Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 I got to meet Katie-did today!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic I got to meet Katie-did today!!! Next Topic
Page: of 2

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2006 :  12:41:41 PM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
tomorrow is the day !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe

http://sunshinescreations.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2006 :  08:02:49 AM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
Just wondering if every one made it home ok from yesterday. I had alot of fun meeting everyone I hope you all did too. take care till we talk again.

Go to Top of Page

katiedid
True Blue Farmgirl

601 Posts

Kate
West Jordan Utah
USA
601 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2006 :  08:11:26 AM  Show Profile
Sunshine
I am home safe and sound, I hope the ladies that were driving a long way got home safe too.
I really had a nice time too, it was so fun to just relax, enjoy myself, and visit with some farmgirls! I day away from the house and kids did me a world of good. Although there was a world of mess waiting!!! Such is life!!
Jenny?
Libbie?
Are ya'll ok?
I hope you didn't have to deliver a baby on the way home after all that walking in the hot sun!!!!
It sure was great, and I feel really blessed to call all of you lovely ladies my friends.
Best to all
love
Kate
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2006 :  10:31:54 AM  Show Profile
I got home...late!!! I stopped off in Orem at office max..and couldn't resist stopping at Barnes and Noble too and then grabbed a fish taco at Betos for the ride home...BUT..then I missed my exit at Nephi..they had all sorts of barriers and stuff since they were doing road work and it was dark and I just kept going...I guess I was daydreaming...I went nearly 10 miles out of my way before I realized I missed Nephi..then had to go another 10 before there was an exit to turn back to Nephi again..oh brother!! So I got home about 10:30. Mona was very very glad to see me since I had milked so early in the morning. She was more than ready for her milking!!
It was such a wonderful day..meeting you all and getting to have a girly day out was just so fun!!! What a wonderful group we made. I hope Libbie posts the pics soon...it was just so fun!! What are the chances that ALL of us that were close enough could actually be there! It was a farmgirl "meant to be" day!!! I think Libbie was tired enough that she may have stayed over at her mom's house in Orem last night. I hope so..it was a long day for all of us..but her being that pregnant I bet she could use some Mama time!!
I can't wait until the next time we get together!!!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

theherblady
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Jan
Glasford Illinois
USA
510 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2006 :  12:41:13 PM  Show Profile
I glad you all made it home okay~~Rush hour traffic!! Took us forever to get to the open road but still made it back in pretty good time~~ Was sooo good to meet you all..and a really fun day!!
I feel like I know little "Arthur" or what ever Libbie decides....Wishing Libbie a wonderful delivery and will be watching to see when the miracle happens~~
Going to do some more antique/junque shopping today~~Will catch a plane back home on Tues.
Have a great day!!
Jan
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2006 :  1:26:44 PM  Show Profile
Sunshine - Yep - I made it home fine. A long drive, but, thankfully (sort of), NO BABE YET!!! Thanks for showing Jenny and me that lovely small hexagon quilt. The workwomanship is incredible. You are very talented!

Wow! What a wonderful, long, hot day that was!!! I had SUCH fun meeting all of you and seeing Jenny again. I just have to say that everyone was so instantly friendly and accomodating - I felt right at home. Speaking of home - I'm also glad to be here! No baby yet - Arthur seems to be staying put at least for the day. I arrived home late, late last night, so I'm going to attempt photo posting later tonight when I have some "alone" time to figure it out. If I don't get it mighty soon, I'm sending them to Jenny to post!!!!!

Wasn't afternoon tea a wonderful idea? I've never been to a tea room before, and it was such a pampering, luxurious thing to do. What lucky farmgirls we are, sometimes! I just can't say enough how much fun it is to put names with faces and in-person personalities.

Jan - thank you so much for being the out-of-towner that spurred the Utah farmgirls into get-together action! It was perfect that your sister could come, too. (Jill - if you are lurking around here, it was great to meet you, too!!!)

Ugh - Jenny - I've missed the Scipio exit before, which is about the same thing for me going home. I'll bet you were as glad to get home as Mona was to see you! Thank you so much for the ride and the company - even through the craziness of traffic on the way down, you kept your cool - I was about ready to leave the car and start walking (or waddling, in my case!).

Katie - isn't it funny that after ONE DAY away, it seems like the place needs a spring cleaning? At least it does around here!!! Will is resisting trying on the cloth diapers - we'll try after bath tonight, but - get this - he wanted to wear the green one as a HAT!!!!!!

Patricia - it is always so much fun to see you and to talk. Even though we've met only once before, I feel like we're fast friends. I'm so glad you knew where the right stores to check out are!!! I hope all is well, and the heat/walking treated you as mildly as it did me.

More later - with all luck, PHOTOS!

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2006 :  2:24:32 PM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
Libbie

what exactly is a farmgirl connection cultivator

Go to Top of Page

katiedid
True Blue Farmgirl

601 Posts

Kate
West Jordan Utah
USA
601 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2006 :  2:55:49 PM  Show Profile
Libbie
I was kind of wondering the same thing........what is a farmgirl connection coordinator errr...cultivator?
Hey, just let Farmer Will wear it on his head!! He will warm up to the idea, just be easy. I hope I can meet lil' Will soon, he sounds adorable.
Kate
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2006 :  5:13:58 PM  Show Profile
Ooops, didn't see this until after the fact. Girls, you all looked LOVELY!! What a great time we had and what fun to see Jenny and Libbie again and meet Katie, Jan, Jill and Sunshine!

Come visit my Etsy store at www.chezPatricia.etsy.com
Farmgirls do it organically!
Go to Top of Page

Libbie

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2006 :  6:23:59 PM  Show Profile
Oh! Let me explain - I don't know if you've read any messages from Cindylou at MaryJanesFarm, but she is the most friendly and fun farmgirl who has been coordinating Farmgirl Chapters and projects and traveling journals - quilt squares and such, and she is soon retiring. I'll be so sad to see and "hear" her go - she's a really sweet person and an amazingly kind and organized farmgirl to boot - anyway, I'll be taking up where she leaves off, and keeping a bit of an eye on the forum - that's what my "job description" will be. I'm so excited to be able to get to know the Chapters better!!!

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

theherblady
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Jan
Glasford Illinois
USA
510 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2006 :  11:47:27 AM  Show Profile
Thanks to all the farmgals that made the "gathering" a highlite in my trip...Libbie~ you are so sweet! Happy and Healthy delivery~~!
Jan
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic I got to meet Katie-did today!!! Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page