happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2006 :  2:40:17 PM  Show Profile
If any of you enjoy writing and receiving letters -- the old-fashioned kind -- and have nobody to correspond with, I would love to be your pen pal! I love to write regular letters but have found most people respond in email or by calling. Now that I'm without email, I figured I'd have plenty of time to write, and when we do get back online I'll still want to sit and write letters, so if you're interested in staying in touch that way, my address (until next week sometime) is

[A message from your friendly local admin:
Please contact Patti (happymama58) or Beth (celebrate2727) via the forum's email for Patti's address.
Patti seems to be back online now.
Gabe your friendly local temporary Admin]

As soon as I get our new address I'll put it on my letters, but we also have this box for 5 or so months & my dd is picking up the mail almost every day, so I'll get all letters within a few days.

Thanks!

Some people search for happiness; others create it.

http://happymama58.typepad.com/my_weblog/

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2006 :  2:50:21 PM  Show Profile
I will write you Patti. I can sometimes be a slacker of a pen pal..but I love real letters!!! I will do my best to keep up!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

celebrate2727
True Blue Farmgirl

989 Posts

Beth
MJF Farmgirl
989 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2006 :  2:51:55 PM  Show Profile  Send celebrate2727 a Yahoo! Message
Hi Patti- we've talked before and i would love to write. I used to write to my dad when he was alive. i loved reading his letters. Plus i get mail from Byhzgrace- sweet ellen- and it is so much fun opening something new in the mail that is not "please pay by the due date" or addressed to "occupant".

blessings
beth

Dreaming of Friday Night Lights
Go to Top of Page

bubblesnz
True Blue Farmgirl

291 Posts

helen

New Zealand
291 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2006 :  7:30:17 PM  Show Profile
Happy to be a penpal :)
Go to Top of Page

sonflowergurl
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

Katee
Tampa 'Burbs FL
USA
349 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2006 :  03:53:40 AM  Show Profile  Send sonflowergurl an AOL message
Horseyrider, anyone who uses the internet (or works for public schools for that matter, which she used to) can have lots of stuff "found" on them. At least with a PO box, it's not her "home" address.

Katee

The end will justify the pain it took to get us here.
"Looking Toward the Son"---- http://sonflowergirl731.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2006 :  06:40:24 AM  Show Profile
Patti, I love writing letters and receiving them, be happy to write.

she selects wool and flax and works with eager hands Prov.31:13
Go to Top of Page

westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2006 :  06:41:32 AM  Show Profile
Patti, (forgot something) are you sure you want to put your info out there?

she selects wool and flax and works with eager hands Prov.31:13
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2006 :  10:04:33 AM  Show Profile
Patti -- I would love to be your penpal! Letter writing is becoming a lost art. I can do letters -- just don't mail art very well.

I agree it's not safe to put your address on a public forum. But anyone can get personal information about you on the internet whether you post your address or not. They can even Google your home address and get a satellite image of exactly where you live. Just because we all use the internet means we are fair game.

http://therusticcottage.etsy.com

http://www.homesteadblogger.com/therusticcottage/
Go to Top of Page

celebrate2727
True Blue Farmgirl

989 Posts

Beth
MJF Farmgirl
989 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2006 :  10:42:30 AM  Show Profile  Send celebrate2727 a Yahoo! Message
Patti Jenny, Mary Ann, Helen, Katee, Michele and Kay would you like to start a little pen pal group? Theres only 8 of us and that would be a managable amount to reply to. post cards are quick and easy too. Email me if you are interested.

blessings
beth

Edited by - celebrate2727 on Apr 30 2006 11:16:50 AM
Go to Top of Page

SmallTownGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

117 Posts

Rose

USA
117 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2006 :  11:20:02 AM  Show Profile
I would love to join the pen pal group! I love buying stationary, I have loads of pretty papers and stickers. Rose

Remember what you now have was once among the things only hoped for.
Go to Top of Page

celebrate2727
True Blue Farmgirl

989 Posts

Beth
MJF Farmgirl
989 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2006 :  12:43:25 PM  Show Profile  Send celebrate2727 a Yahoo! Message
Great Rose- email me your address and I'll add you to the list. When I get it all together I will email the group everyones address. don't want to post address on here.
will you be at the mn living green expo?

blessings
beth

Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2006 :  1:23:04 PM  Show Profile
Beth -- I sent you my address.

Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2006 :  1:23:51 PM  Show Profile
Patti, I'll be a pen pal too, I used to have a ton of them when I had babies at home and it was so much fun! And can I join the pen pal club too, I still write to one pen pal that I got 25 yrs. ago, we would make each other goodies and such, it was a blast opening the mail!!

www.sageflowerfarm.blogspot.com

www.herbalfarmstead.blogspot.com

www.countrypleasures.motime.com
Go to Top of Page

celebrate2727
True Blue Farmgirl

989 Posts

Beth
MJF Farmgirl
989 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2006 :  2:26:29 PM  Show Profile  Send celebrate2727 a Yahoo! Message
Love to have you Sue. Thanks for the email Kay. I'll be in touch when I get home- I'm at my mother in laws fixing her computer. This is going to be such fun!

blessings
beth

Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2006 :  9:16:06 PM  Show Profile
I'm excited! Mail art was just too much for me to think about -- not to mention almost 100 people! But letters or postcards and 8 or 10 people I can do! I'm going out to buy myself some stationary tomorrow.

Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2006 :  10:19:52 PM  Show Profile
Hey Beth...great idea...I'm in!
I sent you my address by email!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

connio
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

connie
springtown texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2006 :  10:32:08 PM  Show Profile

Hey Farm Girls!!

I was one of the farm girls who started the mail art project. I agree with Kay, I loved getting mail but it got to be overwhelming to have to create pieces to send out. I ended up buying lots of postcards and was sending those out for awhile but did not seem to get much response so I put the project on the back burner.
Would love to get involved-most of what you will receive from me will be postcards but please know that even if I do not write long messages, I truly treasure the farm girls.

Connie

cozycottage
Go to Top of Page

bubblesnz
True Blue Farmgirl

291 Posts

helen

New Zealand
291 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2006 :  10:52:26 PM  Show Profile
Yep, have sent you my address too :)
Go to Top of Page

celebrate2727
True Blue Farmgirl

989 Posts

Beth
MJF Farmgirl
989 Posts

Posted - May 01 2006 :  07:43:04 AM  Show Profile  Send celebrate2727 a Yahoo! Message
Katee, Michele, Rose, Sue and Connie email me your address and I will put you on the list.
Patti, Jenny, Kay and Helen I have your info. If I get everyone so far we will be at 10 which I think is a good number.
So please get me your info quick. Then I will close this little group of ours, though if someone wants to start another one- go for it!

Does anyone want to name our little group?

blessings
beth

Go to Top of Page

celebrate2727
True Blue Farmgirl

989 Posts

Beth
MJF Farmgirl
989 Posts

Posted - May 01 2006 :  08:18:12 AM  Show Profile  Send celebrate2727 a Yahoo! Message
Helen correct me if I'm wrong but I did a check through the post office and found that postcards to New Zealand cost .75 cents and air mail is .84 cents. That's a good deal!

blessings
beth

Go to Top of Page

goatgal
True Blue Farmgirl

84 Posts

Chasity
Catron MO
USA
84 Posts

Posted - May 01 2006 :  11:09:19 AM  Show Profile  Send goatgal a Yahoo! Message
Hey me too, PLEASE!!lol As most of you can probably tell, I dont get a chance to get online all that much but love to keep in touch with everyone. Pen and paper I can take with me when my kids are at cheerleading, gymnastics, meets, practices, etc so it is way more convenient for me.
Go to Top of Page

celebrate2727
True Blue Farmgirl

989 Posts

Beth
MJF Farmgirl
989 Posts

Posted - May 01 2006 :  12:17:39 PM  Show Profile  Send celebrate2727 a Yahoo! Message
Chasity I sent you an email. Please get me your address and you are gladly welcomed. LOVE LOVE LOVE having another sports mom!

blessings
beth

Go to Top of Page

celebrate2727
True Blue Farmgirl

989 Posts

Beth
MJF Farmgirl
989 Posts

Posted - May 01 2006 :  12:20:46 PM  Show Profile  Send celebrate2727 a Yahoo! Message
Just waiting on Katee, Rose and Connie. Put together a list of everyone and also a little All About me insert for everyone to fill out. I will include this with your address sheet I send everything.

I like the post card idea. I'd rather hear from a friend even if it's just a quick card than not at all.

blessings
beth

Go to Top of Page

MBurns
True Blue Farmgirl

1825 Posts

Marlene
Swisher IA
USA
1825 Posts

Posted - May 01 2006 :  12:47:41 PM  Show Profile
I would like to join to please. M Burns
Go to Top of Page

celebrate2727
True Blue Farmgirl

989 Posts

Beth
MJF Farmgirl
989 Posts

Posted - May 01 2006 :  12:58:01 PM  Show Profile  Send celebrate2727 a Yahoo! Message
You are on board Marlene.

Rose I got your email as well. I should have the list to everyone this week!

blessings
beth

Go to Top of Page

sonflowergurl
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

Katee
Tampa 'Burbs FL
USA
349 Posts

Posted - May 01 2006 :  1:34:53 PM  Show Profile  Send sonflowergurl an AOL message
OK Beth, I emailed you my addy. :) I'm not great about writing, but this sounds fun! I had penpals when I was growing up and it was so much fun!

Katee

The end will justify the pain it took to get us here.
"Looking Toward the Son"---- http://sonflowergirl731.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Pathetic plea inside :) Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page