Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 Patriotic Star Quilt Block Swap CLOSED
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Patriotic Star Quilt Block Swap CLOSED Next Topic
Page: of 6

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2011 :  11:59:46 AM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
2 bad Rebecca, join us next time!

1 spot left!

Be Blessed,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

Edited by - HealingTouch on Mar 23 2011 12:00:58 PM
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7479 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7479 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2011 :  12:45:11 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
I am going to the Sacramento Quilt Show tomorrow - IF I can find some good fabric for this, I may be interested. Is it to be only/mostly red/white/blue? Or anything with stars? I'm leaning towards the red/white/blue.

Linda O
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919

Edited by - quiltee on Mar 23 2011 12:46:20 PM
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2011 :  12:57:08 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Linda O I emailed you.

Be Blessed,
Darlene
Sister 1922

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7479 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7479 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2011 :  9:35:58 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Sign me up - I can do this one.

Linda O
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2011 :  9:55:10 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Linda O you are signed up.

This officially closes sign ups for this swap!

Be Blessed,
Darlene
Sister 1922

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7479 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7479 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2011 :  8:06:27 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
BUMP!

Linda O
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2011 :  3:42:02 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
BUMP!

Be Blessed,
Darlene
Sister 1922

Go to Top of Page

OneHippieChick
True Blue Farmgirl

195 Posts

Susan
Huntsville AL
USA
195 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2011 :  7:19:08 PM  Show Profile  Send OneHippieChick a Yahoo! Message
I'm sorry, but I am going to have to drop out of this swap...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Susan ~ Farmgirl Sister #1978
Fiber artist, spins, knits, crochets, sews, weaves, quilts, soap maker, as well as various beauty products and some natural cosmetics
Working on getting my Etsy website and blog up and running - stay tuned!
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2011 :  8:19:16 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Ok Susan. Thanks for letting me know. Maybe you can join us another time.

1 spot left. Come and join.

Be Blessed,
Darlene
Sister 1922

Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1236 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1236 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2011 :  06:06:34 AM  Show Profile
Hi Darlene, Would love to join in the fun with this quilt swap. Thanks Sherry

Sherry
Farm Girl #2215

www.etsy.com/shop/markiebuck
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2011 :  09:48:17 AM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Sherry~you are in. This closes this swap.

PLEASE PLAY FAIR

The last 2 swaps have been a challenge. Please make sure your blocks are to me by May 15th. I will mail them back within 3 days. I
won't wait for your blocks if they are late. It is not fair to the rest who have sent theirs on time.

Follow the instructions~blocks must be 12 1/2" when you have completed it.

Use quality material.

If you fail to finish this swap it could disqualify you from joining in the future.

These are fun swaps and are meant to be so. All the blocks we make for each other are beautiful and cherished. I will email you
all from time to time to see how you are doing. Have fun and God Bless.

Be Blessed,
Darlene
Sister 1922

Edited by - HealingTouch on Apr 02 2011 09:53:33 AM
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2011 :  09:50:28 AM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Please email me if you have any ?

Edited by - HealingTouch on Apr 02 2011 09:56:28 AM
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7479 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7479 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2011 :  10:02:36 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
I have my fabric - just trying to decide for sure on which block to make. I bought double the fabric I needed (by mistake) so can do any block I come up with. LOL! The one I was going to make I remembered I made for one of my blocks in the Christmas swap, and maybe people won't want the same block, even though it will look different with the red/white/blue stars fabrics. Hmmmmmmm - decisions, decisions.

Linda O
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2011 :  11:02:56 AM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Linda~You can do whatever you want. That's the beauty of the swap.

Be Blessed,
Darlene
Sister 1922

Go to Top of Page

OneHippieChick
True Blue Farmgirl

195 Posts

Susan
Huntsville AL
USA
195 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2011 :  11:16:29 AM  Show Profile  Send OneHippieChick a Yahoo! Message
Perhaps in the opening post on these quilt block swaps it should be also be noted that only experienced quilters need apply so that inexperienced quilters who are still learning will not unknowingly sign up. I'm just sayin'...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Susan ~ Farmgirl Sister #1978
Fiber artist, spins, knits, crochets, sews, weaves, quilts, soap maker, as well as various beauty products and some natural cosmetics
Working on getting my Etsy website and blog up and running - stay tuned!
Go to Top of Page

Futters
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Michelle & Ashley
CA
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2011 :  3:54:19 PM  Show Profile
Hi all...I might have missed something here. Is this only for experienced quilters, 'cause I've done a few, but do not consider myself an expert. Have I bitten off more than I can chew? I want to continue, but not if others will be disappointed in my creation. Let me know please.

Have a good day!

Michelle & Ashley
Farmgirls #760

Friendship is always a sweet responsibility, never an opportunity.
http://thetatteredquiltcottage.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2011 :  4:20:27 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Michelle, if you have done a few then you have experience. Don't worry. As long as you follow the directions for block size etc. you're good.

Be Blessed,
Darlene
Sister 1922

Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2011 :  8:11:44 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
There is a change. Instead of a SASE please send $5.00 and I will supply the envelope to return your blocks.

Be Blessed,
Darlene
Sister 1922

Go to Top of Page

Nettie
True Blue Farmgirl

173 Posts

Nettie
Bedford PA
USA
173 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2011 :  09:08:36 AM  Show Profile
Hi walkinwalkoutcattle (megan)
If you want to see pics of some of the completed squares go to page 14 of the Farmgirl Swap and look for the title Look Look Quilt Pictures and you will see a picture of two of the completed quilts done with the red and white swap that was done last year. One was done with yellow and the other with blue. There is a pic on here somewhere of the fall one but I can't find it. Maybe someone else could direct Megan to the page for the picture of the fall quilt.

Nettie
Go to Top of Page

LindaJo
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

Linda
Fargo ND
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2011 :  1:30:56 PM  Show Profile
Darlene-I know it can't be easy for you to make decisions and stick firm to the guidelines but I for one am grateful.
I stopped joining quilt block swaps because anything was excepted and it was not fun. The last swap I was in-10-15 years ago-was a nifty fifty swap. Each state was represented so it was 50 blocks. I received my blocks and what a mess! The blocks were suppose to be 9 1/2". The blocks were 6 1/2"-12" if you can imagine. They were so poorly sewn-the edges were not even. Out of my 50 blocks there were 27 I could use and one of them was mine. It is so disappointing to receive blocks you can't use after you have put in all that work.
I think if you keep a few things in mind-don't try to do a block that is beyond your skill level and don't work on them when you're tired-easy to make mistakes. I like to make one or two extra blocks just in case.
Thank you Darlene for all your work and having to make decisions that are tough-I will back you all the way. and I mean that even if I get mine back!

Art cleans the dust of everyday life from the soul. Picasso
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7479 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7479 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2011 :  2:18:49 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
I know what you mean, LindaJo, although the blocks I have received in swaps haven't been as far off as you mention. I was in a row swap once (not in MJFG), though, and they were all to match the length of my row, which was 60". I received rows as much as 15 inches shorter and longer. And these were from quilt guild members - mostly seasoned quilters. I still haven't put that together since only 4 of the 8 rows were usable. Very frustrating, I admit.

You are doing a great job, Darlene. Hosting can be a difficult and thankless job.

Linda O
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

LindaJo
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

Linda
Fargo ND
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2011 :  4:18:35 PM  Show Profile
Oh, so disappointing, I never did a line quilt swap. I am thankful we have a leader who sticks to the guidelines. Know it is hard being the bad guy/swap mistress but I don't want to go that route again.

Art cleans the dust of everyday life from the soul. Picasso
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2011 :  8:51:36 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Thank you for your kind words and for backing me. These are to be fun swaps for everyone. It takes money and time to participate. The blocks have to be the correct size or they are useless to the rest of the blocks. If you send a quality block you certainly want a quality block in return. Certainly you can look at your blocks and see what they look like. Just to pass anything off to receive other blocks in return won't work. No one deserves to get anything other than the right size,squared,trimmed, etc. block. If it's not done properly it will not be sent to anyone. It will be sent back to the owner. The directions are easy to read. They just need to be followed and then we all can get wonderful blocks. No one is perfect but we do expect quality. Start out with a simple pattern and it's all good.

Be Blessed,
Darlene
Sister 1922

Go to Top of Page

SusanHarmon
True Blue Farmgirl

117 Posts

Susan Harmon
Robertsdale AL
USA
117 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2011 :  07:40:38 AM  Show Profile
Darlene; I agree with all of you on this. I am a newbie, but if I don't send as well as I receive, I will understand. if I get my blocks sent back. This is a learning process for me, I appreciate all the encouragement and understanding all of our Sisters have shown me. Constructive criticism is appreciated on my part.

Hugs;
Susan Harmon

Sister #1958
Let all that you do be done in love
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2011 :  08:36:12 AM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Susan, you didn't get your blocks back in the spring swap so don't worry about it. Your blocks were very nice. That's the difference in following the directions and having pride in your work. You did great. We all had and have to learn at some point. It's all good sister!

Be Blessed,
Darlene
Sister 1922

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Patriotic Star Quilt Block Swap CLOSED Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page