Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 NEw Apron for MIL for the 4th
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic NEw Apron for MIL for the 4th Next Topic  

GaiasRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2552 Posts

Tasha-Rose
St. Paul Minnesota
2552 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2006 :  07:05:36 AM  Show Profile
MIL, Zella, in her new apron I made for the 4th:

and an outfit I made to sell:

and a shirt I made for a friend:

"I would not interfere with any creed of yours or want to appear that I have all the cures. There is so much to know...so many things are true. The way my feet must go may not be best for you. And so I give this spark of what is light to me, to guide you through the dark, but not tell you
what you must see."
-Author Unknown

"Contradiction is not a sign of falsity, nor the lack of contradiction a sign of truth."
— Blaise Pascal

~*~Brightest Blessings~*~
Tasha-Rose

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2006 :  07:29:46 AM  Show Profile
TASHA,
How very cute, and what a luckey MIL. Have you made aprons before? Anyway good job, wish I knew how to make them.
NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page

GaiasRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2552 Posts

Tasha-Rose
St. Paul Minnesota
2552 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2006 :  07:31:34 AM  Show Profile
I have made a few aprons. I am working on an edwardian apron from a sense adn sensibility pattern right now, but mostly I have done them w/o a pattern as a part of an outfit...like a petti and an apron with a shirt....stuff like that...this is my business on top of our farming. I am current;y working on a Renn Faire Wedding gown, too....OY!

"I would not interfere with any creed of yours or want to appear that I have all the cures. There is so much to know...so many things are true. The way my feet must go may not be best for you. And so I give this spark of what is light to me, to guide you through the dark, but not tell you
what you must see."
-Author Unknown

"Contradiction is not a sign of falsity, nor the lack of contradiction a sign of truth."
— Blaise Pascal

Tasha-Rose
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2006 :  07:35:19 AM  Show Profile
Tasha-
Your MIL looks so happy in her new apron!! You others are really cute.
Good job!!

Karin
Go to Top of Page

Kathigene
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Kathy
New York
160 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2006 :  07:44:51 AM  Show Profile  Send Kathigene an AOL message  Send Kathigene a Yahoo! Message
Tasha,

I love the top. Really nice. I'm a big fan of pink and gray together and that's the way the color is reading on my monitor. Did you just cut out different parts of the pattern with different materials? I love that type of thing. For a historical point of view, my mom who was born in 1917 hated somethng made with different fabrics. She said it reminded her of the depression. Interesting how different a generation's point of view is formed.

Kathy

Dogs make such good friends because they wag their tails rather then their tongues.
Go to Top of Page

GaiasRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2552 Posts

Tasha-Rose
St. Paul Minnesota
2552 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2006 :  08:29:40 AM  Show Profile
I usefat quarters a lot....lots of quilters bundles...The patterns are all my own.

The top is actually pink and sage. My MIL took off the apron because she didn't want to get it dirty...I about peed myself I laughed so hard. I haven't an apron that I haven't dirtied....LOL

what you must see."
-Author Unknown

— Blaise Pascal

Tasha-Rose
Go to Top of Page

Whimsy_girl
True Blue Farmgirl

576 Posts

USA
576 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2006 :  09:15:58 AM  Show Profile
How cute!!!

You are so talented!

The second one down is my favorite!

B.

you can be oh so smart, or you can be oh so positive. I wasted a lot of time being smart I prefer being positive.
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic NEw Apron for MIL for the 4th Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page