kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2011 :  12:26:51 PM  Show Profile
I went walking this morning with the 2 people who live on that road. The younger one has 2 dogs that come with us. We have to walk past this house way off the road with the pond in front. And they have ducks. Well, the dogs love to chase the ducks. So this morning there are ducks across the road and up the hill. One of the dogs caught a duck and was chomping down on it's back. I had to run up the hill quite a ways to rescue the duck. The dog did not want to give it up. It looked ok on the outside but was spitting blood from it's mouth. I took it back to the pond and set it down by the water and it went on in. I hope it will be ok. It'll do much better on the water with its friends. I was so mad at that dog. There was no reason for him to have done that. So we went on back. Then I had to go get a buck with my friend's husband and bring it back to their place. Then I had to trim goat hooves. So I had a busy morning. Then went to Bible study and one of the ladies made blueberry cheese cake and spinach dip with crackers and chocolate covered strawberries. Good grief, now I need to go walk again. I'll push mow around the garden and the driveway later. But it was SO good!

I hope the weather's getting better where y'all are. It's been in the 80's the past several days now. Rain tomorrow again.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2011 :  9:30:57 PM  Show Profile
Kris--yes, stinging nettles are very common around here. I've heard they're good cooked, but most people here curse them instead of eating them. they tend to grow in pretty large patches so they're not too hard to find. I hope you can find some--it might be too early for them.
Cindy

"Vast floods can't quench love, no matter what love did/ Rivers can't drown love, no matter where love's hid"--Sinead O'Connor
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2011 :  06:21:30 AM  Show Profile
We just picked up another walker! A friend from up the road is coming now. We will be walking at 8 am now. And she will come pick me up too. That's nice. So the more we have the more I have to do this. It is my motivation since I really don't want to do it. But now I have to. I know I feel so much better when I walk, it's just doing it. It's such a beautiful place to walk too. But right now I am already sweating. Which is a good thing. But anyway.

I hope y'all are getting in some good walks. The weather has been great here. Really hot again today in the 80's but back down to the 70's the rest of the week with some rain thrown in. I just had to water some things just now.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

buggysmum
True Blue Farmgirl

110 Posts

Shelly

110 Posts

Posted - May 15 2011 :  4:54:33 PM  Show Profile
Yes, I've been back to my walking a few times per week. We have a pond/park near us...it's great to walk through there and observe the wildlife...birds, fish, turtles, etc. It's a treat at the end of a busy day.
Shelly
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4739 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4739 Posts

Posted - May 16 2011 :  07:07:50 AM  Show Profile
I try to walk every evening after dinner. It is hill and wooded in our area, so it is a very lovely walk. I take my 3 pound hand weights and work out with them as I walk. I love being outside and the weights help give me a full body workout. I find this a great stress reliever too.

Walk on!
Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - May 16 2011 :  07:12:30 AM  Show Profile
I'm starting today. Even though it's 48 and rainy. I keep putting it off because it's just been so terrible, weatherwise, but I have a goal for weightloss, and this is the only way I see myself accomplishing it (other than eating properly!).

I bought a pair of cross trainers over the weekend and I'm itching to wear them

Musings from our family in the Bluegrass http://sweetvioletmae.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

countrymommy85
True Blue Farmgirl

898 Posts

Krystle
MT
USA
898 Posts

Posted - May 16 2011 :  08:10:55 AM  Show Profile
I'm going to start walking today. It's pretty windy out but it's going to get warmer out this afternoon so before I put the kids down for their nap this afternoon I'm going to go on at least a 30min walk today. I would like to walk at least a 30 min walk every day that weather permits. Maybe I will start meeting the neighbors that way too! :) I used to run but now that I am pregnant again I will have to stick to walking for now!

~We can make the world a better place for our kids and future generations by what we do today!~

http://countryrenaissance.blogspot.com
http://www.etsy.com/shop/SunflowersAndHoney
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - May 16 2011 :  09:57:10 AM  Show Profile
Well, this is great! I was wondering what happened to everyone. I am so glad to see all you new walkers. Krystle, that is a great way to meet neighbors and even start a walking group with other moms too. But just have fun.

It's cold here too, Jonni. But wet and rainy. So no walking today. Every time I start to go out it starts again. And it's just too cold.

I hope y'all have a rgeta time walking. And it so helps to have interesting things to see besides walking around and around the same ole walking track. I just can't do that. So have fun. And take pictures, please. Would love to see where y'all are walking.

Forgot to say that we are walking even earlier because it had been getting so hot and I needed to be in the garden. So this will help alot. And we might even need to go earlier still later when it really gets hot.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

countrymommy85
True Blue Farmgirl

898 Posts

Krystle
MT
USA
898 Posts

Posted - May 17 2011 :  08:24:11 AM  Show Profile
I am a little disappointed, I wasn't able to start walking yesterday because my daughter came down with a high fever so I thought it best we stay at home. I was hoping my lil man would stay healthy but he feels like he is starting a fever today too so I guess today won't be the day either! Oh well! At least I will get my walking done today since I will be mowing our huge lawn by push mower! (Positive side of our riding mower being in the garage yet!) Yesterday I tilled our garden so I got exercise that way but there is nothing like a good walk to unwind and feel revived! Hopefully the babes get better soon so I can start going on walks!

~We can make the world a better place for our kids and future generations by what we do today!~

http://countryrenaissance.blogspot.com
http://www.etsy.com/shop/SunflowersAndHoney
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - May 17 2011 :  08:31:41 AM  Show Profile
Krystle, I hope they get better too. That's no fun. We just bought a push mower with a bagger. I love it. I can get the whole yard plus driveway and garden area mowed in about a little over an hour. So I figure if I walk 3 miles in 50 minutes, I am walking alot more pushing that mower. So I do that in the evening when it cools down here. A few times a week too. Then in the garden it's alot of bending and pushing up with the legs so that's a whole different workout. Yard and garden work is so good for you. I had to go stake all the tomato plants this morning. I will start tieing them later so that will be lots of squats for me. Plus I need to weed some of the beets that are on bare ground then mulch them.

Give the babies some extra TLC today and just take it easy.

I missed my walk this morning again. She went early and I forgot.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - May 17 2011 :  08:38:04 AM  Show Profile
I got in a 30 minute brisk walk yesterday, with my new "trim fit" shoes (the ones that have the really high sole and are supposed to help firm your bootie?). They were very comfortable, and though I don't believe the hype, I did like the way my body felt after walking in them, especially my shins. As a former ballerina, my body is just plain falling apart, and usually after walking in athletic shoes, my shins feel like they've been beaten. But not yesterday! I also had a really good breakfast and light lunch and by dinner, with exercise, I was starving. Carne Asodaval (chili pork loin roast) in the crockpot with some charro beans, and I felt like I did well, there, too.

Bummed because today is a staff meeting so no going out. But, I will walk tonight when I get home with the girl and the stroller.

Musings from our family in the Bluegrass http://sweetvioletmae.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Is Anyone Walking? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page