Page: of 2

MaggieMB
True Blue Farmgirl

217 Posts

Mary
western Pa
217 Posts

Posted - May 01 2011 :  8:19:07 PM  Show Profile
Pennie, my heart goes out to you in your situation. I don't know of anything that I can add to what others have said, but feel free to email me, too, if you need someone to talk to. MaggieMB
Go to Top of Page

BalancingAct
True Blue Farmgirl

297 Posts

Jackie
Hoosierville
USA
297 Posts

Posted - May 01 2011 :  9:13:40 PM  Show Profile
Stephanie it sounds like you and I are a lot alike.

Farmgirl Sister #2851 -"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - May 02 2011 :  04:33:06 AM  Show Profile
I,also, moved far from my family in California. I have lived here for about 2 years. When I first read the MJF magazine I knew I had to join. It is a place where I feel comfortable and can be with caring, wonderful women. I live in a new neighborhood where most people are working and busy with their children. My children are grown and I can chat, share and have a sense of belonging here at MJF. Love this place.

Nancy
Farmgirl #2301
Go to Top of Page

buggysmum
True Blue Farmgirl

110 Posts

Shelly

110 Posts

Posted - May 15 2011 :  03:23:13 AM  Show Profile
Good morning, ladies. I was feeling really alone this morning, and found this thread and started reading....thank you all for sharing your stories and for showing what a great place this is to be...I'll be checking in often. Thank you for brightening my day.
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - May 16 2011 :  1:40:16 PM  Show Profile
What a great thread! I have a couple of friends but find myself feeling lonely, too. I see them occasionally because of the distance apart we live. Even 30 minutes apart has limits in a busy life. We text a lot but it's not the same as being together in person. I don't know any of my neighbors well enough to walk on over and start shooting the breeze. My husband and I have different interests that keep us both busy and we are very understanding of each other in that respect. Sometimes I'm knee deep in something when he has spare time and vice versa. I'm hoping I'll get to meet some farmgirls in my neck of the woods also. I'd love to be able to go 5 minutes to someone's house and hang out in their garden and talk "shop." Until then I'll just have to hang around here and get to know you ladies.

~FarmDream

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - May 25 2011 :  11:49:01 AM  Show Profile
Afternoon, ladies. May I say hello to the Calif gals who have moved? I too moved a couple yrs ago. It has been a huge change and adjustment to weather especially. But, these forums have been just the greatest and I have met some amazing ladies. Brenda (classygram) and I have become very close and it has been a joy and a blessing. Have even been able to get together a couple times. Talk on the phone often.

THe farmgirls are just a great bunch and what a blessing to be able to have a place to come too where we can be ourselves and not have to fit into the rest of the world.

Bless each of you!!

Linda

www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

keeperofthehome
True Blue Farmgirl

154 Posts

Suzanne
Atlanta Georgia
USA
154 Posts

Posted - May 30 2011 :  1:04:25 PM  Show Profile
I'm sorry and understand the feeling. My family lives far away and when my son was younger and I knew no one I was so sad. In the past few months I had felt the same way as I had surgery and couldn't leave the house with every one else at work and school. Then I prayed and asked God to help me to be content with my situation. He did.

Blessings!

www.suzysouthern.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Family Matters: Previous Topic Feeling a little alone.... Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page