True Blue Farmgirl

180 Posts

Cynthia
Lockwood CA
USA
180 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2011 :  11:29:48 AM  Show Profile
Hi Deb,
Welcome from Lockwood CA glad you could join us. I love your hen house, nothing like a place of your own.
The picture is great.

Line Shack Farmgirl #1570
Cynthia

Happy Trails
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2011 :  12:07:43 PM  Show Profile
oooooooooooooo...home-grown apricots. I can't imagine. ~~Yummo~~
WOW! I don't start harvesting herbs until around the 4th of July. hahaha Isn't it funny ...once again....how we have so much in common....but we just do it during different months. Amazing!(GodBlessMJWebsite) Love ya Gals!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

debra e
True Blue Farmgirl

261 Posts

Debra
Georgia
USA
261 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2011 :  2:10:18 PM  Show Profile
Hey Ladies, I was thinking of you all today. I was doing some house cleaning and lost in thought. (the only way to clean) I was thinking of all the things that I have learned from y'all. It is great to be connected?
Today here in Ga...It was windy and about 60. We had a storm last night. (Not to bad.) Most of the flowers on the dogwood tree by our house are blown off. The white petals on the ground look like snow. OH MY! The tree was really pretty this year. I am sending a picture.
My herbs are coming up. The tarrgon,lemon verbena,and rue. I even have a sprout of pineaple sage.
Sring has sprung here in Ga.

Farmgirl Sister
Go to Top of Page

paulas party flowers
True Blue Farmgirl

191 Posts

paula
golden valley az
USA
191 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2011 :  3:05:29 PM  Show Profile
oh so pretty...sigh....

the best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched.they must be felt with the heart. Helen Keller
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2011 :  6:15:15 PM  Show Profile
sooooo nice...thank you Debra. All we have so far are crocus, daffy-dills*giggle* and hyacinth(sp?)

Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

debra e
True Blue Farmgirl

261 Posts

Debra
Georgia
USA
261 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2011 :  8:02:31 PM  Show Profile
Thank you for your compliments.The dogwood tree was our focal point of our property. We built our house around it 28 yrs ago.It has done us proud. You all have a good night.

Farmgirl Sister
Go to Top of Page

BalancingAct
True Blue Farmgirl

297 Posts

Jackie
Hoosierville
USA
297 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2011 :  10:10:18 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Debra! It's been fun seeing the pretty pictures you posted. Thank you for posting them.

Farmgirl Sister #2851 -"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

debra e
True Blue Farmgirl

261 Posts

Debra
Georgia
USA
261 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2011 :  9:53:21 PM  Show Profile
Hey! What a great weekend! The weather was beautiful and we had our 1st cookout this evening with some friends. Hamburgers(lean and mixed with ground turkey breast) baked beans and macoroni salad. It felt like summer. I love cook outs. Cooking on the grill is less cleanup which is the best part. We do use the grill all year long but this time of year.Hmm mm! Can't beat it.
I love how when your belly is full you all sit around and reminisce about the old days. I think at our age the future isn't as fun or appealing to talk about as the old days. I wouldn't of thought that I would be talking about the good ole days as I do now. That is for the gramps and granny's to talk about.But isn't it a good feeling to go back in time and remember when things were simpler.My mom said somethng that was surprising...we have more now...but we have less.( something to think about)I kind of liked that. Y'all have a good night. Love and a hug,
debra e

Farmgirl Sister
Go to Top of Page

debra e
True Blue Farmgirl

261 Posts

Debra
Georgia
USA
261 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2011 :  9:47:11 PM  Show Profile
Hello ladies!
My computer was frozen!!!!And it is spring here in Georgia.I don't know if anyone else feels this way...but when my computer is down I feel like I lost my friend. I can't get in touch with anyone.But we are now up and running (for now).I wish I was more computer savy.
I see that we have many new members on the farm...Welcome to all. It is such a pleasure to have connection with all of you, Have a great rest of the week.
debra e

Farmgirl Sister
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2011 :  10:29:08 AM  Show Profile
Deb, I know what your Mom means. Another way we say it is, "We're so Rich...and yet...we're so Poor! So sad ....we gave up so much to get where we are today! And they call it progress...I just don't know.(I can hear the words to the song, "Grandpa, Tell Me'Bout The Good Old Days!")
Happy Easter Girls! God...The One-Wonderful-Constant that Never changes! Alleluiah!

Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

debra e
True Blue Farmgirl

261 Posts

Debra
Georgia
USA
261 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2011 :  8:53:37 PM  Show Profile
"Grandpa,tell me about the Good ole Days"one of my favorites by the Judds. I think that times are so fast these days that we can't appreciate the moment. We are so busy thinking about what we need to do tomorrow that we are never in the moment. I am so guilty of that. Does anyone remember how you could leave your house and never lock it??? or leave the keys in your car to run into the grocery store? And everyone sat down for dinner with out a TV on and talked about their day. Good Times.

Farmgirl Sister
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2011 :  8:16:56 PM  Show Profile
AWWW Yes!! The Good Ole Days.....how I long for them!

And FYI the Judds were honored tonight along with Miranda Lambert, Carrie Underwood, Reba and a couple other country singers on the ACM Girl's Night Out. It was a celebration of women in country and I sang along with every song. It was like the good ole days and they honored Loretta Lynn with all singing Coal Miner's Daughter.

And for me when I was very little everyone went to Grandma's and Grandpa's house for Sunday dinner and you had better have a very good reason why you didn't show! :) I always believed when I grew up my kids and grandkids would all live close and they would all gather at our house. But that was never to be. People move too much nowadays and leave family and friends behind for bigger and better. Sad thing is.........so many of them are not necessarily happier.

OK I'm finished!!! :) Have a great night!

My best to all,
Mel

Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Go to Top of Page

luv2farmnd
True Blue Farmgirl

53 Posts

Dona
Northwood North Dakota
USA
53 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2011 :  8:46:07 PM  Show Profile
Country Greetings from North Dakota~~
WOW... that looks amazing~!!! Im jealous....and I wanna come for a visit on your porch....

Luvin' God's CountryFarm life in ND!
Dona

Farmgirl Sisterhood #2860
Farmgirl Chapter~ Crazy in the Country
Go to Top of Page

paulas party flowers
True Blue Farmgirl

191 Posts

paula
golden valley az
USA
191 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2011 :  8:50:38 PM  Show Profile
happy easter to all..i will be working that day...when I got home from from work today, the wind was not blowing.........i couldn't believe it..first day in weeks...i stayed out pass dark..did watering,, picked weeds and did some burning...i have so much to do...i could hide easter eggs in my weeds..lol there is no such thing as grass in the desert..

the best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched.they must be felt with the heart. Helen Keller
Go to Top of Page

debra e
True Blue Farmgirl

261 Posts

Debra
Georgia
USA
261 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2011 :  9:10:15 PM  Show Profile
Hey Mel, I watched the Girls night Out. It was WONDERFUL! Amazing women. I love all the women that were on there. I got teary when Carrie Underwood sang with Vince Gill. Lorretta Lynn and Tammy Wynett are some of the artist I grew up listening to.
Hey Dons. Come over and sit a spell in the rockers on the porch. We will have some sweet tea and watch the birds in the baths and feeders.Lean your head back, close your eyes and listen to the garden growing
Hey Paula, I love it when I get lost in my yard chores after a long day at work. One thing always leeds to another in my yard & garden... If you are burning...I will bring the hot dogs and we will have a weiner roast. That sounds like fun
Happy Easter to all.

Farmgirl Sister
Go to Top of Page

paulas party flowers
True Blue Farmgirl

191 Posts

paula
golden valley az
USA
191 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2011 :  3:05:06 PM  Show Profile
yum, I will top mine with my zucchini relish..does anyone know how to make real sweet tea? Paula

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2011 :  5:07:39 PM  Show Profile
Happy Easter girls.
I'll bring giant marshmellies for that fire and we can really have a great weinie roast.
Welcome Dona! Glad you joined us!
Paula, I got this off Allrecipes.com: From a southern gal.

~Smooth Sweet Tea~

1 pinch baking soda
2 cups boiling water
6 tea bags
3/4 cup white sugar
6 cups cool water

Sprinkle baking soda into a 64 oz. heat-proof glass pitcher. Pour in boiling water. Add tea bags. Cover and allow to steep for 15 minutes. Remove tea bags. Stir in sugar until dissolved. Poor in cool water. Refridgerate until cold.
I haven't tried it yet because DH loves unsweetened tea. BUT the reviews were great. The baking soda takes away the bitter tannin taste. Also, use whatever amount of sugar makes YOU happy. Southerners like it SWEET!! Enjoy!

Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

paulas party flowers
True Blue Farmgirl

191 Posts

paula
golden valley az
USA
191 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2011 :  12:34:20 PM  Show Profile
ok.here goes..last 3 posts have not gone through. Thanks judy for tea recipe..i will try it out thur. My day off. It will be hot and that tea will hit the spot. I think I will add mint..yum,yum....

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2011 :  2:29:45 PM  Show Profile
oooooo....mint....great idea. We have a huge spearmint patch and I'm always putting it in our suntea I make all Summer long! Love it!

Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

debra e
True Blue Farmgirl

261 Posts

Debra
Georgia
USA
261 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2011 :  2:37:11 PM  Show Profile
Hey! Happy Day after Easter. We all had a great Easter day with family,friends and remembering the graces of God.The weather was beautiful,we had lots and lots of food and ham, and the laughs were plentiful.(Even the dog and cat got ham for Easter.)
One of our Esater traditions is making Pickled Eggs. This is with pickled beets.I made 30 hard boiled eggs and let them soak in the sweet pickle beet juice. They come out good and pretty in color.We all love them. Does anyone else make Pickeld eggs?
I make sweet tea but I have never put in the baking soda.I will have to try that. That sounds interesting.
Hope y'all had a good weekend and will have to connect later. Going to go and walk with my neighbor.We have some walking and yacking to do.
debra e

Farmgirl Sister
Go to Top of Page

paulas party flowers
True Blue Farmgirl

191 Posts

paula
golden valley az
USA
191 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2011 :  3:22:39 PM  Show Profile
yummmmm.today is thur...my day off..i made the sweet tea recipe judy gave here.. I did ad my mint..so delicious. I was having a hard time waiting 15 mins to steep.. It just smelled so good...i am having a glass right now.. Thanks so much!!

deb e...did the storms hit by you? Everything ok? I've been following connie and kris..
what a mess those storms caused...take care

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2011 :  4:27:01 PM  Show Profile
Deb....we love pickled beets & eggs.
Paula...glad you liked the tea. My Sister & BIL are coming up for a visit, from N.C. next week and I'm going to make some for him since he likes sweet tea and I want to try it too. Now I have a reason to try it.
Is everyone OK after all thoe storms? We had such nasty winds last night. After DH went to work at 6AM today, I slept downstairs just to get some shut-eye. I was awake off'n on all night. It's still windy today. Seems like we can't shake these crazy winds. It's more like March....and SOOOO much rain. It looks like it's going to rain right now too. (7:30 PM)
Love ya girls. Stay safe & dry!

Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

debra e
True Blue Farmgirl

261 Posts

Debra
Georgia
USA
261 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2011 :  7:52:11 PM  Show Profile
The storms were bad last night in Ga. But we were lucky not to get hit as bad as the Alabama and NW Ga. I am sadden by the devetation. Certain towns are still doing a serch and rescue for people. It was a scary night. The weather today was windy and cloudy with the temps being cooler.

Judy- my hubby is in Canton. He flew in yesterday to the Akron Canton airport. He said that the winds were terrible in Ohio. In fact the house that he is staying at has no power. They have been with out power all day. I haven't talked to him tonight to see if it has come back on.
I hope all is well with everyone and we need to say a prayer for the families of this storm that has come through.
Love & Prayers,
debra e

Farmgirl Sister
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2011 :  08:04:07 AM  Show Profile
Wow Deb....small world.... Was this a business trip? What does he do? That's too bad that he had to stay someplace like that at this particular time. Poor guy. Is he ok today? It's a lot cooler here than in Ga. This morning is still 48 at 11 AM. Hope he brought warm clothes. This has been our coldest, wettest April in about 70 years, they say! Crazy!
Take care! Stay warm & dry gals.

Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

debra e
True Blue Farmgirl

261 Posts

Debra
Georgia
USA
261 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2011 :  12:06:33 PM  Show Profile
Hey Judy,
Hubby is on sort of a bussiness trip. His brother lives in Canal Fulton and they have rental properties together.They are checking them out. Hubby is staying at his mom and dad's house. (They are both deceased but the house is still in the family) We stay there when we are in town. I talked to him this morning and he said that it is still raining there. Says the grass is really green and long. I was up in Sept. and you all were in drought stages. Everything was brown and very dry. I talked to my uncle in Strasburg and he says that the Tusc. river is dangerously high.
Today here it is beautiful. The winds has died down and the day is very pleasant.
So I am going to go out and enjoy the rest of the day. Thanks for staying in touch.
deb e

Farmgirl Sister
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Hello from debra e Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page