Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise
 The next issue of MJF
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise: Previous Topic The next issue of MJF Next Topic
Page: of 3

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2006 :  07:23:56 AM  Show Profile
I am so excited!!! I am definitely going to RUN to the post office later this morning -- I hope it's there!!!!!

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2006 :  10:03:44 AM  Show Profile
Thank you so much Mary Jane and all the fabulous and talented staff at the farm for the beautiful new magazine I recieved today! This is an heirloom... and will have a place of honor on my pantry cookbook shelf next to my Mom's '55 BHG cookbook, my grandmother's old lighthouse cookbook from the 30's...and now my MJ's farm kitchen magazine/cookbook '06! You all ROCK!!!!

If I keep a green bough in my heart, the singing bird will come.
Go to Top of Page

Destiny~
True Blue Farmgirl

195 Posts

Dar
west TX
USA
195 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2006 :  7:46:45 PM  Show Profile
Mine's not here yet, I'm getting anxious.
I MUST be patient.
Oh why does it have to take so long for the mail to come?
Maybe it's lost?
No, the mail is just slow.
Ok, you can stop it now, Dar, you're beginning to scare people.
Sorry, just trying to entertain myself since I DON'T HAVE MY MAGAZINE TO READ.
Go to Top of Page

Libbie

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2006 :  07:06:59 AM  Show Profile
It came in the mail yesterday, and I spent all night trying to figure out what recipe to try first.....it's such a loverly issue - thank you to all you folks up at MJF who keep giving us such great ideas and inspiration to try them...

XOXO, Libbie

Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2006 :  07:55:56 AM  Show Profile
Will we be able to get the magazine at Barnes & Noble or other book stores?

http://therusticcottage.etsy.com
New Product -- Soap Souffle

Go to Top of Page

celebrate2727
True Blue Farmgirl

989 Posts

Beth
MJF Farmgirl
989 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2006 :  08:32:37 AM  Show Profile  Send celebrate2727 a Yahoo! Message
Is there an article on Susan the soap maven in it? Somebody give us a little preview pleeeezzzzzz!

blessings
beth

Dreaming of Friday Night Lights

Edited by - celebrate2727 on Apr 16 2006 09:54:33 AM
Go to Top of Page

Libbie

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2006 :  10:10:43 AM  Show Profile
Yep! There sure it - it's just fantastic - she'll be so proud!!!!

XOXO, Libbie

Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2006 :  9:46:55 PM  Show Profile
AAAH! I can't wait! When will it be on the magazine racks?

"...the setting sun is like going into the very presence of God." Elizabeth Von Arnim
Go to Top of Page

Carol
Moderator/MaryJane's Design Diva

452 Posts

Carol
Moscow Idaho
USA
452 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2006 :  10:02:52 AM  Show Profile
Hi girls. If you're a subscriber, you should be getting your magazine any day (we just got our advance preview copies here at the farm on Thursday, so be patient!). They should be on bookstands (same as before - Barnes & Nobles, Borders, WalMart, local bookstores, and natural foods stores) in another week or so.

This is a special issue - instead of our normal product catalog, we have given you a cookbook. The recipes feature MaryJane's new "Farmgirl Budget Mix" -- an all purpose baking mix. Everything from breakfast items like pancakes and scones to BakeOvers and Panbreads.

We've also got most of our normal sections - Here for Life, where MaryJane talks about her love of flour and a little more about our historic flour mill; HomeSafeHome's healthful hints; stories from readers in Keeping in Touch; Newsroom; Every Woman's story, Susan Dahlem; MaryJane's Farm Life section; and Meet Our Crew.

We've been working on this one for quite a while, and hope you love it as much as we do!
Carol

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming 'WOO HOO, what a ride!'"
Go to Top of Page

TheSoapMaven
True Blue Farmgirl

691 Posts

Susan
LA
USA
691 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2006 :  10:16:08 AM  Show Profile  Send TheSoapMaven a Yahoo! Message
I need a squealing smilie! I havent seen it but a lady from Texas called to place an order today and told me about it...so if Texas got theirs...mine couldnt be far behind! So excited. Thank you Carol...y'all do such a beautiful magazine. They are each a treasure!

Susan
Proprietress of Dahlem's Soapworks http://www.thesoapmaven.com

Go to Top of Page

Cindylou
Farmgirl at Heart

243 Posts

Cindylou
Moscow Idaho
243 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2006 :  11:15:48 AM  Show Profile

Hi Susan ~ I'm tickled pink that you already have an order as a result of your article in the magazine!! We just got our advance preview copies on Thursday ~ I think you'll be pleased! The Farmgirl Connection works!! I absolutely love your Farmgirl Clean soap ~ the delicate fragrance is my favorite!! Wishing you all the best as always!! Thanks for being such a dear farmgirl at heart friend!!
love,

MaryJane's Left-Hand Farmgirl
Cindylou
cindylou@maryjanesfarm.org
Go to Top of Page

Meg
Moderator/Farmgirl True

974 Posts

Meg
Idaho
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2006 :  1:23:11 PM  Show Profile
Thought I'd I'd add to Carol's post and get all of you up to speed on how our magazine gets mailed out more specifically because I know how waiting is! As long as I know how long my wait is, I have no problem with it.

Subscribers (the people who have prepaid for the next four issues) get their magazines first because they prepay first-class postage, enabling their magazines to be mailed out by our printer in Michigan as soon at the ink dries. So they should be on your doorstep any day now!

The next level of subscribers are those who get all the issues for FREE that are printed in a year from the date they bought at least $50 dollars worth of merchandise. Those go out in a bulk mailing (cheaper postage but not so cheap that we don't get a notification if it's undeliverable...you'd be surprised how many people move w/o notifying magazines) from our printer in Michigan but that can take two to three weeks or more depending on where you live.

The next level is to find MJF in stores. This time our distributor took close to 40,000 issues and sent them to stores around the country. It's impossible for us to track where they send them. We tried once for the purpose of posting it on our website. But since our magazines come out irregularly, there isn't any way for us to know which stores will or won't decide to carry it at any given moment. For this Special Issue, our distributor told us they'd have them in stores by May 2.

Bottom line: Subscribing is the way to go. If you love MJF the magazine, especially given it's ad-free, we have to sell lots of subscriptions to keep it alive. Store distribution is break-even at best. (Although MJF does have better sell-through than most magazines.) Plus, you'll be the first farmgirl on your block to see it hot off the press! And it does make the perfect gift.

My mother is in Utah....stranded without a subscription. Guess what? She hasn't seen a copy yet!!!

MaryJane's daughter,

Meg
megan@maryjanesfarm.org
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2006 :  4:08:38 PM  Show Profile
THANKS FOR THE UPDATE MEG AND CINDYLOU, I CALLED THE FARM A COUPLE DAYS AGO AND ORDERED MINE TO BE DELIVERED WHENEVER YOU GET THEM, I KNOW BIG LETTERS, I JUST START TYPING AND WHAT EVER KEY IS IN GEAR IS THE ONE I USE, AT LEAST ITS EASIER TO READ. HOPE MJ GETS HOPE SOON AND IS READY TO RETURN TO HER ROUTINE.
NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2006 :  4:10:44 PM  Show Profile
OK THAT WOULD BE HOME NOT HOPE, OF COURSE HOPE IS A GOOD WORD, JUST NOT THERE.
NANCY JO AGAIN
Go to Top of Page

Cindylou
Farmgirl at Heart

243 Posts

Cindylou
Moscow Idaho
243 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2006 :  3:40:52 PM  Show Profile

DEAR NANCY JO!! I LOVE ALL CAPS, TOO!! JOHANNA HAS YOUR ENVELOPE ADDRESSED AND WAITING FOR THE MAGAZINE TO GO IN IT TOMORROW MORNING!! NICK AND THE PACKAGING CREW ARE UNLOADING THE PALLETS OF MAGAZINE BOXES AS WE SPEAK!! YOU CAN START JUMPING UP AND DOWN WITH GLEE NOW!! THANKS FOR YOUR ENTHUSIASM!
SUNNILY YOURS,

Cindylou
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2006 :  4:34:10 PM  Show Profile
THANKS FOR THE UPDATE, I'AM SURE THE FARM CREW AS WELL AS ALL US GIRLS ARE SO GLAD THE MAGAZINE HAS ARRIVED, AND IF YOU ASK ME THIS EVENT DESERVES CAPS.
NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page

Carol

452 Posts

Carol
Moscow Idaho
USA
452 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2006 :  5:30:51 PM  Show Profile
Hello girls.
Please do not use caps on the forum -- in Internet-speak, it denotes shouting. We're awfully glad you're so enthusiastic, but try using exclamations instead!!!!!!
Carol

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming 'WOO HOO, what a ride!'"
Go to Top of Page

rabbithorns
True Blue Farmgirl

544 Posts

Allison
Fort Scott KS
USA
544 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2006 :  7:36:41 PM  Show Profile
I'd like to order a copy, but it's not on the site yet. A picture of it is, but when you go to order current issue, it's #7. Should I call tomorrow instead?
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2006 :  05:16:59 AM  Show Profile
yes allison, just call the toll free number and you can order it, thats the way i do it.
NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2006 :  05:18:36 AM  Show Profile
CINDYLOU
see, you got us in trouble with carol cindylou!!!
NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page

Destiny~
True Blue Farmgirl

195 Posts

Dar
west TX
USA
195 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2006 :  11:15:04 AM  Show Profile
Meg, thanks for the clarification on the mailing schedule. I was beginning to panic, just a little, but now I know why my sub takes a little longer.
I'm still having a hard time being patient.
Go to Top of Page

Carol

452 Posts

Carol
Moscow Idaho
USA
452 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2006 :  1:54:16 PM  Show Profile
Hi Allison.

The magazine link on the website now goes to the current issue, so you can order anytime!

Thanks!
Carol

Go to Top of Page

Shirley
True Blue Farmgirl

734 Posts

Shirley
Olympia Wa
USA
734 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2006 :  4:43:42 PM  Show Profile
BooHoo
I just sent a food order for over 50 dollars! got it today, but there was not any MJ magazine. I thought one was suspose to come. I was so excited to open the box, then :(( sniff sniff
Could you give me some thoughts on this
Thanks
shirley in Olympia
Go to Top of Page

rabbithorns
True Blue Farmgirl

544 Posts

Allison
Fort Scott KS
USA
544 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2006 :  5:34:11 PM  Show Profile
I ordered my magazine today! Can't wait to see what you all are luxuriating in!
Go to Top of Page

Cindylou
Farmgirl at Heart

243 Posts

Cindylou
Moscow Idaho
243 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2006 :  09:48:58 AM  Show Profile

Hi Nancy Jo!
I had yesterday off and it was our first really warm spring day ~ 73 degrees compared to 45 last week ~ it was gorgeous!
Yikes!!! I didn't realize that all caps was akin to 'shouting' so I guess we can happily show our enthusiasm with !!!! instead!
Have a great weekend!!!!!
Sunnily yours,

Cindylou
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise: Previous Topic The next issue of MJF Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page