MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2011 :  8:03:21 PM  Show Profile
I go in seasons. Sometimes I'm really into embroider, other times other things, so keep your yarn! lol I need knitted wash cloths! lol haha

But, yeah, I love embroidery it's such mindless work you can do it during almost anything, and it's so portable. And I really love choosing colors for projects, and also the versatility of all the things you can embroider!

I used to really like counted cross stitch but find it very limited on what I can stitch on, so I really love embroider cause it can be on anything!

http://www.heathersprairie.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

dazed81
Farmgirl in Training

43 Posts

Meagan
Wyanet IL
USA
43 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2011 :  06:56:13 AM  Show Profile  Send dazed81 a Yahoo! Message
now I am gonna have to check out Aimee Ray
;)

Meagan
*I JUST BROKE MY LEG!!! Passing the Time in a thigh to toe cast while the little ones destroy the house!
Mamma to Ardyn Isabel (9-3-07) and Marek Owen (3-31-09)
6 Buff Orpington Chicks and 14 year old "Boyd the Wonder Beagle"

www.adventuresineverydaylife.com
Go to Top of Page

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2011 :  08:05:01 AM  Show Profile
lol Meagan, if you like Sublime you will love Aimee Ray as well! Very similar styles. Aimee's is more cutesy then Sublime, but same concept of trying new and different things, and making your own drawings into stitching!

Go to Top of Page

Annie S
True Blue Farmgirl

756 Posts

Annie
Custer S.D.
USA
756 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2011 :  1:49:35 PM  Show Profile
Picked up some canvas shopping bags and a hobo bag at Michale's and Hobby Lobby last week to do some stitching on. Going to do some eco/nature-designs on the shopping bags - you know, "recycle, reuse, repurpose", "save out plantet, it's the only one with chocolate" (loved that one), etc. Thought it was a "subtle" way of getting the word out to everyone I run into. Also picked up some flour sack towels I'm going to get busy on as well (maybe a gift). I have some of my late m-i-l's dish towles that have been around the block a few times and they are still in such good shape. I also think all flour sack towels come hemmed uneven - mine did too. No biggy tho - they'll still stitch up good and dry the dishes no matter what shape they're in.
Go to Top of Page

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2011 :  1:56:40 PM  Show Profile
I agree Annie, I don't think "flour sack" towels were meant to be perfectly stitched, they began as just re-using cloth that was readily available....I kind of doubt our ancestor grandmothers who began using them to begin with worried about having a perfect hem on them. I think that's just the nature of them. lol

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Transfer Paper Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page