True Blue Farmgirl

172 Posts

Gail
Chattanooga Tennessee
USA
172 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2011 :  08:25:21 AM  Show Profile
My dear sweet farmgirl sisters,
After 11+ weeks of watching my little Mama struggle she passed on June 2. I have lived with and taken care of her for the last 8 years and the last 2 have been very hard on her. Her last episode on March 20th was more than her little body could handle. This is just about the hardest thing I have ever had to do..........go on without my Mom. It was time for her to go and she was ready. I thought I was too after watching her struggle the last couple of weeks. She was 84 and had lived a full and wonderful life. But oh how I miss her. Sometimes it seems unbearable.
But...........I have been OVERWHELMED with such an amazing outpouring of support from you precious farmgirl sisters! I have just been blessed over and over. I have a stack of cards, notes, little gifts and mail art from so many of you. I keep them in a basket and look them over almost daily. My heart is filled with such appreciation to you all. I will never be able to express how much this group of wonderful ladies has helped with my sadness......everytime I went to the mailbox and found another beautiful expression of caring. What a group to belong to....MJF Sisters. My Mama always enjoyed seeing what I would get from the different swaps and things and she would just be so tickled to see all of this!
MANY MANY MANY heartfelt thanks to you all and much love and many blessings. Ya'll are truly a special, unique bunch of Farmgirl gals!I can't wait to get back into the activities that are available here. Been gone too long.
Farmgirl Sister Gail #64

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6583 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6583 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2011 :  08:30:35 AM  Show Profile
Hello Dear Gail, my heart, thoughts and prayers have been with you along the way and you know you were truly never alone. Farmgirls are always here and will never go away.
We have missed you so and grieved with you at the loss of your Dear Mom.
Welcome back.
Have a fun and safe 4th of July.
Farmgirl Hugs,
Debbie

www.etsy.com/shop/CollectThisTreasures

http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com

http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2011 :  09:13:54 AM  Show Profile
Dearest Gail...my heart grieves with you over the loss of your beloved mama. God gave us Mother's for a reason...but not everyone can
boast of a close relationship with theirs. It is Special to behold...when a woman and her Mother are truly bonded with heartstrings of love. ~ I have yet to lose my Mom though she is getting up there in years too, but I did lose my dad 10 yrs ago and so I can empathize with the loss of a parent...and it is mighty hard...and just when you think you have no tears left, out they pop and pour down your cheeks at the most unexpected times and over the smalles little remembrances. FARMGIRLS walk this journey of life together...through the good and the bad, the silly and the sad...but always our hearts are strengthened...through our community of Sisterhood. God bless you dear sister, just remember that you do not walk this Journey of Life alone, for together we walk hand in hand,or arm in arm through every storm.

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com
http://pegsmiles7.wordpress.com

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jul 01 2011 09:16:42 AM
Go to Top of Page

Beth Jones
True Blue Farmgirl

3196 Posts

beth
tallassee alabama
3196 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2011 :  6:19:32 PM  Show Profile
Dear Gail, My Mom is gone from this world and I miss her every day...She was 82 when she died but was so full of life and a zest for living. Pancreatic cancer was her enemy and she passed away 1 month after finding out she had cancer...It was a blessing, though..That was 10 years ago...I still miss her every day..Those of us who are blessed with a loving mother have a great gift, that never really goes away. I find more times than not, doing things or saying things like my mom would have said or done...Last Friday, we were blessed with a precious granddaughter. My son who was so close to my mother wanted to name her Jewell, after my mother, his grandmother and his wife agreed. So we now have a little Jewell Christina to shower with love. My prayers to you and for you as you find your way. Smiles, Beth

You can never be to kind!
Go to Top of Page

gypsy goat
True Blue Farmgirl

673 Posts

mary jo
michigan
673 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2011 :  7:05:34 PM  Show Profile
i am so very sorry about your loss gail. it is very hard when you lose someone so near and dear to you. i still mourn the loss of my grandparents and it has been years since they have been gone. i hope that everyday gets a little easier for you and you are able to reflect on all the wonderful memories you have with your dear loved one

farmgirl#1362 whatever you are be a good one-abe lincoln
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2011 :  8:44:20 PM  Show Profile
Dear Gail,
So sorry for your loss, you will be in my prayers.

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

I ask not for a larger garden, but for finer seeds.

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13618 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13618 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2011 :  9:27:09 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Gail,
As already spoken . . . my heart, thoughts and prayers are with you.
Love you!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

From my Hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Lorraine Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

158 Posts

lorraine
salt point ny
USA
158 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2011 :  04:12:28 AM  Show Profile
i am so sorry it is never easy, loosing a loved one especially a parent!
just rember all your good and happy times with her.

god bless

LorraineMichelle
Farmgirl #3007

Chickens are like potato chips...
You can't have just one!
Go to Top of Page

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2011 :  05:13:18 AM  Show Profile
Gail~ I am so sorry for your loss. You remain in my thoughts and prayers.

~ Elaine
Farmgirl sister #2822

"Find yourself a cup of tea; the teapot is behind you. Now tell me about hundreds of things." ~Saki

http://embchicken.blogspot.com

http://gusandtrudy.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Grammygail
True Blue Farmgirl

172 Posts

Gail
Chattanooga Tennessee
USA
172 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2011 :  6:06:00 PM  Show Profile
Thank you my farmgirl sisters for all of the encouraging words. My love and blessings to you all.
Go to Top of Page

coaloha
True Blue Farmgirl

502 Posts

Pam

USA
502 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2011 :  6:20:51 PM  Show Profile  Send coaloha an AOL message
Dear Gail,

I am so sorry for your loss. Caring thoughts and prayers coming your way.

Pam

Pam Barnes-Palty
Phoenix, AZ
Farmgirl #1075

Be distracted by joy
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

960 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
960 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2011 :  7:46:25 PM  Show Profile
Dear Gail, I have been gone from the Forum for several days and just saw that you lost your precious Mama, I am so sorry. Please know that you are in my heart and prayers.
Big Hugs, Ruth

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

God loves each one of us as if there were only one of us!

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

misspittypat
True Blue Farmgirl

102 Posts

lila
osceola mo
USA
102 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2011 :  08:01:40 AM  Show Profile
I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Three years ago we lost dad; then a month later my brother killed himself; we almost lost momma. Needless say it was a trying time -- together with my youngest sister we rented a Victorian house large enough to hold all of us-- and we moved Momma in with us.... God has watched over us and Mom is slowly recovering we have a small garden in a very large fenced in yard so we have her dog, my brother's dog and our dogs as well.
I;m very thankful to have my mother with me and I dread the day we do indeed loose her. God bless your mother and may his love grant your family peace as you recover from your loss.

Lila
Go to Top of Page
  *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Loss of my Mama Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page