Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Woman to woman question Next Topic
Page: of 2

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2011 :  6:14:20 PM  Show Profile
I have a dilemma: how does an admittedly robust, single, middle-aged woman project an aura of sexiness without leading men to believe that she's "on the prowl"? I used to be thin (a long time ago) and men wanted to date me, but I soon found they were only interested in one thing. I dressed in a sexy but wholesome style. Then, after some very bad experiences ( a guy who thought he was Jesus and another who mentally abused me), I gained a lot of weight and just didn't worry about guys anymore. I still don't worry about guys, and I know I'll never be a size 7 again, but I feel like such a slob sometimes. I usually wear jeans and loose-fitting t-shirts. I've been walking a lot lately in an effort to lose some weight and just feel better about myself. I don't care if I'm never thin again, but i want to at least feel sexy. I feel frumpy. 'Tis no fun:( Any suggestions?
Cindy

"Vast floods can't quench love, no matter what love did/ Rivers can't drown love, no matter where love's hid"--Sinead O'Connor
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/

Okie Farm Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

1674 Posts

Mary Beth
McLoud Oklahoma
USA
1674 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2011 :  6:49:53 PM  Show Profile
Prariehawk: I understand where you are coming from. Getting older and heavier is not something that any of us invisioned back in our 20's when we thought we were "all that and a bag of chips"! The thing that I have found though, for myself, is that when I was so focused on my looks back then, I wasn't focused on the very things that makes one attractive - kindness, a ready smile, laughter, joy, a willingness to offer a helping hand, compassion and on and on. In other words, I found out that by not focusing on myself and how I look, while focusing on Christ and how He would have me treat others, all of a sudden I don't feel frumpy anymore. It's that inner peace thing that hopefully shines through the gray hair, the extra pounds and the tennis shoes that have to be worn because your formerly broken foot can't handle very many other kinds of shoes!!

I have come to realize that nobody looks at me or thinks about me as much as I do when I get caught up in my looks. I have a pretty good sized birthmark on my face (which I do keep covered with makeup) but my husband loves me because of my INNER birthmark. But I've never had the outer one removed because somehow, I have always felt that it was God's finger touching my face when I was born! :-) I pray that you can look at yourself in the mirror and remember that you are "fearfully and wonderfully made - I know it full well because God's works are wonderful" Psalm 139 Have a blessed day.

Mary Beth

www.OklahomaPastryCloth.com
www.Oklahomapastrycloth.com/blog
The Sovereign Lord is my strength - Habakkuk 3:19
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2011 :  7:24:27 PM  Show Profile
Mary Beth--I agree that inner qualities make a person attractive, and I do smile a lot more than I used to, but sometimes, I'll see my reflection unexpectedly in the mirror, and I think: who IS that strange woman? then I realize it's me. I once fell in love at first sight with a man who had an extremely scarred face from severe acne, but he had beautiful eyes. And I fell in love with him. Sadly, his self-esteem was so poor that he couldn't believe that I was attracted to him. And maybe that's part of what I'm feeling now--like I don't deserve to look good, even though I try to see the positive in all situations. It's a real struggle at times.
cindy

"Vast floods can't quench love, no matter what love did/ Rivers can't drown love, no matter where love's hid"--Sinead O'Connor
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Go to Top of Page

batznthebelfry
True Blue Farmgirl

1257 Posts

Michele
Athol Ma
USA
1257 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2011 :  7:45:04 PM  Show Profile
Oh honey you have just got yourself in a emotional rut & like with all things it will take time for you to work it out so you feel good about yourself. I know it can be soooo hard to see yourself & wonder what the Heck happened....I think we all go thur it sometime or another especially when we get older...I lost all my upper teeth 3 yrs ago & the dentures they gave me don't fit right so I go without them....I am good to go as long as I don't see my face...not that I was beautiful or pretty but just cute & now I look alot like my grandmother did when she was in her late 60's...not something I am ready for but believe it or not everyone around me or who meets me doesn't treat me bad or rude....I think its my mindset that is the problem at times not the other people because they don't seem to care....Its ok to struggle & have the self doubts, just realize them for what they are & go on. I like the fact you are walking not so much for the exercise but for the getting out of the house...I some days can't leave my house because of my mindset but I know I am going thur it & thats ok....I also try to do things that make me happy....putting my hair up differently, wearing fun earrings...wear a country dress instead of sweats.....it seems to help me on those moody days when I do this...I have a good feeling you will work this out in time as you sound like a real smart girl who sees it happening & is talking about it....keep that chin up my dear....Email me if you ever want to talk....Michele'

Chickens rule!
The Old Batz Farm
Hen #2622
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2011 :  7:51:03 PM  Show Profile
I am bigger than I want to be, but I have learned that it's how God see's me that's important. And He's willing to die for me I'm so beautiful to him.

My older sis is quite a bit larger than I am. She is really rather round. She wears snug fittin jeans and a looser fittin tank top with a silky see-through button up dressy shirt over it and she looks...well...SEXY!

She is a very happy, bubbly, outgoing, friendly person. It just sort of shines out of her. That is what makes her look so sexy. She knows she's very large, she doesn't care. Her husband is happy with the way she looks and is often quite jealous because lots of guys flirt with her.

Men see us the same way we see ourselves. If we have issues with ourselves, they take issue with who we are. If we accept ourselves and decide that we are worth it because God believes we are, they will see us as worth it.

I'm not preachin that whole 'love yourself and the world will love you' thing. I'm just sayin we tend to project our expectations to others and our expectations come from our own convictions which come from our daily thoughts.

My Hubby swears I'm sexy, I know I'm not, but I know I'm worth it! And so are you!!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

BalancingAct
True Blue Farmgirl

297 Posts

Jackie
Hoosierville
USA
297 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2011 :  11:53:06 PM  Show Profile
Has anyone seen "My Big Fat Greek Wedding"? The main character, Tula, went from "frump girl" to "beauty" just by concentrating on her attributes(self-confidence plays a big part here). If you haven't seen it- go get it! Be ready to laugh with the craziness of her family.

Farmgirl Sister #2851 -"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

knitnpickinatune
True Blue Farmgirl

1140 Posts

Sherrie
Gardena California
USA
1140 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2011 :  09:50:53 AM  Show Profile
Mary Beth I believe we are somewhat in the same boat. I learned real quick to never let any potential guy know you are divorced-in my experience,they think the romance can be shoved out the window and they become interested in only one thing. On weight issues,I say this-if losing weight in a safe & healthy manner makes anyone feel better-then they should go for it. I'm still wanting to get a Hula Hoop-I'm more interested in a flat tummy & toned body for health reasons than looks (lots of heart probs on my moms side of the family-which I've avoided thus far) I do have to watch how I dress due to the fact I'm more chesty now than when in my 20's. In the meantime,why not look around for some clothing items that aren't jeans & t shirts? (I should talk-I live in jeans & t shirts & modest tank tops) A flowing dress-a denim skirt,some blouses-shop around for deals and pamper yourself-be the diva that you really are!

http://www.mandolinbabe.com

http://www.mandolinbabe.net
http://www.gigulele-bag.net (Zibbet Store)

@MandolinChick on Twitter
mando pickin,uke strummin, & fiddle sawin' Farmgirl #702
Go to Top of Page

BarefootGoatGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1495 Posts

Corrine
North Carolina
USA
1495 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2011 :  10:06:10 AM  Show Profile  Send BarefootGoatGirl a Yahoo! Message
I agree with Sherrie...start by doing some shopping. Feeling good about you NOW is imporant. Even if you don't want to ditch the jeans, try some princess seamed button downs with feminine details. They can be worn as is with jeans (or a skirt) or layered over a pretty tank. With skirts and dresses, watch the lenth. Make sure that they fall either above or below the widest part of your calf (I vote for above, just below the knee). Go to your local thrift and have fun!!!

www.barefootfashion.wordpress.com

http://www.corrinemackrell.carbonmade.com
Go to Top of Page

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2011 :  10:27:43 AM  Show Profile
also finding the right jeans is very important to figure flattering.

I a few months ago I went to a Home and Garden show and seen this really overweight woman (hey I'm fat too! so I'm not judging!) but she was wearing skin tight "skinny" jeans, hugging her legs, and making her stomach look HUGE, she looked like a apple with legs. Not the look I'm sure she was going for. At the same show I seen another "large" lady who looked dang good! She was wearing boot cut, or straight leg jeans with the correct fit, all the focus was NOT on her stomach, she didn't look like a apple with legs, she looked just beautiful and those jeans were making her booty look lucious, instead of like apple with legs lady who's bottom looked just plain scary in those jeans!

Now I wasn't looking at these people to judge, but rather to rethink my own wardrobe! lol I a few years ago started going to the straight cut cause of what I heard on a TV show and only dark wash (makes a huge difference in your silloutte!) but seeing the difference in person really drove home, why I will never go back to skinny jeans! lol Cause I would look just like apple with legs lady! I know it! And for sure not the look I want to go for.

I also like the shirts that go in at the waist instead of tee-shirts. I was a tshirt gal too! But, I've noticed a huge difference in my look by wearing shirts that go in at the waist! And show my waist off. Cause I have huge breast, and a tee shirt kind of looks like a tent on me. Cause my breast are so large, the tee shirt goes out at my breast and then just kind of hangs there looking like a tent. It's hard to get clothes that fit me right in the breast, and sometimes I just have to make them because clothes are made based on a B cup and I'm a I or JJ cup, so means a pretty much over haul of most patterns for shirts. But it's always worth it when it's done.

I was just reading the book Prairie Girls guide to life. And she mentioned that prairie women looked good in their clothes cause of corsettes, but also because they made their clothes tailored to them! They would tailor their clothes to their measurements. Many today just buy off the shelf, OR make clothing directly as the pattern shows. And then you won't get a perfect fit, and it won't show you off the best. I am learning at a locally owned fabric/sewing store here about how to tailor patterns to your size. (to tailor the chest for me takes a lot of work, pretty much tracing a pattern, then cutting diagonally across the breast, then spread out and retrace) But, it's so worth it, the clothes look awesome on me. EVEN tee shirts! Cause they go in at the waist! I finally have tee shirts that look GOOD on me! I took the tee shirt making class, and it has made a world of difference in how a tee shirt looks on me!

Also if you are large busted V necks always look better! Not too deep now, but still a V neck kind of shows off the curves better. Again I seen this in real life in the class I took, I had heard large busted should only wear V neck, so I chose the V neck style and all the other students chose the scoop neck (or circle neck can't think right now of what it was called!) and any way they were all jealous of mine when we were done, and I have to say the round neck did not look near as good on them as the V neck did on me, and I was quite a bit fatter then the other students! They would of looked so much better in V necks!

Any way, just somethings I have learned along the way.

I also really like the store CJ Banks for ready to wear clothes they are sporty yet, really nice and for larger women as well. And a lot of their styles really show things off nicely (with out being like a hussy!). It's all in the cut!

http://www.heathersprairie.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2011 :  3:07:33 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for all the suggestions! I guess I do need a wardrobe makeover. I have some very flattering "smaller" clothes that I've been saving for when I can wear them again (I can hope!) but I've been having trouble finding larger attractive fitting clothes. the problem is I've gained too much in the wrong places (around the waist)which is a very bad place to have extra pounds. Not just because it makes you look bad, but it's unhealthy. And I care enough about my health to do something about it. I read that if a woman's waist is more than 35 inches, it increases the risk of heart disease. I don't wear skirts too often, even though I look good in them. I would like to learn how to sew, and I haven't seen "My Big, Fat Greek Wedding" but I'll look for it. Got to get my groove back!
Cindy

Go to Top of Page

Okie Farm Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

1674 Posts

Mary Beth
McLoud Oklahoma
USA
1674 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2011 :  3:21:17 PM  Show Profile
Yay for you Cindy!! And yes, you HAVE to see My Big Fat Greek Wedding. It's a hoot, and the main character actually wrote it about her real family. She was new to acting when they decided to use her in her own story!!

Mary Beth

www.OklahomaPastryCloth.com
www.Oklahomapastrycloth.com/blog
The Sovereign Lord is my strength - Habakkuk 3:19
Go to Top of Page

BarefootGoatGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1495 Posts

Corrine
North Carolina
USA
1495 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2011 :  3:42:50 PM  Show Profile  Send BarefootGoatGirl a Yahoo! Message
heather, i too have a huge difference in bust/body size. instead of sizing up the bustline, i start with a pattern that fits in the bust and size the rest down. that way i dont have to do the slash and spread method that takes so much time. i just cut away the pattern pieces where i dont need the extra room. this results in the armholes of my dresses/tops being a bit bigger than usual, but i like that. as an active girl, i find that most set in sleeves result in limited shoulder movement and i have been known to tear them out.

Go to Top of Page

HollyG
True Blue Farmgirl

214 Posts

Holly
Hamburg Arkansas
USA
214 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2011 :  7:03:55 PM  Show Profile  Click to see HollyG's MSN Messenger address
Girlfriend, you are in the same boat many of us are. I'm personally glad I'm not rowing in a circle all by myself! I've found the secret is not in how others see me, but how I see myself. Like the other posts, I have learned to tell myself I'm uniquely and wonderfully created in the image of God. He made me just as I am. Of course, I added the chocolate, but my features and characteristics are His.

Now, not to discount what a relationship with Him will do - it's the best thing you can do. If men would be honest (and some of them are) they are just as attracted to our attitudes and confidence as they are our bodies. Not arguing the fact they are visual creatures and like all of us, "see" with their eyes first, but any man worth his salt will look a little deeper. Confidence is the sexiest thing out there - look at some of the leading men in the movies - not all of them are gorgeous, but they have that confident devil-may-care attitude that has women panting after them.

I've found that making myself feel good about me is the simple stuff. I like to paint my toe nails. Rarely does anyone else see them, but I know they are cute in a home-done French manicure. It makes me smile to know I'm walking on beautiful feet. I went to college with a girl who spent a fortune of her daddy's money at Victoria's Secret. She said even if she was wearing grubby sweats, she knew she had on pretty panties and it just made her smile to know something no one else did. What a philosophy! Find something that makes you feel good - painted toes, pretty panties, a great smelling lotion...with glitter, a bikini wax ;) . Whatever it takes. Indulge yourself. I guarantee it will change your whole attitude.

HollyG
Farmgirl #2513
www.mydeepwoodslife.com
Go to Top of Page

hawthorn7
Farmgirl at Heart

8 Posts

Chimene
Mayville New York
USA
8 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2011 :  7:27:45 PM  Show Profile
What great suggestions! I too am at the -gained weight, going grey stage. I think the big thing is to do a little something for yourself when you get dressed. It doesn't need to be a new wardrobe, but sometimes a scent you love, or a bit of jewelry, or promising yourself you won't go out in sweats (or whatever you think of as your 'stay at home comfy cloths') even if it's to run to the store. A little primping goes a long way. For me, it's earrings- I feel positively manly without them, lol. Also getting out and doing the things you enjoy and pursuing your interests. Its all about being interesting to yourself and giving your self a bit of TLC. I think that sometimes the biggest problem is that most of us have so much else to take care of- house, farm, family, job, etc. that caring for our self gets set aside (no time, no money, no one's looking) and eventually we fall out of the habit of pampering our self a bit, until it feel weird or makes us self conscious to even go for it. The nice thing is that that extra minute or two to care for yourself has a chain reaction- you feel good and like yourself more, and then others start enjoying you more too.

"Success requires the emotional balance of a committed heart. When confronted with a challenge, the committed heart will search for a solution. The undecided heart searches for an escape."
Go to Top of Page

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2011 :  10:48:22 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Corrine, the only problem is.......they don't make patterns with my bust size. Even when I go to the highest ones they sell which is a 3x they don't make it to my bust inches. The only ones that do are by elizabeth lee, and that's cause her's are based on a D cup. I have no idea why the companies make their patterns based on a B cup when I would imagine the average american woman if she is truly wearing her correct bra size is probably a C to D cup. (most women though are wearing too big of a band and too small of a cup. I can see it in how their breast are sagging past their elbows, while I have to roll mine up in my bra-or they would sag much lower then my elbows lol, with correct band size/cup size they set where they are supposed to between my shoulder and elbow and not below! lol haha)

Go to Top of Page

pnickols
True Blue Farmgirl

808 Posts

Patricia
Parma Ohio
808 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2011 :  05:04:41 AM  Show Profile
does everyone get into the "frumpy" feeling in middle age? I am 53 and have gained around the middle, yeah for menopause,I have days where I feel so blah..... bless my hubby, he always manages to make me feel like the 20 something he married
Go to Top of Page

BarefootGoatGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1495 Posts

Corrine
North Carolina
USA
1495 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2011 :  09:05:36 AM  Show Profile  Send BarefootGoatGirl a Yahoo! Message
heather! i have been trying to convince women that they wear the wrong size for years now. just beacuse some idiot at Victoria's Secret measured them and told them what size they are (of course, a size Victoris'a actualy carries) they wont concider trying a different size. as a designer, i don't feel i can properly dress a woman wearing the wrong bra size! it just makes me crazy to see a size 6 girl wearing a 38DD simply beacuse nobody ever told her that a 32I exists.

Go to Top of Page

CurlysQuilts
True Blue Farmgirl

569 Posts

Sarah
Northeast Kingdom VT
USA
569 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2011 :  10:12:09 AM  Show Profile
I worked at Fashion Bug for a couple of years (before they went bankrupt!) and if there was one thing I learned it's learn to dress the size you are. Don't buy things that are the size you want to be, or even a size smaller that what you are. Getting the size that fits you correctly will make you look better, and no one has to know what size it is. There is a real mentality of being beautiful even when you are big. Figure out what style looks awesome on you and stick with it. Jackie Kennedy used to buy the same exact outfit in all it's available colors cause she got this idea. Making your own clothes is good too (I'm learning this right now myself). And just for laughs, watch "What Not To Wear". Such a great show that gives you some very simple and elegant tips on how to dress your shape.

Curly's Quilts
www.curlysquilts.etsy.com

“He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.” - Micah 6:8

Go to Top of Page

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2011 :  10:15:35 AM  Show Profile
so true, so true, I kind of loathe victoria secret for just that reason! I mean if you are going to specialize in underwear, why can't you have ALL sizes! And while Penny's has a larger range of sizes, they do it too with the saying you are X size only because that's the sizes they carry.

I wish that there was more My Intimacy stores around, that's where I got the best fit in my life! And even though they carry a LARGE range of sizes they did not have my size in nursing bras. AND they did not try to sell me one that didn't fit. The lady got me the largest bra cup for my band size they had and it still was too small, she didn't try to get me a larger band size to convince me of fit, instead she said she was sorry and to look online and gave me some leads. I went to Nordstrom's where they lady again tried to put me too small of a bra, but at least they had a brand that worked for me, just not in my size, but from them I knew that the brand carried my size so I was able to go online and order them. Elomi is the only brand that carries nursing bras in my size. I am so glad though that people at My Intimacy didn't just try to make a sale that day! They have always been super duper with me though. Too bad they are far and few between. I went to the one in Manhattan, any one who ever visits NYC, I think My Intimacy is a MUST see! My mom is a dr, and she says she thinks there would be a LOT less breast reductions if people knew how to get the right size bra (cause their back wouldn't hurt, etc). And with the risk of the surgery she would rather see them wearing a correct fitting bra then getting the surgery.

BTW My Intimacy does sell my size in regular bras. And I love every bra I have bought from them. Especially my prima donna! oh if only prima donna made nursing bras!

Edited by - MagnoliaWhisper on Apr 15 2011 10:18:24 AM
Go to Top of Page

CMac
True Blue Farmgirl

1074 Posts

Connie
Ashland City TN
USA
1074 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2011 :  10:29:19 AM  Show Profile
Us skinny girls can have the same issues. Just sayin. I remember when I noticed that men didn't look at me the same way anymore. I'm talking on the street, in stores etc. It was like I was suddenly invisible. I was still in good shape, took care with my looks and dress but still something had changed. I determined it was my age. Messed with my head for a while! I came to terms with it cause it seemed I could get angry and resentful or accept it cause I sure can't change it. I realized I'm not part of the procreation game anymore. I'm just not a player so why the need to compete? That little realization changed my perception of how I am perceived. I am now a wise woman. That is where my value is. I have to honor my new role and serve as best I can. Still on that path and loving it.
Connie

"I have three chairs in my house: one for solitude, two for friendship, three for company."
Author: Henry David Thoreau
Go to Top of Page

goneriding
True Blue Farmgirl

1599 Posts

Winona
Central Oregon
USA
1599 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2011 :  12:21:26 PM  Show Profile
I'm in that middle aged fluffy group too. Actually, what has brought me out of it is finding Ross Dress for Less and shopping my heart out! I have always loved the nicer things but am a chinch too. Since I found that store, I have jackets and blouses, tops w/spaghetti straps, camisoles (black, no less), bras od every sort, shoes, the list goes on!

However, I have a slight paunch and so wear Levi somethingorothers. They have tummy control and long for my boots.

Then I discovered Sally Beauty Supply and have contibuted seriously to their bottom line. I consider it all an investment.

I color my hair and do it all up. Am experimenting with a little different haircut each time I go in.

I do want to lose weight and the only way is to walk it off. Now that the weather is getting nicer, I'm out walking my pudgy dogs.

Hubby supports me in all this, although he would like to see some weight go. I'm finally comfy with myself.

For some 'venting'-type of entertainment, please read my blog, http://lostadventuresintrucking.blogspot.com . Now with pictures!!

Go to Top of Page

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2011 :  1:09:05 PM  Show Profile
oh you know I have never had my hair cut at Sally's in fact, I think the only Sally's we had that did hair cuts is out of business now, I will have to call around. But, I have been wondering if they were any good. What is the average price of a Sally's hair cut, and do they go based on length (ie charge more for long hair?).

Go to Top of Page

goneriding
True Blue Farmgirl

1599 Posts

Winona
Central Oregon
USA
1599 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2011 :  3:30:22 PM  Show Profile
Oh, I didn't make it clear, sorry.

I buy my hair color and cakeup stuff from there. My hair is cut at Supercuts or Superclips, can't remember the name. I have an easy haircut and so they do a good job. I've gone to real salons and , honestly, they usually botch it up. Simpler the better.

For some 'venting'-type of entertainment, please read my blog, http://lostadventuresintrucking.blogspot.com . Now with pictures!!

Go to Top of Page

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2011 :  4:19:11 PM  Show Profile
lol ok. I gotchya now, one of our Sally's for a while did have a salon, I never knew the price though.

Funny I went to Super Cuts here once and they really messed up my hair, gave me a mullet, I don't like my hair in a mullet, I looked around and every one in there had a mullet, small children were literally crying, cause that's not what they wanted. Either was the hair cut I got, I showed a picture! And she still gave me a mullet, same with the little kids they had pics, and still got a mullet, we all looked the same when we left! hahaha So I haven't went back there.

Sadly I find the walmart salon is super cheap and always does a good job, but I just hate paying walmart, when I know the girls there aren't getting much money at all. So I was hoping Sally's may be a good alternative. lol haha

Edited by - MagnoliaWhisper on Apr 15 2011 4:20:17 PM
Go to Top of Page

Joey
True Blue Farmgirl

1868 Posts

Joey
Gulf Coast FL
USA
1868 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2011 :  5:22:52 PM  Show Profile
Oh Cindy,
Count me in! I was SO sexy even before I knew what that meant. After a HORRIBLE divorce (while I was pregnant with a baby who then died) I decided I wanted to be alone forever. I deliberately gained a ton of weight so men would leave me ALONE. My current DH is a guy I knew several decades ago before I married my ex and he would love me if I were 500lbs in a paperbag. I don't feel sexy. He knew me back when I WAS sexy and doesn't care. I care. I want to feel sexy again. I'm a nurse so I mostly wear scrubs but most of my every day clothes are black "leave me alone" outfits. I have no desire to shop and I have HUGE boobs so nothing fits anyway, but I hated clothes even when I was thin. Cindy, here's my only trick...wear earrings and a V neck...it makes people look to your face (and maybe a little less at my boobs.) There's this stupid joke but I like it.."Why did God give women big breasts? So strange men woun't have to make eye contact. HA.
Mostly I am a happy person in a good relationship with God and my family. I am confident and funny. I'm walking more. I'm good at my job. I have great friends. I just wish I could get back to sexy.

Well behaved women rarely make history.
Go to Top of Page

Beverley
True Blue Farmgirl

2707 Posts

Beverley
atlanta Michigan
USA
2707 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2011 :  9:17:49 PM  Show Profile
wow am I glad I found this thread. I have felt this way for a year or two now and just did not know how to put it into words. you women did that for me. I am a jeans and t shirt person, always have been but have gained weight and just don't look as good as I would like too. I look in the mirror and wonder too, who is this person. I am 53 but feel 80 sometimes , I think just because of how I feel about myself. I am going to start walking as soon as the weather here gets warmer. Wow I am not alone. That in itself feels good. Thank you ladies!!!

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog....Charles F. Doran
beverley baggett
Beverley with an extra E...
https://sites.google.com/site/bevsdoggies/
http://bevsdoggies.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Woman to woman question Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page