Author Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Steak Recipes Wanted Next Topic  

HollyG
True Blue Farmgirl

214 Posts

Holly
Hamburg Arkansas
USA
214 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2011 :  1:15:13 PM  Show Profile  Click to see HollyG's MSN Messenger address
One of the blessings of raising my own beef is having wonderful tasting meat all of the time. One of the bad things of raising my own beef is having so MUCH of it. Our least favorite cut of meat is the sirloin steak. I ususally strip it up for fajitas or other steak-strippy meals - like sauted with onions & peppers over wild rice. What else can I do with it? The only way I really know how to cook it is to grill it. Any suggestions? Recipes are desperately needed.

HollyG
Farmgirl #2513
www.mydeepwoodslife.com

karla
True Blue Farmgirl

1308 Posts

karla
Pella Iowa
USA
1308 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2011 :  1:34:37 PM  Show Profile
Marinate it in a Chinese type sauce & cut it into strips to use for stir fry-fried rice etc.

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

http://rua2j-grammysheirlooms.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Okie Farm Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

1674 Posts

Mary Beth
McLoud Oklahoma
USA
1674 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2011 :  7:02:31 PM  Show Profile
Holly, I love sirloin steak on the grill, but I marinate it first. I put my steaks in a rectangular or square Tupperware type dish and sprinkle it with Adolph's. Then I use Mr. Yoshida's sauce (Sam's and Walmart carry it) and pour that over it to marinate. If you can't get that, then marinate it in 1 cup pineapple juice, 1/4 cup soy sauce, fresh garlic (minced), 2 tbsp warmed honey and a dash of black pepper. I put the lid on and toss the steaks around and then marinate that overnight. We grill it with a slice of pineapple for each piece/person that we also grill. (The pineapple, not the people!) I serve it with the pineapple on top. Yum.

Mary Beth

www.OklahomaPastryCloth.com
www.Oklahomapastrycloth.com/blog
The Sovereign Lord is my strength - Habakkuk 3:19
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Steak Recipes Wanted Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page