nh.farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

74 Posts

Barbara
New Hampshire
USA
74 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2011 :  07:56:12 AM  Show Profile
My Annabelle is no longer suffering. Thank you for all your love and best wishes. I really need them now - I know it was the right thing to do and that she went gently and peacefully, yet still I am hurting so much right now.

Barbara :.((

"If I could say it in words there would be no reason to paint."
- Edward Hopper
www.newhampshirefarmgirl.blogspot.com
Farmgirl Sister

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6662 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6662 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2011 :  08:02:10 AM  Show Profile
You made the right decision Barbara even though you are hurting and your heart is broken. Annabelle is happy and running around in heaven with all our other family members free of pain and having the time of her life. She is watching over you.

You are in my heart and prayers.

Farm girl Hugs,
Debbie
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2011 :  08:03:20 AM  Show Profile
Of course you are, Barbara, but you did the right thing. I often wish we could do this for each other. She is still with you, she has simply changed form--like your pictures on the blog, she's cooling her belly in the lush green gardens of heaven, now.

I'm thinking of you. It will take time. But you know that she was so well loved--and loved you in return. We, none of us, can ask for more.

Musings from our family in the Bluegrass http://sweetvioletmae.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2011 :  08:45:00 AM  Show Profile
Oh Barbara, my heart really goes out to you. In fact I knew when I read the heading you were going to tell about Annabelle being gone. I understand. As others have said..it will hurt a long time...yes it will, but what a pastor's wife said to me after having to release my Buffy was essentially what Debbie said. Scripture is full of animals being loved by God, and I believe you will see Annabelle again. She was a special gift to you, and now you can keep forever her memory. I will continue to pray for you as I know your heart is breaking....breaking because you were a great caretaker and she was a spectacular pet. God bless you.

Buffypuff/ Claudia ~ Farmgirl & Sister #870 ~
"It compliments God to ask great things of Him." ~ St. Theresa of Avila

Go to Top of Page

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2701 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2701 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2011 :  09:33:24 AM  Show Profile
Barbara,

I'm so sorry for the loss of your Annabelle. I just lost my Selena two weeks ago and I still find myself crying when I go by where she used to sleep. Know you are in my thoughts and prayers. I had my kitty for almost fourteen years. She was my only little girl. I have a male cat, a male dog, two sons and a husband. Now I am besieged by males, lol. It's never easy when we lose a beloved pet.
hugs
Marcy

Farmgirl #170

Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give...Eleanor Roosevelt

http://marcysworldofcreativity.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

LeighErica
True Blue Farmgirl

306 Posts

Erica
PA
USA
306 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2011 :  09:41:07 AM  Show Profile
Dear Barbara, I didn't see this post and left a message on your blog. Just wanted you to know that I am thinking and praying for you. Hugs, Erica
Go to Top of Page

Heartbroken farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

604 Posts

Annette
rio vista Ca
USA
604 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2011 :  6:04:27 PM  Show Profile  Send Heartbroken farmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Barbara, I'm so sorry. It is so hard to make that decision. I know it hurts, deeply, but I agree with all the other sisters, you did the right thing. Your sweet Annabelle is no longer tired, suffering, or fighting. I know even while missing her, you can find comfort in that. They become so much like family, the only downfall to having a treasured pet is you will probably have to face this choice. My heart goes out to you! Hold on to the cuddles, and purrs in your heart, and it will get easier. Lots of (((hugs)))!

The tears I shed then, watered the flowers I harvest now.

www.broken908.blogspot.com
http://forums.familyfriendpoems.com/broken908

"The aim of education is the knowledge not of facts but of values."-Dean William Ralph Inge
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2011 :  6:31:53 PM  Show Profile
i am so sorry Barbara for your pain. sending you hugs and love sherrye

the learn as we go silk purse farm
farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

pnickols
True Blue Farmgirl

808 Posts

Patricia
Parma Ohio
808 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2011 :  6:38:51 PM  Show Profile
I'm so sorry Barbara, but Annabelle is free of pain now, I had my kitty for 17 years and we had to put her down. My Amber is 18 and though remarkably healthy for such an old lady, I wonder how much longer she will be with us.
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2011 :  7:24:59 PM  Show Profile
Barbara,
it's not easy saying Good-bye...but as they say "it is better to have Loved & loss, then to never have Loved at all.....so true about our fur babies.
Hugz,

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom.
"Is it time for my Dirt Manicure yet!"

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://www.graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

nh.farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

74 Posts

Barbara
New Hampshire
USA
74 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2011 :  7:33:19 PM  Show Profile
Thank you, every one of you.

Just a moment before it happened, it's like Annabelle suddenly knew and was afraid and stood up and just clung to me, flattened herself to me with her front paws and buried her face in my chest as though begging me to please save her. :.(((( OMG, it was so heart-wrenching and sad. I know she is better off, that she had been suffering and would have suffered far more. I'm just heartsick over the entire thing. Just so so sad tonight. I feel for everyone who has ever or will ever go through this. I am just miserable and profoundly sad. I hope I wake up tomorrow in a better place with this. :((((((((((((( Thank you for all your kind words. I am hurting, but it helps, it really does. Blessings to you all.

"If I could say it in words there would be no reason to paint."
- Edward Hopper
www.newhampshirefarmgirl.blogspot.com
Farmgirl Sister

Go to Top of Page

LeighErica
True Blue Farmgirl

306 Posts

Erica
PA
USA
306 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2011 :  06:01:43 AM  Show Profile
Dearest Barbara, I am feeling the depth of your pain and wish so badly to just give you a hug. Annabelle loved you with all her heart....she will always be with you. The connection you two shared will never be forgotten. Give yourself time, be good to yourself and know that we are all here if you need us. I so wish I could do more, as I know the pain you feel. Praying for peace and comfort during this extremely difficult time.....Big, big hugs, Erica
Go to Top of Page

acairnsmom
True Blue Farmgirl

1319 Posts

audrey
cheyenne wy
1319 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2011 :  1:08:57 PM  Show Profile
Though I knew not Annabelle, my tears are mingled with yours.

Audrey

Toto, we're not in Kansas any more!
Go to Top of Page

Violets November
True Blue Farmgirl

342 Posts

Violet
Exeter California
USA
342 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2011 :  3:25:33 PM  Show Profile
My heart goes out to you. I went through the same thing with my beloved Golden Retriever about 5 years ago. The vet came out to our house. I knew it was the right thing to do, but I didn't want to do it. But I had to do it.

I cried and cried like a baby anyway. I loved her so much. She and the kids grew up together.

We have her picture on our desktop.

It isn't easy. But you did the right thing.

~Violet~
Farmgirl Sister #1669

My blog, http://hiddenacre.blogspot.com/
Our Organic Jewelry, http://www.etsy.com/shop/GaelicForge
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2011 :  5:17:29 PM  Show Profile
I hope today was better. I'm glad you had that one last cling. She knew who loved her and you knew you were doing the best for her. Bless you, my dear.

Buffypuff/ Claudia ~ Farmgirl & Sister #870 ~
"It compliments God to ask great things of Him." ~ St. Theresa of Avila

Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2011 :  5:43:02 PM  Show Profile
I am so sorry for your pain, Barbara. Sending you a hug. Hope it helps.
Marianne
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6662 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6662 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2011 :  5:47:14 PM  Show Profile
Dearest Barbara, I have been thinking of you today and hope you are feeling better about the decision you made and not beating up on yourself, you did what you did out of love and your Annabelle knew that. You were both Blessed to have one another. Hang in there.

Farm girl hugs,
Debbie
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2011 :  6:47:48 PM  Show Profile
Barbara,

I too am praying for comfort in your heart. I am so sorry for your loss.

~Sharon

By His Grace, For His Glory

http://merryheartjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

HollyMaker
True Blue Farmgirl

84 Posts

Holly
CA
USA
84 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2011 :  12:01:08 AM  Show Profile
Barbara,

I am so sorry for your loss. I know it hurts and her clinging to you at the end must have made it all the more difficult. These decisions are never easy. Again, I am sorry for your loss.

Farmgirl Sister #2699
http://www.chartreuseproducts.com/hlennon.html Natural and organic cleaning products, bath and body, natural mineral makeup, righteous reusables and more! Be sure to put my name (on homepage of website) in the 'How did you hear about us' section.
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Annabelle Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page