft class and blogs Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page