Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Mini Scrapbooking Album
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Mini Scrapbooking Album Next Topic
Page: of 3

Joey
True Blue Farmgirl

1868 Posts

Joey
Gulf Coast FL
USA
1868 Posts

Posted - May 03 2011 :  10:48:20 PM  Show Profile
I want to know how I get this talent..do I just shake their hand..osmosis? telepathy? Something bestowed by the fairies? What? I want to do this too. Just quit my day job and do this instead...ah, back to reality. These are wonderful. Thanks for sharing and making it easy to at least TRY to make something kool. Thanks so much. Joey

Well behaved women rarely make history.
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - May 04 2011 :  03:42:35 AM  Show Profile
Mary your journals are just adoreable! Would love to see the inside pages! You've done a beautiful job!!

http:///www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

LeighErica
True Blue Farmgirl

306 Posts

Erica
PA
USA
306 Posts

Posted - May 04 2011 :  07:19:45 AM  Show Profile
I have a journal I made for my first Mail Art design I created, but didn't send it because I wasn't confident enough to share that part of my life with someone else. But, after seeing everyone else's designs, I have decided to share a few pictures of my first (and only at this point)handmade journal. Basically, I just glued heavy, heavy cardstock together to make pages and made holes for the binding and decorated the pages with 3 concepts, Colorado, Spring, and being a Farmgirl. Here is just a peek at what I did.
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - May 04 2011 :  07:40:27 AM  Show Profile
Erica, thank you so much for sharing your talents with us, I truely enjoyed seeing it. Also, I want to thank you, Debra for starting this forum on mini albums. This has been fun seeing what everyone puts together. I had a question, what did your daughter use for the outside panels of her album? It seemed to be thicker that cardstock.

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - May 04 2011 :  07:48:41 AM  Show Profile
Mary! Erica! BEAUTIFUL WORK!!! I love them!!!

Where do you girls get your ephemera from??? I love what you've used! I try to find as much as I can in the form of free downloads online, but I also have a cd of images I purchased through ebay.

Mary - I just love Shereschnitte... Your books are so pretty! I am definitely not talented enough to do that so I bought a cartridge for my Cricut to help me. Have you ever seen the beautiful framed images in Barbara Ann's at the mall - black images on parchment backgrounds, matted and framed? They cost a fortune! I'm just going to make them myself this summer - the cartridge I bought has SO many neat images, that I'll be able to change the framed images seasonally. I can't wait to give it a whirl!

I love your pics, too, Erica! Such beautiful scenery! And that picture of the tractor - WOW! LOVE IT!!! I love all your pages, but the tractor page is my favorite - especially the image of the farmgirl and the "Little Sunshine" journalling tag with the chickens!!

Marian - thank you! I hope you DO make one - it's super easy! What a great keepsake that will be of your trip! :)

I'm inspired! I won't be able to get back into papercrafting until homeschool is over - just a little while longer; but you sure both have really got my creative juices flowing!

Counting the days... Counting the days...

Hugs -

Nini

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Farmgirl Sister #1974
Go to Top of Page

MaggieMB
True Blue Farmgirl

217 Posts

Mary
western Pa
217 Posts

Posted - May 04 2011 :  5:42:49 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for the compliments! You girls are the best! Brenda, I didn't take any pictures of the inside pages, just didn't think of it. Erica, I LOVE your scrapbook/journal! Every page is a beautiful work of art! What a wonderful keepsake!
Nini, Those images aren't hand cut. Thank goodness for the Cricut! I will have to check out Barbara Ann's next time I am at the mall. I don't shop as much as I used to, but now you've got my interest! Hmmm... I have parchment paper and a Cricut...Lol! As for your question about ephemera, I get some free downloads online, copy vintage post cards, or sometimes copy pictures from old books. Also, I use stuff that the scrapbooking companies sell. Thanks, again, for posting that tutorial. I'd love to try and make one! MaggieMB Farmgirl#2594
Go to Top of Page

LeighErica
True Blue Farmgirl

306 Posts

Erica
PA
USA
306 Posts

Posted - May 04 2011 :  6:08:28 PM  Show Profile
Ladies, thanks for the compliments!!! I don't have a Cricut, but would love to have one. There is also a similar machine out there called the Sillouhette that seems a bit cheaper and can do almost the same things. I don't download any of my diecuts from the internet or cd's either. My stash has built up over years of just collecting paper and packs of die cuts. Today I bought a pack of diecuts at Micheals that was 50% off. I am not sure what I will use them for yet, but I like to have a variety of pretties on hand for Mail Art, my cards and other stuff. I also have a subscription to Paper Crafts magazine and will purchase books about crafting for inspiration. Never do I throw them away, but I have been known to pass them on to other gals for use. My next venture will be to either take a class at a craft store or do something online to learn a new skill with crafting. You all are so talented...I love seeing what you all create...it is fun to see our different styles:) Erica;)
Go to Top of Page

sunflowercritters
True Blue Farmgirl

1102 Posts

Debra
Springfield Maine
USA
1102 Posts

Posted - May 04 2011 :  6:21:15 PM  Show Profile
My daughter used cereal boxes for the front and back then covered them with scrap booking paper..very rugged. Love all your pictures and great idea's. Keep them coming and please continue to post pictures for us to see. Happy mini scrapbooking albums..

I Thessalonians 5:16,17
Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

Deb-farmgirl sister #462
http://sunflowercritters.blogspot.com/
Be like a Sunflower, Turn your Face to the Son.
Go to Top of Page

MaggieMB
True Blue Farmgirl

217 Posts

Mary
western Pa
217 Posts

Posted - May 04 2011 :  6:47:25 PM  Show Profile
Cereal boxes! That is amazing! She did such a wonderful job- Another great idea to borrow!
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - May 04 2011 :  7:06:59 PM  Show Profile
Hi girls! Thank you for the information!

Yes! Thank GOODNESS for Cricut, Mary! I love mine so much! I had the Expression, but sold that and replaced it with the Cricut Imagine! I LOVE it because I can print my own paper OR print my own die cuts from the cartridges. It's SO versatile! I used it quite a bit!

Deb - that's SUCH a great idea! We don't buy boxed cereal, but we do have a few other boxed things in the cupboard... what a fantastic way to recycle! I'm going to have to start saving the boxes! I bet we could use them as a base for chipboard letters and other decorative embellishments, too! I'm really excited about this! Thank you for sharing!!!

If you all would like to check out some different tutorials, you can visit my CTMH website below. There are two links to the left: CTMH TV, where you can see "live" demonstrations of different papercrafing projects and techniques; and the Workshop on the Go tab will bring you to pictures and instructions for other projects. You don't need to buy the products to make the goodies - you probably all have PLENTY of your own stash and tools that you can use. It's just so great, though to learn all the tips and techniques, and all the cool things we can do with papercrafting in that "live" step-by-step format. If you liked my little "tute" as Marian called it (love that!), I know you are going to love the video tutorials available on the site. The demos are free to all visitors, and they add new ones from time to time, so please stop by to check things out whenever you like! Once I get back in the swing here over the next couple of weeks, I'll be posting pics of some of the projects I'm doing, too - I just haven't had the chance to do that yet. If you ever see a project that I do and would like the pattern and instructions, just let me know and I'll definitely share! Not a problem at all! :) I will say, though, if you're looking for project books, Erica, then the How-To program books in the Shop area of the site can't be beat - I have five out of the six and use them all the time. The thing I like is that they give you one pattern to use and show you various examples of different looks with that pattern as a base. To me, they're absolutely indispensable!

Well, I'd better go... I'm so excited, I'm going to see what boxes I have in my cupboards to use with my next project! I bet I can use my Cricut to cut out some really great chipboard pieces! COOL!!!

Thanks and hugs and please keep sharing, girls!

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

www.papercraftingwithnini.myctmh.com

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - May 04 2011 :  9:59:15 PM  Show Profile
LOL! Oh my gosh! I am such a nut!

I didn't realize, but that mini album video I told you about? It's on my website! I just signed up with CTMH yesterday, and my foster daughter and I were just looking at the videos together online and voila! There the project is!!! Here ya go - real time project instructions:

http://papercraftingwithnini.myctmh.com/MyCTMH/CTMHTV.aspx?url=/en/sitecore/content/CTMHControls/CTMHTV/Channels/PBS/TrueFit Folio Mini Album/MyCTMH.aspx

Just go down to the PBS webisodes and click on True Fit Folio Mini Album and you can see the video.

Honestly - I had no idea it was even on there! What a goob I am! LOL!!!

ENJOY! - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Edited by - Ninibini on May 04 2011 10:00:52 PM
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - May 04 2011 :  10:09:11 PM  Show Profile
Nini love your site, will go back when I have more time to really look through it all. Thanks for sharing. Hugs,Brenda

Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - May 04 2011 :  10:15:15 PM  Show Profile
Nini, Yes that is what I plan to do...make one of my trip :) I almost finished the fabric journal I made about my Family and the paper one I made for my brother. I will try to make pics again when they are both ready :)

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

http://pinkprincessdecorating.blogspot.com/
Almost daily updates on me, my home and my crafts

Farmgirl sister # 2410

Edited by - dutchy on May 04 2011 10:28:49 PM
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - May 04 2011 :  10:27:40 PM  Show Profile
OMG I just looked at the tute (LOL)video Nini, LOVE that . NOW I know I AM going to make one or more haha. JUST need to see if I can find those folder thingies here somewhere. I am going to buy stickers etc in Thailand...they have BEAUTIFUL stuff there yummo.......
I don't have a Cricut or some other nifty machine, so will have to cut all by hand....but that is oke lol. HAS to be haha

Farmgirl sister # 2410

Edited by - dutchy on May 04 2011 10:32:27 PM
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - May 04 2011 :  11:01:09 PM  Show Profile
Marian I just get such joy out of your post. I can just feel your excitement. Wouldn't it be fun if we all were together scrapin'. At least we can share here with each other. Hugs,Brenda

Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - May 04 2011 :  11:07:14 PM  Show Profile
AAWW Thanks Brenda, lol. Yes I AM excited about starting one of those. It would be awesome if we could scrap together, haha. Think about the FUN we would have

Farmgirl sister # 2410
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - May 04 2011 :  11:09:16 PM  Show Profile
Brenda - I'm so glad you like the site! There's so many great ideas and tips and tricks to learn there! Enjoy at your leisure - no rush - it's not going anywhere! :)

Marian - if I can cut anything for you on my Cricut, I'll be happy to do so! Just let me know! I can share a folio file folder, too... Just think of it as a "welcome back, girlie - now get crackin' and make that album so we can see it" gift! LOL!

When are you going away? When will you be back? You must be SO excited! I'm so happy you'll be seeing your brother! I know you've missed him so much!

Well, enjoy the "tutes," toots! Er, huh... I mean, toots-ies! :)

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - May 04 2011 :  11:15:59 PM  Show Profile
NINI, girl you are awesome :) I can use anything you're willing to share ;) lol since I don;t have the nifty machine, they are SO expensive so will never get one I am afraid duh...but that is fine (has to be haha)

I am leaving June 2nd (if all works out for brother, or else June 3rd) and will be back July 4th so a WHOLE month together with my brother and his partner :) Yup it will be great to see him and I miss him SO much...sometimes it hurts but then I mail him....and when I see he read my mails I know all is fine. He is not a big "writer-backer" unfortunately but as long as I see he read my mails...I am a "happy camper"

Farmgirl sister # 2410
Go to Top of Page

Joey
True Blue Farmgirl

1868 Posts

Joey
Gulf Coast FL
USA
1868 Posts

Posted - May 05 2011 :  05:25:15 AM  Show Profile
All of these pages are beautiful and such fun! Thank you for sharing. I really enjooy the pictures and embelishments. What a GREAT job. Makes me want to skip work today and just play..I won't though. I just get very little time to play these days and miss it. What little I do keeps me (relatively )sane. Joey

Well behaved women rarely make history.
Go to Top of Page

LeighErica
True Blue Farmgirl

306 Posts

Erica
PA
USA
306 Posts

Posted - May 05 2011 :  06:29:10 AM  Show Profile
Nini, Congratulations on your new venture as the CTMH consultant...how fun:) I already purchase items from a friend who is a consultant though...so sorry, but I know how exciting and fun doing stuff like that can be. You will be amazing at it:)

Joey, I was just talking to CJ about spending so much time being busy with life, and not enough time to create...so I actually have stopped doing all this moving, cleaning, scheduling and living stuff...and sat down at my table and just got lost creating....it is the best therapy:)

Enjoying reading the posts on this thread alot..we have a bunch of creative gals for sure:) Erica
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - May 05 2011 :  07:03:11 AM  Show Profile
Erica I just had a talk with DH and I too am going to set aside a few hours of crafting time everyday. It's a good stress relief for me. And I do love making beautiful art. DH will man my phone calls while I am creating. Hope to start next week on my mini album. Have a good and fun day everyone. Hugs,Brenda

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - May 05 2011 :  07:42:35 AM  Show Profile
No problem, Marian! Happy to do it! How about when you return from your trip, just email me and let me know what you're looking for - color, images, etc., and then I'll go through my cartridges and see what I can come up with for you. Maybe I'll just direct you to the Cricut site so you can see which cartridges and images I have, and then you can just pick and choose - how does that sound? :)

If anyone else would like me to do diecuts for you, just let me know! :) 'Happy to do it for you!

Thanks, Erica! I'm so glad you know about CTMH! Then you know about the books - they're AWESOME! :) Truly, I just really, really want everyone to have access to the "how to" videos, because they are SO great - just so many things to learn, and so little free time to do so! LOL! Lord knows we all probably have HUGE stashes of stuff-in-waiting already! :)

I know what you all mean about setting time aside for creativity! That's what I love so much about some of the artsy swaps we have going on the Farmgirl Connection - they give me a reason to set aside a few hours to create. It's extremely therapeutic, don't you think? I'm just really glad that baseball season has started. My guys have partial season's tickets so most weedends of the summer I can count on one night aaaalllll to myself, dedicated to chick flicks and papercrafting! LOL! I can't wait! Let the creative juices flow! :)

Happy day to all!

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - May 05 2011 :  07:54:42 AM  Show Profile
GOOD idea Nini, thank you so much :)

Farmgirl sister # 2410
Go to Top of Page

Phirefly
Farmgirl in Training

36 Posts

Stacy
Damascus new brunswick
Canada
36 Posts

Posted - May 21 2011 :  5:50:33 PM  Show Profile

I am working on these. I have the base albums done and this week will cover them and fill them with fun tags ect..
Stacy
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - May 21 2011 :  6:06:31 PM  Show Profile
How COOL, Stacy! I had purchased a small Scottie-shaped album to finish for one of the farmgirls, but haven't gotten around to it yet - I'll be looking to YOU for inspiration! Can't wait to see your finished albums! You GO girl! Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Mini Scrapbooking Album Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page