Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise
 The next issue of MJF
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise: Previous Topic The next issue of MJF Next Topic
Page: of 3

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2005 :  1:35:01 PM  Show Profile
We waited through November and thought it may be February for the next issue of MaryJanes Farm Magazine to be available. Just thought I would check and see when the projected date is for the release of the Country Roads issue! It would surely help heal the cabin fever so many are experiencing!

jpbluesky

Love those big blue skies and wide open spaces.

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2005 :  2:24:06 PM  Show Profile
Jeannie-- There is is a Jan 18 posting by Carol under BOOK IDEAS that states mid May for the magazine , May 24 for the book.Hope that helps!
Think of them as Mother's Day treats!

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2005 :  11:45:47 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Bramble! I knew it was May for the book but did not remember when the next magazine would come out.

My daughter is in Washington state right now, and is about 2-3 hours from the farm in Moscow. She is going to call and maybe plan a day trip if they are open. I am so jealous! :)
jpbluesky

Love those big blue skies and wide open spaces.
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2005 :  7:28:09 PM  Show Profile
Well, this question ought to bring a groan from those at MJF! but here goes anyway. I know several smaller books are in the works, following up the BIG book we just received. Love it, love it.

However, does this mean that the magazine will no longer publish new issues?

jpbluesky

Heartland girl
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2005 :  8:03:40 PM  Show Profile
Eek! Shhhhh! Don't say that jp!

farmgirl@heart

Be at peace with yourself and the rest will follow
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2005 :  05:14:36 AM  Show Profile
Sorry, Kim! :) I am so addicted, I have to know! I love both the book and the magazine so much!
jpbluesky

Heartland girl
Go to Top of Page

Carol
Moderator/MaryJane's Design Diva

452 Posts

Carol
Moscow Idaho
USA
452 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2005 :  09:44:43 AM  Show Profile
Hi girls!

I see you are asking about publication schedules for our next magazine and books. The good news is, we'll have a new book (most likely the Stitching Room workbook) out in the spring, and another (the Farm Kitchen workbook) out in the fall. The bad news is, that means a fall deadline for us to get both books to the publisher! That means we won't have time to work on the next magazine until after that, so the next issue of MaryJanesFarm won't be out until February.

We think you'll love the workbook idea. We're about halfway through the Kitchen one right now and about a third of the way through the Stitching one. You'll get lots of recipes and projects in these books, along with more of MaryJane's great stories and sidebars about other great rural people.

The next magazine theme is "Artists in Aprons." As you can imagine, that covers a lot of ground! One of the things MaryJane wants to include in that magazine is the mail art phenomenon. She's received one piece recently in the mail and was so impressed with it that she wants to write a feature about it! So put us on your mailing list, and send some pieces to me here to the farm if you'd like. I'll try to figure out how to best feature those in my layouts.

Thanks again for all your wonderful comments on the magazines and books!

Farmgirl love,
Carol

she laughed and laughed ...
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2005 :  1:50:27 PM  Show Profile
Now you asked for it, Carol!!!!! Get your mailbags ready! :)

Thanks for the update!
jpbluesky

Heartland girl
Go to Top of Page

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2005 :  4:15:25 PM  Show Profile
Ooh how exciting, I'll be sending one your way soon, Carol!!

Cead Mile Failte,
Molly

"If I can stop one heart from breaking, I shall not live in vain. If I can ease one life the Aching or cool one pain, or help one fainting robin unto his nest again, I shall not live in vain" ~Emily Dickinson

**When life throws scraps your way ~ Make a Quilt!**

Sisterhood of the Traveling Art
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2005 :  4:23:09 PM  Show Profile
How cool Carol!!! We have 49 members now so I'm sure you'll be getting plenty of mail for your layout!

Kay - Living in Beautiful Washington State
Go to Top of Page

Lena@HickoryGroveFarm
Farmgirl in Training

33 Posts

Marlena
Brunson SC
USA
33 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2005 :  09:42:17 AM  Show Profile
Carol, is there a way we can post pictures of mail we receive on the site in one place? It might help with your research, and we would be able to share more mail art with one another as well as see examples that inspire us. Newbies could then "see" what mail art is, as it is by definition a bit ambiguous. Thanks to Kay and Connie for all their mail list wrangling!

Budding Farm Girl and Eccentric Artist
see www.marlenam.com
Go to Top of Page

Carol
Moderator/MaryJane's Design Diva

452 Posts

Carol
Moscow Idaho
USA
452 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2005 :  6:44:53 PM  Show Profile
Hi Girls!

There isn't really a way to post items on the site right now. However, some of the girls have posted their photos to a photo site like Yahoo photos. I received my first piece today, and I was truly inspired by it! What a wonderful, creative project!

Happy creating!
Carol

she laughed and laughed ...
Go to Top of Page

Eileen
True Blue Farmgirl

1199 Posts

Eileen

USA
1199 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2005 :  09:20:27 AM  Show Profile
Mary Jane, Carol and all you hard working wonderful people,
I was just wondering when the next issue of your magalog might be out so I got back on this topic and see that it won't be until February. Is that still the projected date for a new Mag? I don't know about the other farm girls here but I really miss the regular issues of the magazine. I am anxious for the new books too so am not trying to put the pressure on or anything. Just this is one of those days when I am thinking about the regularity of certain things in my life and what I can look forward to soon.
Maybe some others are feeling it too.
Love you guys and all you are doing.
Eileen

Songbird; singing joy to the earth
Go to Top of Page

Cindylou
Farmgirl at Heart

243 Posts

Cindylou
Moscow Idaho
243 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2005 :  1:20:54 PM  Show Profile

Hi Eileen!!
I'm back to the forum! I was gone most of November as I drove to Maine to help my daughter, Molly, and her fiance, Corey, move here to Moscow, ID. I am one happy Mom!!
Carol says that the plan is to have the "Artists in Aprons" magalog/catazine ready to publish in February. Creating an issue is quite a project. The magazine has always been somewhat irregular given that it is created without advertising dollars. Thanks for your patience and your enthusiasm, farmgirl friend!!
Happy Holidays!!
love,

MaryJane's Left-Hand Farmgirl
Cindylou
cindylou@maryjanesfarm.org
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2005 :  2:12:33 PM  Show Profile
i'm just reading mine over and over and over again .. and i swear .. each time .. i find that i'm not tiring of it and always seem to find something that i missed or had forgotten already! (much like re-visiting a dear friend).

and .. i so very much appreciate the fact that it is very helpful (and vital) if we all support the financial part of producing such a fabulous magazine (with no ads) by purchasing the products that maryjane's farm produces.

and all the foods i have tried are so phenomenal (truly! truly!) that i can't think of a finer 'gift' to give our family and friends .. a basket of goodies from maryjane's farms .. and if we just look at the photos .. what inspiration for ways to package these up for our gift-giving.

i think it would be 'grande' fun to take various articles and discuss them here on the connection. t'would surely 'whet the appetite' of those that have not yet subscribed .. to put that at the top of their 'wish list'. xo, frannie

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

Destiny~
True Blue Farmgirl

195 Posts

Dar
west TX
USA
195 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2006 :  05:41:19 AM  Show Profile
Has there been any word yet on the latest release schedule for the next magazine and the next book?
I'm ready for my next reading marathon.
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2006 :  07:18:22 AM  Show Profile
Dar, check out the thread "Have you received your MJ Wisdom book?" under "News From MaryJanes Farm" for the latest discussion on when things will be "out." - we all can't wait, either!!!

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

Destiny~
True Blue Farmgirl

195 Posts

Dar
west TX
USA
195 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2006 :  09:12:37 AM  Show Profile
Great, I'll do that. Thanks, I still get lost sometimes.
Go to Top of Page

brightmeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

2045 Posts

Brenda
Lucas Ohio
USA
2045 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2006 :  1:27:41 PM  Show Profile
I got my new issue today!!!! I love it!!!! The photos of all the baked stuff look luscious...

Can't wait to try some of them out.

You shall eat the fruit of the labor of your hands - You shall be happy and it shall be well with you. -Psalm 128.2
Visit my web site store at http://www.watkinsonline.com/fish or my homepage at http://home.earthlink.net/~brightmeadow
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2006 :  1:40:36 PM  Show Profile
Carol or Meg
Can the new issue be ordered from the MJ site yet???
NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page

Cindylou
Farmgirl at Heart

243 Posts

Cindylou
Moscow Idaho
243 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2006 :  2:07:41 PM  Show Profile

Hi Nancy ~ thank you for asking! Soon you'll be able to order the magazine from the web site. In the meantime, you can call the farm directly to pre-order the Special Issue Farm Kitchen MJF Magazine. 1-888-750-6004

The publisher has started mailing out the magazine to subscribers. We will receive our shipment of magazines when the big truck arrives at the farm soon ~ close to May 2nd. In a week or so, it will be set up so you can order here on the web site.

Have a great Easter weekend!
Sunnily yours,

Cindylou
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2006 :  3:04:02 PM  Show Profile
Thankyou cindylou, I just called and pre ordered my copy, looking forward to receiving it.
NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page

Cindylou
Farmgirl at Heart

243 Posts

Cindylou
Moscow Idaho
243 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2006 :  3:23:34 PM  Show Profile

You are most welcome Nancy! You're going to love this magazine! As usual, it is chock full of information, lots of new recipes and beautiful photography! Have a great Easter weekend!!
Sunnily yours,

Cindylou
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2006 :  6:45:50 PM  Show Profile
My copy arrived in the mail today! Very well done, as usual. Kudos to all!

Humor is the prelude to faith and Laughter is the beginning of prayer. -- Reinhold Niebuhr

http://farmstyle.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2006 :  9:38:23 PM  Show Profile
OH no!! Am I subscribed??? I don't think I am...must order..someone else got one..I am going to have a hard time being patient now!! I will call the farm tomorrow!! Yikes!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

sleepless reader
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

CA
USA
1022 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2006 :  10:59:35 PM  Show Profile
WOW! Wonderful issue! It can stand alone as a cookbook. I love the new "texture" and lack of glossiness on the pages. Great job everyone!
Sharon

Life is messy. Wear your apron!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise: Previous Topic The next issue of MJF Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page