Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 Hiking/fitness buddies in E WA/ N ID?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Hiking/fitness buddies in E WA/ N ID? Next Topic  

YiberryYadeeKarin
True Blue Farmgirl

343 Posts

Karin
Spokane Valley WA
USA
343 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2011 :  4:48:30 PM  Show Profile
I have been going to write and post this for quite a long time now. Here it goes!

I live in Spokane Valley, work in northern Idaho, and am pretty mobile (one of my favorite places is Turnbull NWR outside of Cheney and another is Kamiak Butte ten miles north of Pullman).

I have some long time and WONDERFUL friends -- some newer great friends, too! But, alas, none are filling the void I have for an exercise buddy. For example, I have my gung-ho friend who is very overweight and out of shape and not really serious about this kind of thing. Then there's the friend who lives near by but she's teeny and has been walking for years and isn't really looking for anyone to go walking with. Another friend is about where I am weight-wise but she doesn't like to walk when it's cold and her idea of a good breakfast is a Twinkie and a can of pop!

I've been wanting to find some friends who would like to do some walking or hiking on an occasional basis and work on improving our health together. We could commiserate online and get together now and then.

Once I get over "the crud" I will start spending time with my WiI Fit Plus again, going for more walks, and using my Nordic walking poles. I'm a Weight Watchers member. I want to hike and ride my bike and be active!

Is there anyone in Spokane, the Valley, CdA, Post Falls, Hayden, Cheney, etc., etc., who is interested in an occasional get together for some fresh air and exercise?

A little about myself: I'm 53, a single mom to a 15 year old daughter, have three dogs and three guinea pigs, have about an acre and want to get a veggie garden in this year... I love nature and traveling and gardening. I used to have pen pals all over the world. I work in a library system in northern Idaho and part of my job is driving a bookmobile.

Sure would love to find a kindred soul or two for some friendship and working towards a healthier lifestyle.

Karin

antoinette
True Blue Farmgirl

826 Posts

Toni
East Freedom PA
USA
826 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2011 :  4:26:28 PM  Show Profile
Karin Oh how I wish I lived near you!! I would love to have a walking friend.
Go to Top of Page

mickib
True Blue Farmgirl

267 Posts

Michele
Coeur d'Alene Idaho
267 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2011 :  3:19:03 PM  Show Profile
Karin, I live in CDA and work in the Valley! I'd be interested in an occasional get together. My husband and I do a lot of walking/hiking in N. Idaho and E. WA, but I'm always looking for a walking buddy. I'm almost 47 (next Monday), overweight, but I can hike 3 or 4 miles (as long as its not straight uphill!) at a decent pace. I work 9 to 5, M - Th. I'd be up for walking after work now that the days are longer, or occasionally on the weekend. Also, FYI, there was an article in the Spokesman about a new online hiking club, similar but more casual than the Spokane Mountaineers. It's one of those meetup deals. Email me if you want to get together!
Go to Top of Page

YiberryYadeeKarin
True Blue Farmgirl

343 Posts

Karin
Spokane Valley WA
USA
343 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2011 :  1:40:53 PM  Show Profile
Michele,

Thanks for your reply. I've emailed you separately.

Karin
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Hiking/fitness buddies in E WA/ N ID? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page