Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 I Think I Broke My Toe....
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic I Think I Broke My Toe.... Next Topic  

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
in the Pandhandle of Idaho
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2006 :  10:22:42 AM  Show Profile
Saturday night I went over to my dh, who was sitting at a dining room chair, to kiss him goodnight. When I turned around to go over to one of my daughters, I stubbed my little pinky toe (really bad) on dh's clodhopper shoe. I can move the darn thing, but I'm not sure if I broke it. Did some research and most says unless the bone moved, dr's won't really do anything. So I taped it to the next toe and I have to wear teva's to work with my biz looking clothes! Tried to put my sneakers on to do my spinning class and AGONY. Anyone have experience with this?

PS: My dh always yells at me for going barefoot, but I don't like shoes when I'm home.

"You cannot find peace...by avoiding life."
Virginia Woolfe

DaisyFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

1646 Posts

Diane
Victoria BC
Canada
1646 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2006 :  11:02:18 AM  Show Profile
Yep, did the same thing...only dropped a log aquarium stand on it...and I was told the same thing as you...pretty much suck it up unless you want your whole foot in a cast. Hurts don't it!?!? lol Keeping it elevated helped with the throbbing and I didn't drink very much as I was sure it was going to blow right off on those dreaded trips to the loo. Good side of it all was it healed pretty fast.

Di
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2006 :  11:16:32 AM  Show Profile
Oh Debbie...that hurts so bad. A few years ago I dropped a 12" skillet on my foot (wearing thin socks and no shoes of course) and broke three toes (the biggest three) My husband made me go get exrays..which cost a bundle (we didn't have insurance then) and they just had to tape them together. The big toe was about scary looking..it got hit right on the toenail and throbbed like crazy. The other toes were bruised even on the back..which I thought was weird. I get a better grip and pay more attention to the big skillets when I move them now..wore my birks for 6 weeks before I could stand to wear tennies again!!! I don't like shoes when I am in the house either..and havn't learned my lesson there at all.
Hugs..hope your toe is better real soon! You did the right thing for it..and I wouldn't waste the time and money to go to the doc that is all they would do too.

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2006 :  11:22:35 AM  Show Profile
I am always barefoot at home, always. Hate to wear shoes when Im home. I have dropped many things on my toes and broke ( I think) my little toe on the metal part of my bed, the frame. I didnt go to the hospital but I felt broke. Took wks. to be able to walk on it.

she selects wool and flax and works with eager hands Prov.31:13
Go to Top of Page

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2006 :  11:23:53 AM  Show Profile
Thanks ladies,

Your stories make me feel better. I feel like such a dope, but I will just deal with it. I'll be limping around farm fair this Saturday, but I am still going!! I appreciate your replies.

Debbie

Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page

Whimsy_girl
True Blue Farmgirl

576 Posts

USA
576 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2006 :  12:05:34 PM  Show Profile
Oh honey I'm so sorry!!! I know that hurts.

See you at farm fair!!

B.

you can be oh so smart, or you can be oh so positive. I wasted a lot of time being smart I prefer being positive.
Go to Top of Page

Garden_artist
True Blue Farmgirl

182 Posts

Tammy
Southern Coast Oregon
182 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2006 :  12:21:22 PM  Show Profile
Debbie, I broke and rebroke my right pinky toe in the last month. It hurts so much. I hope it gets better for you quickly, mine felt pretty good in about a week.

Jenny a cast iron skillet sound terrible, I bet that hurt for a long time.

When I feel spring coming I have to plant or I’ll go crazy!
Go to Top of Page

_Rebecca_
True Blue Farmgirl

568 Posts

Rebecca
OK
USA
568 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2006 :  12:34:32 PM  Show Profile
Broke my big toe dancing around the livingroom when I was a teenager. I was entertaining my niece who was a baby at the time. I kicked my toe into my dad's recliner. It never turned blue or black. It just hurt off and on for about a year after that. It was usually when I would go up stairs barefoot that I felt it. All is well ever since then. Take some pain killers and maybe put some ice on it at home. Give it some TLC.

.·:*¨¨* :·.Rebecca.·:*¨¨* :·.
Wife of Jonathan, Mother of Joel, Caitlyn, Elia
Go to Top of Page

DaisyFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

1646 Posts

Diane
Victoria BC
Canada
1646 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2006 :  12:51:55 PM  Show Profile
Oh geez Aunt Jenny...that just makes me about want to be sick! Poor girl!

Di
Go to Top of Page

quilt8305
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Mary
Spokane WA
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2006 :  1:35:16 PM  Show Profile
You are right - the doctors don't get too concerned about a broken toe. I have stubbed my left pinky at leastfour times and now it kind of sticks out a little - just right for snagging on stuff.

M

Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding. Albert Einstein
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2006 :  6:19:02 PM  Show Profile
Oh, ouch! My sister stubbed her little toe on her tread mill while I was on the phone with her. I heard it through the phone- that's how hard she hit it. Made my knees weak! But, being the horrible sister that I am - I started laughing. She was not amused!!

Karin

Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2006 :  06:12:44 AM  Show Profile
oh, ouch! I hope it heals up fast for you.

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
Go to Top of Page

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2006 :  11:04:41 AM  Show Profile
Thanks all,

I'm starting to feel a little better. Been wearing flip flops to work all week. I kinda like it!! I tried to cram my foot into an old sneaker today so I could go teach my spinning class. Ouch. But it didn't hurt to spin. Other than that, been skipping the gym til I heal. Am doing ice and feel much better than a few days ago. See some of you at farm fair. Will be thinking of all the rest of you.

Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic I Think I Broke My Toe.... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page