New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Patsy Ramsey died Sat. Next Topic  

Mollie
True Blue Farmgirl

88 Posts

88 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2006 :  7:15:24 PM  Show Profile
Patsy Ramsey, JonBenet Ramsey's mother, died yesterday of ovarian cancer. She was 49 yrs. old. She died at her father's home where she had been staying in GA, her husband John was with her. She denied her involvement with her daughter's death to the end. The police in Boulder, CO continued to say that the parents were under an "umbrella of suspicion" in their daughter's death because of the ransom note but in 2003, a U.S. Dirstrict Judge in GA reviewed the case and thought an intruder killed their daughter. The crime has remained unsolved.

What do you all think about the murder? I still remember it and listening to the details, what a mystery!!

GaiasRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2552 Posts

Tasha-Rose
St. Paul Minnesota
2552 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2006 :  7:33:52 PM  Show Profile
we can all speculate what really happened, but int he end only three individuals, possibly four, truly know. The only victim, regardless, IMHO, was that sweet little girl.

Cancer is terrible and its sad that she ahd to o that way, ESPECIALLY if she really did havesomething to do with it. People who kill their children deserve a painful death IMHO. okay.....Ill go hide now..

~*~Brightest Blessings~*~
Tasha-Rose
Go to Top of Page

happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2006 :  9:14:24 PM  Show Profile
I'm very sorry to see anyone die of a horrific disease like cancer, and I feel so bad for her family, especially her son. As for the guilt/innocence issue, hopefully this will make sense -- it's late and sometimes what makes sense to me isn't real clear to others.

I have a family member who was a police detective in the area at the time, and he said that the Ramsey's stonewalled police and were not helpful at all from the get-go. He said that this kept investigators from getting crucial, basic information early in the game, which is crucial to solving a crime like this. He also commented that it got very tiring to hear that they were too upset to talk to police, but that same day they'd be giving media interviews.

That said, I think people like them (well-to-do & high profile) have gotten used to having attorneys and other spokespeople called in at the first sign of a problem, so that's what they did. And there have been cases where an innocent person didn't get counsel because they thought that since they were innocent they'd be okay if they just cooperated, which turned out to be a mistake.

I guess what I'm saying is that there are so many angles on this situation, more than most of us will ever know, thank goodness. In my gut, I feel that a family member was involved -- maybe the son -- and the parents handled it the best way they knew. I remember seeing a mother of a child who accidently shot his brother say on the news that she had lost one child and wouldn't be able to bear it if the courts convicted, and she "lost" her remaining child. That's just my gut feeling based on what I read at the time. My cousin wouldn't tell any details or info at all -- just the general frustration of dealing with the parents, and he didn't tell us that for about 5 or 6 years after the murder.

Some people search for happiness; others create it.

http://happymama58.typepad.com/my_weblog/
Go to Top of Page

Boxbreaker
Farmgirl in Training

16 Posts

Tia
Lancing TN
USA
16 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2006 :  06:43:57 AM  Show Profile
Happymomma~ I've always had the feeling her son did it as well. Every photo, every story made me feel like they were protecting someone. It would make some sense for them to be involved in the cover up/scene in order to protect what was left. Then again, we may never really know.

I was saddened to hear she died. Seems she fought cancer for a long time.

But the dreamers of the day are dangerous people because they enact their dreams into reality with eyes wide open.
Go to Top of Page

Hideaway Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1553 Posts

Jo
Virginia
USA
1553 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2006 :  06:49:20 AM  Show Profile
Very sad. DH and I were talking about this when we heard the news about her death, and while I thought that perhaps now, someone will feel free to speak up about what really happened, but DH felt the very opposite; that she has likely carried a secret(s) with her to the grave.

How very sad for this entire family. "There, but for the Grace of God ...?"

Jo
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2006 :  11:18:15 AM  Show Profile
I pray that mom and daughter see each other in heaven.

Peace
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Patsy Ramsey died Sat. Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page