Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Barnyard Buddies
 One Down, One To Go. Pictuers! And We're Done
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic One Down, One To Go. Pictuers! And We're Done Next Topic
Page: of 2

Candy C.
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Candy
Mescal AZ
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2011 :  08:10:47 AM  Show Profile  Send Candy C. a Yahoo! Message
AWWWW! They are so sweet! Don't ya just love them baby goats!

Candy C.
Farmgirl Sister #977
www.calicocandy.etsy.com

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams.
Go to Top of Page

wooliespinner
True Blue Farmgirl

1311 Posts

Linda
Manchester Ohio
1311 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2011 :  10:21:23 AM  Show Profile
Congrats on the doe!!! and of course the buck too. They have really neat color patterns. The buck looks like a galaxy..... black with stars all over hime. Too cool.

Linda

Raspberry Run Farm
Nubian Dairy Goats
Go to Top of Page

CMac
True Blue Farmgirl

1074 Posts

Connie
Ashland City TN
USA
1074 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2011 :  10:34:12 AM  Show Profile
Poor Sandy! I'll bet she is as ready as you are. Especially with her companion already having her babies. Do you have to keep the two moms separate when one had babies and the other does not?
Connie

"I have three chairs in my house: one for solitude, two for friendship, three for company."
Author: Henry David Thoreau
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2011 :  2:01:04 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
aww, They are so cute Kristin! :)
Hugs,
Hannah

Farmgirl sister #1219!

"Lifes not about the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away."

Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2011 :  4:34:43 PM  Show Profile
Thanks y'all. I am really loving these kids. That Zarah is into everything. She keeps getting out. We will have to keep a close watch on that one. Her brother is very laid back. I was thinking the same thing, Linda. I am going to look up constellation names. See what sounds good for him.

Connie, most new moms do not want anyone else around their kids. So Sandy is being great. She is so neurotic when it comes to her being alone. But she knows right now Abby is busy with her kids and she stays at a distance. Once she has hers, things will calm down and they will get back to normal. the kids will play together and the moms will eat.

SHerrye, good luck with your does. Let us know about them.

It's been raining here all day.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

gypsy goat
True Blue Farmgirl

673 Posts

mary jo
michigan
673 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2011 :  05:56:57 AM  Show Profile
oh my goodnes they are so very cute. doesn't look like it will be long and you will have some more! i'm with you i'm not sure how i ever lived without my goats-they are so much fun and have such great personalities. enjoy your new babies

farmgirl#1362 whatever you are be a good one-abe lincoln
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2011 :  08:56:55 AM  Show Profile
Sandy just had hers. I had let her out earlier and she was up under the trees. Then about an hour I heard her "talking" and saw a bubble. I hollered for the grands to come watch. We went up and stood quietly and watched her have the 1st one. It's so cute and of course a buck. He's a darker brownish reddish with a black stripe down the back and longer elf ears. Then while she's cleaning him off here came the other one. He looks like her and has the toggles or wattles. So cute. I'm pretty sure that one is a buck too, of course. So no girls from Sandy. Again. But we are done with kidding and now on to milking again. That's what I have been looking forward to. And the kids too.

I need batteries for the camera so will have to wait til tomorrow to get pictures.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2011 :  09:20:28 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
YAY! I'm so glad everything went well. Sorry you had bucks though. Are you going to sell them?
Hugs,
Hannah

Farmgirl sister #1219!

"Lifes not about the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away."

Go to Top of Page

CMac
True Blue Farmgirl

1074 Posts

Connie
Ashland City TN
USA
1074 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2011 :  09:39:34 AM  Show Profile
Yea! Two more healthy kids and the waiting is over! What do you girls do with the "extra bucks"? I assume you sell one if someone needs a buck. MY next assumption is that they are raised for meat. I would think you can't keep feeding them all. You just need one sperm donor correct?
I'm glad the G kids got to watch. So cool.
Enjoy the weather today!
Connie

"I have three chairs in my house: one for solitude, two for friendship, three for company."
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2011 :  11:29:49 AM  Show Profile
I am glad it went smoothly too. That's the very first time I ever saw Sandy have her kids. And this was her 5th time. And man, is she quick too.

I am keeping Abby's doe and her buck will go up the road to my friend's who have Lamancha does. So he will have a great life up there. And maybe they will take Sandy's kids too. They will be wethered. We'll see. And the grands got a kick out of watching. That was their 1st time to see goats born. So cool. Of course the almost 12 year old thought it was pretty gross. And the 9 year old wanted to know what that felt like. I said you will know when you have a child. So it was really neat they were here to see it. Life on a farm is never dull. And with 6 chicks in the dining room to boot.

Connie, 2 years ago I had 6 does and they had 11 bucks and 2 does. So I had to sell all of them. Then last year they had 6 bucks. No does. They all had to go. I have seen a few of the bucks around. The lady I got the pigs from has one. He just became a dad again. We have butchered a few. But no, I can't keep any bucks because they would be inbred sooner or later. I will be looking for a Nubian or Boer buck soon for Sandy. And I can use Moe again for Abby. He's staying where he is for awhile. He's very prolific. Every doe he bred so far has had twins. There are 5 more does at a farm over the ridge that will be kidding in a few weeks and they are all his kids too. So far he's had 17 kids born. So he's a keeper for sure. When will you be getting yours? The lady I got Abby from is in Sale Creek, Tn. She has Lamancha and Sanaan goats and they are all registered. Very healthy nice goats. That's where I am taking Zarah to get disbudded. I want her done right.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

CMac
True Blue Farmgirl

1074 Posts

Connie
Ashland City TN
USA
1074 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2011 :  6:29:29 PM  Show Profile
Funny how they all go their own way. Just like people. I was lucky and went quick with the second one! The girls got an experience so many don't get any more. Lucky girls.
Goats are currently on the long term list. We don't even have fencing yet. First thing will be to build the coop and chicken run. This fall will hopefully be blueberry planting, about an acre, and blackberries/raspberries, about 1/2 to 3/4 acre. We will try to get the apples in this fall too if the money and our backs hold out! Once that is all done we plan some raised beds (Probably Lasagna) for cut flowers for the market. That is when the fencing will probably go up. Then a goat shed and goats. Of course all of this could change in order depending on so many things. Just plans. Life could happen! I will have many questions when we get closer to getting them.
Enjoy your babies!
Connie

Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2011 :  6:59:42 PM  Show Profile
i am so glad to hear your girls are done. what a wonderful experience to have with your gkids. looking forward to pics. happy days for you kris. sherrye

the learn as we go silk purse farm
farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2011 :  04:50:41 AM  Show Profile
I just went to feed Sandy. Her boys are adorable. Her kids have always been a bit skittish. SO I need to work on that. They have messy rears. I don't think momma likes wiping butts.

Abby and her kids were at the gate waiting to eat. Abby's kids are the frinedliest kids and so beautiful. Abby jumped up on her stanchion and the kids came in with her. I put them both up on the other stanchion and told Zarah that one day she will be on her own stanchion. And she waited to pee til she was back outside! What a great doe already. I am going to have to gaurd her being she's the only girl. I will be watching over her like a hawk momma. I am so afraid something will happen to her.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Candy C.
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Candy
Mescal AZ
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2011 :  06:45:07 AM  Show Profile  Send Candy C. a Yahoo! Message
Kris,
Congrats on all the babies! :) I know what you mean about guarding the does. Madeline has had 7 babies in the last 3 years and only one doe! Looking forward to more pics!

Connie,
Last year was the first year we butchered out the "extra" boys. I was impressed with the meat! We will be doing that again this year, we take them to the U of A Meat Sciences Lab, can't do it ourselves!

Candy C.
Farmgirl Sister #977
www.calicocandy.etsy.com
http://stores.countrycents.com/StoreFront.bok?affiliate_no=6
Go confidently in the direction of your dreams.
Go to Top of Page

frolicnfibers
True Blue Farmgirl

668 Posts

Diana
White City Oregon
USA
668 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2011 :  07:10:55 AM  Show Profile
Oh Kris they are so adorable! A big fat congratulations to you :) !! We're expecting angora baby goats this month also, but the date is a mystery :)

Diana

Please come visit my animals and my Etsy stores on my new blog!
http://www.frolicnfancies.etsy.com
http://www.frolicnfibers.blogspot.com
http://www.frolicnfibers.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

CMac
True Blue Farmgirl

1074 Posts

Connie
Ashland City TN
USA
1074 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2011 :  07:53:21 AM  Show Profile
Candy- I get that for sure. I struggled with butchering the roos. I can't imagine doing my own goats. I'll have to find someplace to do it to.
Kris- I understand your protectiveness. You have waited a long time for this girl!
Connie

Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2011 :  11:36:19 AM  Show Profile
Thanks, Candy and Diana. I bet you are excited about your goats, Diana. I have still not used that yarn I got from you. I am waiting to learn to knit because it just needs to knitted into something pretty. Crochet is ok but not for that pretty yarn. SO I am waiting.

Yes, I am going to be too protective, I can tell already. She is so cute. And like her name she is a princess. She is very dainty and does not like to get dirty. But I bet she will stand up for herself with her brother and the other 2 bucks. She'll let them know who's the boss.

Sandy is not cleaning the rears of her kids at all. They are pooping but she just smells it. So I guess I am going tohave to go clean some kid butts. I will have to milk her too because she is big.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

rksmith
True Blue Farmgirl

858 Posts

Rachel
Clayton GA
USA
858 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2011 :  7:23:13 PM  Show Profile
Cute cute babies. Congratulations !!

Rachel
Farmgirl Sister #2753

Do not ask the Lord to guide your footsteps, if you are not willing to move your feet--Dr. Kioni

http://www.mynsp.com/rksmith
http://madame1313.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

luv2farmnd
True Blue Farmgirl

53 Posts

Dona
Northwood North Dakota
USA
53 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2011 :  7:55:34 PM  Show Profile
Goats are my favorite to raise besides my bottle calves.I had 500 goats for 2 years I raised and 200 were the mama's and then with all the 350+ babies I had and 48 babies that I was bottle feeding 20 ounce bottles 3 times a day.. My life changed ya mite say but what a blast!
Such personalities they all have. I have some pics Ill find here and post also...

Enjoy those babies!!

Luvin' God's CountryFarm life in ND!
Dona

Farmgirl Sisterhood #2860
Farmgirl Chapter~ Crazy in the Country

Edited by - luv2farmnd on Apr 22 2011 8:12:24 PM
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2011 :  8:53:21 PM  Show Profile
Dona, would love to see pictures. I love goats. The most I ever bottle fed was 7. And I will not do that again.

All the kids are doing great. I am taking them tomorrow to get disbudded. I hope all goes well for them. And me. I hate this part. But they will be put to sleep so not much pain for them.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2011 :  11:53:17 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Wow Dona!! Can't wait to see your pictures!
Hugs,
Hannah

Farmgirl sister #1219!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic One Down, One To Go. Pictuers! And We're Done Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page