Dorinda
True Blue Farmgirl

1023 Posts

Dorinda
St. Cloud Florida
USA
1023 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2011 :  1:05:39 PM  Show Profile
Been having some knee problems. So I started water arobics down at the city pool. Well they call it aqua fit here. Someone told me it was good for knee problems. Do you know if this is true? I went last night at 6 oclock. My knees seem to be hurting worse now.

Seize The Day!
Dorinda

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2011 :  3:15:53 PM  Show Profile
Dorinda~ I have done water aerobics before and have had back issues. The key is to take it slowly and work within your comfort zone. If the water in the pool is alittle on the cool side it sems to bother me more. A really warm soak seems to help afterwards!

~ Elaine
"Be the change you wish to see in the world." - Gandhi

Farmgirl sister #2882
http://embchicken.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

nut4fabric
True Blue Farmgirl

885 Posts

Kathy
Morgan Hill CA
USA
885 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2011 :  08:02:22 AM  Show Profile
Dorinda Did you wear shoes? I did water aerobics for many years and loved it but had to wear good water shoes or it played hell with my ankles so your knees could be the same. It is great exercise.
Kathy
Go to Top of Page

blackfell_farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

96 Posts

Casey
Chandler AZ
USA
96 Posts

Posted - May 10 2011 :  09:15:06 AM  Show Profile  Click to see blackfell_farmgirl's MSN Messenger address  Send blackfell_farmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Hello Dorinda and Elaine!

My Grandmother does Water Yoga, which she LOVES! I had the opportunity over Christmas too do that with her a few time and I too recommend water shoes. When I started Phys Therapy, I got worse before I got better. Your body is just adjusting to the exercise. If you can stick with it for a few more weeks and baby the knee at little, I bet you see improvement! Good luck!

blackfell_farmgirl

HorseCrazy!
Go to Top of Page

Roxy7
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Robin
Denver CO
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - May 10 2011 :  8:45:51 PM  Show Profile
It often helps to use the foam barbells or one of the foam belts to help you float. You can go into deeper water for less impact. Start slow and dont do too many moves that you couldnt do on dry ground. Warm up and stretch slowly at the end.
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Water Arobics? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page