Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Any knitters out there?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Any knitters out there? Next Topic
Page: of 2

cmandle
True Blue Farmgirl

846 Posts

Catherine
Minneapolis MN
846 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2006 :  07:49:34 AM  Show Profile
Lana - that pattern for the Incredible, Custom-Fit Raglan Sweater looks great! That's an immediate PDF to save for future projects. Thanks for sharing!

Catherine
Go to Top of Page

BlueApple
True Blue Farmgirl

430 Posts

Julia
Oregon
USA
430 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2006 :  07:51:54 AM  Show Profile  Send BlueApple an AOL message
I want to thank everyone for the links of knitting socks on circulars. I actually took a class and still can't seem to figure it out! UGH I'm definitely challenged when it comes to making socks!

Julia
BlueApple Farm
Go to Top of Page

katiedid
True Blue Farmgirl

601 Posts

Kate
West Jordan Utah
USA
601 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2006 :  08:42:12 AM  Show Profile
I am so glad this thread is here! I needed some new ideas, and I would much rather try something that a farmgirl has had success with!
You guys are great...
I have the prettiest pattern for a newborn size baby bootie. It is done with size 1 needles, using 5 double points, it is more difficult, because of the small needles, but they turn out so precious. I will post a picture.
Love to all
kate
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2006 :  11:30:21 AM  Show Profile
please do!! I need to get to knitting some booties with special yarn...lots of friends and neices having babies coming up!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

katiedid
True Blue Farmgirl

601 Posts

Kate
West Jordan Utah
USA
601 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2006 :  2:33:28 PM  Show Profile
Jenny~
I just starting writing out the "recipe" for the booties, as soon as I am done I will post the pics and instructions, probably later this week
Kate
Go to Top of Page

Jana
True Blue Farmgirl

482 Posts

Jana
Eau Claire Wisconsin
USA
482 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2006 :  10:43:56 AM  Show Profile
Catherine,

I also love Depth of Field. It was the first yarn shop I ever visited in the Cities. I also stop at the Joann's in Woodbury.
I'm almost done with my bias knit scarf and was actually asked, after 25 years, by my hubby to knit him a navy blue hat and scarf set. I'm thinking of Lion Brand WoolEase.

Jana
Go to Top of Page

shelby31028
Farmgirl at Heart

1 Posts

Shelby
Centerville GA
USA
1 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2007 :  11:00:41 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by BloominGA

I started knitting about 4 years ago, and it has been a great stress reliever for me. I'm just curious to see who else is out there, and what you guys are working on. Right now, I have the straps to finish for a felted purse and the back just about completed for a summer sweater.

I am in Centerville. Do you know of any knitting groups here? I have been knitting shrugs and socks on circular needle. Lots of fun.
Go to Top of Page

Mikki
True Blue Farmgirl

1510 Posts

Mikki
Austin Indiana
USA
1510 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2007 :  10:05:27 PM  Show Profile
Hi all you knitters! Right now I'm working on a shawl to wear in my cabin on cool nights. But my favorite is socks, I loveeee knitting socks! And I love to use the Opal yarn, although it is quite pricy. I knit 3 or 4 pair the past few months and my favorite is an ivory color that was knit with, grrr, can't remember the name of the yarn right now. Oh well, knitting is a great stress reliever for me also. I usually have 2-3 knitting projects going at once so I don't get too bored with one. My mom has lots of beautiful yarns that she spun herself. She taught me to knit, and crochet, and many other things. She is so creative!!!
~~Blessings, Mikki

http://burningmeadowsprings.blogspot.com/
http://strawberriesnapronstrings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4196 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4196 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2007 :  04:26:34 AM  Show Profile
I have been knitting alot this winter. My favorite has been a felted hat. Ohhh it turned out nice. Of course I was so excited that I forgot to take before pictures. It was ugly then. My mom taught me to knit, crochet, tat, sew and everything else. I did felt it in my front load. Put it in a pillow case, and crossed my fingers. Of course I could not figure out how to open the dang thing up to check on it. Rats. But everything was fine. One cycle was all it took. It is really warm too.
Also have been knitting socks on one circular needle. I love doing 2 at once, cause they are exactly the same size, and when your done, you don't have to make another one! I did do a couple pair on two circular needles. I think the pettern was on the knitpics site. Toe up. Got to switch to bigger needles though to finish the top, or you can't get your foot in them, no matter how loose you knit. (my experience).
I have gone to using natural fibers. I hope to get my own sheep shorn soon, and then make my own yarn. I also have a dish cloth needing to be finished. And a doily I had started a year ago to finish.
My first felted project was crocheted dish clothes, that I made for Christmas. They were fun. Happy Knitting Michele
Go to Top of Page

Beach Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

111 Posts

Vanessa
Williamsburg VA
111 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2007 :  05:00:12 AM  Show Profile
I love to knit, but I'm not very good at it nor do I have the time that I'd like to improve. But that's OK; I'm enjoying my 3 boys and all that go with them. I'm just about finished with a red and white striped scarf for my youngest called "the Little Blue" scarf. Yes, red and white yarn, but called little blue. When he was little he loved the Little Red books written by Sarah Ferguson (Duchess of York). Lit'l Red (now imagine me saying that with a British accent, LOL) has a friend called Lit'l Blue. And Lit'l Blue wears a very long red and white striped scarf. All he wanted back then was a Lit'l Blue scarf. He mentioned to me that even at age 12, he'd still like for me to knit him a "Lit'l Blue scaaarf" (again, use the accent, LOL). So I did and I'm almost finished. I'll be in the 19th century all next week (see my blog-Yahweh's Retreat~for more on that) and hope to have it complete when I return. He won't have it this winter, but, Lit'l Blue will be waiting for next year!

Vanessa

Farmgirl-by-the-Sea

Please come visit me:
http://yahwehsretreat.blogspot.com/
http://beachgirlspics.blogspot.com/
http://beachgirlsfamily.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2007 :  09:55:10 AM  Show Profile
Hey Jana if you will email me off line I would love to send you some yarn. I am not sure if you know this but my passion is fiber and helping people live their creative life. I always have extra yarn running around my shop and studio - maybe they need to come and live with you. No pressure just want to get those fingers busy is you wish.

Grace Gerber
Larkspur Funny Farm and Fiber Art Studio

Where the spirits are high and the fiber is deep
http://www.larkspurfunnyfarm.etsy.com
http://larkspurfunnyfarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

cindi
Farmgirl in Training

39 Posts

cindi
sedalia mo
USA
39 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2007 :  12:38:45 PM  Show Profile
i'm new to knitting. In fact i just learned in December 2006. Right now i am working on dish rags. Newyears day Michals had balls of "sugar and cream' on sale for 50 cents each. I got a dozen balls.
Go to Top of Page

katiedid
True Blue Farmgirl

601 Posts

Kate
West Jordan Utah
USA
601 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2007 :  1:18:41 PM  Show Profile
Cindi, dishcloths are the perfect place to start...I am doing alot of those righ now..we are in the process of moving, so I don't have alot of time or patience and dish rags are great!

I can't believe you got the yarn for 50 cents....that is awesome!

Grace, I need to check out your yarn..is your etsy the best place??

I am going to try some socks too!

Kate

my new blog http/www.theknifemakerswife.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2007 :  5:00:06 PM  Show Profile
You will LOVE GRace's yarn Kate!! I have two projects worth of her stuff (alpaca) waiting. I plan to knit a simple pair of socks for me with some (vintage hollyhocks colorway) and then another pair also for me (spring meadow) too. The first pair I will take on vacation so I think I will be likely to get them done and still wear them this spring. Her yarn is soft and lovely and so so pretty!! When you get moved down here Kate, we will have to plan a regular knitting time each week so we get things done. I have been in dishcloth mode for the past couple months too...lots of those and nothing else has been knitted at my house!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Daisy
True Blue Farmgirl

107 Posts

Daisy
Thistle Sprig Farm NW Indiana
USA
107 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2007 :  06:33:55 AM  Show Profile
I love to knit! And expensive as it is it's still way cheaper then therepy sessions! I learned to knit because I wanted to knit socks. So I knit socks and a few other basic things but socks are my love! I love the patterned yarns. I learned to knit from the cuff down on double points but just took a class learning from the toe up on 2 circulars. Right now I'm not sure which way I like better. Each has it's advantages!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Any knitters out there? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page