Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Two finished quilts
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Two finished quilts Next Topic  

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2006 :  12:04:21 AM  Show Profile
This one I made in the past couple weeks and finally got a picture of it...it will nice to have for July decorating. It is throw size and lives folded in thirds on the back of my rocking chair in the living room for now.

The next one has been a UFO for years and years and years! A friend's grandma pieced the dresden "circles" and then I hand appliqued them onto the muslin squares and hand quilted it. I love this one and plan to keep it forever..a nice keepsake. I have two more blocks done to make pillows that match and made the 12th one into a wall hanging for my friend for a rememberance of her grandma. I did that about 10 years ago and the quilt (which is throw size) only needed a little hand finishing and binding to be done for at least 10 years..jeesh! I couldn't sleep a few nights ago and got up at 1:30 a.m. and got it done..

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com

Edited by - Aunt Jenny on Jul 01 2006 12:08:46 AM

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2006 :  04:31:00 AM  Show Profile
OK JENNY!!!! WOW
NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2006 :  05:29:06 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Jenny,
They are very nice! I have never quilted but always admire beautiful ones. They take such time and care. Thank you for sharing!!
Till Next Time...

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"
Go to Top of Page

DaisyFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

1646 Posts

Diane
Victoria BC
Canada
1646 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2006 :  09:15:07 AM  Show Profile
Wow Jenny, those are gorgeous. I have a dresden quilt that my grandmother made me and love it, too. But you...you never cease to amaze me in what you can accomplish.
Di
Go to Top of Page

connio
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

connie
springtown texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2006 :  10:11:58 AM  Show Profile

Hey Farm Girls!!

Jenny These are simply beautiful. You must never sleep!

Connie
Texas Farm Girl

cozycottage
Go to Top of Page

farmgrlchick
True Blue Farmgirl

439 Posts

Theresa
Columbus Montana
USA
439 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2006 :  12:00:35 PM  Show Profile
WOW! Double WOW!!!! Love the 4th and the UFO Too!!!!!

Farmgirl Blessings,
Theresa
http://theresaslavenderbox.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

OregonGal
True Blue Farmgirl

511 Posts

Chris
No. IL
USA
511 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2006 :  9:21:38 PM  Show Profile
These are very nice, indeed. I like the throw size and use mine alot. Thanks for sharing.

"...a merry heart does good like a medicine, it has the power to cure."
Go to Top of Page

abbasgurl
True Blue Farmgirl

1262 Posts

Rhonda

USA
1262 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2006 :  10:57:18 PM  Show Profile
Just lovely Jenny! I especially love the dresden plate! I have a grandmothers flower garden in similar colors that I love to put on my bed in the spring & summer months! So cheerful! My Gram quilted the one I have. I am soooo not a quilter! Beautiful work, thanks for sharing your pictures!

Blessings,
Rhonda

...and I will sing at the top of my lungs, and I will dance, even if I'm the only one!
Go to Top of Page

Phils Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

1095 Posts

Ann
Parsonsburg Maryland
USA
1095 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2006 :  1:24:18 PM  Show Profile
Beautiful work, Jenny! I have often wondered how you get so much done... it amazes me. Now I know what you're doing at 1:30 a.m. ;) and the secret of your productivity! I tease... I also like the Dresden design; circles in quilts always catch my eye. Your friend must treasure her wall hanging. That's really special.
Ann (whose brain collapses at 8 o,clock)

There is a Redeemer.
Go to Top of Page

westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2006 :  1:50:50 PM  Show Profile
jenny, you are the "farmgirl" of farmgirls! They are both very beautiful.

she selects wool and flax and works with eager hands Prov.31:13
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2006 :  2:23:09 PM  Show Profile
Yep..my whole secret of getting things done is NOT sleeping. Not a very good way though. But then I don't "focus" very well until about 9am. I sort of sleepwalk through the mornings.

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2006 :  4:02:37 PM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
I think most craft farm girls have that secret and there families know it even if no one else does

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe
Go to Top of Page

Aunt George
True Blue Farmgirl

1476 Posts

Georgann
Midlothian VA
1476 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2006 :  4:41:14 PM  Show Profile
Jenny, they are gorgemous!! I love throw size quilts. So nice to curl up under with a little baby dear and enjoy a crackling fire.

They are both so, so beautiful. Show them off with pride..........Thanks for sharing!!

Aunt George (aka: georgann)
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2006 :  11:35:33 AM  Show Profile
Jenny - - - how in the world do you do it? I absolutely love your quilts. Being a 4th of July baby, and my daughter, too, of course I drooled over the first one! Love that fabric! Is it appliqued or is that the print? You are amazing!!!!!

Peace
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2006 :  11:50:34 AM  Show Profile
It is the print...a panel that I cut apart..called '76 trombones by Moda. I love that they had a whole selection of fabrics that complemented it. For the backing there is an all over print of a hatchet with cherries that says My Country tis of thee really small. I will have to post a pic of that. I love it!! (the backing I mean) fun collection of fabrics!!

Jenny in Utah
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2006 :  11:52:54 AM  Show Profile
This is the backing of the 4th of July one.

Jenny in Utah
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2006 :  12:33:40 PM  Show Profile
I can just see that quilt draped over a porch railing, the stars and stripes waving above it and a family of smiling faces all in a row!
Really beautiful work on both Jenny!!

Karin
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2006 :  1:00:08 PM  Show Profile
Jenny - I know what you mean about fun fabrics. I did a Noah's Ark quilt for my first grandbaby and the fabric I found was printed with the saying "Please send a rainbow quick, Amen" and I loved it! Another one I found had doves and an ark on it, and said "forty days and forty nights". I still have some scraps and they bring me joy to look at!

Peace
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Two finished quilts Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page