Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Barnyard Buddies
 One Down, One To Go. Pictuers! And We're Done
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic One Down, One To Go. Pictuers! And We're Done Next Topic
Page: of 2

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2011 :  7:40:55 PM  Show Profile
I finally have babies! I thought for sure she'd have more than just 2. She really doesn't look like she just had 2. But she did. My goat Abby had twins about 5:30 this evening. While I was gone on my walk, of course. I have never seen this goat give birth. I was only gone an hour and 20 minutes. And the 1st one was just about dried off. The 2nd one was still a bit wet. But they are both so cute. And they look like their Momma. She's mostly black with tannish underneath and white bars on her face. The 1st one has a perfect #3 on it's right side. The 2nd one has white spots on both sides.

Anyone want to guess what she had?

Now we wait on Sandy. They weren't due til the 19th. This is so fun. I am so happy to have cute little goatie babies again!

Kris

Happiness is simple.

Edited by - kristin sherrill on Apr 17 2011 08:52:26 AM

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2011 :  8:39:22 PM  Show Profile
oh yipee for you. and i and betting they are does. please be does. right kris? oh i want pics for sure. tell us more hows the weather? must be nice you were walking. so good day for babies. happy days for you kris,,,,,,,,sherrye

the learn as we go silk purse farm
farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

amomfly
True Blue Farmgirl

658 Posts

Angie
LaGrange IN
USA
658 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2011 :  03:06:33 AM  Show Profile
Oh man Kris, I am so excited for you! I am betting they are does!? Kris what are they? You will surely have more soon! YEAH!

Come visit my blog
http://angieruralliving.blogspot.com/

God Bless
Angie-amomfly
Go to Top of Page

walkinwalkoutcattle
True Blue Farmgirl

1675 Posts

Megan
Paint Lick KY
USA
1675 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2011 :  03:57:13 AM  Show Profile
Kris, how could you post this and not give us pictures!!!! ACK!

Farmgirl #2879 :)
Starbucks and sushi to green fried tomatoes and corn pudding-I wouldn't change it for the world.
www.cattleandcupcakes.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2011 :  05:18:01 AM  Show Profile
She had a DOE and a buck. They are the cutest little kids she has ever had since being here. I forgot to say that the little doe is frosted over the black. I guess from the Nubian in the buck that I borrowed. And the buck has little white spots all over the black. They both have gopher ears.

I am naming the little doe Zarah after that poor little girl that was killed last year. It means princess and radiance. Very fitting for such a special little girl. Both of them. So she is Zarah Belle.

Now I need to find a name for the buck. I really don't know what I will do with him. He may go down the road to my friends who have 2 Lamancha does. He is a cutie for sure.

I am going to take these to my vet friend to have them disbudded. She puts them to sleep. She did a great job on Sandy when she was a baby. So their first road trip will be to Sale Creek, Tn.

I will get pictures soon. It's dark in the barn so I will wait til they are outside.

I GOT A DOE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Candy C.
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Candy
Mescal AZ
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2011 :  07:02:12 AM  Show Profile  Send Candy C. a Yahoo! Message
Congrats Kris! Glad you got a doe out of it! Post pictures when you can, we all LOOVE looking at baby pictures! :)

Candy C.
Farmgirl Sister #977
www.calicocandy.etsy.com

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams.
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2011 :  07:07:15 AM  Show Profile
oh happy days for you. i am so glad you have a girl baby. how are they doing this am? sherrye

farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

CMac
True Blue Farmgirl

1074 Posts

Connie
Ashland City TN
USA
1074 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2011 :  07:12:00 AM  Show Profile
This is so exciting! I'm glad you got your doe. Fingers crossed for Sandy's babies.
Connie

"I have three chairs in my house: one for solitude, two for friendship, three for company."
Author: Henry David Thoreau
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2011 :  07:17:11 AM  Show Profile
They are both up and going this morning. I milked Abby because she's so big. And the pig got it. She was a happy pig. Nice and warm straight from the goat 5 feet away. Can't get any better than that. They need to come get this pig! Allan is working on the pen and was waiting for a post to set yesterday. I am so proud of Abby. Finally after 3 years of all bucks she gave us a girl. And such a pretty girl too. Very dainty. And she had the nursing down right away. The buck kept wanting to go up too high. I was getting a little worried so I got a bottle and milked Abby last night and he took about half of it. So I felt better about leaving them for the night. He's got it figured out this morning. Her udder is so big though it's hard for them to get under it. She's got about 4" long teats and her udder is about 6" from the ground so not much room under there. But they are doing great so far. And I am a happy farmgirl!

I hope Sandy goes ahead and has hers soon. I am tired of this waiting game. And I thought for sure she'd go first. I hope hers has some ears. She's at least 3/4 Nubian and the buck is 1/4 Nubian. So they will more than likely have elf ears but I am hoping for a little more than that. I am going to breed her next time with a full Nubian or a Boer just so I can have a long eared goat baby.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4277 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4277 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2011 :  07:23:07 AM  Show Profile
congrats Kris YOu sure sound excited! Hope all goes well with the new babies
MIchele
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2011 :  07:36:50 AM  Show Profile
so glad all is good for you there. i have been milking ginger some too. she is huge. when she has a full load she carries about 1 1/2 gallons twice a day. i too have the funny elf ears from her. a baby got out last night through a loose board. wow crying crying. i was in the tub. so out i went wet and sure enough cissy was out. so now i am putting marilyn in. she is due anytime. so happy you are getting milk from her. you will have yummy milk in a few days. happy days for you. sherrye

farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

amomfly
True Blue Farmgirl

658 Posts

Angie
LaGrange IN
USA
658 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2011 :  09:18:35 AM  Show Profile
Wow! A doe! I am so gald you finally got a doe! Good for you!

Come visit my blog

God Bless
Angie-amomfly
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2011 :  11:06:49 AM  Show Profile
Thanks, y'all. I am excited! She is so pretty. They are outside right now enjoying this beautiful day. That darn pig is trying her hardest to get out and I am afraid she will. And if she does, I'm afraid she'll hurt or even kill a kid. She has got to go today. I'll put Abby and the kids up front so they will be safe.

Sherrye, I hope your little one is ok. That happened last year to one of the little bucks. He was outside all night by himself. Poor little fella. But he was fine as soon as he saw his momma again. Milk just makes everything better. I hope you didn't get sick running out there all wet and half nekked. The things we do for our babies.

I am just lovin' these little guys. Help me think of a good name for the boy. I had thought about Zues but when I say it, it doesn't sound right. So I need a name for him.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Candy C.
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Candy
Mescal AZ
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2011 :  2:36:37 PM  Show Profile  Send Candy C. a Yahoo! Message
I named one of my little boys Xander (his brother is Ziggy because he has a zig-zag blaze on his face.) The names seemed to go well together! LOL!!

Candy C.
Farmgirl Sister #977
www.calicocandy.etsy.com

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams.
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2011 :  3:57:40 PM  Show Profile

The one on the right is Zarah.

Kris

Edited by - kristin sherrill on Apr 14 2011 4:01:33 PM
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2011 :  4:00:37 PM  Show Profile

Here's another one. Ain't she cute? Her momma thinks so too.

Kris

Edited by - kristin sherrill on Apr 14 2011 4:02:20 PM
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2011 :  4:04:14 PM  Show Profile

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

amomfly
True Blue Farmgirl

658 Posts

Angie
LaGrange IN
USA
658 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2011 :  5:27:26 PM  Show Profile
They are adorable! Oh man I love those colors!

Come visit my blog

God Bless
Angie-amomfly
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2011 :  6:41:14 PM  Show Profile
oh kris they are so cute. all shiny and happy in the sun. so happy for you sherrye

farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

CMac
True Blue Farmgirl

1074 Posts

Connie
Ashland City TN
USA
1074 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2011 :  7:05:58 PM  Show Profile
Oh my goodness I gotta have some goats. You girls love yours so much it makes me want them now not later! They are sooo cute Kris. I want to hold her. I want her to climb on me and nuzzle my neck. I want to smell her baby goat smell. I am smitten. :)
Connie

"I have three chairs in my house: one for solitude, two for friendship, three for company."
Author: Henry David Thoreau
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2011 :  7:11:01 PM  Show Profile

Here's Sandy. Or Miss Rotunda goat. She can not go too much longer now.

Did y'all see the 2 pictures on the 1st page?

Connie, you need some goats. I don't know how people leive without them. They are so funny, these little ones. I have a video somewhere of some baby goats a few years back. I'll have to hunt it up. It's hilarious.

This pasture will be where my lambs will be some day if I ever get some. It goes way to the right, about an acre. It's getting very tall out there.

Kris

Happiness is simple.

Edited by - kristin sherrill on Apr 14 2011 7:16:00 PM
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2011 :  7:14:03 PM  Show Profile

Here's another Sandy pic.

Can y'all tell my daughter came out and uploaded all my pictures for me? I have more pictures of my animals than I do my grandkids.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2011 :  04:50:39 AM  Show Profile
Kris,
They are adorable. I hope your DD showed you how to upload pics so you can share them more often.

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

Happy to be a "Raggedy Ann" in a Barbie World!

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

amomfly
True Blue Farmgirl

658 Posts

Angie
LaGrange IN
USA
658 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2011 :  05:07:01 AM  Show Profile
Kris- I did see the pics on the first page. They are just adorable! I really love the colors on the buck!

Come visit my blog

God Bless
Angie-amomfly
Go to Top of Page

HollyHobby
True Blue Farmgirl

78 Posts

Holly
Astoria NY
USA
78 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2011 :  07:33:11 AM  Show Profile
How precious!

Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things. ~ Robert Brault
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2011 :  07:36:38 AM  Show Profile
i forgot when your next one is due kris? marilyn is in her stall. i will keep a close eye on her this week. hope it goes nice and eay. happy days sherrye

farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic One Down, One To Go. Pictuers! And We're Done Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page