paulas party flowers
True Blue Farmgirl

191 Posts

paula
golden valley az
USA
191 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2011 :  3:05:37 PM  Show Profile
hi all..hehe...judy you better make double batch of that tea....boy was I thirsty! Lol......

the best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched.they must be felt with the heart. Helen Keller
Go to Top of Page

BalancingAct
True Blue Farmgirl

297 Posts

Jackie
Hoosierville
USA
297 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2011 :  5:45:52 PM  Show Profile
Yummy! Save some for me! And a rocker!!!!!

Farmgirl Sister #2851 -"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - May 01 2011 :  11:20:22 AM  Show Profile
You got it Gals....will do!! heehee

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

french08
True Blue Farmgirl

89 Posts

Kim
Sharon Springs NY
USA
89 Posts

Posted - May 03 2011 :  6:40:06 PM  Show Profile
Such a great little garden you have there! Sounds so relaxing!

~~Kim French~~
~~Farmgirl #2997~~
Go to Top of Page

french08
True Blue Farmgirl

89 Posts

Kim
Sharon Springs NY
USA
89 Posts

Posted - May 03 2011 :  6:44:09 PM  Show Profile
Bottle garden sounds interesting. I've not heard of that either.

~~Kim French~~
~~Farmgirl #2997~~
Go to Top of Page

debra e
True Blue Farmgirl

261 Posts

Debra
Georgia
USA
261 Posts

Posted - May 22 2011 :  08:46:58 AM  Show Profile

I thought I would share with you all my bottle tree (and bottle garden). I saw that in the latest Mary Janes Magazine the last page had an article about the bottle tree and thought you would enjoy seeing mine. I still have 2 places on the tree that has to be filled with bottles. My friends and family give me the bottles to set out and yes some of them I have supplied myself (after a few sips of the wine)The red bottle was a treat, for my friend Shirley, who is 81, set out to find me a red bottle. Her mission was accomplished. This one is very special. The bottle garden may be hard to see for the ground cover is in between the bottles. In the evening when the sun starts to go down is when the sun is shining on this part of the garden. The bottles sparkle and look like Christmas tree lights.
The article in MJ Magazines says that the evil garden sprits are caught up in the bottles and can't get out. This is true for I have no bad spirits in My Garden. Only peceful calming ones.

debra e

Farmgirl Sister
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - May 22 2011 :  09:11:06 AM  Show Profile
Love your gardens and your hen house. Welcome, and it is good to have you here! I am in north Florida. You will really enjoy all you read, and I look forward to reading more of your posts!

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

debra e
True Blue Farmgirl

261 Posts

Debra
Georgia
USA
261 Posts

Posted - May 22 2011 :  09:58:58 AM  Show Profile
When I was looking at my pictures I saw this and it is from March this year. The beginning of Spring

This is today May 22.

I Love GREEN!
(Thank you God)

debra e

Farmgirl Sister
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - May 22 2011 :  12:00:38 PM  Show Profile
Deb....thanks for the pics. How creative. I like the bottle tree. I've just started to see them around Ohio. I saw one in a junk catalogue...Collections Etc, I think or Miles Kimble, I forget. We just call 'em junk-catalogues. haha Of course we buy their "junk."

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!

Edited by - herblady55 on May 22 2011 12:02:13 PM
Go to Top of Page

debra e
True Blue Farmgirl

261 Posts

Debra
Georgia
USA
261 Posts

Posted - May 22 2011 :  12:12:38 PM  Show Profile
HI Judy! I think that is where my bottle tree came from. One of the junk mags. My mom got it for me at Christmas. I love it. This tree fit right in with my Bottle Garden. Now my friends are all looking for red bottles for me.
How is your weather? My hubby is watching the qualifying of the Indy 500 on tv. It has been cancelled because of rain. Is it raining there today? I hope that you are doing well and that there is a sun ray shining on you today. Good to hear from you.
debra e

Farmgirl Sister
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - May 22 2011 :  1:38:46 PM  Show Profile
Hi again Deb. We have 88~~whew~~ *dabs brow...and breezy. A little too hot after all those cool, rainy days. But we'll take it I guess. I think it's spose to rain, but stay warm, the next 3 days. Of course....DH is off from work. LOL
Oh...I made sun-tea yesterday and put a pinch of baking soda in it to see if it would still take out the bitter taste and it did! Who-da-thunk. I thought it only worked on boiled tea. Neato!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!

Edited by - herblady55 on May 22 2011 1:43:39 PM
Go to Top of Page

paulas party flowers
True Blue Farmgirl

191 Posts

paula
golden valley az
USA
191 Posts

Posted - May 22 2011 :  8:36:36 PM  Show Profile
hello all, i was just thinking to myself, i haven't seen a post here lately, and there it is. everyone busy gardening...deb, my goodness, all that green..its beautifullllllllll. just when i convinced myself its not so bad here.right..i pay large water bills to get green. if i forget to water on time,it dies...hum...
judy how did your tea come out? yummy i hope....

the best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched.they must be felt with the heart. Helen Keller
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - May 23 2011 :  07:27:44 AM  Show Profile
Hi Paula. I too was wondering about the lack of posts on here...May 3rd to May 22nd...that's a far stretch. Yes, my tea was wonderful. I've also been using Earl-Grey, English Breakfast and others to see what kind of sun-tea it makes. It was great! Sometimes I put in just 1 mint bag,or mint leaves out of our garden or cinnamon, orange-spice or licorice. YUMMY! Isn't tea the most forgiving drink? You can't mess it up! Well, it's raining today. Hubby got the flower-pots filled and hung and set around the patio yesterday. So now they are getting a good watering. It's another "Reading" type of day, but that's ok, I learn a lot. PLUS it's only 64....a break from the high 80's. This is more like Ohio in Spring. Make it a great day Girls!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

debra e
True Blue Farmgirl

261 Posts

Debra
Georgia
USA
261 Posts

Posted - May 23 2011 :  11:08:42 AM  Show Profile
Hey Ladies, I have been busy and lazy about posting. I have checked out all our new farm girls and have just said Hey to them but have not taken the time to do anything else like writing. Time just seems to get away from me...I can't believe that the weekend is over and here it a new week again. I am not done with last week yet!!!
As far as green in our garden. It is constant watering especially at this time. Here in Ga we had quite a bit of rain and cooler temps but now the weather is in the 90's and no rain till the end of the week...A possible pop up shower. My husband helps with the watering. We have a well so there is no cost for water...But we have to watch how much we use so as not to run the well dry. We have done that in the past. Then there is no water for our hosehold use.
Now I am off to do some yard work... and talking about tea...I am getting my big sun tea jar out now. With 90 degree temps I should have good sun tea in no time. Thanks for the replys.

Farmgirl Sister
Go to Top of Page

debra e
True Blue Farmgirl

261 Posts

Debra
Georgia
USA
261 Posts

Posted - May 26 2011 :  9:09:08 PM  Show Profile
Look what I did today!!! I recycled

It was fun!
debra e

Farmgirl Sister
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - May 27 2011 :  7:51:55 PM  Show Profile
Ok....can I just say...those shoes look better than the ones I'm wearing! *giggle*
Nice job Deb!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

debra e
True Blue Farmgirl

261 Posts

Debra
Georgia
USA
261 Posts

Posted - May 29 2011 :  09:47:36 AM  Show Profile
The shoes do look good don't they. The canvas got hard on them this year. I went to put them on the the shoes were crummbly inside and hard. So I was going to toss them out but used them as planters. What conversation pieces they are. It's fun. Anyone else have fun planters that they use? Have a great Weekend.
debra e

Farmgirl Sister
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - May 29 2011 :  10:53:00 AM  Show Profile
OMGosh...I just had a thought(Iknow...let's alert the media...ROFL)...anyhoo, my thought was...if I used my hubby's size 13 sneakers.....the flowers would wilt&die from the odor!!! hahahahaha
I do like the idea of the canvas ones you used though....they will let the water drain out....if the canvas doesn't turn to cement....well....you said they were hard. Oh well....poke holes in them with an ice pic. hahaha
Today is gorgeous...breezy/sunny/low 80's/birdies tweeting/I'm sitting here on my patio-feet up-coffee cup nearby-got the lap-top out here for the 1st time ever....gotta say I like the concept. Talkin to my buds soaking up this breeze(better than rain..haha) and watching nature. Everyone in the neighborhood must be gone, cause it's quiet. I had a bout of stomach flu Thurs-Fri so had to lay around...that stinks...now my back is spasming and I have my magnetic brace on and my mag.necklace & bracelets too. Every little bit helps! I spose you are all gone and won't come out and play with me today :( Well, I'll be here when you get back. Have fun Gals!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

paulas party flowers
True Blue Farmgirl

191 Posts

paula
golden valley az
USA
191 Posts

Posted - May 29 2011 :  2:17:12 PM  Show Profile
judy,, I wanna play..i am at work at lunch..sad.sad.. We are having bad winds right now.. So I guess it's ok to be at work...sorry you were sick...i had it a couple weeks ago..i know how awful it is...

Go to Top of Page

debra e
True Blue Farmgirl

261 Posts

Debra
Georgia
USA
261 Posts

Posted - May 29 2011 :  2:28:54 PM  Show Profile
Judy, Sorry that you have been ill. I hate the flu! I am the worst patient when I get sick. A whimp! I am grateful that I am healthy. Have a great day and take good care of yourself, you are worth it. Debra e

Farmgirl Sister
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - May 29 2011 :  8:56:15 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for the sympathy girls. I'm still not eating hardly, but I am drinking a lot.
Do you know, it got up to 93 today and got REALLY humid, after I talked to you girls. I went for a walk this evening (need to build my strength up after all that laying around)and had to keep dabbing my face with a hanky. ~~whew~~ Still....better than rain, even though it was cloudy and looked like it might start any second. I stopped and talked to an older gentleman that I knew from when I worked in our pharmacy here in town and guess what he gave me? 3 tomato plants....2 from Italy! He's Italian and the seeds came here with him in 1955. Talk about an heirloom! WOW! I was born in 1955. hahaha He said they are a long,red, skinny tomato, about 7 inches long, sweet, meaty, low acid, great for sauce.Didn't say a name though. And the other one is a small round yellow one, just because I said I love yellow tomatoes because of the low acid. I'm so excited! Wasn't that nice of him? He said to make sur I tell him if we liked them or not. You betcha!!! :P
So....I'm glad I took a walk today, even if it was muggy out.
Have a good-nite!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

walkinwalkoutcattle
True Blue Farmgirl

1675 Posts

Megan
Paint Lick KY
USA
1675 Posts

Posted - May 30 2011 :  04:13:50 AM  Show Profile
How very nice of him! I found these, maybe they're similar?

http://www.paseseeds.com/servlet/the-4039/tomato,-tomato-seed,-tomato/Detail

Farmgirl #2879 :)
Starbucks and sushi to green fried tomatoes and corn pudding-I wouldn't change it for the world.
www.cattleandcupcakes.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - May 30 2011 :  09:13:27 AM  Show Profile
WOW! Thanks Megan. That looks exactly how he described them. Super! Sounds delicious!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

DeeDee
True Blue Farmgirl

162 Posts

Denise
Wyoming
162 Posts

Posted - May 30 2011 :  2:39:50 PM  Show Profile
I absolutely love your HenHouse and all your gardens.
You are one lucky lady!
Go to Top of Page

debra e
True Blue Farmgirl

261 Posts

Debra
Georgia
USA
261 Posts

Posted - May 30 2011 :  7:28:52 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Denise, My little piece of paradise!
Some days it can be alot of work...
but again it can be therapy working in the garden.
I am blessed to have this.

Farmgirl Sister
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Hello from debra e Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page