debra e
True Blue Farmgirl

261 Posts

Debra
Georgia
USA
261 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2011 :  8:52:24 PM  Show Profile
Hey Judy, My neice sent me a picture of Canton Ohio. It is SNOWING there again. She said that it is supposed snow all night. She and other family memebers in Ohio are "SICK OF IT!" (so she states)I remember the cabin fever one can get in Ohio. I am sending sunny rays and warmth to you all. We have been having misty rain most of the day. I sauntered up into the garden to look at the onions & romaine lettuce that I have planted. It is doing ok but the last few nights of storms have beat up the lettuce leaves. I know that we are to have rain again tomorrow but I am not going to complain for you are having cold snow. Thinking of you Ohioans. P.S. I told my hubby that the PDQ was still on 62 and he said "No Way."
Go to Top of Page

debra e
True Blue Farmgirl

261 Posts

Debra
Georgia
USA
261 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2011 :  9:00:30 PM  Show Profile
Hey Dorame- The bottles make the garden very fun. In fact I have alot of fun stuff in the garden. Friends and family give me alot of things to add to the garden and that makes it very special. Someone gave me a pair of old boots and I put them along the path and planted flowers in them. I also have knomes dotted every where. Old chairs that have been broken go right into the garden. There is a old broken hall tree that Carolina Jasmin is growing on. The vine of the Jasmine keeps the hall tree standing. I can't wait till the weather is warmer and dryer so that I can get out and play. I bet you feel the same way. Are you having snow in Indy. Have a good night. Debra e
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2011 :  10:02:37 AM  Show Profile
Hey Deb....we got about 2 inches of snow, total. I don't mind it too much. I don't have to go out in it and drive anymore. Snow isn't bad to drive in anyhow...it's that awful ice!!! YUK! 39/gray today.
Tell your hubby I'll mail him his favorite PDQ sandwich if he wants. LOLOL He can see if it's still the same....oh....just pick the mold off when it gets there....oh ya....and some assembly required, too! hahahahaha
Thanks for sending the sunny rays! I'll run out to the "Party-Store" and get you some of those tiny drink umbrellas for your lettuce. LOL Those poor babies!
Your garden sounds so cute and whimsical. I'd expect to see little Faries flitting around, peeking out at me and giggling!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2011 :  10:12:50 AM  Show Profile
A big Wisconsin hay dare to ya Deb! We are so glad you joined us. Your little hen house is divine, can I come over and play?

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

Happy to be a "Raggedy Ann" in a Barbie World!

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

debra e
True Blue Farmgirl

261 Posts

Debra
Georgia
USA
261 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2011 :  1:26:03 PM  Show Profile
You all can come over and play. Bring your Barbies. Doesn't that sound fun(I still have mine in the Hen House. She is from 1960.) (GOSH that sounds so long ago.) The sun peeked out today. But WINDY! Maybe the wind will blow away the rain clouds. Gotta go and deal with supper. Making a new dish tonight. Chicken and spinache with mushroom gravy. I will let you know how that is. Does anyone like to use the slow cooker? That is my favorite way to cook. Especially on busy days.
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2011 :  1:43:53 PM  Show Profile
YUM!!! Sounds tasty! And yes...I love the slow cooker...even on slow days. LOL Today I'm using the electric skillet, burnin us a roast! hahaha

Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

Shi-anne
True Blue Farmgirl

596 Posts

Cheryl
Ada OK
USA
596 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2011 :  10:47:45 PM  Show Profile
Welcome, Debra!

I think I'm in love with your hen house. Sounds wonderful!

http://theprairiemaid.blogspot.com/

Farmgirls don't have hot flashes ~ They have power surges!
Go to Top of Page

debra e
True Blue Farmgirl

261 Posts

Debra
Georgia
USA
261 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2011 :  08:31:14 AM  Show Profile
Hey Judy! My new recipe was wonderful last night. But...it was a lot of steps. I am really not into that kind of cooking especially when I am tired from the day. These days I like easy. My mom does her roast in the electric skillet. It is so yummy! She adds water to all day long till it is done. I let my husband read that you would send his favorite sandwich and to pick off the mold and reconstruction. He laughed at that. The sun came out today. Yippee! The sun makes my day go better. Hope the sun is out for you. Have a great day. Debra e
Go to Top of Page

debra e
True Blue Farmgirl

261 Posts

Debra
Georgia
USA
261 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2011 :  09:03:36 AM  Show Profile
Cheryl- I just touched base with you on Farm Girls over 50. I am glad that you liked the Hen House. It has been so much fun. Have a great day. debra e
Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2011 :  06:44:47 AM  Show Profile
debra e- Your Henhouse sounds dreamy! Would you post a pic of the inside, too? How much fun is that!

Welcome from a farmgirl in Connecticut. I love Georgia, my momma lives there.

Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE

Suburban Farmgirl Blogger
http://sfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org/
Go to Top of Page

debra e
True Blue Farmgirl

261 Posts

Debra
Georgia
USA
261 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2011 :  1:04:42 PM  Show Profile
I will check and see if I have any pictures to post of the inside of the Hen House. If not I will take some. Where does your mama live? It is very sunny but very brezzy today. Welcome to the farm girl's connection. D

Farmgirl Sister
Go to Top of Page

greenearthmomma
Farmgirl in Training

10 Posts

Dorame
Lakeville IN
USA
10 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2011 :  06:24:25 AM  Show Profile
Hi Debra- I've also done the planted boots.It makes a garden so much more personal to add those little touches! I also can't wait to get planting! I started seeds indoors a few weeks ago- tomatoes, spinach, and pepperonchini.I waited to get my peas in as we were having unseasonably low temps- 11 degrees lower than the norm and yes we got a little snow this week. Fortunately it's starting to warm so I'll get those seeds in this week. Yay! I stated putting up a small greenhouse to also get my seeds going and put the baby ducks and chicks I'm planning on getting in the next few weeks. I want to grow my flock- I have 2 Buff Orppingtons,2 Araucaunas, and 2 French Grey bantams. I lost all my ducks and a nest of ducklings last summer to something (weasel maybe) and 3 of my chickens. Spring- time to start anew! ~ Dorame

"It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are"- E.E. Cummings
Go to Top of Page

craftingram
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Karin
Nashville In
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2011 :  06:47:16 AM  Show Profile
Hi Debra and welcome from Texas. We will be moving back to Indiana next year and one of my biggest wishes is a beautiful little garden shed. I love, love love yours! And I love the idea of a bottle tree. Still trying to convince the DH that we need one =)

Karin
Farmgirl #2708

Romans 8: 38,39
Go to Top of Page

debra e
True Blue Farmgirl

261 Posts

Debra
Georgia
USA
261 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2011 :  07:47:23 AM  Show Profile
Hi Ladies. It is a beautiful day here today. Going to be 75 degrees and SUN SUN SUN! I am looking out the window and the huge dogwood tree in our yard is blooming. The flower petals are so big this year. The tree looks like it has snow on it. Now there is a cardinal in the tree just a singing. It is a good day. Hope yours is too. Debra e

Farmgirl Sister
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2011 :  11:20:31 AM  Show Profile
Afternoon ladies! It's nie to see everyone getting started on gardens. We aren't too far from it ourselves. We started tomatoes and peppers in the reo-garden back in Feb. and we have 2 ft. high tomato plants and 6 inch peppers already. The tomato plants are yellow pear and red cherry, so they can go into patio pots after last frost. Today is very gray/48. We are expecting rain after 5pm. I love dogwood trees. They are so pretty. Our neighbor has one and I watch it's whole progress once it's starts. Right now it's teeny-tiny buds with a hint of green to them.
Well have a Beautiful Sunday Girls.

Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

debra e
True Blue Farmgirl

261 Posts

Debra
Georgia
USA
261 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2011 :  8:53:50 PM  Show Profile

Hope this brightens your day.
Debra e.

Farmgirl Sister
Go to Top of Page

debra e
True Blue Farmgirl

261 Posts

Debra
Georgia
USA
261 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2011 :  9:33:28 PM  Show Profile

I wanted to share this with everyone. Is this Bambie and Thumper?
We are Blessed to see this and have it in the back yard.
Have a great weekend ladies.
Debra e

Farmgirl Sister
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2011 :  10:11:52 AM  Show Profile
Awwwwww.........Adorable.....

Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

CMac
True Blue Farmgirl

1074 Posts

Connie
Ashland City TN
USA
1074 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2011 :  10:14:26 AM  Show Profile
Oh so peaceful and cute to boot!
Connie

"I have three chairs in my house: one for solitude, two for friendship, three for company."
Author: Henry David Thoreau
Go to Top of Page

paulas party flowers
True Blue Farmgirl

191 Posts

paula
golden valley az
USA
191 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2011 :  1:06:45 PM  Show Profile
hello debra..welcome back to u., from the newbie page..
hello connie and judy.....
debra, wish I had a little house like that...one day..i just love all of the green. Being in the desert...brown so I have to make my own..lol... Been to georgia once to visit daughter...her magnolia tree was in bloom. Smelled so good....
connie. How far from nashville are u.? Love there to..can you tell I'm tired of brown? One day ...i keep telling myself...

the best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched.they must be felt with the heart. Helen Keller
Go to Top of Page

debra e
True Blue Farmgirl

261 Posts

Debra
Georgia
USA
261 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2011 :  8:39:55 PM  Show Profile
Hey Judy~How is Stark County? Is your weather warmer. Anything special going on for you this weekend?

Connie~Ain't you glad that we (Tenn & Ga.)are to have great weather for this weekend. It should be in the 80's and upper 80"s on Sunday.Time for my shorts and white pastey legs. ugh!

Paula~I think that I would be lonesome for GREEN too if I was living in the desert.I never thought of it that way.I bet you do miss the trees.
The magnolias here are awesome. Especially the old large ones. I love the smell. I have picked a flower(when they are in bloom) and brought it in the house, placed it in a glass bowl of water. The whole room smelled so sweet. (They don't last long when picked though) What is a fragrant flower,bush, or tree that you have in your neck of the woods?

Y'all have a great weekend. Connect later,
debra e

Farmgirl Sister
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2011 :  09:42:47 AM  Show Profile
Hi again Paula. When I was a kid, we use to go out West every Summer because Daddy got these long Timken vacations. We loved the West. But after 4-6 or 8 weeks, we were so glad to see our own green grass and trees....and drink our own cold, tasty well water. Funny the things you miss. LOL
Debra...after a loooong hard, bitter Winter I can hardly wait for the Lilacs to bloom. There's a smell I adore.
We are having 48/gray/breeze today....typical Spring weather. At least it's not (sn__)! We'll take it! ;-)

Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

paulas party flowers
True Blue Farmgirl

191 Posts

paula
golden valley az
USA
191 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2011 :  3:09:29 PM  Show Profile
hi...i woke up to snow on ground..and it's been snowing off and on allday...pretty much a whiteout now.. And oh so cold...burrr. There goes the lilacs....frozen..darn..

the best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched.they must be felt with the heart. Helen Keller
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2011 :  07:52:59 AM  Show Profile
Paula, I hope the lilacs don't freeze. It snows around here after ours start to bud, but they survive it. ...or are yours out fully already??

Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

paulas party flowers
True Blue Farmgirl

191 Posts

paula
golden valley az
USA
191 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2011 :  10:29:45 AM  Show Profile
yep..full bloom.....for about two weeks.. I didn't get to ck them this morning before I left for work. My rose bush is full of blooms, just getting ready to pop. Apricots on tree..lavender in bloom...herbs ready to harvest...agh! And it's 37 degrees. Snow still on mountains around me.. So much to do..too cold...it will probley jump to 10@ degress before long.then I will be complaining it's to hot...lol

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Hello from debra e Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page