Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise
 Love the new magazine!!!!!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise: Previous Topic Love the new magazine!!!!!!! Next Topic  

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2006 :  07:21:54 AM  Show Profile
Great job on the new magazine, I started reading right from the front cover, no cheating, don't want it to end. figure by the time I get through the whole cooking section I will be placing an order, as I hope lots and lots of your readers do. Nice write up about our Susan soap girl, maybe now she will have to built a factory, HA.
Also your photos all throughout the magazine are so nice, just a great job all around.
Nancy Jo

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2006 :  08:15:25 AM  Show Profile
I agree, Nancy. Don't those photos make you want to just stay in the kitchen and create? I always look forward to these magazines/books - they make me feel so at home and comfortable while reading...

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2006 :  08:34:44 AM  Show Profile
Oh gosh -- I have to get to town so I can buy one!

http://therusticcottage.etsy.com
New Product -- Soap Souffle

Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2006 :  08:45:24 AM  Show Profile
WHAT NEW MAGAZINE??? WHAT DID I MISS???? ARGHHHHHHH!

Come visit my Etsy store at www.chezPatricia.etsy.com
Farmgirls do it organically!
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2006 :  08:48:50 AM  Show Profile
Patricia
The newest MJ magazine, you could not have possibly missed that could you? Have you been out in the field too long? Its a must have, if you don't already have it.
NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2006 :  08:52:24 AM  Show Profile
Oh, Pigeon poop!
And I was at Barnes and Noble yesterday! They were still putting out magazines so it's possible I missed it. I'll go back today. Thanks for the heads up, girls!!!

Go to Top of Page

sonflowergurl
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

Katee
Tampa 'Burbs FL
USA
349 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2006 :  1:43:38 PM  Show Profile  Send sonflowergurl an AOL message
"Sigh" I guess I'll have to wait a bit...until I order that tote I want!!! LOL I'm going to have to be thrifty to get even the tote because my hubby is saving up for something he wants too....might have to hide a dollar here and there to get it! LOL

Waiting is so hard, instant gratification is MUCH better sometimes! hehe

Katee

The end will justify the pain it took to get us here.
"Looking Toward the Son"---- http://sonflowergirl731.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2006 :  4:06:31 PM  Show Profile
I went to Borders and B&N today and neither of them have it yet. Phooey. Oh, well. something to look forward to.

Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2006 :  2:31:05 PM  Show Profile
The magazine can be ordered over the phone or online. I got mine after calling the farm, and went through it last night lying in bed, loving all the recipes.

When you all get a chance, read page 184. It is really sweet. So kind and loving, but an article letting all of us who want to meet MaryJane and the staff that they need private time too. It is really well written. And I so respect her for writing it. Often when people begin to have a certain amount of "famous" around them, they get caught up in it and change into a different person. I do not think MaryJane will ever do that.

MaryJane, thank you for always being hnoest with us. I have always felt you are honest and real, and that is what being a farmgirl is all about.

I love this new magazine and all that is in it!!!!

Peace
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2006 :  3:23:57 PM  Show Profile
Yes I agree Jeannie, no matter how you would like things to be, there is only so many hours in the day, and our mj is a very busy girl now and needs her own time to do all that is required to be the head farmgirl so that we all have each other and her products and ideas. It's almost like she has to put part of her life aside so the FARMGIRL can go on. So thankyou Mary Jane, family and crew.
NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page

FarrarFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

330 Posts

Lynda
Frohna Missouri
USA
330 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2006 :  8:41:21 PM  Show Profile
Hello, hello, guess what, I just bought the newest magazine!!

I have just started reading the newest magazine and it is definitely a wonderful piece of work. I bought mine at Barnes and Noble on Saturday the 22nd. I was so happy to see it on the shelf. Of course, they had it hidden and I had to move a few things around to see it, but there it was in all it's glory. So, Patricia when you go back you might want to check behind a few magazines, that's what I had to do in order to find it.

When I had read about this issue and heard that it was about baking with her mix and has so many recipes using it, like Nancy, I figured I would be placing an order for the mix before I even bought the magazine.

This one will be with me in my purse for quite a while. thank you Mary Jane for such a wonderful issue full of your heart and soul that continues to feed my heart and soul as it longs for the farm.

Blessings to you all!

In His hands,
Lynda

Pray in faith and you will not live in doubt.
www.pamperedchef.biz/lorenzfamilycooks
Go to Top of Page

KarenP
True Blue Farmgirl

666 Posts

Karen
Chippewa Falls Wisconsin
USA
666 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2006 :  2:21:50 PM  Show Profile
Mine came in the mail today!
I guess chores will have to wait!
I can't put it down yet, I'm typing one handed here!
KarenP

"Purest Spring Water in the World"
Go to Top of Page

FarmGirlsConnect
Farmgirl at Heart

5 Posts

USA
5 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2006 :  4:31:29 PM  Show Profile
Christmas in April!!! : )
My "Farm Kitchen" issue #8 just arrived. I have to sit down for this!!! The pictures in all the last 7 issues have been great, but the newest ones... The pictures are just fabulous.!! I can't wait to read all the articles. Time to put the do not disturb sign up till I read it cover to cover. Thank You MaryJane and all the wonderful people that work so hard to give us "Farm Girls" a way to learn, enjoy great organic packaged food, and stay connected.

I have all the issues of the magazine; got the book, got the CD book (it was like MaryJane and I were visiting in person). When MaryJane, and her daughter came to town for a book signing, well that was the icing on the cake.!!!

Ok, I’m off to do the next step. It’s time to disassemble the magazine and put each page in it’s own acid free, archival safe sheet protector. Now before everyone yells at me and thinks I’m crazy…I do admit I am abby-normal… But, I told MaryJane the reason for this treatment of the magazine was only to protect it. If I spill anything on the pages I can just wipe it off. It’s so much easier to read and see a recipe, with every page in a binder. It’s also a great way to copy age page of any of the last 8 issues, just incase someone’s missing a article or picture. I asked permission from MaryJane, when I saw her, if this was ok to share with the rest of the farm girls, and with a sweet angel smile, she agreed it was a great idea.
(((Hugs))) and Sunshine Smiles to all!!!
Go to Top of Page

BumbleBee
Farmgirl at Heart

6 Posts

BB

USA
6 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2006 :  7:10:43 PM  Show Profile
Special thank you to the worker bees at Mary Janes Farm just keep getting better and better. The latest issue number 8, its all "HONEY".

"Follow your Bliss while harming none. Remember all animals are our brothers and sisters too"
Go to Top of Page

Destiny~
True Blue Farmgirl

195 Posts

Dar
west TX
USA
195 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2006 :  05:58:08 AM  Show Profile
I saw the magazine last night at B&N but resisted the temptation to peek. Oh, I hope mine comes soon. I'm going camping this weekend and it would be so great to have something special to read.

"Let us, together, sow seeds for a better harvest-a harvest for hope."
Jane Goodall, Harvest for Hope
Go to Top of Page

rabbithorns
True Blue Farmgirl

544 Posts

Allison
Fort Scott KS
USA
544 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2006 :  11:07:40 AM  Show Profile
Okay, I made sure I exercised first (I'm committed to fixing a old low-back injury) BEFORE I went out to the mail to get my copy of the new magazine. (I knew it was in there.) I just finished 2 hours of reading and sitting outside on a glorious spring morning. We don't get too many real spring mornings as things go suddenly from "winter" to the 90's here.

But it's gorgeous today and perfect for reading MJ's new magazine and dreaming!

What a great job encapsulating the center of home for most of us: the farm kitchen. Thanks a million to the many folks at MJ's for a fine read and a real home classic!

Allison
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2006 :  1:01:53 PM  Show Profile
Oh my gosh...my issue came in the mail today. I skimmed it good..all but the article about our Susan the soap maven..read every word of that!! I LOVE everything about this issue..it is fabulous..now for a few spare minutes to finish reading it!!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Shirley
True Blue Farmgirl

734 Posts

Shirley
Olympia Wa
USA
734 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2006 :  4:25:53 PM  Show Profile
I was out weeding the flower beds, yesterday when DH came with the mail and there it was from MJ Farm. Took off my gloves ,put down the tools and got up and headed for my chair on the deck, DH is looking at me like Ive lost my mind.Men just dont understand whats important in life. LOL
shirley
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2006 :  4:57:03 PM  Show Profile
I love how we all enjoy reading the MJF mags from front to back. And I must admit, I broke down today and ordered the tote bag. It will be my daughter's mother's day gift. My hubby will kill me(not really)!

I want the tote bag for me, but Julia comes first!

Peace
Go to Top of Page

westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2006 :  06:22:52 AM  Show Profile
I dont have it yet

she selects wool and flax and works with eager hands Prov.31:13
Go to Top of Page

sugarsfarm
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Leah
Woodward Iowa
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2006 :  09:36:20 AM  Show Profile  Send sugarsfarm an AOL message
me either michele....i go to the bookstore everyday to see if its in!!!

You must be the change you want to see in the world.
Mahatma Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2006 :  3:29:01 PM  Show Profile
MINE CAME TODAY!! WHOO HOO! Can't wait to read it later tonight!

Go to Top of Page

sugarsfarm
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Leah
Woodward Iowa
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2006 :  6:22:22 PM  Show Profile  Send sugarsfarm an AOL message
I went to Borders today and the magazie was there!!! So i called up a farmgirl friend and told her it was in and bought one for her too! I skimmed through it, but havnt really taken it all in yet!! im so excited!

You must be the change you want to see in the world.
Mahatma Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

FlipFlopFarmer
True Blue Farmgirl

198 Posts

Carla
Molalla Oregon
198 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2006 :  7:22:42 PM  Show Profile
Oooh I can't wait to go to town tomorrow and grab that magazine!!

Carla

Live simply.
Love generously.
Care deeply.
Speak kindly.
Go to Top of Page

prairiemaid
True Blue Farmgirl

200 Posts

Margret

Canada
200 Posts

Posted - May 19 2006 :  6:56:51 PM  Show Profile
For the first time EVER, I have found MJF magazine on the rack in the store here in Canada. I don't know if I just haven't noticed it before? No, I would have seen it! If they are here, they are probably selling out, that's why I've never seen it. I don't know if it's the issue you all are talking about? Mine is The Special Recipe Issue. Of course I bought it! I am enjoying it very much! Great magazine!!

Keep a place apart, within your heart, for little dreams to go!
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - May 20 2006 :  05:49:41 AM  Show Profile
Yep, that is the one we are all going on about!
NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page
  **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise: Previous Topic Love the new magazine!!!!!!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page