Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Farmgirl Fashion
 magnolia Pearl company/designers
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Farmgirl Fashion: Previous Topic magnolia Pearl company/designers Next Topic
Page: of 2

batznthebelfry
True Blue Farmgirl

1257 Posts

Michele
Athol Ma
USA
1257 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2011 :  1:29:16 PM  Show Profile
thank you Kim! :) I am good at 'talks'...lol...lol...lol...I just finished a 1930's dress that I am getting excited about wearing once the weather is warmer....I am now working on a skirt & pantaloons for a hen as a trade/barter...will definitely take pics of that when done....I really need to get back up in the sewing room as I have been not sewing for a week or so....gray weather gets to me & when the sun is shining I am outside all I can be....so the sewing has been put aside...but I got some great older patterns 1940-50's that I am wanting to get to....plus get into the 15 yards of muslin I just got, dyed & washed but needs a good ironing...so much to do & no energy...lol....Michele'

Chickens rule!
The Old Batz Farm
Hen #2622
Go to Top of Page

lulu
True Blue Farmgirl

240 Posts

Connie
Geuda Springs Kansas
USA
240 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2011 :  1:51:43 PM  Show Profile
Michele, I would love some of MP clothes and I even went to the website, alas I looked at the prices and knew that was not in my budget!!! Maybe the best I could do is make my own, if I had a pattern. I'm going to try and find a vintage pattern for the 1890's. Then I may go crazy. I have about 10 yards of unbleached muslin that I will tea stain. I did get the book and I'm looking for different fabrics and taking stock of the fabrics that I already have.
I would love to do my bedroom in that style, maybe DH wouldn't say to much about the bedroom. Now as far as the rest of the house that would be a different matter.
I have been going to thrift shops, goodwill and estate sales looking for lace panels and tapestry fabric. I got a reproduction print of a turn-of -the-century stone Lithograph of "Which Is Sweetner". Now I need to find a frame for it, even if I have to make one out of old boards, I think I can do this. I'll try and do pictures if I can get started on it.
Connie

LULU
farmgirl sister #1369
"Scattered Prairie Gals" chapter

Take care and write soon.
When you wish upon a star...Jiminy Cricket
Go to Top of Page

TabithaLenox
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Kim
Gettysburg PA
USA
605 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2011 :  2:14:44 PM  Show Profile
Lulu, I agree with you about the prices...and I think it couldn't be that hard to make out own instead! I'm going to look at vintage clothing at the thrift/antique store this weekend and see what I can find. I've also seen patterns at www.folkwear.com that would work really well.

Michelle, I hear you on the no sunshine=no energy...I'm the exact same way. Happy we're having sunshine today!

Kim
Farmgirl #184

http://www.tabithalenox.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2011 :  3:27:38 PM  Show Profile
Michele I loved your response. I love Edwardian style clothes and make all kinds of them with the tucks and lace insertion. I even wear Edwardian Tea gowns and button shoes to Walmart. It used to mortify my kids when I dressed like that with outrageous hats et all. When people would stare or ask if I was going to a wedding or something my daughter (then about 14) asked me if it didn't bother me when they stared or snickered. I said well, it gave them something to talk about the rest of the day didn't it? I believe in being who you are no matter what. My kids finally got it and in their twenties for my 50th birthday gift they bought me a pair of custom made, authentic kid leather knee high gigi boots that were made from antique lasts from the turn of the century. My pride and joy and suit my wardrobe down to the ground!!!!

Don't forget about Past Pattern as well - they have quite a few very authentic patterns available. Folkwear is a good company but limited in designs somewhat. Happy "coutureing" everyone....

Blessings, Sheri

"Work is Love made visible" -Kahlil Gibran
Go to Top of Page

batznthebelfry
True Blue Farmgirl

1257 Posts

Michele
Athol Ma
USA
1257 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2011 :  3:39:01 PM  Show Profile
glad to hear from you sheri, yeah its fun to mortify the kids isn't it?!!!The boots they got you sound wondrful...I have a pair of lace up victorian style that I need to wear more often to break in...but I have a really cool pair of just about the ankle biker like boots that are great & wear them alot...lol...who says bikers can't go with victorian or 1930's!!! lol....I like past Patterns but I find better prices on Ebay...yeah I know....but really I can get the same pattern unused for less that there...plus i am always typing in vintage style clothes patterns on the net & have found tons of great places for a lot less money....plus a lot of my old prairie stype slips I make into skirts & dresses with just a heavier cotton .....I do adore muslin though it works so great for the styles that I & Magnolia Pearl do.....plus the antique stained lacy sheets, pillow cases ect make wonderful skirt/slips ect.....they just have to be ironed....:( if not taken out of the dryer right away...but then I hang so much in the nice weather I don't have to do that often...thank goodness...I would rather bale hay than iron.....Michele'

Chickens rule!
The Old Batz Farm
Hen #2622
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2011 :  5:26:33 PM  Show Profile
I am one, dressing out of the box when I have my day off. Not in Victorian item (love them!!) but with color and with what I wear I am different from most peeps in my small village of not 1000 people (many elderly peeps too)I am FAMOUS (infamous??) for my pink shoes lol. LOVE to wear them as often as I can and everytime I do, I get friendly comments :)

When I returned from Thailand last year I wore a lovely pair of Thai style pants and a LOT of people looked and looked haha

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

http://pinkprincessdecorating.blogspot.com/
Almost daily updates on me, my home and my crafts

Farmgirl sister # 2410
Go to Top of Page

BarefootGoatGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1495 Posts

Corrine
North Carolina
USA
1495 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2011 :  12:16:14 PM  Show Profile  Send BarefootGoatGirl a Yahoo! Message
i love the "mortify the kids" comment. my kids are so use to my quirky style that i think they would be horrified if i started looking like a "normal" mama...but than again, my kiddos don't exactly dress "normal" either.

http://www.corrinemackrell.carbonmade.com
Go to Top of Page

batznthebelfry
True Blue Farmgirl

1257 Posts

Michele
Athol Ma
USA
1257 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2011 :  5:38:40 PM  Show Profile
My son is the same way..if I did anything 'normal' he would wonder who took his mother & who is this woman!...Michele'

Chickens rule!
The Old Batz Farm
Hen #2622
Go to Top of Page

batznthebelfry
True Blue Farmgirl

1257 Posts

Michele
Athol Ma
USA
1257 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2011 :  9:27:05 PM  Show Profile
well I just finished a country patchwork skirt with lace at the waist & the hem plus muslin pantaloons with lace for a hen as a barter trade....tried to take pics & this new camera is difficult...can't get the flash to work to save my life....Am now working on a white cotton bonnet with lace hanging from the back..maybe by the time I get it done I will be able to use the flash & put in a pic for you....I have a bout 4 or 5 white/tea/coffee dyed things I am working on to get done in the next couple of weeks....plus I need a set of pantaloons for myself now that I found a better pattern for them....Michele'

Chickens rule!
The Old Batz Farm
Hen #2622
Go to Top of Page

lulu
True Blue Farmgirl

240 Posts

Connie
Geuda Springs Kansas
USA
240 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2011 :  06:18:30 AM  Show Profile
Michele, Where did you find the pattern? I'm still looking for one.
Connie

LULU
farmgirl sister #1369

Go to Top of Page

batznthebelfry
True Blue Farmgirl

1257 Posts

Michele
Athol Ma
USA
1257 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2011 :  07:47:04 AM  Show Profile
Hi Connie...the pattern I finally found that works great is: McCalls costumes #M4548 It has a prarie dress, Chemise, Pantaloons, apron & bonnet...Mine goes from size 10 to size 16. I think if you can find it & get it you will love it! Michele'

Chickens rule!
The Old Batz Farm
Hen #2622
Go to Top of Page

foreverbooks
True Blue Farmgirl

514 Posts

Carole
Tombstone AZ
USA
514 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2011 :  07:54:21 AM  Show Profile
Ordered Robin's book "Country Living A Bit of Velvet and A Dash of Lace" through the library. Absolutely beautiful book! Have decided to go ahead and splurge and buy a personal copy for my home library.

Carole
Arizona Farmgirl Sister #2556
Go to Top of Page

lulu
True Blue Farmgirl

240 Posts

Connie
Geuda Springs Kansas
USA
240 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2011 :  5:26:58 PM  Show Profile
Michele, Thanks for the pattern number, I'll try and get over to the store and pick it up. I'm also going to look for
a bed jacket pattern. I've picked up several lace curtains and thought I would make a bed jacket.
Carole, I really enjoy my copy of her book. I like several ideas that I've seen in it that I might try.
Connie

LULU
farmgirl sister #1369

Go to Top of Page

batznthebelfry
True Blue Farmgirl

1257 Posts

Michele
Athol Ma
USA
1257 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2011 :  06:09:26 AM  Show Profile
These are a pair of Pantaloons I made for a hen along with a patchwork country skirt....sorry couldn't get good pic of skirt...Michele'

Chickens rule!
The Old Batz Farm
Hen #2622
Go to Top of Page

batznthebelfry
True Blue Farmgirl

1257 Posts

Michele
Athol Ma
USA
1257 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2011 :  11:37:08 AM  Show Profile
finished this last night, a cotton slip dress with antique laces ect
actually is all tea dyed but for some reason looks pink in pic :)
Chickens rule!
The Old Batz Farm
Hen #2622

Edited by - batznthebelfry on Apr 02 2011 11:38:40 AM
Go to Top of Page

batznthebelfry
True Blue Farmgirl

1257 Posts

Michele
Athol Ma
USA
1257 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2011 :  11:39:35 AM  Show Profile

finished these 2 days ago :)
something went wron g so ignore this & look at next pic...lol
Chickens rule!
The Old Batz Farm
Hen #2622

Edited by - batznthebelfry on Apr 02 2011 11:41:10 AM
Go to Top of Page

batznthebelfry
True Blue Farmgirl

1257 Posts

Michele
Athol Ma
USA
1257 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2011 :  11:41:42 AM  Show Profile

Chickens rule!
The Old Batz Farm
Hen #2622
Go to Top of Page

ZenGoddess
True Blue Farmgirl

613 Posts

Cindy
MO
USA
613 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2011 :  4:26:20 PM  Show Profile
Michele,
For what ever reason I have been drawn to your posts today & in reading them I find its incredible that we are so much alike!
You would love my stashes, Sheets and curtains galore all to make skirts and bloomers! I am very fond of the night cloths and have a
few white cotton gowns stashed away for inspiration !

Hugs,
ZenGoddess/Southernplum
My life goal is to Simply - Simplify my life.
http://herbalcottage.blogspot.com
http://herbalcottage.etsy.com
http://southernplum.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

batznthebelfry
True Blue Farmgirl

1257 Posts

Michele
Athol Ma
USA
1257 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2011 :  03:45:57 AM  Show Profile
just finished theses :)

Chickens rule!
The Old Batz Farm
Hen #2622
Go to Top of Page

farmmilkmama
True Blue Farmgirl

2027 Posts

Amy
Central MN
USA
2027 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2011 :  05:14:36 AM  Show Profile
oh my gosh, Michele, I love the pantaloons! I had never heard of the Magnolia Pearl website, but WOW! I love it! Such fun stuff that I would love to make and wear and that my family wouldn't even be surprised if I came out wearing it. They'd just smirk and say "Yup, that's my mom" or "Yup. that's my wife." :)

--* FarmMilkMama *--

Be yourself.
Everyone else is already taken.
-Oscar Wilde

www.farmfoodmama.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

batznthebelfry
True Blue Farmgirl

1257 Posts

Michele
Athol Ma
USA
1257 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2011 :  12:54:50 PM  Show Profile
Amy my family is the same way...they are always shocked when I wear something termed normal...lol....Michele'

Chickens rule!
The Old Batz Farm
Hen #2622
Go to Top of Page

batznthebelfry
True Blue Farmgirl

1257 Posts

Michele
Athol Ma
USA
1257 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2011 :  10:05:05 AM  Show Profile
I am sooo excited just put in a order for some of the prettiest laces for my clothes! I have a wonderful lady I buy from on Ebay that has the prettiest laces in the whites & natural colors I like to use & she has wonderful prices to boot. I ordered around 60 yards total of different laces to play with....now to get back into the sewing room! Last few days have been nice so went to a friends house to clean out her 2 chicken coops...I do it for her for the 'just because' & to get to visit with her. And I need to bake up the pumpkin I pulled from the freezer into pumpkin bread today...so maybe tomorrow I can get into the sewing room...promise to post pics!....Michele'

Chickens rule!
The Old Batz Farm
Hen #2622
Go to Top of Page

BarefootGoatGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1495 Posts

Corrine
North Carolina
USA
1495 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2011 :  11:31:22 AM  Show Profile  Send BarefootGoatGirl a Yahoo! Message
i love ebay for fabrics and trim! its a great source of affordable vintage.

www.barefootfashion.wordpress.com

http://www.corrinemackrell.carbonmade.com
Go to Top of Page

batznthebelfry
True Blue Farmgirl

1257 Posts

Michele
Athol Ma
USA
1257 Posts

Posted - May 04 2011 :  11:26:22 AM  Show Profile
newest shirt/jacket I made to go with the bloomers...yeap I wear the bloomers as regular pants when out & about....it is made with different new & vintage lace...the back bottom lacey area is actually taken from an 1940's cotton bedspread that had beautiful lace...I dyed it using curry powder & a bit of normal yellow dye.....I used old doilies I bought back in 1983 for the button holes.....Michele'

Chickens rule!
The Old Batz Farm
Hen #2622
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Farmgirl Fashion: Previous Topic magnolia Pearl company/designers Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page