Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 I got to meet Katie-did today!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic I got to meet Katie-did today!!! Next Topic
Page: of 2

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2006 :  1:56:08 PM  Show Profile
Kate and her family were coming down here this way today anyhow and the kids and I were lucky enough to get to have a couple hours with them. She made wonderful sandwiches and our kids got to know each other and played in the water. It was so nice to meet her..what a fun, lovely family. Kate is just how I thought she would be! Here are a couple pictures..one of Kate with her baby and I and one of her oldest girls and my two girls just before they went home.
I hope we get together again soon!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2006 :  3:27:33 PM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
we really should all get together at some point in time I think katiedid is in west jordon , I think ther is someone in s.l.c. I am in a.f. and aunt jenny I think your south but not sure where. There are at least four of us in this state. we should try to get together maybe once a year or more it would be fun a sort of farm girl family reunion.

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2006 :  3:34:16 PM  Show Profile
Yes! We should!! IN FACT...if you can come looks like some of us...Patricia (SLC) Kate (So. Jordan and I for sure (I live in Manti) and possibly Libbie are meeting Jan (theherblady) for the day in SLC on July 7th. We plan to go to lunch and probably some fabric/antique/junkque shopping...you are sure more than welcome to come too. Jan is from Ill. and will be here for the one day. We are going to the Beehive tea room for lunch. Let me or Jan know if you want to go too..as she is making reservations for that. It would sure be fun to meet you too!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

cmandle
True Blue Farmgirl

846 Posts

Catherine
Minneapolis MN
846 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2006 :  4:55:50 PM  Show Profile
Ohmigosh! That looks like so much fun! Such big smiles!

Catherine

* Proud wife of Dan * Jackson's Mom * Still missing Lucy the Cat... *
Go to Top of Page

theherblady
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Jan
Glasford Illinois
USA
510 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2006 :  05:29:39 AM  Show Profile
Yep~~ I am sooo excited that I get to meet some of the NorthWest Farmgirls!! I cant make the farmfair-(flying in on the 4th) but..so happy we are going to SLC for shopping and tea~! The BeeHive Tea Room offers an "afternoon tea" that sounds like alot of fun..I am going to Idaho Falls Idaho for my yearly visit to my sister...Sounds like a fun time withsome of the other "farmgals" I am going to try to find a sunflower to put on the car!!
Sunshine~ You are welcome to join us..just let me know-so far..there will be 5 of us for tea.
Email me or Jenny if you can make it~I need to make the reservation asap~~
Jan
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2006 :  08:33:34 AM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
count me in and send me details so I can find a baby sitter for my three girls

Go to Top of Page

katiedid
True Blue Farmgirl

601 Posts

Kate
West Jordan Utah
USA
601 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2006 :  08:36:28 AM  Show Profile
Yesiree!!
Count me in!
Can't wait to meet you.
Thanks for posting the pics Jenny, and thanks again, we all had a great time...in fact Eliza is sure that 4 of the fresh eggs you gave us are moving!?!?! Eldon has set up a little incubator of sorts, with his reading lamp, some dish towels and a basket. We'll have to see what happens!

Is the Tea Room at the Little America hotel?
If it is the one I am thinking of, the food is delicious! Like to-die-for delicious!
Love to all the farmgirl sisters
Kate
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2006 :  08:41:17 AM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
aunty jenny since you live in manti do you mind if you swing by my house and pick me up on the way to slc. It is just hard to find that many parking smpaces in slc and we could all talk in the car

Edited by - sunshine on Jun 30 2006 08:41:55 AM
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2006 :  08:48:02 AM  Show Profile
Sure....just email me and we will set that up. I am not the best at city driving..but I will fake it!
Kate...the eggs have been refridgerated for a couple days and it would be a month before eggs would hatch even if under a chicken...so I don't see you having any luck that way..but if it is fun for the kids...moving?? that is funny.
The 7th sounds like it will be great!

Jenny in Utah
Go to Top of Page

theherblady
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Jan
Glasford Illinois
USA
510 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2006 :  10:50:22 AM  Show Profile
Hey gals~~check you emails before I make the reservation please..
Sounds like such fun~!
Kate~ we are staying at Little America but the tea room is within walking distance or trolly from there...We are planning on doing some antiquing and such before tea~
Jan
Go to Top of Page

katiedid
True Blue Farmgirl

601 Posts

Kate
West Jordan Utah
USA
601 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2006 :  2:10:16 PM  Show Profile
Sunshine&Jenny~
You guys could drive up to about 90th South and I15, and I will meet you there, we can chat on our way downtown and I will drive, I am used to the big city driving...besides, if I know you all will be in my van, it gives me a good excuse to clean it out!
Or we could meet at the Trax station and all ride the train downtown, then we don't have to worry about city driving or parking at all...I like to use the pulic trans whenever I can. It would be fun.
We can plan a little better when it gets closer to the 7th.
love and light to you all, ladies.
Kate
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2006 :  2:25:09 PM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
I'm good with any of it what ever everyone else Likes I'm good with I just hate finding parking and driving in slc now that traxx is there I always feel like I am going to get hit by a train at all the stop signals because the traxks go write under where the cars park for red lights creepy feeling.

Edited by - sunshine on Jun 30 2006 2:33:21 PM
Go to Top of Page

theherblady
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Jan
Glasford Illinois
USA
510 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2006 :  2:55:01 PM  Show Profile
Great gals~ I'll see ya there!! I sent email with the specifics..
How fun~!
Jan
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2006 :  3:37:53 PM  Show Profile
Is it too late for me to respond with a hearty YES.... unless I am in the hospital having a baby! Wow! What a fun get-together! I was so sorry to miss meeting Katie at Jenny's the other day, I knew it would be a great time, and from the photos, it sure was! I just love meeting new farmgirls, and a Utah get-together sounds like such a good time. I've never been to tea at the Beehive Tea Room - I'll bet it'll be fun AND beautiful... I know tentative responses are a pain, I'm just at a tentative stage of pregnancy right now!

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2006 :  3:39:59 PM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
I have never been to tea at the beehive tea room either not to be silly but is there a dress code is street clothes ok

Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2006 :  3:46:10 PM  Show Profile
Oh gosh..I never thought about what to wear either!!! Patricia????????
Libbie..I think as long as we call to tell them if you ARE NOT coming that day we are fine. Please come!! If you want to come up this far we can go in my van and then pick up Sunshine and then go up to Kate and then sounds like Patricia may want us to pick her up too..and then meet Jan and her sis at Little America at noon and have a few hours for a little shopping before "tea". I can hardly wait!!

Jenny in Utah
Go to Top of Page

Libbie

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2006 :  10:11:30 AM  Show Profile
That sounds like so much fun! Jenny - I think I'd better drive since I'm going to drop my little guy off in Orem with my parents for the day - unless we could caravan to their house, since it's pretty much on the way - and I'll drop off my little one and hop in your van! I'd just love the talking time in the same cars as you all!

I didn't think of what to wear, either!!! Yikes!!! My maternity wardrobe is pretty limited - you know - only things that really S-T-R-E-T-C-H at this point - so I'll probably be wearing my basic black stretchy capris and a top. I sure hope that's okay...... I agree - Patricia!?!?!?!?

XOXO, Libbie

Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2006 :  10:29:47 AM  Show Profile
Oh .....Patricia is at farm fair..guess we won't get an idea on what to wear until she gets back. I am sure you will be fine Libby. You always look nice!

Jenny in Utah
Go to Top of Page

katiedid
True Blue Farmgirl

601 Posts

Kate
West Jordan Utah
USA
601 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2006 :  9:03:39 PM  Show Profile
I can't hardly wait! It will be so much fun, I want to ride together too, more time to visit!
I think I will wear something similar, Libbie, or maybe one of my long, hippie skirts with a top. You know, the broomstick skirts.. I love those for summertime. I can be "dressed up" but still feel like I am wearing a nightgown!

All you ladies be sure to wear good, comfy shoes, as we will have to do some walking for sure. Downtown is always a mess to park in....or if we take the trax train we will have to do a little bit of walking too.

Yippee!
Looking forward to it
I can't wait to see ya'll and talk face to face.
Kate
Go to Top of Page

theherblady
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Jan
Glasford Illinois
USA
510 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2006 :  12:59:59 PM  Show Profile
How fun if you can join us Libbie~~ I will call for another reservation! Shouldnt be a problem..I will probably just be in jean capri's...My wardrobe will be limited since I am traveling...I would think one could wear anything to tea~~But I will check when I call for the additional reservation...I cant wait to meet ya all!
Jan
Go to Top of Page

theherblady
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Jan
Glasford Illinois
USA
510 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2006 :  1:31:15 PM  Show Profile
Ok -Tea for 7 it is!! Dress code is whatever~~I asked when I updated the reservation~~ It will be so fun to hear from Patricia of all the great farmgirls she met and the wonderful happenings at farm fair! I cant wait!
You gals dont be all talked out by the time you get to SLC..I want to hear everything :)
Glad you can join us Libbie!
Hugs Jan
Go to Top of Page

Libbie

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2006 :  3:11:12 PM  Show Profile
Thanks! I can't wait!!!!

XOXO, Libbie

Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2006 :  3:17:35 PM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
thanks sound sgreat hanks for checking on that ( I knew it was silly to wonder but you never know the reservation part is what made me wonder)

Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2006 :  4:10:38 PM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
I have lost the train of thought who exactly is going and which one is pg and when are you due and is it a boy or a girl. Sorry I am just trying to clear my mind and it is not working ( this is usual though)

Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2006 :  9:09:00 PM  Show Profile
Libbie is the furthest south (she is also the one who is expecting a little boy in a few weeks) if she can come she will come up and possibly we will caravan up..as she needs to drop off her little boy to her mom in Orem I think. Then me, from Manti, then you, then Kate in S. Jordan, Patricia in SLC and Jan (from Ill. and her sister from Idaho) that is the 7 of us.
I think I will wear a flowy type denim skirt and simple top. I am so excited to get together with you all!!

Jenny in Utah
Go to Top of Page

theherblady
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Jan
Glasford Illinois
USA
510 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2006 :  05:09:34 AM  Show Profile
Ummmm-I'm from Illinois....but I'm not PG~~lol :)
Cant wait to see you all~~
Hugs Jan
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic I got to meet Katie-did today!!! Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page