Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Mini Scrapbooking Album
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Mini Scrapbooking Album Next Topic
Page: of 3

sunflowercritters
True Blue Farmgirl

1102 Posts

Debra
Springfield Maine
USA
1102 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2011 :  03:53:44 AM  Show Profile
My daughter is here visiting with me and she showed me a cute mini scrapbooking album. It is just the cutest album ever. Here is a picture! But was wondering if any other farmgirls have other idea's for a scrapbook album? What a nice gift to give to others.

I Thessalonians 5:16,17
Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

Deb-farmgirl sister #462
http://sunflowercritters.blogspot.com/
Be like a Sunflower, Turn your Face to the Son.

Edited by - sunflowercritters on Apr 23 2011 04:11:50 AM

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2011 :  06:48:45 AM  Show Profile
Oh! Debra! I LOVE it! What a wonderful album! Such adorable boys!!!

I happen to LOVE making mini scrapbook albums! Here are pics of one I made for Star last year when I was her Secret Santa:

Of course, she would have added her own pictures, journalling and mementos, but I think you get the idea! I made it out of a manilla folder, folded in half lengthwise. I made pockets in between the folds, and added the tags so that she could add even more pictures inside! She can stand it on a table for display, or fold it up, close it with the velcro and tie it with the bow to carry with her or store away. It's one of my favorites! I also made a cute mitten shaped album for the Christmas swap, but I don't have time to post pics right now! My Mom and I are on our way out for tea!!!

I can't wait to see what everyone else has done! I just love these mini albums, and think they make pretty neat gifts! I make them out of paper bags quite often, too... Such fun!!!

Have a blessed Easter!

Hugs -

Nini

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Edited by - Ninibini on Apr 23 2011 06:50:04 AM
Go to Top of Page

sunflowercritters
True Blue Farmgirl

1102 Posts

Debra
Springfield Maine
USA
1102 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2011 :  5:10:58 PM  Show Profile
Oh! that is so cute too.. hope others post pictures so we can see other mini scrapbooks.

Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

Deb-farmgirl sister #462
Go to Top of Page

sunflowercritters
True Blue Farmgirl

1102 Posts

Debra
Springfield Maine
USA
1102 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2011 :  5:14:01 PM  Show Profile
Nini,
Would you share the pattern with me? Would love to try one of those as well the mitten one. That sounds really cute as well.

Deb-farmgirl sister #462
Go to Top of Page

CMac
True Blue Farmgirl

1074 Posts

Connie
Ashland City TN
USA
1074 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2011 :  5:31:47 PM  Show Profile
So nice! I'm a sucker for pretty paper. This looks like a project that is a size I would enjoy making.
Connie

"I have three chairs in my house: one for solitude, two for friendship, three for company."
Author: Henry David Thoreau
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2011 :  6:33:55 PM  Show Profile
Hi girls! Deb - I don't have a pattern "per se..." I had seen it on t.v. on one of those DIY programs called, "Paint, Paper and Crafts," with Sloane Payne-Rutter. Here is the link to her program site on Create TV: http://www.createtv.com/CreateProgram.nsf/vProgramsByNola/PPCF? Honestly, I didn't ever copy the pattern down, because it was so easy. The lady used a 12 x 12 scrapbook file folder, but since I didn't have any of those, I just used her technique, changing to fit the manilla folders I had on file. I just went to their site to figure out which show it was... I think it actually might have been #133 "Tic, Tac, Tag," because I vaguely remember the guest using dots and stripes paper, but I honestly don't remember. It also may have been #119 "Painting, Coloring & Scrapbooking..." I honestly can't remember!! Isn't that awful!? You know what - if you'd like, after the holiday, I'll sit down and figure out the measurements and come up with some sort of discernable instructions for you, okay? :) It was super easy to do - just a lot of measuring and folding before the fun part: DECORATING!!!

The mitten one was actually created using a pre-shaped chipboard mitten album I found on ebay. I just used the shape of the chipboard as a template for my background papers, and then decorated - super easy peasy! :) The picture and journaling spaces were really small, but it came out kind of cute, I think:

To hold it together, I just tied it up with a sparkly red and white stripey ribbon!

I'm a sucker for pretty paper, too, Connie! I have waaaaaaay too much here, but you know, I always have just the right paper whenever I'm in need! I think this is just so much fun to do, and soooo therapeutic. Just give me a theme and I'm ready to go! :) Whenever I make these books, it makes me long even more to have another child - how fun it would be to have my own little girl to share this craft with! Well... it's okay - I don't mind sharing with my farmgirl sisters! :)

I'd better go - the oven timer's buzzin'.

Have a blessed Easter girls - I'll try to pull together a pattern for you very soon!

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Edited by - Ninibini on Apr 23 2011 6:38:38 PM
Go to Top of Page

edlund33
True Blue Farmgirl

1507 Posts

Marilyn
Renton WA
USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2011 :  3:09:15 PM  Show Profile
What fun ideas for sharing pictures! Thanks for sharing!

Cheers! ~ Marilyn

Farm Girl No. 1100

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

sunflowercritters
True Blue Farmgirl

1102 Posts

Debra
Springfield Maine
USA
1102 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2011 :  4:06:36 PM  Show Profile
Nini,
Oh! How beautiful the mitten is! Yes I can see it would be very easy to make. Thank you for showing a picture. I'm a visural person.
Hope other farmgirls that mini scrap book will share there creations.

Deb-farmgirl sister #462
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2011 :  5:57:49 PM  Show Profile
Nini would you mind sharing instructions with all of us???? Please! I love it, anything to do with paper, I have fun with.Thanks for sharing, Brenda

http:///www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2011 :  10:16:43 PM  Show Profile
LOVE them all. SO pretty...

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

http://pinkprincessdecorating.blogspot.com/
Almost daily updates on me, my home and my crafts

Farmgirl sister # 2410
Go to Top of Page

alterationsbyemily
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Emily
Chambersburg PA
USA
694 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2011 :  7:09:51 PM  Show Profile
My mom made one for my grandparents in September, it was really beautiful. It was the 9 x9 little mini album

---
Farmgirl #2951
Currently renting-farmgirl wannabe
Go to Top of Page

sunflowercritters
True Blue Farmgirl

1102 Posts

Debra
Springfield Maine
USA
1102 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2011 :  6:39:57 PM  Show Profile
Emily,
Could you post a picture of it?

Deb-farmgirl sister #462
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2011 :  6:46:31 PM  Show Profile
Hi girls! I haven't forgotten about you. I was going to just type out the instructions, but I think it'll be easier if I do step-by-step pictures, so please bear with me a little bit longer!

Yes! Emily! Please post pics!!!

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2011 :  8:49:59 PM  Show Profile
Okay, girls - here goes. Please bear with the EXTREMELY rough folding and measuring, okay? I just wanted to get some pictures to help you visualize the process! ;)

Take a standard file folder:

Open it up:

Fold it in half lengthwise.

Make sure you tighten the fold with a bone folder (I use a rubber scraper, believe it or not - that's all I have! LOL!):

Open the file again. This time, fold the file in half widthwise, making sure one end meets the other (leave the tab free).

From the folded position, fold one half back on itself. Crease.

Flip the file over and fold the other half back on itself. Crease.

Open folder. See all the rectangles??? They should be fairly even in size!

Measure the inside of one rectangle. My measurements are approximate.

Width is about 4 3/8".

Length is about 5 7/8".

At this point, you'll want to cut 8 pieces of decorative paper about 4 1/2" wide by 5 3/4" long (a little shorter than the length and width of each rectangle), and adhere them to the outside of the file (dark pink side, here), as the base papers for each outside rectangle. Don't worry that one end square will go past the curve - it's okay. When everything's assembled, you won't see any of that. You also shouldn't worry about the tab sticking out - we're going to cut that off at the end. Trust me. (Famous last words, no?)

Now, after you adhere those decorative squares to the outside of the album, go ahead and fold the folder back up lengthwise, then, leaving it folded up, fold the outside ends outward. I don't know how else to explain it, but maybe these pics will help:

See how there is light pink showing on the right end of the album above? You won't see that once the outsides are covered with paper... Check out Star's album!

Hint: If you're not using a colored file folder, you may want to color in or "chalk" the edges of the file around your decorative paper BEFORE adhering the decorative paper. Again, you can see where I did this back on Star's album, above.

So, now you have all the full-sized decorative papers on the outside.

At this point, you'll want to cut 4 rectangles out of decorative paper. This will show on the inside of the pocket, as shown a little later on. You'll want the papers to be about 3" long and about 1/4" less in width. In this case, mine is cut 4 1/8"

Adhere each of the smaller rectangles in the middle of each folded rectangle (one shown). Again, when complete, this paper will be your "background" for each pocket.

Now, for the curved pocket edges. Flip over to the edge opposite those covered with the smaller inside background papers. Measure halfway in the middle of each pocket, and draw a line about 1 1/2" down. I positioned a can of pumpkin (organic, of course!) so that it was centered at the edge of each of the rectangles (about 5/8" in on either side), and so that the middle of the rounded part met the end of the 1 1/2" mark:

Then cut out each semicircle:

Next, flip the folder around again, and add adhesive close to the very edge of each fold AND to the very outside edge of the folder, as shown. Note that there is a white piece of paper sticking out on the left end. That would be the underside of the outside decorative paper:

Now when you fold up the cut edge, press down very firmly where the adhesive lies.

You'll see the pockets are formed, and your decorative papers should cover the "loose end" as mentioned above! :)

Now for the tags for the pockets. You would cut cardstock rectangles about 4 - 4 1/8" wide (just a little smaller than the inside of the rectangle so it won't touch the adhesive!), and 5 7/8" long (so it hits the bottom of the pocket. For demonstration purposes, I used a notecard, which is a little bit smaller than these measurements.

Next, you take the semicircles you cut out and "slide" the top of the card between the cardstock and decorative paper, making the top of the tags. Remember - you had covered the outside of the rectangle with decorative paper before cutting the semicircle, so you'll have two pieces back to back that you can slide your cardstock rectangle into! This will give you four pre-cut tag tops. Just make sure you center the semicircles on the top of the rectangles, so they will be in the center of the pockets when you place the tag in the pocket. YOUR tag top will probably be smaller than the tag itself since I've only used a small index card here. See the tags in Star's album above as a reference.

You'll make four tags this way, one for each pocket. Slide the tag in, as shown. :)

Finally, cut off the tab that's sticking out on the end. I actually didn't do this on Star's album, but the flap I made on hers was a bugger to get to stay down, so I suggest you just cut it off.

When you're done, decorate any way you like, and then tie the whole thing together with a ribbon! Voila! Easy peasy, and really, really cute! The thing I especially like about this album is that you'll end up having 12 "pages" to decorate - eight on the outside of the album, and eight on either side of the four tags! That means, if you do this as a baby album/gift - you can decorate for each month of the baby's first year!!!

'Hope these directions and pics are helpful! Please let me know if you have any questions!

Happy scrapbooking!!!

Hugs,

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Edited by - Ninibini on Apr 29 2011 8:51:37 PM
Go to Top of Page

sunflowercritters
True Blue Farmgirl

1102 Posts

Debra
Springfield Maine
USA
1102 Posts

Posted - May 02 2011 :  6:49:19 PM  Show Profile
how cute that is Nini! Thank you for sharing your master piece.Love it.

Deb-farmgirl sister #462
Go to Top of Page

Joey
True Blue Farmgirl

1868 Posts

Joey
Gulf Coast FL
USA
1868 Posts

Posted - May 02 2011 :  7:06:03 PM  Show Profile
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!! I'm not too good with thinking things up but I can follow a pattern and "make it my own". Nini, you made this so easy. Thank you so much for the pics and the detailed directions. Your books are fabulous! You are very talented and I appreciate all the time you spent doing these directions and putting the pics up for us to see. BIG hug, Joey

Well behaved women rarely make history.
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - May 02 2011 :  7:12:51 PM  Show Profile
Nini you did an excellent presentation on making the mini scrapbook. You are a very talented lady. Thank you so much for sharing. Hugs,Brenda

http:///www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - May 02 2011 :  9:10:53 PM  Show Profile
Awwww... you girls are too sweet! You're SO welcome! I'm not super talented, honest! Like you said Joey, if I can see it, I can make it!!! Give me an idea to work with and I definitely make it my own! We all can do this, really! It's soo simple! I wish I could've saved space and just typed the instructions for you, but when it comes to crafting I'm just a super-duper visual person, you know? I sure would LOVE to see projects you all make, too! How fun that we can all share ideas like this!! :) Hugs and love to you all! - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - May 02 2011 :  10:22:04 PM  Show Profile
NINI!! You are the bomb, lol. Love the tute, and hope to make one someday....after my vacation lol.

Hugs

Farmgirl sister # 2410
Go to Top of Page

LeighErica
True Blue Farmgirl

306 Posts

Erica
PA
USA
306 Posts

Posted - May 03 2011 :  06:47:07 AM  Show Profile
Nini, what a great idea....I am going to have to try that very soon!! Your little books and tags bundled together are so unique. Cute, cute, cute....thanks for sharing, Erica
Go to Top of Page

smiley
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

lea
pea ridge arkansas
USA
650 Posts

Posted - May 03 2011 :  8:12:48 PM  Show Profile
Thank you. I cant wait to try this.
Go to Top of Page

MaggieMB
True Blue Farmgirl

217 Posts

Mary
western Pa
217 Posts

Posted - May 03 2011 :  8:30:33 PM  Show Profile
Nini, your mini albums are adorable! Thanks so much for posting instructions! I love scrapbooking, too, and love making little books. MaggieMB
Go to Top of Page

MaggieMB
True Blue Farmgirl

217 Posts

Mary
western Pa
217 Posts

Posted - May 03 2011 :  9:01:02 PM  Show Profile
These are pictures of some little scrapbooks that I made from lunch bags, for friends. The inside pages have places for pictures and journaling, such as tags, pockets, etc. MaggieMB
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - May 03 2011 :  9:08:39 PM  Show Profile
These are very lovely Mary :)

Farmgirl sister # 2410
Go to Top of Page

MaggieMB
True Blue Farmgirl

217 Posts

Mary
western Pa
217 Posts

Posted - May 03 2011 :  9:27:51 PM  Show Profile
Thanks, Marian! That's so sweet! MaggieMB
Go to Top of Page

debbies journey
True Blue Farmgirl

635 Posts

debbie
anchorage ak
USA
635 Posts

Posted - May 03 2011 :  10:16:13 PM  Show Profile
Wonderful, thanks for sharing!
Debbie
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Mini Scrapbooking Album Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page