Okie Farm Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

1674 Posts

Mary Beth
McLoud Oklahoma
USA
1674 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2011 :  08:13:23 AM  Show Profile
Play on words. :-) In the words of the Three Stooges, "Gnyuck, gnyuck, gnyuck." I just put a post up at the blog about an experiment that I did with oranges and lemons and zest if you are interested. My experiment was quite successful! I'm kinda thrilled.

Mary Beth

www.OklahomaPastryCloth.com
www.Oklahomapastrycloth.com/blog
The Sovereign Lord is my strength - Habakkuk 3:19

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2011 :  11:22:50 AM  Show Profile
What a great idea! I am going to try it.

~ Elaine
"Be the change you wish to see in the world." - Gandhi

Farmgirl sister #2882
http://embchicken.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Okie Farm Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

1674 Posts

Mary Beth
McLoud Oklahoma
USA
1674 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2011 :  11:25:53 AM  Show Profile
It's easy, Elaine!:-)

Mary Beth

Go to Top of Page

thehatlady
Farmgirl in Training

47 Posts

Lola
Doniphan Missouri
USA
47 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2011 :  4:19:27 PM  Show Profile
That is a great idea!!! I love grated orange peel in my eggs for French Toast. Use it a lot in other dishes too. Have a great day. Lola

Every day, in every way, I become better and better.
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2011 :  9:43:22 PM  Show Profile
Wow, Mary Beth! I just read your blog..what a great idea..and how simple is that! Definitely going to try this. Your scones looked so good..I could eat one right now. (However, it is 11:40PM and would probably end up going directly to my left hip.)

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

luv2farmnd
True Blue Farmgirl

53 Posts

Dona
Northwood North Dakota
USA
53 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2011 :  10:02:22 PM  Show Profile
Evening from ND Mary Beth~~~

I luv your website and blog. Life is soo GRAND on here that I have been rather addicted to maryjanes site today again learning, meeting new friends from around, posting some pics and earning badges..WOW..crazy farm life we all have!!

Anyways, I luv your storefront and your blog site BUT is there a place on here that I havent come across yet that i can set up a storefront as well as start my own blog?
Any info to lead me in the right direction would be just wonderful and if ya dont care to share your information I totally understand as well.

Have a amazing nite for whats left and wonderful Wednesday ahead@

Luvin' God's CountryFarm life in ND!
Dona

Farmgirl Sisterhood #2860
Farmgirl Chapter~ Crazy in the Country
Go to Top of Page

Okie Farm Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

1674 Posts

Mary Beth
McLoud Oklahoma
USA
1674 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2011 :  05:09:58 AM  Show Profile
Lola - French Toast - YES!!! I loooooove French Toast and the orange zest would be awesome in the egg mixture.

Judith, the scones recipe will be up tomorrow and I promise that they don't attach to the left hip - only both of them equally!!! :-) I show how to make them with Splenda if you can't have sugar. Does that help?? :-)

Mary Beth

Go to Top of Page

Okie Farm Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

1674 Posts

Mary Beth
McLoud Oklahoma
USA
1674 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2011 :  05:22:08 AM  Show Profile
Dona, actually the website is my personal website that a friend of my son's (they had a band together and practiced here day and night) developed for me. I designed what I wanted and he took it and created the entire website from XHTML/CSS scratch. The store is set up the same way and is based on my real "home" store in Oklahoma. I guess I'm saying that I paid to have the website developed for my personal needs. The blog is on Wordpress.org, which is a free blog site where you can create your own blog, however, my blog is set up differently as it is included as part of my website instead of as a stand alone blog. That is why I don't have advertisements or anything else on there except the posts. I just wanted to post a clean, plain screen with large photos. My web designer accomplished that for me. If you scroll to the bottom of any of the website pages, you will see the name of our friend's company which did the designing. I'm sorry I can't be much help. Maybe someone else on here can jump in and explain how they used one of the public sites??

Mary Beth

Go to Top of Page

luv2farmnd
True Blue Farmgirl

53 Posts

Dona
Northwood North Dakota
USA
53 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2011 :  06:30:50 AM  Show Profile
Morning from Snowy ND~~
Well, its awesome site and luv the layout and all that they did as well as YOU did to it!!
Ill get something together here sometime but I know I really dont have much time for a blog with beginning springs work here on our busy farm but I have some awesome country chunky jewelry that I would like to get out there more alongn with infant western shoes/boots. Soo, will see here in the future days what I can come up with. I do sell on ebay with a store but would be more fun on a country store was thinking.
Anyways, you have a blessed day and Im off to 45 miles to nearest walmart and stores to do some shopping and get our little 6 month granddaugther her first easter dress...
Thanks again for all the info!!

quote:
Originally posted by Okie Farm Girl

Dona, actually the website is my personal website that a friend of my son's (they had a band together and practiced here day and night) developed for me. I designed what I wanted and he took it and created the entire website from XHTML/CSS scratch. The store is set up the same way and is based on my real "home" store in Oklahoma. I guess I'm saying that I paid to have the website developed for my personal needs. The blog is on Wordpress.org, which is a free blog site where you can create your own blog, however, my blog is set up differently as it is included as part of my website instead of as a stand alone blog. That is why I don't have advertisements or anything else on there except the posts. I just wanted to post a clean, plain screen with large photos. My web designer accomplished that for me. If you scroll to the bottom of any of the website pages, you will see the name of our friend's company which did the designing. I'm sorry I can't be much help. Maybe someone else on here can jump in and explain how they used one of the public sites??

Mary Beth

Luvin' God's CountryFarm life in ND!
Dona

Farmgirl Sisterhood #2860
Farmgirl Chapter~ Crazy in the Country
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic A "Zest" for life Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly